Dominion Enterprises Employee Reviews

Love working for Homes.com
Sales Coordinator for Mortgage Sales Department (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA21 February 2017
I have worked for Homes.com for over 10 years and can't say enough good words to describe my job, environment and management. They are the greatest!!!
I have learned from my managers and have taught my skills to my managers.
The company is the best!!! Dominion Enterprises offers so much for their employees!
Hardest part of the job is traveling on highway 264 from Virginia Beach to Norfolk...that highway can get scary some days.
Pros
Great company with fantastic benefits!
Cons
Driving back and forth to work on Highway 264.
Decent pay no benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, MS3 January 2017
I liked the job because it was never a dull moment on my route.They did not pay like they should and we did not get benefits.They lay off when there is no work so that makes this job unstable for a family man
Pros
decent pay just to get by, you get one paid vacation
Cons
no benefits, no paid holidays, salary, long hours without overtime
Great Employer
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WA15 December 2016
Dominion Enterprises dba ForRent is a fantastic company to work for. Great people, additional training available and goof benefits. Would work for them again at anytime.
great company to work for
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MS4 November 2016
some of the best people i have ever met, great work environment, pay and benefits are far superior to what i was expecting
Pros
hours, responsibilities, freedom
Cons
you have to be self motivated, but really not a con
Being your own boss
Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA16 June 2016
A typical day at work was enjoyable. I learned alot about the marketing and advertising business. For the most management was friendly and professional. The less favorable part of working with Dominion Enterprises is that change is constant which could result in loss of employment.. The most enjoyable part of the job was the location of DE in the heart of downtown Norfolk. Compensation and benefits competitive along with great employee appreciation and perks.
Benefits
Cons
Position elimination
Good overall
Regional Sales Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO6 October 2016
Good overall
fair compensation packages
enjoyable work conditions
mixed bag
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Missouri5 July 2016
Good benefits, good products. Inept management, NO training or support. Sales goals are unattainable for newer employees. Read the fine print, they are a transition job at best. The lack of leadership will be their demise
Pros
Benefits, work/life balance
Cons
Lack of leadershipo, management, horrible training.
Exciting Online Advertising Solutions
Internet Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA24 March 2016
Measurable results for online advertisers. Daily effort and initiative toward acquiring new business opportunities for marine dealers including web site platforms; SEO; banner and classified advertising campaigns. The office environment was exciting and energetic, while focused on development and success exceeding sales goals. Management was anxious to assist and serve the team environment with group and one-on-one meetings and training. Coordinating sales presentations with the understanding that every "No" answer gets you closer to your next "Yes" was sometimes troubling. Yet with such a quality product and support, the "Yes" answer was that much more desirable.
Pros
Tremendous benefits package and an exciting work environment
Cons
Charge backs were poorly handled by management
20 hour days
Sr. Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA25 January 2016
20 hour days are the norm when working within the ForRent company. There is absolutely NO compensation, not even a thank you for all the overtime worked, but you are expected at your desk for your 8 hour shift.
Managers and Supervisors have their favorites that are able to call their own hours and are left alone accordingly. Manager offer no direction for the employees, only ridicule.
The "open door" policy that HR recommends is only the fast track to get an employee fired.
This company does not recognize their employees hard work and going above and beyond.
The only time you see the CEO is when he wants the employee to donate to United Way.
Pros
Casual attire, paid parking
Cons
Poor managment, non-existent CEO, long work hours, no appreciation
De
Web Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA15 March 2017
I absolutely love it here! I hate that I have to leave when I relocate, but I am hoping that wherever I go I will find the same experience.

This team is supportive, and fun. We all help one another out, and hold one another accountable. My manager is very down to earth and if there is anything that I am not able to handle or something that I need to be trained on, she always sees to it that I have the right tools. She makes the team WANT to work.
Excellent community
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA2 October 2016
I have found Dominion Enterprises to be a very welcoming company with obvious appreciation for employees. I am on a productive Agile development team with dedicated and skilled teammates. There are many opportunities to learn and we get a training budget. There have been several themed parties/competitions (tailgate party themed competition between floors, March Madness, May 4th/Star Wars party with various contests, etc.). We recently had a United Way kick-off lunch and participated in the United Way Day of Caring. There are volunteer opportunities posted throughout the year.

