Dollarama

Dollarama Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced, Labor intense
Supervisor/Keyholder (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCDecember 5, 2014
This was a fun place to work, but very hard on my back as I have an existing injury and medical problems in my spine. The Management was NOT in my opinion trained to be operating her own store and as a result many employees left due to poor treatment and a serious LACK of Management skills in order to properly run this place of business.
Productive, fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), LondonDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good work environment
A typical day at work would involve me coming into work about 15 minutes early, going into the back room and getting ready for my shift. I would then check the schedule and determine which aisles were under my responsibility and start facing my aisles. Some days I would be on 1st cash, and be the cashier for my entire shift, which I enjoyed. The employees were very enjoyable, and professional.
Productive work area
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 3, 2014
Independent work place with fast pace production. Gained basic knowledge on working with mechanical and electrical triggers. The management and co-workers are cooperative and generous. There's no specific hard parts about job.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Prince George, BCDecember 3, 2014
Fun place to work, met lots of interesting people. Constantly jumped between working merchandise and running till
One of the best jobs
Cashier (Former Employee), Sherwood park, ABDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great people, good pay for my age back then, and great management
Cons: bullied by older lady
I was asked multiple times to become a key holder which i had to decline because I felt like I was too young for that type of position. I loved working there. I honestly have nothing bad to say about it. I only left because at the end i was getting bullied by one of the older ladies.
Scotiabank is one job that is unforgettable
Merchandiser/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 27, 2014
Pros: great pay at that time
Cons: long hours
The typical day at work was great, enjoyed working with administration and networking. Troubleshooting issues with computer was fun and was a challenge sometimes but i always loved to learn new things.
Co-workers were older then i was at the time but they were very knowledgeable and very helpful.
The hardest part of this job was leaving work, but i was only at highschool at the time and also it was only for summer position.
Friendly, well - organized , team - oriented company who live up to the standards and expectations.
Cashier and Merchandiser (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 22, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and effort to work together and come one as a whole.
Cons: low hourly wage.
When i arrive Typically on a work day at Dollarama, there is the daily shipment of products that are to be put out placed in my assigned aisle (Glassware & Plastics). Before beginning to stalk the shelves you have to do you're inventory counts and ensure any missing products match up with the damaged products reported. I then start unpacking products and organizing them on the shelves, while being on-call as a cashier when line - ups rise to provide fast service for the customers. Following unpacking the last products shipped, you then look in the backroom inventory and fill any products you can. While merchandising i learnt how to view a vision in my mind on how to organize and set up displays in the best and most clear way possible to make it easier on customers while searching for a product. The management and Co-workers at dollarama are what i would explain to be the best possible fit. Everyone is friendly, have great work ethic, help others even without being asked and as a team we exceed the standards ad expectations. The most enjoyable part of this job is working in a people - oriented environment and there are always new challenges you can begin to take on. The hardest part of the job is the at times requirement for heavy lifting while merchandising.
fun workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee), thorhillNovember 19, 2014
co workers are very nice
great management
busy but worth it
learned how to organize things
fast passed and fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Regina, SKNovember 19, 2014
the job was fun, love customer service. if the customer is happy so am i.
Dollarama is the best job for a starter
Customer Service and Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 18, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: heavy lifting of boxes
You immediately learn skills on hand, such as;

- merchandising and stocking products by their code name and number

- Using the cashier register and handling with customers

The most enjoyable part of the job is everyone is friendly and they work together to help each other make the job task more efficient
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary ABNovember 15, 2014
Dollarama was a very fun place to be apart of in which I was able to help out and learn many things. The management was great, everyone was very helpful if you ever needed some help with anything. The most difficult part of the job was having to deal with some costumers. which in all cases some costumers are not always to pleasant but as a team member you deal with it. I really enjoyed going to work and seeing all my co-workers.
Productive and fun
Key Holder/ Stock Clerk (Former Employee), North Bay ONNovember 12, 2014
Pros: do your own job
Cons: can get busy and overwhelming
Great hours.
Friendly environment
Simple tasks
Very Busy
Always something to do
responsble for night shift (5 empoyes)
key holder (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 12, 2014
Productive and responsible work team person. I was responsible for the night shift .When the manager come at the morning the store must be ready for biasness.
This job was good.
Temp/Reno Staff (Former Employee), Port Hope, ONNovember 11, 2014
I enjoyed this job, but was found ineligible for continued employment once the new store was assembled. very shrewd judgment to work hard and stay on staff.
Productive and fun working environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton ,OntarioNovember 11, 2014
Working at Dollarama you have to mange multiple tasks and have great customer service skills.
Retail
Manager-Arlene Woermann (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 11, 2014
Retail Cashier
Worked cash, did stock
Not enough hours
Nice co-workers
I've met some wonderful people.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), London,onNovember 10, 2014
Pros: it's mostly days and every other weekend off.
Cons: training could be better.
It;s a full day for sure. I like the fact that every day is different. My job includes everything from doing cash to going into the office and doing paperwork. I mostly enjoy interacting with the customers and helping them out.
Fun Place To Work.
Store Team Member (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 9, 2014
Very Fun Place To Work-new stock would come in for the next holiday and we would wear the decor,like wigs for St. Patricks day, or masks for halloween. I found it to be a very fun and constructive place to work.
I met a variety of people working at dollarama because i was sent to many locations for many different things such as inventory and store set up, I was offered a key holder position but because of location I couldnt except.
Great first time job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Miramichi, NBNovember 8, 2014
Pros: great hours
Co-workers were amazingly friendly; but the district manager was somewhat intimidating, which was to be expected.
The hours were amazingly flexible and worked around school events and graduation events.
Always being on cash with every shift was very hard on the back and feet, and I was never placed on the floor for stocking shelves when it was requested. Hours were changed almost daily; one has to call in daily to know of the next shift.

When the Dollarama was closing in the Miramichi Mall, we received a cake from the Superstore on the other side of the mall that read "Thank You". This was really great!
productive and fun
Cashier (Current Employee), Aurora, ONNovember 6, 2014
I love working at Dollarama, My typical day at work would be either being a cashier or on floor. I don't have a problem with any employees i haven learned many things such as dealing with the cash register and if any customers have any problems or concerns how to deal with it and make sure they got the help they needed. The hardest part with this job was stock and reading labels and where stuff went but i enjoy working with everyone they are such nice friendly employees.

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more