Dollarama Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
hardest part was always changing the alias
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONOctober 7, 2015
the people that i worked with was great, it was not really a hard just , just a constants moving items from one place.Then getting that done then some one come up and say that no that's not how you do it. but other then that it was a good learning tool for me. after 8 years i was happy just need something new to boarding my brain for it was going to sleep
Freindly employees
staff (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 3, 2016
Enjoyable place to work with other staff members but the management is little poor other than its a fun work at!

Always meeting and greeting good customers rarely you find people upset with dollarama.
Wonderful workplace with no clue on how to manage the location.
Cashier, Stock Upkeep (Former Employee), New Liskeard, ONApril 3, 2016
Pros: great co-worker community, dependable "keyholder" management
Cons: Store manager with superiority complex.
Typical work included stock, cash, and janitorial duties, in a relaxed environment with efficient workers of various backgrounds. The location basically trained staff on managerial duties, if only to inform them they would never be able to attain this later.

The store's general manager changed nearly six times during my work period at this location, the final manager being a pickup from a high brand store near by that had been fired for what he proceeded to begin doing at this location. Each manager after the first successively knew less about managing the location until the last, who was more fit for a roll in the political environment.

This was one of my favorite places to work by far, barring the final manager, each worker knew their location and duties upon entering the store as a community having developed without the asinine instruction of management other locations tend to struggle with.
I have a great team
Store Manager (Current Employee), NBJanuary 1, 2016
Everyday at Dollarama is a unique day, never a day where things are the same. My co workers are great, the most enjoyable part of my job is that I love developing my team to make them stronger and better employees and people.
productive
cashier (Former Employee), 605 rogers roadJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: meet people
Cons: not good hours
A typical day at work would be normal the environment is not that bad. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers but always ended up dealing with it in an appropriate manner
Productive place with lots of interactions with people
Cashier and sales person (Former Employee), Quebec City, QCJanuary 14, 2016
I enjoyed working for the Dollarama Company. Employees were fun and my boss was so nice to me.I learned a lot of things that can serve me in customer service.
Experience
Cashier & Stocking Items on shelves (Former Employee), Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QCNovember 6, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Experience of dealing with all types of costumers
A typical day at work is mostly how to deal with all type of costumers and enhancing your speed on stacking items and patience. There's wasn't much of a hard part in the job and the most enjoyable one is cashier.
Great Workplace
Store Supervisor (Current Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 13, 2015
Pros: Fun place
Cons: Restricted career progression
Good workplace, supportive management, but limited scope of professional advancement. Coworkers are very professional. Training is provided on a continuous basis. Working conditions including work hours are well balanced with company needs and worker requests. Easy to speak with Supervisors and Managers with concerns, requests and suggestions.
Fast paced environment, lots of grumpy people.
cashier/ customer service assistant (Former Employee), Amherst, NSOctober 7, 2015
Pros: You get to eat the chips in the back if the customers break them open
Cons: Very long hours, all weekend shifts possible, I got them.
Fast paced work environment. Constantly opening and unloading boxes. Running back and forth from cash to your aisle always. People always telling you to put more and more out on the shelves. The entire company is built around making people want to consume everything there is to offer and tricks people by calling it a dollar store. The amount of times I heard someone say "Well I really didnt need any of this but thats just what happens when you come to the dollarstore.. They should call it the 20 dollar store, or the 50 dollar store." is disgusting. Dollarama was not my strong suit thats for sure, and if you dont like grumpy people or shoving corporate product down peoples throats, then I'd say dont work here.
Productive and fun workplace with good staff
Cashier (Former Employee), Kanata, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, long breaks
Cons: Long hours
Good employees and management who make you feel welcome and important in the workplace. Very helpful and understanding of errors and willing to work around your schedule. I learned how to operate a cash register and how to stock seasonal items for the store. Improved basic mathematics skill. Co-workers are fun and reliable, knowledgeable about the store and are serious when needed. The hardest part of the job was standing in the same spot for hours on end. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people, getting to know my co-workers and chatting with nice customers while serving them in a quick manner.
good bosses
Cashier/stock person (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: nice people
Cons: hours
they were very friendly staff as well as a very clean work environment, the work was easy the management was fair, the co-workers were kind. the hardest part was nothing.
Fun people to work with
Distributor (Former Employee), Mont-royal, QCMarch 14, 2016
People that work there are very kind and fun. Which makes everything easier. It's a very friendly place to work. I learned that communication is the key to perform well.
not somewhere i want to continue working at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Gander, NLApril 23, 2016
co-workers are rude. i liked working with customers and i love being a cashier but the workers are bullies and so are the managers
Customer service experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 12, 2015
Pros: Holiday Parties
Cons: N/A
I learned a lot about customer service at Dollarama. This job taught how to deal with customer from nice to angry. I was also given an opportunity to be the assistant manager for few months , which gave an experience in doing paper work that mangers do as part of their job.
Super Stressful
Supervisor (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 27, 2016
Worked super hard because only allowed a certain amount of hours . Got paid nearly minimum wage even though worked the same as management. Some nice people but management always changing
Dollarama
Sales Associate/Instock Associate (Former Employee), markham and lawrenceFebruary 17, 2016
Working in Dollarama, I'd say was one of my best experience, reason being that the whole environment that you are in is really friendly and i liked working there.
Fast paced and busy work place with ability to grow.
Key Holder (Current Employee), Nova Scotia, CanadaAugust 31, 2015
A typical day at work includes stocking shelves, ringing through customers, handling customer complaints, cleaning the store and even some book work. I count of cash registers and ensure they balance, write invoices in the log book and handle voids as well.

My co workers are great people who always help me to do my best and help me to strive to be my best at work!

The hardest part of the job can be the stress that sometimes comes along with it, meeting deadlines on certain things and ensuring your time is managed well to complete all the tasks you are assigned.

The most enjoyable part of this job is working with my coworkers and working as a team member.
Fun place to work
Cashier and Stock (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 19, 2016
My experience at Dollarama was awesome, I made great friends and it was pretty laid back. I learned how to deal with cash and stock and general customer services.
Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 10, 2015
Pros: short hours
Cons: Not enough for you if you one job only
Very simple work but you need more strong physical body.There was a lot variety in what I did each day. Fun work place with a supportive management not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
Dollarama
Dollarama Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with.
Cons: conflicts with other employees
I learned that working with others can be difficult at times but, you do your job work well with the other employees. The best part about working at Dollarama was to see all the customers leave with a happy smile. Sometimes you didn't have the items they were looking for so you would suggest a different place where they are able to get that item(s). The hardest part of our day would be trying to get all the returns back to where they belong on the certain shelving units. The management was good at their jobs when there was a problem with a customer and us fighting or something happening that we can't fix then we will be having to involve the manager but, if it wasn't too serious we would try and make the customer feel happy with a great visit/ shopping experience at this certain store.
Headquarters