Dollarama

Dollarama Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor management
Cashier (Former Employee), Simcoe, ONJanuary 3, 2014
Don't like worrying if I'm going to have a job the next day. Bullied at work none stop/
fun place to work, pretty easy work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 30, 2013
Pros: fun people
Cons: not enough hours
When your performance is good you got more hours, 40 hours at least if your fulltime. I learned some paper works, receiving deliveries, answer the phone, dealing with the customer. The hardest part of the job when I encounter rude and bully customer. The most enjoyable part is when the customer smile and give you a nice comment about your service.
Great place to start out
Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 20, 2013
Pros: easy
Cons: not many hours
Managers left the store in the hands of the employees. Not a lot of hours, short shifts. It's not a bad experience though, and one of the easiest jobs I've worked.
Fun, excitement, and Learning while your working.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 18, 2013
If your performance is good you got more hours, 40 hours at least if your fulltime. I learned some paper works, receiving deliveries, answer the phone, dealing with the customer. The hardest part of the job when I encounter rude and bully customer. The most enjoyable part is when the customer smile and give you a nice comment about your service.
fun place to work, pretty easy work.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), BramptonDecember 16, 2013
Pros: fun people
Cons: no money to be made
I was the shipper and receiver. Organized the back room. pretty laid back job. It was a work at your own pace kinda job
Good Team.
Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), Port Hope, OntarioDecember 11, 2013
The work place was amazing. We had a great team for Dollarama. The hours were amazing in the beginning when we first opened. Then we got a new DM and a new manager. After that, is when everything went down hill. Our hours got cut back 3 times therefore we would work 5-15 hours a week. Depending if the manager liked you.
The best part about the job was – more... the customers. – less
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 7, 2013
stocked shelves of inventory, cleaned the store, cashier duties
A Horrible Job
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 4, 2013
A typical day consisted of cashing out merchandise and front-facing items on shelves. The hours and salary were horrible. As for benefits, they were non-existent.
Fast paced and easy to pick up and make routine.
Cashier / Stockperson (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 3, 2013
Pros: routine, know what to expect.
Cons: hours are always going up and down, nothing to budget by.
After signing in you'd either be on cash or stocking.
Don't expect and full time position or hours unless management.
Very repetitive, light cleaning duties, shift work.
If you have decent co-workers can be a fun and enjoyable place to spend your work hours.
Fun and rewarding job!
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Regina, SKDecember 2, 2013
Pros: fun employees and friendly customers.
Cons: limited hours
Starting a day at work being a Cashier/Merchandiser would normally start with Merchandising; finding a aisle that needs to be merchandised and begin working. You would unload the product, price it and put it on the correct shelf. If the other cashier on till got busy, or it was time for them to leave, you would need to go on till. Jobs on till include – more... working with cash and assisting people find items and the prices of them. Other jobs of a cashier would be to stock the candy shelves and work around the till. Along with cleaning the till area and counters. – less
stocking shelves
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 2, 2013
stocking shelves and helping people find items . cleaning and mopping floors .
Underpaid, Overworked
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 29, 2013
Pros: family atmosphere/environment
Cons: you are expendable, lack of hours, heavy lifting, low pay
The people that work for Dollarama are awesome at heart, but the workload, lack of hours, and lack of proper training leaves this company at a lack for customer service and direction.
Interactive with people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: interactive with people
Cons: long hours of standing
I almost always started with the coordination of the inventory, then I stacked shelves and helped in the display of merchandise and removed and changed priced tags on a regular basis.

Operated cash register, processed money and debit card payments and calculated inventory, stacked shelves and helped in the display of merchandise.

Also handled customer – more... complains, concers and inquires with sensitive and professionalism. – less
Great work environment
Shift Supervisor/Management (Current Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 28, 2013
Working at Dollarama has been a very positive experience. In the 3 years that I have been there, I have truly learned what it means to be part of a team.

The management is fantastic. They are very flexible when it comes to the schedule, and when you need time off. I find the staff are easy to get along with as well.

Everyday at Dollarama is a new – more... experience. Whether you're dealing with your co-workers, or the customers, it's always a new adventure. You never know what you're walking into.

Personally I find the most enjoyable part of working at Dollarama is putting out stock. After having spent the day replenishing the stock, I can leave for the day with a sense of accomplishment, and knowing I've done a good job.

The hardest part about working at Dolllarama is trying to stay motivated when all the tasks for the day are completed. Every job says there's always something to do, but sometimes that's not the case.

All in all, I would give Dollarama a 4/5 star rating. It's an excellent place to work. – less
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Wasaga Beach, ONNovember 27, 2013
Pros: customers
helping customers and checking them out at cashier, working with a bunch of nice people. Liked working there.
Overall Review
Cashier (Former Employee), Alliston, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: organized work environment
Cons: limited hours
The most enjoyable part of the job was stock. Over the year and a half I learned all the product and enjoyed helping customers with my knowledge of the product.
Typical day would continue with stock in my designated aisle. Second back up on cash #2, and well as help customers and the night closing duties.
The staff was friendly and we all knew our products – more... very well.
Management was great at organizing everyone's specific jobs.
I learned great communication skills with customers, as well as between coworkers. – less
productive, and professional workplace.
Cashier (Current Employee), thunder bay, ONNovember 18, 2013
Pros: management, and long hours
Cons: not enough staff
The dollarama staff and management are very professional, and easy to get along with. I enjoy it because I am not doing the same thing each day. For example, one day I stock shelves, the next day I am a cashier. I enjoy working with people, and also by myself.
Dollerama
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 15, 2013
great co workers. made work go by fast and made it fun
management was okay
Fun place, learned alot
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Richmond HillNovember 15, 2013
Served lots of happy & happy customers.I learned alot of patience.
Business as usual, not much fun
Store Manager (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 14, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, job security, acceptable pressure, training for sm & asm
Cons: below average pay and weak bonus program
Overall, it was a good place to work. Need to understand clientele and employee's need in order to communicate efficiently and effectively. Halloween and Christmas can be hectic due to lack of storage area. There are not much customer complain.

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more

Dollarama Photos