As an important member of the Human Resources team, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining resources to use in the attraction, selection, hiring, and on-boarding of Associates for Dominion Sportservice.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Using various advertising media, create and post job ads. Regularly review online ads and update as necessary.
2.Conduct candidate assessments: including resume screening and reference checking. Schedule and conduct phone screening and in-person interviews.
3.Assisting with the development of strategies to target, attract, and recruit candidates using a variety of tools and techniques including third party job boards, career/job fairs, industry events, educational institutions, etc.
4.Leverage online recruiting resources, company website, and, in-house job board, and associate referral program.
5.Conduct Orientations and other on-boarding activities – present, set-up, take-down, etc.
6.Track various recruitment/retention efforts.
7.Ensure unit compliance with all federal and provincial legislation and employment standards.
8.Assist with development and delivery of unit-specific training programs for hourly employees.
9.Research and forge partnerships with Non-Profit Organizations. Ensure all volunteers receive the proper
orientation, training, and commit to following DSS policies/procedures.
10.Assist with OH&S and WCB claims reporting and tracking.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Assist with the distribution of employee paycheques / pay stubs.
2.Help maintain event office area, uniform room and laundry room in a clean and orderly fashion.
3.Display awareness and assist with the development of human resources related documents that assist in the administration of an effective Human Resource Department (i.e. job descriptions, evaluations, surveys, manuals and work rules and regulations).
4.Follow up on employee disciplinary action as required. Prepare and administer Records of Employee Counseling (RACs).
5.Administer employee incentive programs designed to assist the unit in meeting its financial and service goals.
6.Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and employees. Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional ability to assess personality and traits from various forms of information.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; self starter.
- Minimum of College diploma/certificate required. Post secondary education within Human Resources or Business related fields preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years Human Resources experience is required.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher. Familiarity with PeopleSoft or similar HRIS preferred.
- The job requires manual dexterity, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, and the ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
The above is intended to describe the general contents of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities or requirements.