Dollarama Employee Reviews

Fun, Energetic crowd
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 November 2016
Dollarama was one of my first jobs, I started when I was 16/17. I was able to learn great customer service skills, and I was able to move up to key holder as well.
What I learned from Dollarama.
Stocker, Cashier and Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON1 June 2016
I learned how to be a good public speaker in dollarama, and it also helped me to be a good team player. The people that i work with in my store helped me to be more extroverted and to try and engage people.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Doesn't give enough hours sometimes
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
i learned how to communicate with customers as a cashier and how to deal with their complaints and purchases including receiving cash, return change, scan the product and etc.
Dollarama
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON8 June 2016
I've worked as a cashier and I also stocked merchandise and provided excellent costumer service, me and the co-workers worked good together, I liked how my job kept me busy and also organized. I had to leave because I didn't have enough hours.
Pros
Keeping myself busy and organzied
Cons
Less hours
Good Job for keeping busy
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC20 October 2016
Love the work and the hours. But it lacks work life balance and room to grow career wise. Have been a retail manager for years and the pay does not recognize this.
Loving work environment, felt like home
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS8 August 2016
I loved working at Dollarama, it was probably the best first job id tell anyone to get. Got along well with the coworkers and manager, they made me work hard and made me work for what I want.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2016
• Resolve customer complaints, guide and provide them relevant information
• Makes sales referral, cross-sell products and introduction new ones
• Handling cash and greeting Customers
Great job until the new manager came in
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, ON4 April 2016
I worked for Kingsville Dollarama since they opened. The job was enjoyable and the staff was great. I loved my job until the new manager came on. Job became stressful, unorganized and poorly run! I had to quit because I didn't feel like getting yelled at during work everyday anymore. Unfortunately there was no help from the district manager either. Great place to work if they get new management in there!
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Poorly managed
I enjoyed working with the people at Dollarama. It was a nice friendly place to work. Management was wonderful.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corunna, ON4 April 2016
The hardest part of the job was lifting some of the boxes or cases there was always team work and support from the rest of the co-workers
I did learn more about year end inventory. It was interesting and fun. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers. The regular customers are great. Meeting new people was always a joy.
Pros
A very supportive staff
Cons
I dont think there are any Cons with the company
not what i expected
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 August 2016
worked during busy christmas holidays and didnt get accepted to work there afterwards . i worked hard and the co workers were very rude and unkind. its not what i look for in a work environment
Work is tiresome but teamwork works makes it bearable.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2016
The company is fast growing and has a lot to offer the customers with new products being introduced daily. With the cheapest price there is in the market, no wonder our company is the best! The hardest part of the job is facing thieves; which are so many.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
so much do to with less hour to work
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC30 July 2016
I enjoyed working at dollarama, staff were amazing flexible hours, understanding, fast pace always had something to do was never standing around.
Pros
Love the staff, understanding, flexible hours.
Good for a first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 June 2016
This job gives a basis on what are the daily tasks in customer service. You learn how to be a cashier, a clerk, how to place products, and constantly learn a different routine for the same tasks, as managers and staff often change.
Fun and busy
Cashier, Customer Service, Keyholder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC1 April 2016
past co workers have been really fun to work with and i made so many friends! best job i had so far! I learned great team work and pretty much loved it there. just need more into security system though only tough part to work in there is not feeling secured because of thieves or people who might bring in anything that could hurt people and will have no way of knowing who it'll be because there are no camera system
excellent co-workers
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2016
It was a very productive and easy going job, was surrounded by lots of friendly co-workers and customers. Great environment to work in. I learned lots about being a cashier/merchandiser, and working in a fast paced work area. it was tough to keep up with merchandise at times because we had so many skids coming in at once, but wasn't to hard to catch up on.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Poor Management
boring
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 August 2016
counting money on the tills
learning new strategy how to make work job well done
co wokers are nice and giving respect
hardest part of job is closing the store
enjoyable new product to see
Pros
good breaktime
Entertaining
Key Holder & Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2016
This business is very fast paced, and the management is friendly. On a typical day the management and co-workers work alongside to ensure customer service and display merchandise for customer's buying habits.
The most busy store I have worked.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonge, ON5 October 2016
It is always busy but the schedule is not appropriate to me. The hardest part is you don't have enough time to clear every aisle.
My first long term job
customer service (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON29 June 2016
Great store to start my work history. I picked up many skills while working in Dollarama such as, helping customers find their products, sanitary maintenance, opening stores and learning to work with new people.
Customers made the job difficult
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 May 2016
Often, customers would come in and make big messes with no regard to the employees who would have to clean it up afterwards. It made working there quite annoying.
Pros
Staff was nice
Cons
Careless customers often made working there difficult

2.8