Dollarama

Dollarama Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, easy to get along with coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 24, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: not enough hours
Management and co-workers functioned as a team to get through daily goals and customer needs.
the good things
Various Positions (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCMay 23, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: store manager just sits in the back work and does not give many shifts.
the only fun part if when they let us have fun, or the store manager is untop of you while he sits in the back.
It was a job.
Sales clerk and cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioMay 23, 2014
Pros: got to interact with customers
Cons: didn't like working 4 or 5 hours 2 or 3 days aweek.
Liked working as a cashier as I got to speak with the customers and help them find items they were looking for. Got along with everyone. Hardest part of the job that I did not care for was climbing ladders to put stock up on the shelf or bring it down to stock shelves. Was afraid of falling.
Friendly Coworkers
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 22, 2014
Its a normal day in retail, coworkers were awesome and customers made my day. The hardest part of the job was stocking because there was not a lot of room so you had to stock boxes really high and I could not reach. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people and customers.
Good
Babysitter (Former Employee), ottawaMay 17, 2014
This is a good place to work.
I did a lot of stiocking shelves and helped people
Dollarama Dollarama
Key Holder (Former Employee), Southgate MallMay 13, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: under paid for the responsiblities they expect
Dollarama is one of those places you that you expect top customer service...and productivity! I would go in on the evening shifts, and I worked with a lot of great people, and relaxed environment. However, there were some that did not want to put their 100 percent into their job and clearly exhibited "I am here for the pay cheque" syndrome. Unfortunately, – more... those types do not survive. I was hired to be a key holder due to my experience in management before. I believed add to their team. I was in charge of 5 employees a shift, and making sure they were doing their tasks. I had written out daily duties for them and constantly rewarded their efforts to be better at their job. The hardest part of my job was watching my boss get canned because she was too nice to staff. The most enjoyable was knowing my boss felt I was worth more! – less
staff and management very pleasant
Cashier/Merchandiser/Seasonal Set-up (Former Employee), South Porcupine, ONMay 12, 2014
Pros: enjoyable staff and managment
learned to merchandise, revamp sections of the store, learned to do inventory, learned to do pack up for the end of seasons.
Great people and a great experience
Cashier (Part-time) (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 12, 2014
Pros: great co workers, great management, good atmosphere
Cons: lacking in hours, no visible signs of advancement
I love it there. I love the people I work with because they are fun to be around and generally motivate me more. Every time I come in it's like coming to see friends which they kind of are, and it makes me happy and it shows when I greet customers and go about my day.

I've learned that communication is one of the most important things in any job or – more... any aspect of life really. As well as the perks or managing time and efforts. I learned to be more personal to everyone which has made me enjoy my job as a cashier, I used to be so incredibly shy which shows at times but not as much as a couple years ago.

The management see us as people and as equals but not enough to be "too" friendly. They treat us with a great amount of respect as we do to them. They try to accommodate us when they can while maintaining the stores needs which I find they do an amazing job at. My last job before Dollarama had not so great management and I was a bit hesitant but I couldn't stay that way with the Manager of Dollarama.

The co workers are very understanding and tell me about themselves and I learn little things from time to time about them and their experiences which I enjoy. We also help each other and communicate very well and succeed in most goals we've been given, or at the least try our best.

The hardest part about the job is when we are short staffed or unexpectedly bombarded with a lot of customers but we handle it very well together to give the best service we can.

I enjoy cleaning the most in my work because I get to walk around and occasionally help a wandering guest look for something. Its a great feeling when I know I've helped someone in some way even if its just in such a small way. – less
All in all Dollarama was good place to work and the employees are great!
Stock Clerk( 2 week job placement) (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKMay 12, 2014
Pros: the friendliness
I felt that it was a good place to work,the employees were outgoing,easy to get along with and knew how to relax.The management were great as well.As for the hardest part I guess I would have to say would be put aways as I was not familiar with the isles.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me would be how friendly everyone is.
Fun and very outgoing place to work
Key Holder (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 7, 2014
Pros: always have something to do
Cons: poor management
I enjoy the fact that we work as a team at Dollarama, everyone tries to help everyone and go the extra mile to make the store look nice.
I feel the management could be a lot better. I love the co-workers I work with there and how they all work as a team because they feel that we are a family of workers. one of the hardest part of this job is trying – more... to get time off and the hours and how unfair management is and how they dont like to alternate the hours with everyone and make if a fun and fair enviroment to work in. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the public and getting to know the people I work with and how they like to work as well. – less
Productive and fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee), TorontoMay 5, 2014
Stocked products
Received daily shipments
Cashier duties
Dealt with customer comments and complaints
Room for Improvement
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCMay 4, 2014
Pros: good pay and hours to start
Cons: constant change in management, and not allowed to speak to other employees unless it was entirely work related.
Preparing the store for the grand opening gave the opportunity for a lot of hours, and working with great people. After the grand opening trying to find good managers and laying off staff, as well as sudden extreme cuts in hours made it difficult to stay for any length of time, as well as the constant change in management over my 2 months working for – more... this company. – less
Amazing and friendly company
Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 2, 2014
Nice people, one of the most functional groups I've seen. Pleasure to be around all the people there.
Fun and high paced
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONMay 1, 2014
There is always something to do at dollarama. the employees are great and its a super fun job
busy retail
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Kingston OntApril 29, 2014
Although I enjoyed working here was a temp position unknown to me was let go Dec due to lack of work.
I enjoy working with the emplyees and the local customers.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 23, 2014
I see our local and regulars people. I enjoy talking to them. They seem like family because you see them all the time.
Its a high pace witch I love. The people I work with and for are kind and tell us we are doing a good job. Very positive.
good environment
Cashier / Customer service (Former Employee), ajax, ONApril 22, 2014
A typical day at work was, facing lanes. and cashing people out.
i loved the people i worked with, we always worked as a team.
working there wasn't hard at all, i enjoyed every little bit of it!
Amazing comapny
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), mississaugaApril 20, 2014
steady schedules
very fast pace
great managers and team to work with
over worked
Manager (Current Employee), edmontonApril 10, 2014
Pros: decent wages
Cons: long hours
Competitive market, hard to maintain a proper work/ life balance.
Enjoy working in a past faced environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), WinnipegApril 4, 2014
Everyday is a busy day, since its business is retail. I've learned how to make use of POS terminal, assists customer in their needs. Enjoy working in a past faced environment and deals with a different kind of people.

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more

Dollarama Photos