Dollarama Employee Reviews

Good place to get to know about retail.
manager (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB29 November 2017
It's a good place to work. Very busy. Hectic. Can get overwhelming at times. Staff is good people. You can get behind on your job details when the store gets busy. All on hands on cash registers when needed.
Pros
Advancements quickly
Cons
Long hours.
Productive and Encouraging work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON29 November 2017
Dollarama was a very welcoming place to work. Both the staff and employers were kind and knowledgeable team members. I would recommend working here to anyone looking for work. Dollarama is a very friendly environment and the associates were willing to assist with any questions.
Cutting hours employee have no value
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbine mall29 November 2017
Dollar Rama make allot of money in cash and there is no way to cut employee hours and save money, I would also request Govt to investigate this matter and help us to get our hours back.
Meh.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 November 2017
They don't tell you when they cut your hours. They just say "well if you need more hours, find another job." I never went back. They also love to play the favourites game.
I took Pride in the work I do for Dollarama and the Customers
STORE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC23 November 2017
Responsible for cleaning
Responsible for organizing merchandise
Responsible for Customer Care
Cashier
Enjoyed working with Customers
Enjoyed the satisfaction of the work I did
Pros
Satisfying Customers
Cons
Low Salary
A great place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2017
I had been Housekeeping for 15+yrs, and decided that I needed a change. I had NO experience or training in anything else.
I was sure I wouldnt get the job, to my amazement and joy, the day I applied at Dollarama, as soon as I walked into my house the phone rang and it was Dollarama, offering me a Fulltime position.
I was so happy and to this day, I DO NOT regret the experience and the great people I worked with and for.
Thank you, for giving me the chance and the wonderful learning experience.
Pros
Great working environment, Easy to learn instruction and tutoring.
Cons
Easy paced till you get to know the work, then VERY fast but a great experience for a quick learner.
High demand
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2017
As a former manager working there from the bottom up it’s very hard to move up a lot of a** kissing to do there’s so many flaws working for this company there pay sucks there benefits suck there raises suck they push you like a labor worker and bark at you like a dog when somethings not done right and unless your the same colour as anther manager the others don’t help you out at all if needed they make u go to other store fix there mess up they cut hours all the time there’s no balance between work life and home life.thumbs down to this company
Cons
Another typical shelf job.
Commis de magasin (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 November 2017
Although, their demands from the top as a shelf worked were indeed high, the teamwork would always be as enthusiastic as unexpectedly possible. They valued teamwork and time efficiency.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 November 2017
Always busy and there was always lots of work to be done which made time fly buy and all employees were very respectful and cooperative and were always willing to lend a helping hand.
great people to work with.
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB19 November 2017
it was a great place to work and i loved the people i meet and worked with and how everyone worked as a team. i love how easy it was to do recovery and clean your department.
Pros
my co workers
Cons
really busy
Daily Shift
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Galarie des Sources19 November 2017
I usually open the store with my manager and order the stock in a presentable way. During a weekend, we are usually just three members handling the store. My position is the cashier and I usually greet the clients and scan their items they purchase. I personally think that the digital imprints were a nice input for the cash register. Overall, the paycheck is the only issue that made me quit the job and the lack of hours during normal days.
Pros
Payed break around 15 minutes, easy to adapt and calm environment
Cons
lack of hours to work, low wage, repetitive task, cleaning shelves takes time
Would not recommend.
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2017
The job was okay. Definitely not a safe work environment. Bums coming in and trying to steal and when they're confronted things sometimes get violent. (pushing/fighting)
Cons
get very small amount of hours, unsafe work environment, unprofessional management
fun people to work with
Cashier/ Stock (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON13 November 2017
its a fun work environment to be in, the people are amazing and understanding they give you the hours you need, if you need days off or need more days there really understandable
Pros
awesome co-workers
Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK12 November 2017
Great store to work at, different work everyday, great team work was involved, employees were good to work with, management was also great and fun to work for!
Pros
Appreciation lunches
Cons
Professional work environment, but a little dry.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 November 2017
Nice professional atmosphere and equipment. Not much support to excel individually. Not much room for advancement. The hardest part of the job was trying to be creative in a very production oriented atmosphere.
Fun work experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 November 2017
Job where you won't get bored in as the store is always changing with new items. Get to experience the uniqueness of customers as you get to deal with new faces on a daily basis.
Pros
Short hours of work
Cons
having to stand
Overall a decent company to work for. Not paid enough for assistant manager requirements and duties.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 November 2017
I found my experience with the company to be satisfactory. Part time student cashiers would be an asset and enjoy the fun and fast pace of the job.
I find there was too much asked by the company in a management position. They have high expectations and ask jobs to be complete in an unreasonable time frame.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Very high expectations with unreasonable completion times to execute, Not paid enough for some positions.
productive fun workplace
Key holder / Associate (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB7 November 2017
open store count floats and set up cash for the day
zoned store make sure all merchandise was properly put away
helped customers find a product
priced and filled product
Pros
flexible hours and good management
Cons
minimum wages
Worst Job
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winchester, ON6 November 2017
Overhired for opening and then canned many people using poor excuses like you have someone the wrong change once. Multitasking required but work is expected to be completed anyways. Management gives varying information and talks behind each other backs. Low pay and now benefits.
Fast paced company but expect too much
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 November 2017
Fast paced company, but they change their minds over big realignments daily. Move something one day to them telling you they don't like it and to move it back the next.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollarama. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8