Dollarama Employee Reviews

Found 1,203 reviews matching the search
my first job
Key-Holder/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 April 2017
I started out as a Cashier than got promoted to Key-holder. So I did learn a lot from how to stock shelves to inventory and manage my co-workers. With learning how to manage my co-workers gave me more of a role by managing money and opening/closing the store by myself.
Efficient
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 April 2017
Dollarama is a fast paced environment. It keeps you on your feet all day. You are constantly moving, which I loved. The training system dollarama has is very thorough. Overall a good place to work, great management.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Hard to get reliable staff
fast paced and friendly enviroment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC18 April 2017
a typical day at work in dollarama would consist of restocking shelves every day and breaking down skids of product. i had learned alot about cash handling and opening and closing duties as a part of the management team. The hardest part of the job is just simply keeping up with the freight that came in daily and having to get it out as fast as possible with minimum amount of hours and staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees that work there and they just treat eachother like family.
Pros
great family company
Cons
unsatisfying management
A Good Job to put you through school, Not enough room growth past Store Manager (depending on the district)
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
Overall, working with this company was enjoyable for the most part. The associates were always fun and a pleasure to work with. The managers: on one hand they were amazing and always tried there best, but the pressure of the upper management took a toll on the managers I worked with. The Standards were unreachable which often left mangers emotionally drained and no Work/Life Balance at all for management.
Pros
fun and enjoyable as an associate
Cons
Mangagers work hard with not enough perks (e.i Higher wages)
mass confusion
keyholder/manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 April 2017
Managers and employees are not trained properly. Sometimes unsafe working environment as there is many safety infractions. Schelduling is never right but that is due to lack of training managers are provided. Managers have a tendency to pick their friends or family over employees that work harder.
Pros
some of the people you work with
Cons
long hours, no organization
Fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, AB17 April 2017
I enjoyed this job. was promoted very quickly. It could be hectic but was a fun place to work. I enjoyed the staff and the customers made the job very interesting at times.
Fast paced work environment but super fun atmosphere and people
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 April 2017
Working at Dollarama has taught me to work under pressure, it is a great place to work, get to meet so many new people. Management was very professional and kind. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with, everyone was so different but so kind and always willing to help.
Good for people who are just starting out!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 April 2017
I really did like this job, I enjoyed it so much that I stayed for 3 years. The other employees were very kind and welcoming, and the job itself wasn't too difficult. But I decided to quit after realizing that I was getting too comfortable. I planned to keep this job just until I was done highschool, but I ended up staying longer. I like Dollarama, but I don't want it to be my job for life. Though overall it was a great job place where I learned to be more outspoken (I was very shy at first) as well as more communitative with others. Which is a very good skill to obtain.
Pros
Seasonal gifts
Cons
Difficult customers at times
Productive Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON14 April 2017
Super easy job, love working with all the other workers. Customers are sometimes a pain but they are still tolerable. Very understanding staff except for some others.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 April 2017
The few months that I have worked at this store, I have enjoyed interacting with the public.
I got along with the staff and enjoyed working with them.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Retail environment
Part Time (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON14 April 2017
A small yet convenient Dollarama outlet with receptive employees and managers. The pricing is very reasonable and customer service is assistive when searching for a specific product.
Pros
Great pricing
Cons
Changing layout
Fun but confuscing place to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kemptville, ON14 April 2017
Long hours standing at cash, not much training. Fun people to work with easy to get the hang of. Work schedule wasn't put up too far in advance. Fun place to work overall.
Environnement de travail étouffant
Commis en entrepôt (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 April 2017
Il fait très chaud au sein de l'entrepôt. Absence de rigueur au niveau des mesures de sécurité
Pros
aucun
Cons
assurance maladie
Fun
Merchandising Stock (Former Employee) –  Godrich13 April 2017
Was able to put what i know from the years of experience in retail and show new people tricks . able help the new employees they wanted to get the basics
productive and good environment to work.
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 April 2017
Dollarama is one of the leading chain stores in Canada. It is also one of the busiest stores. I worked there as a key holder/supervisor and ran the whole store and mostly did closing shifts, where i had to handle all customer complaints, inquiries, employees and cash handling and closing the store,

It usually got busy at Christmas time where i had long shifts from 12am- 11pm.

The most enjoyable part of the job was handling different customers and learning new things.

It was a good experience and I learned a lot.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
favoritism from the management and wouldn't let you grow within the company
Bien
Assistante gérante (Current Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC12 April 2017
Offre un beau tremplin d'apprentissage aux débutant!Un emploi exigeant et physique,les avantages sont multiples.
Pros
Bonus trimestriel
Cons
Manque d'heure pour les magasin(prêt aux affaires)
Nice management, long hours and straightforward job
Commis (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 April 2017
Management is nice and flexible. However, at the time of hiring, I said that wanted 25 hours max (I was studying at the same time) and I ended up with 33 hours in average for the 2 first months. The jobs isn't too hard either you work at the cash register or you are placing merchandise on the shelves.
Fun and bussy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary,Alberta,Canada10 April 2017
It is a good job ,wall the time is busy because it have a good price .
I learn so much ,was a great experience.
Is a easy work but it need responsability and good communication skill.
Pros
Organized with lunch schedules
Cons
Few cash machines
great upbeat fast pace work place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS8 April 2017
You like being busy and always doing something. This is the job for you. Never a chance to get bored. Always something to do. Great people and management.
Great place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2017
The co-workers are such a pleasure to work with, the manager knows what she is doing. Excellent way to make money especially if you are attending a school or university especially because the shifts are short and flexible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollarama. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8