Dollarama Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working with the people at Dollarama. It was a nice friendly place to work. Management was wonderful.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corunna, ON4 April 2016
The hardest part of the job was lifting some of the boxes or cases there was always team work and support from the rest of the co-workers
I did learn more about year end inventory. It was interesting and fun. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers. The regular customers are great. Meeting new people was always a joy.
Pros
A very supportive staff
Cons
I dont think there are any Cons with the company
Dollarama
Merchandising and stocking (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 April 2016
Dollarama, is a very fast paced. The management team that I had was great. I have worked with alot of people. But you have to have the ability to consistently lift 30-50 pound boxes for hours. My back isn't up for it anymore.
Pros
caring company
Cons
long hours, small pay
Professional environment
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON28 July 2016
Cashier
Customer service skills
Stocked merchandise
Worked through holidays
Generally had the same hours each shift
Management was professional and easy to work with
Co-workers where easy to work with
Pros
Good work schedule
Cons
Change in shifts
Work in a productive and efficient manner
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 August 2016
I work as a cashier for a majority of the time. Occasionally I will help my co-worker stock the shelves and clean the aisle at the end of my shift.
Pros
Helpful Team
Cons
No Benefits
Great co workers and mangment
Key Holder/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 April 2016
It was always a happy place to work, I learned how to be a leader and team member. How to do bank deposits, prepare the deposits, stalking shelves, cashier, counts, receiving, handling customer complaints, handling employees complaints, shipping and receiving . Management was great. I loved working with my co workers they made the work place a great place to work. The hardest part was to get the deposit ready quickly manner, but after time I have accomplished to do it in a fashionably manner. I really enjoyed working with my co workers
Heavy and fast productive place to work
Front Cashier/ Floor worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL22 July 2016
Dollarama is a fast paced place. no time to sit down only on your break, and they maybe 15 mins, or an hr. There is always something to be doing, and that can be either by working on the floor down in an isle by braking a cart apart, and that is by taking merchandise out of the boxes and putting it on the shelf and making sure it is properly blocked in and to make sure that there is no goats or pegs left lying around, making sure product is lined from top to bottom, and also taking count of products. When working on the cash, there is full time being up at the front and serving the customers. it is a face paced but to serve the customers is what is the best thing about being the cash. seeing the customers is what makes your day go faster and making them happy to find to what they are looking for. it will take time out of your schedule, but it will take and make your day so much more fulfilling.
Pros
Great team
Cons
No liquid beverage on the floor or on the cash
Loved the job, the managment was terrible
Cashier/ Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2016
I worked there just under a year- earned the position I had and worked really hard for the company.

I loved the coworkers foe the most part- loved being busy and meeting great people.
I have special needs with my availability that were ignored near the end and was told that nothing could be done and I was forced to resign.
Pros
Great customers and made great friends in coworkers
Cons
Hard work for little reward, lack of appreciation
Loving work environment, felt like home
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS8 August 2016
I loved working at Dollarama, it was probably the best first job id tell anyone to get. Got along well with the coworkers and manager, they made me work hard and made me work for what I want.
Nice place with very little pressure
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 November 2016
It was a really nice experience, My manager was very kind and helping, never overload me with extra work. Always supportive and guiding. The store has proper kitchen for lunch and other meals. Co worker were also very kind and supportive.
Pros
Proper kitchen for dinning and breaks
Cons
Unlike many places we dont get any discount or free things from the store.
nice place friendly people. extreamly busy.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL27 December 2016
everyone was very friendly, staff and employees, but we were constantly busy, i would recommend working for dollarama.be prepared to be very on your toes. manager was very flexible with hours and very kind. the manager schedules breaks witch i thought was another nice thing as well. overall good experience.
Pros
very friendly people
Cons
always busy, ALWAYS
it was an okay place
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 March 2016
management was pretty biased. some co-workers were friendly others were rude and obnoxious. I was trained on cashier as well as unloading skids and stocking shelfs. hardest part of the job was the long hours.
Pros
close to home
Cons
management wasn't the greatest
Good
Part time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2016
Initially I had experienced some problems. but later, with the help of co-workers I have learned the basics of the job. now I am enjoying the job. Dollarama is one of the bussiest shop in Millwoods town centre. As a cashier I need to be active at all the times.My ability has been praised both by my employer and customers.
good company to work for
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Callingwood North, AB3 January 2017
*Good company that treats everyone fairly and with respect.
* Have learned good selling skills.
* Always have something to do.
* Learn new marketing skills
* Managers treat people with respect
* Keeping up with stocking
* Find new ways to display merchandise that is pleasing to the consumer
Pros
exciting
Cons
trying to get some co workers to accept changes
Fun workplace as you meet new people everyday
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 October 2016
Would just go to work for 6 hours and spend 5 hours on cash as our location was quite busy. I've learned good customer service from the fellow employees and how to remain calm during the busy hours. The hardest part of the job was that there were usually only 4 people working during the evening shift and the store was huge. We had to do the returns and clean up all by ourselves.
Nice people to work around. But not enough hours per a week.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2016
Not enough hours. They only give me one shift per a week. I want a job that gives me more shifts per a week and more hours. Even if it's just a part-time job. The people their are nice to be around. I also work very hard everytime
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Not enough work days
Productive environment with lots of opportunities
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ON18 April 2016
My experience at the Dollarstore was very professional. I learnt how to work a cash and manage money in different ways. I worked with friends from school since i was attending High School when i worked there and my manager was very friendly. I didn't really like the closing shifts as i was there late and had school the next morning. My favourite part was interacting with customers and meeting new people. I usually worked 3:30-9 after school and if it was a closing shift i was there till 9:45-10.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB8 December 2016
The dollarama was a good place to work. Working with the customers was a great experience. The cash register was easy to work, and you were able to learn everything very quickly. This job was always fun, and you always enjoy coming into work everyday. It's a great place to work!
I enjoy the job very much and the people
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 January 2017
There could be more hours given more suport for the people who need and steeper punishment for wrongly behaving in the work place and better training but other then that it was great
Pros
Friendly staff welcome place to work
Cons
A little to busy at times more multitasking then i would have liked
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 August 2016
It was great experience.
Lovely workers and management.
Hours are responsible.
Pay was decent ,could have been better.
Fun place to work, poorly run
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ON28 February 2016
Learned a ton of information that I did not know
No hours available
Fired multiple staff after new store opened
Uses employees just to set up store
No notice in letting staff go
Do not trust their employees (bag checks, can't ring other people through, can't scan family or friends through etc)
Cons
No hours, no benefits, min wage, no bonus

2.8