Dollarama Employee Reviews in Canada

Overall Decent Working Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMay 19, 2016
From having to put out stock, to pack up, to set up to cashing out customers, working at Dollarama has helped me develop a variety of skills to become a better sales associate.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Not enough hours
It is a nice place to work, nice managers and co workers.
Sales associate - Recent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 18, 2016
I love arranging things to make it look better. i believe in Team work. Its a fun work place fr me. my only challenge is that its far from my house.
Valuable career experience
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 16, 2016
It is a excellent entry-level job, you will gain valuable experience for your further career.Friendly working environment.
Busy workplace with amazing co workers and managers
Part­Time Associate (Current Employee) –  Tecumseh, ONMay 15, 2016
Dollarama is a fast paced environment that keeps me busy throughout my shift whether I'm on cash, stocking shelves, breaking down skids or cleaning the aisles. Most of the staff are amazing people I'm glad I've been able to meet some of them and I couldn't ask for better people to work with.
Good place to begin your career and develop work experience
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 12, 2016
A typical day is very labour intensive and demanding.

I learned many skills that will help me progress through my career. The people and management were most often kind to me, but would often do what was in their best interest.

Would recommend beginning your retail career at another retail store that rewards their employees better for their hard work.
Pros
Respectable working staff
Cons
Very little opportunity for growth
Demanding and thankless workplace.
Management (Former Employee) –  OntarioMay 11, 2016
Limited opportunity for advancement, terrible wages, horrible benefits, little respect for Canadian labour laws.
I would not recommend this employer.
fun work place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
It is always busy, specially during holidays. Co-workers are very fun to work with. The only problem was the scheduling process. Other than that it's fun working there.
Great job for students
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 10, 2016
Dollarama at the South Common Mall, Mississauga I would not recommend this store. Store owner does not put safety first for Employees and Customers ( No Video Cameras) .

The isles are full of boxes and therefore customers cannot get by.
The floors are filthy and the Cashier Scanners are broken and held together with elastic bands.

Wire baskets are broken and Customers complain that they are making holes in there clothing.

No 15 minute breaks when busy.
Management leave the store without letting staff know (smoking outside of the Dollarama entrance.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Over worked and under paid
productive workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMay 6, 2016
I learned how to handle different types of customers when working a Dollarmma. I learned that dealing with complaints is not an easy task and being on the Dollarama team taught me what it means to be patient and nice to customers.
Pros
easy and laid back work
Cons
short hours
It was a great experince working at Dollarama
Key Holder/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work was a great experience because I was able to learn how to work as a team leader and as a team. I learned so much working at Dollarama, I was able to learn how to open and close the store, prepare deposits, do deposits at the bank, handling cash, dealing with receiving, stocking the shelves, dealing with customer complaints, deal with co-workers complaints, working as a cashier... The management and co-workers was great people to work with and for. The hardest part was trying to do the extra daily deposits and trying to be there on the floor at the same time, but I learned that I could only do one thing at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people and for the people
Pros
pros was being respected by my co-workers
Fun place to work
Cashier and Stock (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 5, 2016
I was the youngest person there at the time and it was nice. Everyone took me under their wing and showed me how everything worked. It was a nice place to work.
Great place with great people
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 5, 2016
Typical day would be to arrive at work, find my own machine and start moving pallets around the factory. By the time i'm done, I pack up my stuff and go home.
Not a happy place to work
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 2, 2016
The atmosphere of Dollarama is not one of support or guidance. The management does not have patience for new workers and there is limited support.
Pros
It's employment
Cons
Managment is very rigid
Good management and positive environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 2, 2016
Good hours during school and positive co-workers. Learned how to handle a lot of customers. Manager was very nice and positive.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Very Repetitive
Work is tiresome but teamwork works makes it bearable.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 1, 2016
The company is fast growing and has a lot to offer the customers with new products being introduced daily. With the cheapest price there is in the market, no wonder our company is the best! The hardest part of the job is facing thieves; which are so many.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
so much do to with less hour to work
meh
Cashier/Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONApril 30, 2016
not good district mangament awesome employees. the district managment pick favourites they pick on people the managment is not understanding
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Key Holder/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 29, 2016
A typical day at work was a great day. I really enjoyed working for the company. I learned cashier, stalking shelves, getting a deposit ready, doing a deposit, open and close the store, deal with customer complaints, deal with co-workers complaints, answering the phone and communicate with head office. I enjoyed working with the management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to take care of everything at once, but I learned that I had to do one thing at a time to get the job done right. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and customers.
Great co workers and mangment
Key Holder/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 29, 2016
It was always a happy place to work, I learned how to be a leader and team member. How to do bank deposits, prepare the deposits, stalking shelves, cashier, counts, receiving, handling customer complaints, handling employees complaints, shipping and receiving . Management was great. I loved working with my co workers they made the work place a great place to work. The hardest part was to get the deposit ready quickly manner, but after time I have accomplished to do it in a fashionably manner. I really enjoyed working with my co workers
Great work place as a beginner
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 27, 2016
As a beginner, Dollaroma was a great work place for me. I worked without stress and flexible hours, peers were friendly and the management was great. I learned how to deal with different types of customer at Dollarama. They game me part time schedule, and I got low minimum wages. I had been worked there eleven months. I was able to handle customer complaints every day and it taught me to be more patient. Dealing and talking to customers was one of the most enjoyable parts of my job.
Pros
Dealing and talking to customers was one of the most enjoyable parts of my job.
Cons
They game me part time schedule, and I got low minimum wages.
I am enjoying my job at Dollarama. All my co-workers are very friendly.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 26, 2016
I have become an active team player. and now i have these skills during my job at Dollarama;-
• Commitment to providing effective customer service.
• Energetic, and passionate about work.
• Effective verbal, and communication skills.
• Self-motivated with problem solving, and organization skills.
• Friendly behavior.
• Good listener.
• Innovative.
• Time management skills.
Pros
Employees benefits, Vacation plan, pension etc
Cons
limited hours for employees.

2.8