Dollarama Employee Reviews

Found 1,031 reviews matching the search
awesome inviorment to work in, fast pace and always something diffrent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 December 2016
stocking, unloading skids, serving customers as well as cleaning sweeping, moping, also facing the isles before the end of the shift
fun workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 December 2016
Short hours. Good team environment, fun
Cut your hours if you are full time, they let all the part timers go and gave all the full timers the full hours
Bad environment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 December 2016
The manager was very bad also the work hours is unreliable no responsibility there .Each one think himself the manager .you will work hard but no body appreciate your job
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 December 2016
very fun place to work, its very hard to work there without wanting to spend your entire paycheck all at once, ahaha, there aren't any discounts that i can remember of while working there.
Productive, enjoyable, and great staff
1st Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON9 December 2016
Working at Dollarama allowed me to become better with costumer service. It provided me with a safe and friendly environment while coming out of my shell and helped me to make friends again.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB8 December 2016
The dollarama was a good place to work. Working with the customers was a great experience. The cash register was easy to work, and you were able to learn everything very quickly. This job was always fun, and you always enjoy coming into work everyday. It's a great place to work!
Overall 2/5
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON7 December 2016
I have no complaints about my working experience at 'Dollarama' at all. 'Dollarama' itself is a great business franchise. And at the end of the day; a 'job' is a 'job'. I ensured that I had put my full effort into everything I had worked/tasked on, to even the smallest tasks. I just felt that none of my co-workers were motivated to work at all; lousy and uninterested to say the least; and my efforts to help the store run more smoothy we're being overlooked; as if the management didn't really care about improvement.
It was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
The manager at queen and sherbourne was a pain. Rough neighbourhood as well. I love dollarama as a whole but would never work at that particular location again.
Easiest job ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 December 2016
Very easy job... Hours are good and work with school. Most stores get staff gifts and bonuses which is great. Co workers were awesome- but going from stock to cash and back was hard.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Not enough shifts- too much work at once.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 December 2016
The hardest part of the job is to stand for hours on cash. The most enjoyable part would have to be the employees I worked with. The management wasn't the best either.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons

Want to know more about Dollarama?

Ask a question
Nice place with very little pressure
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 November 2016
It was a really nice experience, My manager was very kind and helping, never overload me with extra work. Always supportive and guiding. The store has proper kitchen for lunch and other meals. Co worker were also very kind and supportive.
Pros
Proper kitchen for dinning and breaks
Cons
Unlike many places we dont get any discount or free things from the store.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
i learned how to communicate with customers as a cashier and how to deal with their complaints and purchases including receiving cash, return change, scan the product and etc.
worst management ever
Associate (Former Employee) –  west Vancouver, BC23 November 2016
Management likes to choose favorites and if you're not one of them you will be treated poorly and with no respect and fire you, and given almost no hours regardless of your work ethic.
Pros
fun meeting new people
Cons
bad management
Fast Fun Fulfilling
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 November 2016
It's a great day when you can actually look forward to starting work at a job you love to do. Every minute is pure pleasure where the only limitation is your imagination.
Pros
Flexible hours quick steady shifts
Cons
Physically demanding
Fun and friendly experience
Cashier/ Stock (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 November 2016
Friendly and helpful staff to work with. My employers were genuinely caring about myself and perfect customer service.
Some days were fast paced but I was up for challenge.
The job gave me experience in customer relations and team building skills. Hardest part was saying good bye.
Pros
great staff
productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 November 2016
love it there , nice people and very busy to keep work flowing .
my bosses are nice and understand and it works for me because i have school part time ,
Fun, Energetic crowd
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 November 2016
Dollarama was one of my first jobs, I started when I was 16/17. I was able to learn great customer service skills, and I was able to move up to key holder as well.
No training
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 November 2016
I did not receive enough training, so I didn't really know what I was doing. Cashier work was simple enough, but other duties were not explained to me. Basically, I got fired because I was not taught how to do the job.
Its an okay job has its ups and downs
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
A typical day of work consists of starting your day by breaking daily skids or arriving to work and having your buggy of merchandise ready to be put out for your aisle. Stock and arrange merchandise for your current aisle along with filling out daily count sheets. Assisting the cashier on the cash register when busy. Working evening shifts consist of stocking some boxes and cleaning the store up for the next day.
Fun Work, Bad Management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON1 November 2016
I worked at Dollarama for several years, it was a fun place to work, enjoyable duties. The only bad thing is I seen managers come and go, most of them are not good manager, take the roll to their head. When a manager gets complaints upon them, they just move them to a different store, which I find isnt to good, cause they do the same stuff micromanage, and power trip. Instead they should train the polite ones within the store, and have better management.
Then another topic, they need to have more staff hours + staff for the work they want to be completed within a day, cause with not enough staff it makes you feel like your a slave for your 11 dollars an hour.
Overall its a good place if you have a good manager and if its a busy dollarama = more hours they give a week.
If your full time there your get the hours, if your part time you barely get hours. I wouldnt work there as part time, but I guess you have to start somewhere. (like somewhere else).
Also full time employees only get a 10 cent raise a year, its a dead end job.
Pros
Enjoyable duties, Nice Customers
Cons
Bad Management, Have to work Hoildays

2.8