Dominion Enterprises Employee Reviews

Very Competitive
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA3 October 2017
Very Fun place to work , they are always celebrating their workers because everyone works to hard to meet the goal for every month. Sometimes if if your group meets their goal for a week you'll get a paid day off or you get to leave early or possible free lunch. They give our hour lunch breaks . Co-workers are very friendly and willing to help you . Its very competitive because its a sales job.
So far, so good
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL25 September 2017
I took the job because my last one dried up. Dominion allows you to work outside, on your own, and for the most part, be left alone to complete the task. Keep communication open, do your job, and it's a pretty great job.
Moving from Print to Digital
User Experience Architect /Analytics Architect (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA19 September 2017
Dominion Enterprises is having a difficult time moving from a print to a digital mindset. Certain divisions within Dominion are leveraging Business Intelligence, but can be unwilling to incur the costs of BI.
Pros
dress code is relaxed, good work life balance
Cons
Upper management still in print mindset
Fun place to work and a great start of career
Web Developer and Quality Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA29 August 2017
It is a great place to start one's career as my learning curve was great during my internship. The management is slow in decision making and hiring process. Other than that, everything else is great.
I owned the company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MA16 August 2017
Of course I rated it high. I own it. This is a mandatory field that needs to show 150 characters minimum. It was my own company that had former colleagues and clients. Direct placement was the majority.
Good Place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA15 August 2017
Competitive place to work and high paced. They provide good benefits. They spend time training their employees . Give Sales representatives opportunities to make bonuses.
Pros
Rewards and Bonuses
Cons
Short lunch breaks and high turnover
Interesting
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA10 August 2017
Handled inbound and outbound calls regarding fraud, also evaluate ad placements. Receiving incoming complaint calls. Great group of representative and some managers.
Benefits
Awesome building
Senior Internet Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA4 August 2017
I was there when they first moved to downtown Norfolk and it truly is the building you want to be in. The location is 1 block from the mall and everything you need is there.
Pros
Great buiding
Cons
Management is insecure and micromanages because they are told that from the top. Turnover is HIGH.
Different type of work enviroment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC2 August 2017
The major key for anything to be successful is communication and that is one thing this job really lacked. It was almost impossible for me to get work done or learn anything when your told one thing and told to do a different way 3 different times for the same thing.
Pros
different scenery, try different cars
Cons
weather
Difficult place to work
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA28 July 2017
I was there during the economic crash of 2008. I ran the only department that showed a 10% increase in sales while all other departments were loosing year over year. The requirement was still an increase of 30% which was just unrealistic given the economy at that time.
Pros
clean facility
Cons
unrealistic expectations (during the recession)
Comfortable yet?
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  California26 July 2017
Your customers are the best, the products are good. Constantly changing territory lines, pay plans, and procedures do not always benefit the sales producers here. Don't get too comfortable. It's about to change.
Relaxed
Route Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR11 July 2017
Not a bad job at all. You work alone, get a company car and the stress level is low. The only downside would have to be the weather. You WILL be out in it rain snow or shine.
Dealer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA9 July 2017
Team based, great atmosphere, diverse environment, friendly coworkers , professional, nice location downtown, seniority parking, not too shabby of a place if you plan to make marketing your career path
Avoid at all costs!
Software Development Engineer in Test (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA25 June 2017
Management is unqualified and unable to do their jobs. The company does not believe in investing in their employees. The pay is below industry standards. The benefits are below average.
HR Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA15 June 2017
DE is has an amazing job culture and vibe with company outings, competitions, and much more. Most divisions within the company offer a lot of advancement and competitive compensation.
Summer Intern
Summer Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA10 June 2017
Their summer internship program is unpaid and offers very little room to gain knowledge that would be pertinent to finding the next job. Management of team was pretty loose.
Great place to work. Management and co workers are professional and fun to work with.
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA8 June 2017
I was hoping to get hired full time, however Dominion was going through some changes and started down sizing the company a couple of months after I started. My manager and co workers were great!
Lots of travel
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA6 June 2017
Was a great company to work for and made lots of money. They went through some changes and split the company and work decreased along with the money. A lot of travel.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA1 June 2017
I was only a intern but it wasn't the best or nothing special. The day I worked went by slow and it was typically boring. The people working were fun to be around it was just the environment.
Pros
hour long lunch break
Cons
staying in cubical
Amazing environment, great management, great home/work balance, opportunity to grown
Account Executive and mentor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA29 May 2017
One of the best jobs I have ever had. Amazing people and management. Always opportunities to grow and advance. No limit on income. Fantastic environment
Pros
Daily spiffs, casual work environment, a company that cares and backs you
Cons
Some times a little too much micro management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dominion Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8