The worst thing about the job is parking, and it's not that bad unless the weather is bad. Spaces are limited in the building so DE offers employees parking in a nearby garage or a pass for public transportation.

It does seem like some of the businesses in the DE umbrella are more pleasant environments than others. Trader Online and Commercial Web Services have been good in my experience.
Pros
Welcoming environment, celebrations, community involvement
Great team.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MA21 November 2016
Great for entry-level employee. A place with enough work to help a beginner but not place to work and support a family on without the need for part time employment.
Pros
People are great medium sized company with warm small business vibe
Cons
Pay not competitive
Good money to be made if you work hard
Marketing Leads Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA29 March 2016
Majority of pay is commission based, so is not for everyone. Benefits are sub-par. Money can go either way (good or bad). Timeshare industry is very corrupt.
Pros
Money to be made.
Cons
None to be made if you're not motivated.
Overall a decent place to work, and I'd recommend to a friend.
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA2 November 2015
A lot of great people and a fun environment to work in if you consistently make your monthly sales goals. Great paid leave and benefits package. They offer numerous perks with a decent ability to move to other departments and/or advance.

While I was employed, there was a lot of turnaround, and at the same time, too many people who should have left or fired were allowed to stay longer than they should have been able to. At times, the sales goals were not reasonable with the products and territory we were given.

Management, listen to your sales staff more since they are the ones in the trenches and have a better understanding of what is going on with the team and with clients/products.
Pros
A lot of great people, a fun environment to work in if you consistently make your monthly sales goals, Great paid leave and benefits package, They offer numerous perks with a decent ability to move to other departments and/or advance.
Cons
There was a lot of turnaround, Many people who should have left or fired were allowed to stay longer, The sales goals were often not reasonable given the products/territory.
Productive and Friendly Enviroment
Graphic Design Internship (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA2 March 2017
Easy going environment with steady paced work. The atmosphere made work feel less stressful and time flew by. They included everyone into their community and events and you felt like a part of them.
Plant closed
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TN22 January 2017
It was a pretty good place to work. A lot of shift changing. Overall a pretty good place to work. Just sucked they shut us down when there were lots of people that needed the job.
Pros
Three work days.
Cons
Plant closed
Productive and Fun work environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA29 January 2015
A typical day at work will be. I will come in and rearrange my desk and cubicle from the previous day. Sign into my computer and check my email and see if i have any meetings for that day, along with any callbacks to clients, executives, or businesses. Get my work order and then sign into automatic dialer system to take calls for conferences. I learned that the job is very detailed and precised, along with being very challenging and overwhelming at times. Management was well trained and very hands on at all times. My co-workers were very friendly and easy to get along with as well as very helpful at times during tender there. the hardest part of the job was the six week training process and probation period. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with all different types of ethnic groups, business, and geographic areas of the world, With different time zones.
Pros
paid vactions, free luncheons and banquets
Cons
health care, 401k, retirement program
Good Company
Project/Audit Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA25 May 2016
Good Company - Good work life balance

I've been here many years and seen many changes over time.
It is a good place for people to begin a career in the technology industry.
Boiler Room
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA6 July 2016
Boiler room environment with strong emphasis on consistently reaching a minimum goal. The Average rep consistently falls below goal and there's a high turnover rate. Not a place to make a permanent career. This is a great stepping stone, and they are consistently getting better.
Pros
Great spiffs and bonuses
Cons
High pressure
Never a dull moment on any given day.
Employment Guide Chicago (Former Employee) –  Lombard, IL16 July 2013
Working for Dominion Enterprises was a very fulfilling job. Each day brought new and challenging experiences both with clients and employees. Because we were a job recruitment advertising enterprise I was honoured to work with many local and national companies. One of the most enjoyable aspects was holding up to 10 job fairs throughout each year in Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Indianapolis and Chicago areas. One of the most diverse and creative group of employees I have ever worked with who kept me on my toes.
Pros
wonderful benefits and advancement opportunities

2.8