Dollarama

Dollarama Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work, great people.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), ottawa ontarioMarch 17, 2014
Pros: getting to see what new products were out.
Cons: not getting enough hours, and the store closing.
Every morning I would punch in, go into the "warehouse" and grab a dolly of boxes to be put onto the shelves. I was taught how to "face" an isle. I was taught to work a cash register. And how to properly stock a shelf. The management team was great.
Hardest part of the job was only when I first started. Getting to know everything at once. Most enjoyable – more... part was working on the floor, dealing with customers and being first to see what new products were coming out. – less
Strict
Cashier (Former Employee), winnipeg, mbMarch 13, 2014
Cons: long hours, horrible customers
our dollarama is one of the best in the city. our manager is very strict and gets mad at you for anything but runs the place well. I hate my supervisors except for one. the customers always complain and mess up the store so much that you sometimes have to clean two hours after close... the hours such and if youre a cashier youre standing your whole – more... shift. – less
Fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 12, 2014
Pros: paid 15 minute breaks for every 4-5 hours worked
Cons: must take a lunch break
The staff there is very friendly and funny. The most enjoyable part of the day is being on cash. I learned what it feels like to put in a hard days work. My co-workers are amazing, everyone there is great.
Very nice envirmonent, friendly staff, great store
Cashier, Stocker (Current) (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecMarch 10, 2014
Pros: great enviroment, friendly staff
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work is being at the cash for most of the time, I serve on 2 cashes at the same time, helping 2 customers at a time.
When customers are not around I stack up gums, lighters, batteries, lollipops, chocolate, replace bags, sweep, basically tasks around all 6 cashes.
A typical day at work
Part Time Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: meeting good people
Cons: shot notice for shift attendance
A typical day at work in dollarama consists of us setting up cash and cleaning the store first thing in the morning, making sure nothing out of place. once the store opens if your on cash you stalk the gum and chocolates. we write up damages and dispose of them, when all that is done we refill the coolers and glasses, then we just assist customers. – more... ringing in purchases and bagging them.
if your working on the floor, you stock the shelves and hooks, lift relatively heavy things, organize the back room.

the most enjoyable part of the job for me was conversing with the customers, and im just happy to work in general. – less
fun place to work
Supervisor/Key holder (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMarch 3, 2014
-arrive early, leave late
-co-workers easy to work with
-supervisors always there to assist with questions
-I loved organizing the shelves, stocking and cleaning
Physical work, not so good salary.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 2, 2014
Yes, the job is very physical and you'll find yourself hauling boxes all day.

And you'll do it for close to minimum wage.
A great place to work for part time students.
cashier/aisle owner (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: not many hours from january-june
Worked at dollarama for a year and a half as a cashier and Aisle owner, must say it was the best part time job ive had, it can get very old very fast if you work a lot of hours.
work was easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: easy
Cons: bad hours
the people were friendly and the store was clean. the hours were never consistent and the pay wasn't good.
only good for a first job
part-time cashier (Former Employee), dartmouth nova scotiaFebruary 19, 2014
very crowded and busy. customers are sloppy. its not very organized. management is all over the place. very little hours and very little pay.
not very fun, didnt fit in
Key Holder (Former Employee), Terrace, BCFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: good brakes
Cons: not very fun people
getting treated badly, defiantly learned a lot working wise, my co-workers were not very nice.
A great place to interact with customers and gain more communication skills
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 18, 2014
-being as a cashier i have learned a better way to communicate and improved my customer service skills
-i have also experienced merchandising skills while working in the aisles
-comfortable working environment, a good work relation with all the co-workers
-the difficult part is handling the boxes on daily basis and properly set them in the stock room – more... and constantly moving up and down on the ladder
- what i enjoy the most is providing our customers a better service and help them out with anything they need – less
customers are number one priority for me
Key Holder (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 15, 2014
it's great to work there, trying to help the customers, trying to get your stock out, dealing with customer service providing them with our policy.
My days at work
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2014
My typical day at work is stand by the cash register all day till my shift is over. All I learned was to be on Cash. The management is new just stated. My co-workers don't even talk to me to actually get to know me expect for two of them. My hardest part of the job was when I first learn to work on cash and when I tried to stock stuff on the shelf's. – more... Not really liking it plus I hardly get any hours now ever since I got a new Manger. – less
Dallarama
Cashier (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: indoors in winters
Cons: no hours
Im a cashier I don't do much or get hours. I learn how to count money and use the Machine. my co worker are nice and friendly. The hardest part is just standing there behind the register for 5 hours. theres is no enjoyable part working there.

i just need to make money for collage over the summer months.
Busy place to work
Merchandiser/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: interesting customers
Cons: long hours
Dollarama was a busy place to work with long hours, however you got to meet the most interesting people there.
Fun workplace during busy business season
Key Holder (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 5, 2014
Cons: unstable hours
A typical day at work as a keyholder consisted of supervising associates, managing the back safe and all of the cash registers. Also maintaining store cleanliness and merchandise presentation was a must. Having expertise of store policy was also required for customer returns and exchanges.
Cashier
Customer service (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: social interaction
Worked with fellow employees, help with multiple tasks assigned. Great teamwork, equal spread of leadership
horrible workplace
Stocker, keyholder (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 4, 2014
Cons: rumours, anti social
low salary, walking on eggshells all the time, rumours and gossip from older employees about the younger ones. a negative environment all together.
laid back but busy environment
Full Time Stock Personnel/Key Holder Days (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 3, 2014
open the store count cash
trained for an isle within the first 6 months of being a part time employee

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more

Dollarama Photos