Dollarama

Dollarama Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJune 18, 2014
Pros: communicating with customers
Cons: sometimes not enough time in a day
a typical day at work is executing merchandise on to the floor making sure that everything gets done
while assisting customers
Work is productive but the hours are lackluster
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Ajax, ONJune 13, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: horrible hours
A typical day at work isnt far from the norm of a typical retail store, I learned many things from the management and my fellow coworkers that got me started in this industry the workers have to dedicated to being consistent and efficient, the hardest part of the job is staying active and doing all that is required of you and consistently doing repeated – more... actions. The most enjoyable part of the job is working along side with a friend the day goes by much faster, but the hours offered was horrible hence the reason for finding a new job. – less
TEAM WORK
Supervisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 12, 2014
Pros: great team.
Cons: too many customers, less workers
I love my work mates, they are hard working and motivated. The work place is seen like home , and as such workers care and love it like their home.When people hear "Dollarma job" , first impression is easy/simple but it is actually quite the opposite.It is not an easy job and requires a lot of patience and energy.

It is a busy store, and we have all – more... type of customers, happy, nice, angry, rude, but at the end of the day we treat them the same. Well, unless they get to much, than we usually take measures to deal with them.over all it is a pretty good place, accompanied by great people. – less
Dollarama
Part-time Retail Store Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
It is a great place to work in. My co-workers are very warm and cordial. People at management are good too. They are professional and considerate. The only problem is it is a part-time position, and I do not have much option to grow up.
productive and challenging place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 4, 2014
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: very long hours
typical day is to open store maintain all employees do a clean up check around for safety maintain all incoming and outgoing shipments provide customer service handle cash and balance daily sales and audit all reports I learn to achieve challenges and become more strong minded to achieve all goals being assistant manager has strengthen my supervisory – more... skills and management skills to be able to work along with my co workers and maintain a great relationship with them on a professional level. the hardest part of the job would ever be if I had to ever leave to better my career and to move on the best part of the job is being noticed of the skills that I do have and the feeling of the company and manager having that much confidence in me the whole time of my employment it would be an experience that I would carry with me for a long time but my overall interest is to move on work in a steady enviorement so im able to utlize my skills and grow with a hospital enviorement and join a winning career – less
not enough hours but great working environment
Cashier/Customer Service/stocker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 3, 2014
Pros: good people i worked with
Cons: long hours
Like working in any store, this one was the same. Although I did not get enough hours, I still enjoyed the people I was working with. The hardest part of my job was standing. Standing for 4-5 hours in one position doing the same thing every time I worked was tiring.. Working at Dollorama for about 6 months, I've learned to adapt and overcome the hours, – more... and the low pay grade, and soon enough it was just another thing to do after school. – less
productive and fun working at this workplace
sales excutive (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 30, 2014
I got to learn new things like where stuff go on the shelves and greet people as they came in
good time with co workers
Position - Sales Associate (Former Employee), woodbridgeMay 29, 2014
Pros: free launhes
Cons: lo0ng hours
its hard work .learn some thing new.deal wih customers .good managment
A mish mash of good/bad days with some unsafe conditions and employee abuse
Customer Service/Stock/Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 29, 2014
It was not a good job. But it was a job. You could work as hard as anyone and still get grief. How many hours you got each week was based on how someone felt about you personally and not based on your work ethic.

The good thing about the job was there were days where you honestly got to help someone. Helping someone with a disability to do their shopping. – more... Showing a school teacher the best inexpensive ways to be able to make projects for her students. Having someone stop you, just to say thank you. – less
Good environment to experience different roles played in retail.
Cashier, Stocks Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2014
Great location, beautiful store lay-out, very good for students and newer Canadians looking for retail experience.

Multi-ethnic work-force was pleasant.

Practices one's patience and active thinking to overcome occasional and minute language barriers.

Effectively enhances one's problem-solving and time-management skills. Requires an active lifestyle – more... to maintain productivity.

Interacting and helping Dollarama's customers on a daily basis was great, being from the same neighborhood it brought a sense of community to my work day which I deeply appreciated.

All in all, as with my past job experiences, I would love to take what I have learned and bring it to the table where ever it would be most productive.

