Dollarama Employee Reviews in Canada

meh
Cashier/Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONApril 30, 2016
not good district mangament awesome employees. the district managment pick favourites they pick on people the managment is not understanding
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Key Holder/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 29, 2016
A typical day at work was a great day. I really enjoyed working for the company. I learned cashier, stalking shelves, getting a deposit ready, doing a deposit, open and close the store, deal with customer complaints, deal with co-workers complaints, answering the phone and communicate with head office. I enjoyed working with the management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to take care of everything at once, but I learned that I had to do one thing at a time to get the job done right. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and customers.
Great co workers and mangment
Key Holder/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 29, 2016
It was always a happy place to work, I learned how to be a leader and team member. How to do bank deposits, prepare the deposits, stalking shelves, cashier, counts, receiving, handling customer complaints, handling employees complaints, shipping and receiving . Management was great. I loved working with my co workers they made the work place a great place to work. The hardest part was to get the deposit ready quickly manner, but after time I have accomplished to do it in a fashionably manner. I really enjoyed working with my co workers
Great work place as a beginner
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 27, 2016
As a beginner, Dollaroma was a great work place for me. I worked without stress and flexible hours, peers were friendly and the management was great. I learned how to deal with different types of customer at Dollarama. They game me part time schedule, and I got low minimum wages. I had been worked there eleven months. I was able to handle customer complaints every day and it taught me to be more patient. Dealing and talking to customers was one of the most enjoyable parts of my job.
Pros
Dealing and talking to customers was one of the most enjoyable parts of my job.
Cons
They game me part time schedule, and I got low minimum wages.
I am enjoying my job at Dollarama. All my co-workers are very friendly.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 26, 2016
I have become an active team player. and now i have these skills during my job at Dollarama;-
• Commitment to providing effective customer service.
• Energetic, and passionate about work.
• Effective verbal, and communication skills.
• Self-motivated with problem solving, and organization skills.
• Friendly behavior.
• Good listener.
• Innovative.
• Time management skills.
Pros
Employees benefits, Vacation plan, pension etc
Cons
limited hours for employees.
Best store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 25, 2016
Best place to shop in reasonable price. Its really good for people new to Canada. Everyone loves buying good stuff with reasonable price.
Organized and good team work
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABApril 25, 2016
Continuous learning daily. Fun and friendly staff who work well as a team together to get the job done. A typical day at Dollarama , is very fast paced with stocking, customer service and cashiering all rolled into one. The store Manager is an awesome person with good work ethics.
not somewhere i want to continue working at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gander, NLApril 23, 2016
co-workers are rude. i liked working with customers and i love being a cashier but the workers are bullies and so are the managers
Average
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONApril 22, 2016
Typical days involve breaking skids and merchandising products, providing customer service and handling all money procedures.
Good place to work for a starter job
Cashier and Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONApril 20, 2016
a great place to work as a beginner, low stress and flexible hours, peers were friendly and the management was great. Cons to working here were not a lot of hours were given to part time, went 2 weeks with no shifts during july.
Fun place to work
Cashier and Stock (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 19, 2016
My experience at Dollarama was awesome, I made great friends and it was pretty laid back. I learned how to deal with cash and stock and general customer services.
Productive environment with lots of opportunities
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ONApril 18, 2016
My experience at the Dollarstore was very professional. I learnt how to work a cash and manage money in different ways. I worked with friends from school since i was attending High School when i worked there and my manager was very friendly. I didn't really like the closing shifts as i was there late and had school the next morning. My favourite part was interacting with customers and meeting new people. I usually worked 3:30-9 after school and if it was a closing shift i was there till 9:45-10.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Sometimes inadequate working environment.
Cahier Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 18, 2016
My co-workers were really nice to get along with, good team members and skill builders. Management weren't always the best to get along with at times. I learned different techniques at my various jobs over the past few years: i.e. introducing customers to new products at Dollarama, putting up and taking down of various displays.
Pros
Paid vacation at Dollarama, gift cards for Dollarama at Christmas
Cons
Sometimes long hours, especially if you're not prepared for it and they ask for me to stay beyond my scheduled shift.
Fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 18, 2016
The best part of the job was working as a team, and being able to work with the public and met different people and try and help meet their needs
Over all its a good company to star
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 14, 2016
Start my work with a meting with my manager, then merchandising, mid of shift cash out cashiers.open and close store. Learned lost of things . Management and co-workers are very friendly .
Dollarama
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MBApril 14, 2016
It's not a horrible place to work if you're looking to work only one or two shifts a week due to horrible hour cuts. A typical day at work can either be really slow or really busy, usually the busiest time is around the holidays. I learned how to close shop, how to open shop, and how to stock properly. Management there has recently changed which hasn't been a bad thing unless it comes to the hours that employees receive.
Pros
The employees
Cons
Everything else
employees are easy to talk to, work environment can get busy
Merchandiser and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
during my time at Dollarama I have learned how to work on cashier, merchandise for a short period of time and how to communicate with workers older then I am. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Dollarama
Merchandising and stocking (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 9, 2016
Dollarama, is a very fast paced. The management team that I had was great. I have worked with alot of people. But you have to have the ability to consistently lift 30-50 pound boxes for hours. My back isn't up for it anymore.
Pros
caring company
Cons
long hours, small pay
poor pay, with head office micro managing
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ONApril 9, 2016
work life balance is not good here, minimum wage job with head office micro managing, we lost a good manager due to politics, now is a good time to apply for a job here as their will be lots of rotation going on. i received 3 raises when i was here.. and twice the minimum wage surpassed my wages. soo i'm back to square one
Pros
it's a job
Cons
bad morale
excellent co-workers
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 7, 2016
It was a very productive and easy going job, was surrounded by lots of friendly co-workers and customers. Great environment to work in. I learned lots about being a cashier/merchandiser, and working in a fast paced work area. it was tough to keep up with merchandise at times because we had so many skids coming in at once, but wasn't to hard to catch up on.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Poor Management