Dominion Enterprises Employee Reviews

Productive outgoing atmosphere with a wonderful staff
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA24 May 2017
This company was phenomenal to work for. The coaching and training you receive is exceptional. Guest speakers from authors who would come and take their time to come and train us on how to sell more effectively. The sales managers also were great and treated us like family. The staff are professional and made sure we were all taken care of equally. Dominion Enterprises is by far one of the best places I have ever worked for. Learning the programs at first could be challenging but once you get a better understanding the programs become like second nature.
Pros
Bonuses, games & prizes.
Cons
No cons
IT Support
IS Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX18 May 2017
This is a clicked based place to work. The manager only cares about those he knows or likes. Not very diverse and not very helpful. Manager was very vindictive...Hated working here and was very happy to get away. The pay is awful!!
Pros
it was close to home
Cons
Clicky....not very diverse
Good Luck!
Inside Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA11 May 2017
Management is all over the place. Managers only care about you if you're bringing in cash. But, honestly I'm fed up selling realtors things that I know are not going to work. I'm currently looking for a new job and so is everyone else on the sales floor. It's not unusual tho people are always in and out of here.
It's a nice place
Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA20 April 2017
Very collaborative environment. I would recommend this company to anybody just starting out. There are opporunities to move up if you network and talk to the right people.
Internship experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA30 March 2017
Didn't really care for it. I was not looking for the kind of work that I ended up doing so I wasn't happy about that. The people were great though, I really enjoyed working with all of them but the work was boring. If I had the opportunity to have another position within the company, I'd definitely go back. The environment is awesome.
Life at DE
Web Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA24 March 2017
I enjoy working here. It feels like family, we all get along and management is very supportive. I enjoy feeling like part of the family. Everyone is accountable for their work and very helpful.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
cliques
De
Web Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA15 March 2017
I absolutely love it here! I hate that I have to leave when I relocate, but I am hoping that wherever I go I will find the same experience.

This team is supportive, and fun. We all help one another out, and hold one another accountable. My manager is very down to earth and if there is anything that I am not able to handle or something that I need to be trained on, she always sees to it that I have the right tools. She makes the team WANT to work.
Productive and Friendly Enviroment
Graphic Design Internship (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA2 March 2017
Easy going environment with steady paced work. The atmosphere made work feel less stressful and time flew by. They included everyone into their community and events and you felt like a part of them.
Love working for Homes.com
Sales Coordinator for Mortgage Sales Department (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA21 February 2017
I have worked for Homes.com for over 10 years and can't say enough good words to describe my job, environment and management. They are the greatest!!!
I have learned from my managers and have taught my skills to my managers.
The company is the best!!! Dominion Enterprises offers so much for their employees!
Hardest part of the job is traveling on highway 264 from Virginia Beach to Norfolk...that highway can get scary some days.
Pros
Great company with fantastic benefits!
Cons
Driving back and forth to work on Highway 264.
Great atmosphere low pay
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA12 February 2017
I loved working at DE but I wish compensation was better. Training budget helps to ease what the salary fails in. You are able to work from home which is a plus and the company as a whole does alot in the community.
Pros
GREAT work life balance
Cons
low pay
Plant closed
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TN22 January 2017
It was a pretty good place to work. A lot of shift changing. Overall a pretty good place to work. Just sucked they shut us down when there were lots of people that needed the job.
Pros
Three work days.
Cons
Plant closed
Decent pay no benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, MS3 January 2017
I liked the job because it was never a dull moment on my route.They did not pay like they should and we did not get benefits.They lay off when there is no work so that makes this job unstable for a family man
Pros
decent pay just to get by, you get one paid vacation
Cons
no benefits, no paid holidays, salary, long hours without overtime
Great Employer
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WA15 December 2016
Dominion Enterprises dba ForRent is a fantastic company to work for. Great people, additional training available and goof benefits. Would work for them again at anytime.
Great team.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MA21 November 2016
Great for entry-level employee. A place with enough work to help a beginner but not place to work and support a family on without the need for part time employment.
Pros
People are great medium sized company with warm small business vibe
Cons
Pay not competitive
great company to work for
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MS4 November 2016
some of the best people i have ever met, great work environment, pay and benefits are far superior to what i was expecting
Pros
hours, responsibilities, freedom
Cons
you have to be self motivated, but really not a con
Good overall
Regional Sales Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO6 October 2016
Good overall
fair compensation packages
enjoyable work conditions
Excellent community
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA2 October 2016
I have found Dominion Enterprises to be a very welcoming company with obvious appreciation for employees. I am on a productive Agile development team with dedicated and skilled teammates. There are many opportunities to learn and we get a training budget. There have been several themed parties/competitions (tailgate party themed competition between floors, March Madness, May 4th/Star Wars party with various contests, etc.). We recently had a United Way kick-off lunch and participated in the United Way Day of Caring. There are volunteer opportunities posted throughout the year.

The worst thing about the job is parking, and it's not that bad unless the weather is bad. Spaces are limited in the building so DE offers employees parking in a nearby garage or a pass for public transportation.

It does seem like some of the businesses in the DE umbrella are more pleasant environments than others. Trader Online and Commercial Web Services have been good in my experience.
Pros
Welcoming environment, celebrations, community involvement
Boiler Room
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA6 July 2016
Boiler room environment with strong emphasis on consistently reaching a minimum goal. The Average rep consistently falls below goal and there's a high turnover rate. Not a place to make a permanent career. This is a great stepping stone, and they are consistently getting better.
Pros
Great spiffs and bonuses
Cons
High pressure
mixed bag
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Missouri5 July 2016
Good benefits, good products. Inept management, NO training or support. Sales goals are unattainable for newer employees. Read the fine print, they are a transition job at best. The lack of leadership will be their demise
Pros
Benefits, work/life balance
Cons
Lack of leadershipo, management, horrible training.
Being your own boss
Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA16 June 2016
A typical day at work was enjoyable. I learned alot about the marketing and advertising business. For the most management was friendly and professional. The less favorable part of working with Dominion Enterprises is that change is constant which could result in loss of employment.. The most enjoyable part of the job was the location of DE in the heart of downtown Norfolk. Compensation and benefits competitive along with great employee appreciation and perks.
Benefits
Cons
Position elimination

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dominion Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8