Dollarama Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing place!
Cashier (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCJanuary 25, 2016
I was a Cashier at the one in the Driftwod mall in Courtenay and it the entire staff is so nice, and forgiving, and flexible! I should have been fired but they didn't even get mad like eer! And are super chill with me taking time off even if it's last minute
tense and aggravating
foods stocker (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCNovember 9, 2015
Pros: nothing, this place sucks
Cons: no hours, low pay, liars in management
They give 25 hours a week to full time employees, which I got, but all the fulltime women would get more hours per week than myself. Some part time employees got more hours than I did. Every supervisor/manager is only looking out for themselves and don't care about the employee. I hated working there
Super Stressful
Supervisor (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 27, 2016
Worked super hard because only allowed a certain amount of hours . Got paid nearly minimum wage even though worked the same as management. Some nice people but management always changing
Enjoyable and friendly working atmosphere
Store Associate (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Free coffees
Cons: Breaking down skids
When first starting a day at work we would count our tills and break down skids. There was also merchandise counts that had to be done everyday. The rest of the day was spent putting away new and reoccurring merchandise. Working at Dollarama I learned all my retail skills as well as added to the customer skills I already had. I got along with all my coworkers and managers. The hardest part of the job would've been lifting the heavy boxes of merchandise. The best part of the job was interacting with customers and putting out new merchandise.
Sometimes inadequate working environment.
Cahier Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kingston, ONApril 18, 2016
Pros: Paid vacation at Dollarama, gift cards for Dollarama at Christmas
Cons: Sometimes long hours, especially if you're not prepared for it and they ask for me to stay beyond my scheduled shift.
My co-workers were really nice to get along with, good team members and skill builders. Management weren't always the best to get along with at times. I learned different techniques at my various jobs over the past few years: i.e. introducing customers to new products at Dollarama, putting up and taking down of various displays.
nice place to work
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 9, 2015
It is a nice place to work as the staff was very co-operative and the management is also very nice to its employees. One of the best things about this job was the interaction with the customers.
good bosses
Cashier/stock person (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: nice people
Cons: hours
they were very friendly staff as well as a very clean work environment, the work was easy the management was fair, the co-workers were kind. the hardest part was nothing.
It is a good work place with a lot of good people
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Employees are friendly and easy to talk to. Management is good and how they manage the store is amazing. I work everyday with an excitement.
Excellent Management
Key Holder (Current Employee), Wallaceburg, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Friendly Atmosphere
Cons: Long Commute
The Dollarama that I presently work at is an incredibly welcoming atmosphere. The employees are always willing to go above and beyond to help the customer.

My typical day at work consists of; breaking down the skids that come in daily on week days, sorting the merchandise to go in the appropriate aisle, and working in my assigned aisle to fully restock the aisle to the best of my ability. I complete the closing procedures and confirm that all money is safely deposited before locking the doors at night. When I work mornings, I unlock the door and proceed to complete the opening procedures.

I have learned how to handle a heavy amount of responsibility and pressure. I have also learned how to effectively problem solve.

The management at Dollarama was completely knowledgeable about Dollarama products as well as procedures. I have the honour of being a part of the management crew. People feel comfortable enough to approach me with any questions or concerns that they have. Whenever I have a question or concern, I know that I can always go to my manger.

