Dollarama Employee Reviews

not a great place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 December 2017
I would not reccomend working at dollarama to anyone. The pay is not good the hours are bad and management don't do anything to help their staff. bottom line it is all about profit.
Cons
everything
fun place to work at
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 December 2017
the store was in it first stage of opening to people in sage hill we were the one to build the store from the inside and make it enjoyable for people.
the place have good people to chat with when you are at lunch or not busy with people.
but when you start a new store it hard to see that the amount of people that had to be let go was a greater number then the people left to run the place
Pros
the people and the place for lunch that are need.
Cons
getting let go
Good place with donuts
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON30 December 2017
A typical day at work, I would usually work after school from 4:30-10 and on the weekend from open to close most of the time. I learned to remain calm in situations that are not in my control. The workplace culture was sometimes hard because of how busy it got and the attitudes that were brought into the workplace. The hardest part of the job would be how busy it got and how hot it was. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I worked with good people most of the time and the free donuts.
Pros
Free food
Cons
The heat.
Made this company
cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2017
Honestly this was my first job ever i truly enjoyed working at dollarama it was a cery fun and easy job to work i just feel the store manager at this location needs to learn some new skills on talking to people and her staff they had a huge turn over and she was extremely vulgar towards my peers who worked there
Pros
Cons
Ignorant manager
good friendly manager
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 December 2017
nice great team to work with . manager was so nice to share all your opinions and ideas .very motivating,,,encouraging you for team work and inter personnel relationships.
Pros
flexible
Cons
nothing
Really a Friendly and protective Environment
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 December 2017
The people i work with here are really supportive and makes the work environment so productive i really love working here but unfortunately they are full of full time workers and they do not need part time workers so i am looking for part time
Pros
Good pay and friendly environment
Cons
1 and half hour to travel
fun place
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 December 2017
its was a stage but i really enjoyed its working with the customer and the employee and employer and customer asking me where stuff and i would help them
Dollarama
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 December 2017
The area I worked in was amazing. everyone knew each other and was super friendly. Very clean work place and never really a problem with theft. of course there was theft but you cant stop that no matter where you work.
Pros
Friendly.
Cons
Nothing really
Hard working conditions
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC16 December 2017
It is a hard place to work at, it takes a lot of strength in order to lift all the boxes on the pallets. Very hot inside answer get a 45 min break . Hard but pays well
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Heavy work
Greats Place
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kemptville, ON13 December 2017
A great place to work. I love how it is growing so fast. I have been there for 3 years and the job has given me some great opportunities. I am a better leader due to my time here.
Pros
great team
keyholder
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Owen Soundéhanover , ON12 December 2017
Depending on what manager and district manager you get can be a great place to work or a horrible one. pay was low for the job I did 5 years ago. not many full time positions available anymore.
Not the Best Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB10 December 2017
This job is both physically, mentally and emotionally draining. The days are busy and the work load is way too much. Head office does not allocate enough hours to staff the store properly and they send way too much stock to the store. Also we are very much treated like we are just an employee number and not human. We also get sent to help other stores in the district way too much and don't receive extra compensation or recognition. There are days where the job is fine but most days are filled with stress and negativity.
Pros
Job security, Benefits, Paid Vacation Days
Cons
Stressful, Overworked, Unexpected long days
Alright place to work
Cashier & Stock (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2017
I looked forward to going there because there were employees from all walks of life. I was kept busy. Management really sucked. I learned a lot. Different seasons provided learning opportunities.
Unknown
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Betts Ave Saskatoon SK10 December 2017
Hired to help put store together for opening , store had a new store cake for all employees to enjoy , store had new scent back then , Store was clean
high stress during high traffic periods
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 December 2017
interacting with customers, putting items in grocery bags, putting products on appropriate shelves. Answering phones, and sweeping the floors behind counter.
Pros
meeting nice people
Cons
physical work of stocking shelves
job sucked
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 December 2017
you deal with customers who are polite and rude there are always things to do the management stinks its nothing but stress there are very few good things about the job and the people there
Pros
nothing
Cons
the whole job
to much stock
Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE3 December 2017
rted on night stocking crew. good job to have than. I worked my way up to night shid=ft superviser but than they did away with the night shift.moved us to days and became sddociates. kik stock cash inventory daily. learned to do everything. helped to manage and run the store.
Pros
Met some good friends
Cons
Sent to much stock for store
Fun place to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC30 November 2017
I opened and closed the store and also managed the employees.....
It was a very nice place to work for and they all like me there but I have decided to move on and find myself a better job out there.

I enjoyed very much managing the employees and all the employees respected me...
Pros
Employees
Cons
Managers
Good place to get to know about retail.
manager (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB29 November 2017
It's a good place to work. Very busy. Hectic. Can get overwhelming at times. Staff is good people. You can get behind on your job details when the store gets busy. All on hands on cash registers when needed.
Pros
Advancements quickly
Cons
Long hours.
Productive and Encouraging work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON29 November 2017
Dollarama was a very welcoming place to work. Both the staff and employers were kind and knowledgeable team members. I would recommend working here to anyone looking for work. Dollarama is a very friendly environment and the associates were willing to assist with any questions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollarama. Our community is ready to answer.