Dollarama Employee Reviews

Found 1,291 reviews matching the search
Did not like working there . too many racist people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK5 June 2017
Well when i didnt get the shifts with the racist workers it was alright,i had a great time working the till and serving customers. I enjoyed stocking shelves.
Pros
Weekends u opened store at 12
Cons
Had to work weekends
lots of hours, poor pay, poorly managed
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 June 2017
i had long hours and a learning curve on how things are done. there was a lot of stock that had no place to put it if everything was on the shelf. poorly managed
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
poor pay
Lack of proper management and security
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 June 2017
Management is very poor, nothing remains confidential, hours are not secure as one week you make have 30 and the following week you may have 10. There is a lack of employees therefore there is no space for replacements. Supervisor does not care for workers, simply transfers of fires employees when a problem arrises.
cashier
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2017
I really enjoy the job even though im new, I like my workmates we all enjoy the work, the only problem its in management ,Supposed to be more serious but i dont see nothing since i stard work ther.
great job
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON31 May 2017
Great job to work at need more hours to do everything that they are asking of. Otherwise very nice to work at. I loved working here nice staff and great customer service.
Good store
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB30 May 2017
very face paced place indeed, there was always something to do and to always keep busy throughout the work day. Freight was manageable and sometimes easy to get all the freight out onto the floor for merchandising.
Pros
the staff was great
Cons
the manager was no the nicest person, which made coming to work not so much fun.
Dollarama
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB30 May 2017
I wanna work at Dollarama cause im a team player I can work night shift if u have night shift. I can be a fun person I can have lots of fun with others I wanna make new friends.
Pros
Locker
Good for a starter job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON30 May 2017
I worked for Dollarama for a year and it was a great place to work while I was in school. However, since the company is only so big and only hires so many employees the hours are nowhere's near full-time and you would be better applying somewhere else if that is the type of work you are looking for.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Only suitable for students looking for part-time work.
easy going workplace
Seasonal help (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON29 May 2017
typically stocked shelves and worked cash when cash was getting backed up. I learned the way they stocked their shelves. management was fine schedule and paystubs always posted on time. there was nothing really hard about this job. most enjoyable part of job was customers, staff and always being busy,
Pros
easy going atmosphere
Dollarama
Cashier/Stock Management (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 May 2017
Worked as a cashier and helped guests check out. Stocked shelves and made sure all of the shelves stayed fully stocked and organized. The management helped with making sure hours were fair.
Easy experience but very detail oriented work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Almonte, ON26 May 2017
I think it's a great first job as cash is easy to work and daily tasks teach great time management. Staff was great to work with. Very fast pace when the store gets busy and customers ar lining up at cash.
Pros
Cash is easy to work
Cons
Breaks and meals are very short, management was is very keen on detail and too picky.
Fun Working environment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 May 2017
A typical day at Dollarama consitsed of stalking shelves, assisting customers, occasionally working the cash register and clean up by the end of the day. I learned a lot about customer service and organization. The people at Dollarama were especially fantastic and we became one big family in just a couple of days. The hardest part of the job would had to have been some of the difficult customers that would walk in through the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people and helping others.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Difficult customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC24 May 2017
I learned about managing, inventory and many other things. Hardest part of the job was when people were constantly calling in and management was always changing.
Pros
Tons of options for lunch since it is located in the mall
Cons
Long hours, management always changing, people not showing up
Great store
Employed Full Time (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 May 2017
I enjoyed working here, it was a great way to socialize and the work was easy and fun. I had a great boss but there was very strict rules when it came to vacation and sick time, so you could not really do anything in the summer or go anywhere because it would be an issue. And sometimes there would be no shifts so the pay was unstable. But I did work there for over 4 years and enjoyed it.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Not enough time off in one year.
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 May 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and making new friends, learning how to stock shelfs and new things coming in store.
the hardest part of the job was figuring out where somethings are to tell the customers.
Pros
nice people
Environnement de travail Agréable
Commis au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Granby, QC23 May 2017
Mon premier stage à été mon premier stage d'école, j'y ai appris la caisse , les codes ,et beaucoup d'autres choses!
productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK22 May 2017
I enjoyed working at Dollarma. They had great staff and it was easily an environment i could fit into. The hours were good and they fit with my busy schedule as a single mother.
fun place to work and shop
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON21 May 2017
work for me is busy. I am responsible for the for and candy isles so you can probably tell not much time for other things.we do go through lots of food and candy so I am busy filling and putting out new stock every day and making sure to rotate . Management is good and is always there to answer any questions I may have or to lend me a hand.hardest part of job isnever enough time to get everything done.. Most enjoyable part of the day is getting to talk to all our regular customers and meeting new ones.
Pros
laughing with co workers
Cons
not enough time
productive workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 May 2017
The day to day work was not to heavy, everyone worked really well together. Easy work days, most of the time the manager was understanding with schedule changes.c
Cons
manager at the time was not the best
It's good to start at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
The company is good. Everyone is nice. They are very flexible. The hours are kind of hard to come by, but if you are in school this is ideal. Depending on where you are management can be good or not.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollarama. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8