Dollarama

• Salary/Benefits
Dollarama
Cashier (Former Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: not enough hours
Depending on what hours I got for the day would determine if I had a cashier shift or floor shift. If I had a cashier shift I would go to the cash area and wait for the manager or supervisor to sign me on to my till. I would count my till down, then once done I would start serving customers. I had little task to do to, like filling gum and chocolate bars and keeping the cash area clean. If I had a floor shift I would either be blocking and facing (tidying the aisles) or helping unload freight and putting the new stock on the shelves. I learned very good retail skills from this job.
Fun workplace and good environment.
Customer service, Cashier, Item Stocker, Cleaner (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 22, 2015
I learned how to work with money, I learned how to work well with my coworkers and I learned great customer service skills. Our management team is always on top of things and they're always in a good mood. The most enjoyable part of my shift is making customers happy. Normally at Dollarama, we clean up the store during the day; like put away merchandises, we count our stock, and we front face. We have someone working the tills at all times and we have back ups in case lines get long.
great expeerience but tiring
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 20, 2015
minimal wages for sure for that kind of causal work
it was a little bit tiring but so much fun
the staff was so friendly and so nice and also the manager
Enjoyable staff
Cashier / Floor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Dollarama is a pleasant environment filled with friendly employees. You will always find those outgoing associates who make the position fun. The hardest part about the job is doing the returns. If you don't know where something belongs back on the shelves then you're going aisle to aisle searching; other than that the position is fairly simple. Most enjoyable part is communicating with everyone around you. Management is always pleasant.
Learned many different methods and creative ideas to create what I need from simple units
Cashier/ Store associate (part time job) (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: making friend at work and receiving thank you cards for the great customer service
I help about at least 100 customers a day to process their purchases. I learned how to keep calm for no matter what the issue is and try my best ability to provide excellent customer service. Also, I used to be the food safety inspector such as checking the expire date and suggest how and where the food should be stored. The co-workers were almost in my age and we used to go for dinner at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part is greeting the customers and being very friendly with them. As a result of that I became very famous and received many thank you cards for the great customer service.
Great place with excellent staff
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: fun, friendly staff
Cons: not enough hours
I am enjoying my time with Dollarama, my fellow employees are a great group of people who make working there fun. An added bonus is being able to see new product as it comes in, love shopping there as much as I do working for the company.
great place to work
Keyholder (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSFebruary 13, 2015
great place to learn customer service advancement is there if you want it ample training labor intensive but you work at your own pace stocking your department
sales clerk
Part-time Cashier /Team Member (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: kept busy
Cons: part-time hours
partime ... it was nice.kept busy when not on cash on floor. most productive was seeing the customers smiling face on their way ou the door
A typical day at work
Commis d'entrepôt (Former Employee), Jean Talon,MontrealFebruary 10, 2015
Every day we work on high pressure because I always get a lot personas.Siempre offer the best services to customers such as helping them get the right products
Good entry level job for first time employment
CASHIER (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
A typical day at work would be attending the cash area and serving customers. Occasionally stocking shelves.
It was my first job so I learned customer server skills and how to work a cash register. Also learned how retail businesses operate.
Management was again not the best. The managers got replaced multiple times over the course of time I worked for them. The key holder or managers assistant was more like the manager.
My co-workers were nice and hard working.
Hardest part of the job was getting used to working because it was my first job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was I was doing something to earn money and it was a learning curve. Also learning new skills and expanding the ones I had.
Great community centered business that pays fair wages
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 7, 2015
The worse thing about this job is thankfully not management nor the job itself, but the customers you have to deal with.

The staff are friendly, the management does it's absolute best to train you with opportunities for training and growth within the company. Plus staff discounts and member benefits!
Wasn't the job for me
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2015
At first it was a nice place to work. I found it very difficult to work with people who don't want to work and are not willing to help out customers. Management was very unprofessional and didnt treat employees properly.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no discounts
Attending customers needs, Processing the cash register, and cleaning store when closed
Fun and great environment
I learned how to deal with customers and how to make them really happy.
Hardest part of the job was carrying all the stock to the store floor, I enjoyed it but the work was tough.
I enjoyed working on cash and talking to different customers.
Short-term and Productive with a friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Seaway MallFebruary 3, 2015
This job had been short term but full of experience. I learned how to use a till, it had bettered my counting skills and showed me what i real job was like, it being my very first actual job. I would be put on the cash as soon as i walked in, when free i would go restock or maintain a clean work area. Co-workers were friendly which made it easy, but i was only there for seasonal work and obtained knowledge about face paced, busy and productive work.
Good starting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, friendly staff
Cons: minimum wage, upper management issues
Staff was fun to be around, very flexible hours, was mainly a cashier but they give you experience in merchandising and warehouse work as well. Upper management however is very disorganized, caters to friends of the company over qualified individuals. Overall its a great job to start out on.
Good starting job
Keyholder & Store Associate (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: helps for future jobs
Cons: week by week scedualing
The people, The work, The life lessons. all were great! this is a kind of job everyone should have. and stuff with things and all that fun stuff
Good team effort
Assistant Manager Sales (Current Employee), Greater Napanee, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: compensation for expectations
Always busy productive days
Team work is very important
Good support from upper management
Hardest part is staying on top of incoming freight with hours given
Enjoy working along side of associates.
work place
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2015
this job is an alright job they make sure ti show you that they look forward ti seeing yiu on days of work and make sure to keep you happy at all times they are fun and out going nananananannaaa nanananana nanannana nanananana
Alright job, people were friendly, store was unorganized and schedule was mixed and matched
Warehouse associate (Former Employee), Westmount Edmonton, ABJanuary 24, 2015
Not very interesting type of work. The location i was working at paid its employees less than what other locations were paying their employees, and the amount of overstock was surreal.
Good as a first job, not so good salary and no benefits.
Cashier (Current Employee), Fort Erie, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly service, great staff, not too stressful
Cons: low pay, barely any hours given
At Dollarama, I cash people out and interact with customers in a friendly manner. I also have to clean the store and make sure the shelves are neat and tidy during closing hours so the store is ready for customers come the next day. My co-workers are all extremely down-to-earth and friendly, and I learned a lot more about the work force in this job. The hardest part of the job has to be how hectic it can be during holidays or peak times of the year, while the most enjoyable is getting to know people and feel like you are part of a team.

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more