Dollarama Employee Reviews

Found 1,323 reviews matching the search
Productive and a fun workplace with friendly co-workers and customers
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 August 2017
Productive and friendly environment with many returning customers. Created a family environment around the area and very safe. Work days consisted of restocking and rearranging aisles, cashing out customers and payroll/paperworks at the end of the day. I learned how well to manage my time, work with various customers and co-workers, attained problem-solving skills and self-confidence.
Management could have been better but they were constantly trying to improve which made me continue to want to work for that location. The most enjoyable part of the job was during holiday seasons. Line ups were long with many customers shopping for their loved ones and sharing their charity stories. Felt nice to be able to help them for a good cause.
Pros
Christmas dinner with co-workers
Cons
Very short break times, especially for Managers and key holders
Fast paced work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 August 2017
Cash and stock. Price changes, inventory and merchandising. Very fast paced. Long hours. Communication with customers and customer service. Great place to work although minimal hours.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Minimal hours
Fun place to work
Cashier and freight (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 August 2017
Steady work hours. Fun people to work with. Good work environment. Great customers, developed good customer service experience. Was happy to come into work everyday.
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 August 2017
Too much expectation and never enough time for everything to get done. Not enough staff to cover huge lines of customers. Enjoyed working with customers though
Fast-paced
keyholder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2017
Always busy, always work to be done. Fast paced environment. Promoted quickly and given great responsibilities and respect from management. I loved working there.
Pros
hours
management is selfish
Cashier/Customer Service/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON2 August 2017
hired 35 new people to open a store along with transfers from other locations and only kept 13!!! clearly they do not value human beings and they will use you for the short amount of time they need you. would not recommend applying. its a joke
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Not a bad starting job just got tiring quick
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trail, BC2 August 2017
Only work at dollarama 3 months not a lot to complain about; pretty decent job to start at but it will get tedious quick. My only complaint was they needed more staff to get product out quicker.
Not for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 July 2017
Dollarama as a company is great. My personal experience has not been favorable but that was just my store. Long hours, busy store, lots of stock and not enough hours.
bad place
Cashier and Stock (Former Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON27 July 2017
the management was very rude and inconsiderate of others and i felt like i was being verbally attacked by many of the other workers. it was a negative experience
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2017
I worked for Dollarama for about 7 years.
This is the longest I have ever worked for in a company. I enjoyed working here and growing at this company. Dollarama was the company that gave me a chance to work in the management position and opened doors for me afterwards. It was great learning and building myself as a team leader. Working there really benefitted me to become a great all around worker. Hardest part of working at Dollarama was the constant disrespect from customers because they feel that Dollarama was a "just a cheap store" that even the employees should be treated as such. Other than that, I enjoyed building relationships with plenty of customers who lived in the area and religiously came to the store.
Pros
Cheap products to buy from instantly, flexible hours
Cons
disrespect from customers, no room to grow
dollarama
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 July 2017
dollarama was a great place, it was very multicultured had an awesome time with staff! i worked mostly in the cashier area open till close, there wasnt very challenges i faced.
Dollaram
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 July 2017
Good place to work for students, easy going environment. Management usually offers a pretty flexible schedule. Hours always available if you need them.
Pros
Cash experience and customer service experience
Cons
Can be slow at times (depends on location)
productive place to work
Cashier and Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 July 2017
to work at dollarama a person should be multitasker and fast. because everything in the store is maximum of 4 dollars so this store is always busy. for a cashier the most important thing is to ensure that line ups at the counter should move as fast as possible.
Pros
good shifts and breaks
Cons
return policy
Productive and fun work place
Dollarama (Cashier) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 July 2017
I enjoy working at Dollarama because the atmosphere is very welcoming. This job also gives flexible hours which is very beneficial since I do go to University. From working at Dollarama I learned how to work with various types of people and how to time manage myself.
Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON19 July 2017
Good place of employment... sometimes over worked because of budget extra hours are not given..full time is only 25 hours per week...hard to fill aisles and be management with 5-6 hour shifts...
Pros
Benefits ehen full time
Cons
Not enough hours given
Productive workplace with very nice staff
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON19 July 2017
Everyone at Dollarama has a great attitude including the manager when I worked there. Everyone got along very well and was able to complete tasks that they were given. After working there for a year, the only reason I left was due to school.
A second family.
Cashier / Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2017
With the right management , working here was a great experience. I learned the beginning of ensuring great customer service from here. Merchandising ensure the standards were kept and maintain.
Job work and Life balance
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 July 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with because they are friendly and we help each other in our daily activities. The customer we meet everyday and customer service we provided is something we always look forward to help each of them.
Very productive, continuous learning
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Listowel, ON17 July 2017
A good place to work. Great team environment. Continuous learning.
Dollarama being an evolving Corporation, always learning new techniques, implementing new policies and procedures.
Great watching the store grow, rising above their sales expectations.
Overall a good company.
Pros
having a great team environment, motivation to always succeed.
Cons
a lot of hours
Wouldn't recommend
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario17 July 2017
This is a great job for students or retirees. I wouldn't recommend for anyone in between. Management puts a lot of pressure and blame on us little people. The pay is way too small for the amount of work that is required. Things are constantly changing which makes it next to impossible to catch up especially after returning from a day off.
Pros
Shift goes by fast
Cons
Terrible pay, long hours, impossible expectations, mixed signals from management, etc etc etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollarama. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8