Dollarama

Dollarama Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun work place, a very understanding manager.
CASHIER (Current Employee), Yorkton, SaskatchewanMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free food, awsome co-workers
Cons: Not enough hours, always sutting hours.
A fun work place, free donuts sometimes, free pizza sometimes, wonderful people work there. Just not enough hours as the head office is always cutting hours temporarily and it just is not fair.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), 3730 Lake Shore Blvd W, Etobicoke, ON M8W 1N6May 13, 2015
Dollarama was a brand new store, I had to help set up the new store. Some of the roles were: restocked, cleaned and cashier.
Productive and fun workplace
Stocking product, cashier (Former Employee), Vernon, BCMay 12, 2015
At Dollarama, you are working hard in a fast paced environment. It's a lot of work but the coworkers there are wonderful. They are understanding, and very helpful. They are very hard working individuals. They helped me learn how to operate a till and assist customers in a timely yet friendly fashion.

The hardest part would be the fast pace but the best part is working with so many great people and meeting new people every day.
Loved it !!!
Excellent customer service (Former Employee), Trail, BCMay 10, 2015
It was a Great environment to work in and communicate with people.
I had all Good co-workers, who helped with training and helped with understanding daily routine.
Dalloramma saskatoon
Main Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 7, 2015
At Dalloramma as the main cashier I ensured customers found what they were looking for as well as always making sure they have a great day.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Wallaceburg, ONMay 7, 2015
I would come in and take the boxes off the palette and put it on the cart for my aisle and then go to my aisle on appropriate hangers. I would occasionally get called to relieve the cashier when there is more than 4 people in line or when they went on lunch. I would drop money for every $100 I made. I helped people in the store find things.
Positive work environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 6, 2015
Developed accuracy and numeric skills in completing bank deposits
Strengthened customer service skills by helping and serving customers
Strengthened accountability and mathematical skills in operating the cash register
key holder/sales associate (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEMay 6, 2015
fun place to work..cleaned condos and enjoyed the fun loving enviroment that donna provided..made cleaning fun..would love to work for her again if she ever starts to clean again
It is an enjoyable workplace with nice and helpful co-workers.
Store Associate (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 5, 2015
Working at Dollarama is fun. I enjoy communicating and assisting different people. Standing for longer hours is tiring but giving a pleasant smile to customers and a smile back from them makes my day. I learned that working a blue-collar job is really hard physically as I need to lift heavy boxes but as long as I am enjoying what I am doing, I don’t feel bored and tired.
I love working at Dollarama :)
Cashier/Stock/Stock Room Cleaner (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: Christmas bonus in store credit cards, being very sociable
Cons: Not enough hours
Everyday that I work at Dollarama I go home happy. I love saving money, and getting a good products, so when I help people do the same I enjoy the feeling. The typical day that I have while I have worked at this establishment would be coming in a half hour early to look at my duties for the day, who I will be working with, my positions that I will be on( Cleaning certain isles or areas of the store/ what cash register I will be using)

Some of the things that I have learned while at Dollarama are; better teamwork skills, working in a fast environment(bagging a large order)
front facing and rotating products.
My management is amazing, always flexible with hours and understanding with my college schedule.

Co-workers were very accepting towards me when I first started working at the location. All very mature and welcoming towards me.

The hardest part about my job is usually around Christmas season. Everyone is hectic and sometimes verbal towards me, other employees and even sometimes other customers due to miscommunication on occasion.

Like I stated before, I love my job because I help people save money.
Fast paced but fun work atmosphere
Cashier/floor (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 1, 2015
The management is very easy to get along with and shows you what needs to be done and helps you t understand the requirements needed from head office
Horrible company
Keyhold (Current Employee), OntarioApril 30, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: WORK EVERY WEEKEND
I have been at Dollarama for 3 years as a key holder and the employees I am suppose to manage make more money than us,the company will not pay key holders more than the people we manage and run the store. The management is horrible at my store and only their favourites get days off and the hours they want to work without working weekends everyone else get shafted. I am currently looking for better employment anywhere else.
Dull workplace
Assisting Customers (Former Employee), Calgary ABApril 30, 2015
I didnt enjoy working here. I found that management abused their powers and it was extremely drama filled with the employees and management never did anything about it. They were not over worried about your well being and I never really felt like anyone in that place really cared about me.
hard-working and easy-going workplace
Cashier / General Worker (Former Employee), Windsor, OntarioApril 29, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers, helpful management
Cons: long hours, repetitive work like carrying boxes
Working for Dollarama was a wonderful experience. I couldn't wait to get to work everyday and start helping out. Everyone was really nice and especially helpful. It was a relatively easy yet rewarding job. I would have stayed there forever had it not been a temporary gig.
Average workplace
Team Member (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2015
Pros: Breaks are paid when working on nights (10pm-5am)
Cons: Can't get full-time. Averaging 24 - 32 hrs a week.
Dollarama at WEM is a busy store. You need to do stocks while you have to assist on cash registers. Teamwork and flexibility is a must on this kind of environment. Hardest part of the job is when you're not able to finish your stocking due to busy cashing. Lastly, being able to provide great customer service and seeing them happy is fulfilling.
Cashier (Current Employee), Charlottetown, PEApril 23, 2015
I really like the store I work at and the people I work with. The hardest thing about the job is I have a bad back and stocking shelves really sucks for me. The best part is having team member who are fun to work with. Just wish I could get full time hours.
Productive and fun workplace
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), st catharinesApril 22, 2015
Dollarama is a place where you definately have to multi task. A typical day includes, inventory counts, cash balancing, stocking shelves, training new employees, scheduling, payroll, filing and clerical work, dealing with vendors, as well as customer concerns or complaints. The company is a good company to work for.
Productive work place
Cashier, stocking, cleaning (Current Employee), Sydney River, NSApril 21, 2015
* Same review as other Dollarama option*

- Great place to work
- Awesome Employees and management
- Flexible hours

Very productive place to work, always something to do.

Stocking isles, cleaning isles, or being on cash. In a run of a shift i do all 3 of these. Also I complete a task chart every shift.
cashier/stocking/keyholder
Cashier (Former Employee), mississaugaApril 20, 2015
Pros: christmas dinner
Cons: short hours
on a regular shift i would cash out customers
had my own aisle that needed inventory put on shelves
balanced tills after or before my shifts
There's never a dull moment here.
Supervisor (Current Employee), SSMApril 20, 2015
As a supervisor I am responsible fro the whole store when the manager is absent. During that time I have many tasks to complete. There's always something to do, weather I am helping out on cash, reorganizing, doing my paperwork or talking to a concerned customer I am always busy. On a typical night there is stock to be taken down from the skid and organize; the pop coolers are to be filled, all the isles cleaned and faced, and returns organize/ put away. I could go on for hours of all the little things that are done in a shift, but most of all we organize the store and keep it clean.

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more