The most enjoyable part of my job is honestly the co-workers. Everyone is happy to be there, and are willing to assist you with anything that you may need. I have the privilege of obtaining amazing friendships with many of my co-workers. Another thing I enjoy about working at Dollarama is being able to be social with the customers. I always give them the attention that they deserve.
Great people, fun hard working job!
Cashier (Former Employee), alliston, ONOctober 5, 2015
Work was great, it was something I looked forward too everyday. Co workers were incredible. Nice people. I loved working cash and getting to meet all different people. Management needed work, it got too a point where I just didn't want to be there anymore due to how us employees were treated. It was really a shame because it was a great job that had great learning experiences. I made lots of friends.
Has its ups and downs
Supervisor (Former Employee), Orleans (tenth line road)April 10, 2015
Pros: frequent pizza lunches and coffe runs
Cons: open to close shifts every weekend for management and supervisors
My particular location had great management, but overall not the best place to work because hours available are based on sales.
Hardest part of the job was having to work open to close shifts in Xmas season - given the deals Dollarama provides things get hectic
Worst part is even as a supervisor i only got 80 cents raise.
Good work enviroment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Castlegar, BCJanuary 13, 2016
This being my first job I loved interacting with all kinds of new people, from elders to young children I always found everyone to be polite and courteous. Of course working in a retail job you come across people who want to be difficult but for the most part I was able to handle that on my own without any help. My co-workers were all amazing and I have nothing negative to say about them. I learned a lot about myself and I think this job really helped me become more of a social person since you have to interact with the customers.
Fun and busy
Cashier, Customer Service, Keyholder/Supervisor (Former Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCApril 1, 2016
past co workers have been really fun to work with and i made so many friends! best job i had so far! I learned great team work and pretty much loved it there. just need more into security system though only tough part to work in there is not feeling secured because of thieves or people who might bring in anything that could hurt people and will have no way of knowing who it'll be because there are no camera system
Dollarama
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee), Brandon, MBApril 14, 2016
Pros: The employees
Cons: Everything else
It's not a horrible place to work if you're looking to work only one or two shifts a week due to horrible hour cuts. A typical day at work can either be really slow or really busy, usually the busiest time is around the holidays. I learned how to close shop, how to open shop, and how to stock properly. Management there has recently changed which hasn't been a bad thing unless it comes to the hours that employees receive.
Productive and fun place to work. Management was very flexible and friendly
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCNovember 23, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management, who would help you grow and develop skills and abilities. Management and supervisors were flexible
Fun Co-workers, Poor manegement
Store Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 15, 2015
Pros: 15 minute paid break if working more than 4 hours.
Cons: Lack of hours.
A typical day at work could be working at a cash register, facing items, doing returns or breaking down skids and bringing items to the sale floor. It could be a combination of any of these. I learned how to operate a cash register, assist customers and properly display merchandise. Manegemant in my experience has been very poor. Managers do not know how to organize schedules, prioritze what needs to be done. Co-workers can be great people. Good co-workers make the job bearable and you can actually have some enjoyment working. The hardest part of the job for me is trying to understand the logic of the management. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is assisting customers.
Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 10, 2015
Pros: short hours
Cons: Not enough for you if you one job only
Very simple work but you need more strong physical body.There was a lot variety in what I did each day. Fun work place with a supportive management not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
fun place nice people
keyholder (Former Employee), Squamish, BCOctober 7, 2015
fun place nice people learned new skills and time management I met some new people and I received me first aid level 2. there were 4 keyholders and the gm ...the hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers....the best part I thought was decorating the stoe for the holidays
Productive at Dollarama
Merchandiser and stocker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
Pros: Two 15-minutes breaks, 30-minutes lunch break
Cons: Coming too early like 7 am to work, too late to finish work like 6 pm and thus going home in rush hour
I was in training at Dollarama. First I helped with loading the baskets, shelves, brackets, carts, shopping carts, cashier's desks, and shelves for the bunkers. Then, I helped unload the pallets from the truck and unload the boxed goods and items from the pallets. After that, I was trained how to put the goods and items properly on the shelves. Also, I put hooks on the wall with different items. The hardest part of the work was adjusting the shelves according to the size of the items. Another hardest part of the job was looking for a box of a particular item in order to re-stock that item on the shelf. The co-workers were okay. The supervisors who were training us were friendly except two. There were two co-workers who were not okay in my opinion. One was too much boasting of her background and say Canada is not better than Greece and has too much attitude. The other barely spoke any good English and did not understand anything and made herself not understandable to others. The manager was okay.
Great company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONDecember 16, 2015
Fast paced and enjoyable place to work. Excellent staff and management. Great products. Only issue is the no return policy.
Headquarters