I respect growth and am grateful for how working at Dollarama has contributed immensely towards it. Cheers. – less
Fast-paced and busy workplace
Cashier/Floor (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMay 25, 2014
Worked between 5-9 hours a day interacting with a variety of clientele and handled large amounts of cash. It is an always busy workplace so the time goes by fast!
Productive, easy to get along with coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 24, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: not enough hours
Management and co-workers functioned as a team to get through daily goals and customer needs.
the good things
Various Positions (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCMay 23, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: store manager just sits in the back work and does not give many shifts.
the only fun part if when they let us have fun, or the store manager is untop of you while he sits in the back.
It was a job.
Sales clerk and cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioMay 23, 2014
Pros: got to interact with customers
Cons: didn't like working 4 or 5 hours 2 or 3 days aweek.
Liked working as a cashier as I got to speak with the customers and help them find items they were looking for. Got along with everyone. Hardest part of the job that I did not care for was climbing ladders to put stock up on the shelf or bring it down to stock shelves. Was afraid of falling.
Friendly Coworkers
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 22, 2014
Its a normal day in retail, coworkers were awesome and customers made my day. The hardest part of the job was stocking because there was not a lot of room so you had to stock boxes really high and I could not reach. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people and customers.
Good
Babysitter (Former Employee), ottawaMay 17, 2014
This is a good place to work.
I did a lot of stiocking shelves and helped people
Dollarama Dollarama
Key Holder (Former Employee), Southgate MallMay 13, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: under paid for the responsiblities they expect
Dollarama is one of those places you that you expect top customer service...and productivity! I would go in on the evening shifts, and I worked with a lot of great people, and relaxed environment. However, there were some that did not want to put their 100 percent into their job and clearly exhibited "I am here for the pay cheque" syndrome. Unfortunately, – more... those types do not survive. I was hired to be a key holder due to my experience in management before. I believed add to their team. I was in charge of 5 employees a shift, and making sure they were doing their tasks. I had written out daily duties for them and constantly rewarded their efforts to be better at their job. The hardest part of my job was watching my boss get canned because she was too nice to staff. The most enjoyable was knowing my boss felt I was worth more! – less
staff and management very pleasant
Cashier/Merchandiser/Seasonal Set-up (Former Employee), South Porcupine, ONMay 12, 2014
Pros: enjoyable staff and managment
learned to merchandise, revamp sections of the store, learned to do inventory, learned to do pack up for the end of seasons.
Great people and a great experience
Cashier (Part-time) (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 12, 2014
Pros: great co workers, great management, good atmosphere
Cons: lacking in hours, no visible signs of advancement
I love it there. I love the people I work with because they are fun to be around and generally motivate me more. Every time I come in it's like coming to see friends which they kind of are, and it makes me happy and it shows when I greet customers and go about my day.

I've learned that communication is one of the most important things in any job or – more... any aspect of life really. As well as the perks or managing time and efforts. I learned to be more personal to everyone which has made me enjoy my job as a cashier, I used to be so incredibly shy which shows at times but not as much as a couple years ago.

The management see us as people and as equals but not enough to be "too" friendly. They treat us with a great amount of respect as we do to them. They try to accommodate us when they can while maintaining the stores needs which I find they do an amazing job at. My last job before Dollarama had not so great management and I was a bit hesitant but I couldn't stay that way with the Manager of Dollarama.

The co workers are very understanding and tell me about themselves and I learn little things from time to time about them and their experiences which I enjoy. We also help each other and communicate very well and succeed in most goals we've been given, or at the least try our best.

The hardest part about the job is when we are short staffed or unexpectedly bombarded with a lot of customers but we handle it very well together to give the best service we can.

I enjoy cleaning the most in my work because I get to walk around and occasionally help a wandering guest look for something. Its a great feeling when I know I've helped someone in some way even if its just in such a small way. – less
All in all Dollarama was good place to work and the employees are great!
Stock Clerk( 2 week job placement) (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKMay 12, 2014
Pros: the friendliness
I felt that it was a good place to work,the employees were outgoing,easy to get along with and knew how to relax.The management were great as well.As for the hardest part I guess I would have to say would be put aways as I was not familiar with the isles.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me would be how friendly everyone is.

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more

Dollarama Photos