Dominion Enterprises

Dominion Enterprises Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Could be a good company, bad management
Product Develpment (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: hard to get fired. if you don't want to work hard and get bad pay, great place. decent home/work life balance
Cons: bad management, no respect for it staff, treat it like mushrooms (in the dark, covered in****)
This is a company that tries very hard. Unfortunately, the people that run the company from the top can't seem to get their front line management to actually listen to them. They set good standards, but middle management does not implement. No enforcement from the top.

Stingy and cheap: They put structures in place for advancement, but the old boys network at Employment Guide, For Rent, and Homes.com mean that you won't get anywhere unless you are out partying with the boys.

If you are a woman, forget it.

Managers are immature, advanced before they are ready, and poorly paid. The directors at the top create great management training programs, but don't enforce them and don't ask for refresher training.

Someone said "hostile environment" - yes, exactly.
Great Workplace
Business Consultant (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 30, 2015
very good workplace and culture....pay could be higher and career growth just doesn't seem to be there....I think if they promoted more within it would give employees a more positive outlook on the company...other then that it's not a bad company to work for
Productive and Fun work environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: paid vactions, free luncheons and banquets
Cons: health care, 401k, retirement program
A typical day at work will be. I will come in and rearrange my desk and cubicle from the previous day. Sign into my computer and check my email and see if i have any meetings for that day, along with any callbacks to clients, executives, or businesses. Get my work order and then sign into automatic dialer system to take calls for conferences. I learned that the job is very detailed and precised, along with being very challenging and overwhelming at times. Management was well trained and very hands on at all times. My co-workers were very friendly and easy to get along with as well as very helpful at times during tender there. the hardest part of the job was the six week training process and probation period. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with all different types of ethnic groups, business, and geographic areas of the world, With different time zones.
Decent Place to Work but Low Salaries and Benefits
Marketing Solutions Account Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk VAJanuary 19, 2015
Neither the wages or the benefits are competitive. It really is difficult getting the company to agree to hire more people so it is often a struggle having to do more work than is realistic. I would have to say that all of my direct managers have been wonderful even if upper management has unrealistic expectations.
A company that cares about their employees
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 13, 2015
A great company to work for that offers allot of diversity and opportunity.
Not an exiting place to work
consumer support specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, vaDecember 30, 2014
Pros: set schedule and weekends off
Cons: micromanagment
Day seemed long and management was rude. There was a lot of micromanagement.
Very unorganized
Account Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Norfolk VaDecember 4, 2014
Pros: work schedule
Cons: walking from parking garage, pay
When I was with this company all positions went through a temp service. I was promised for almost a year of going permanent and than finally left.
Fun Place to work
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee), Bothell, WANovember 12, 2014
Pros: made to feel like a team member as a temporary employee
Cons: not hiring, sometimes slow
But if it gets slow, the contractors are send home without pay.
A lot of work, but rewarding
Account Representative (Current Employee), Southern FloridaNovember 7, 2014
This job is on commission so if there's vehicles to be pictured, you can make money. It is a large company, there are some communication flaws, but problems are resolved in a timely fashion. I most enjoyed being outdoors and always on the move while facing new challenges at each dealership. We do not interact often with other employees.
A fun place to work
Senior Software QA Engineer (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAOctober 29, 2014

A fun place to work but low pay
Very productive work environment.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great incentitives.
Cons: not enough training for my clients.
I had about 100 plus clients that I would sell or upsell advertisement.
I did presentations, trained client on social media. Also participate in tradeshows as needed.
Very fun, hard work, good commission
Ad Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: downtown norfolk
Cons: mininum wage
Calling real estate agents offering online marketing programs
No investment in new employees
Account Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 8, 2014
Benefits are only decent if you have been with the company long term. For someone who has tenure in their field(even if not with the same company), starting here will be a hit to your work/life balance.

You won't even be sent into training until you are with the company for a minimum of 6 months...basically leaving one to figure things out as the go.
Encouraging place to work
Employment Guide (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 8, 2014
Internet and print sales. SEO/SEM. Fast faced. Very fun and open atmosphere to work at with open door policy to discuss matters at hand with management.
Very upbeat and fun place to work
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 14, 2014
Working here has allowed me the opportunity to help our community and build relationships with people I never thought I would. There are plenty opportunity for growth and advancement.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 12, 2014
Pros: lunch, fast computers, and break rooms on every other floor.
Cons: share desk, meetings, and parking.
Enroll publication owners into publication spaces. Call publication owners that have violated to see if they will like to buy a space on the publication rack. I learned how to create charts for meetings. Co-workers are very intelligent. The hardest part of the job was the meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job was filling paperwork.
Diverse lines
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 1, 2014
Pros: excellent managers
Cons: n/a
Knowledgable managers, advancement dependent upon performance.
Advertising sales for Heavy Equipment and Big Truck dealers
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2014
Worked for Heavy Equipment and Commercial Truck Trader selling advertising in print and online media to help dealers move their inventory.
Good working enviroment and nice people
Software Technical Support (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: laid off
Although my time was short I would happily work for them again. Unfortunately due to the restructuring my office and team we're all laid off including my manager.
okay starter job, just get out fast
Product Manager (Former Employee), norfolk vaMarch 13, 2014
Pros: good place to get a year or two of experience right out of college.
Cons: unethical managers, poor raises / advancement
It wouldn't be a bad 1st job, but it is no place for a career. Management's code of ethics is basically "don't get caught".

1 2 3 4