Dollarama

Dollarama Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dollarama
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 15, 2015
Dollarama is a very safe company to work at. I learned how to restock, use the cashier,and to communicate with costumers with well mannered way.
Hard work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 14, 2015
Cons: Not a permanent schedule, working hours are not regular
The Dollarama at Harbor centre is the busiest store among all the other branches. You get to deal with a few aggressive customers in a typical day of work. I have experienced it very often that while it gets busy at the cash counters, the customers start getting impatient to wait in long line ups. Sometimes they just start yelling at the cashiers that you should have more people working at cash tills etc. My best thing is that I always stay calm during those bad times and try my best to cool down the customers by being so polite.
Had a lunch table
Part-Time Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 14, 2015
Dollarama was one of my first real jobs. The salary was lower, however the work was easy and not to demanding. Overall my experience went well and was happy to work for them.
Customer service experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 12, 2015
Pros: Holiday Parties
Cons: N/A
I learned a lot about customer service at Dollarama. This job taught how to deal with customer from nice to angry. I was also given an opportunity to be the assistant manager for few months , which gave an experience in doing paper work that mangers do as part of their job.
Key Holder
Key Holder (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 12, 2015
The most fun part of my job as a key holder at Dollarama is when i am closing at night. I get to sit and feel out the papers, do and count the deposit.
Second thing that i love doing is when customer come to me and ask me questions, i love helping them. All my co-workers are nice and hard working
Great co-workers
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Management and hours
I have a great co-workers but management is really bad....sometimes I'm not on schedule for a week or just scheduling me for certain hours....
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 8, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: not enough hours
The staff and customers were great to work with as I am a people person. Unfortunately, I can not survive on 15 hours a week. I have worked two part time jobs since finishing college but would prefer to work in one place to give 100 %.
in the life of
Store Manager (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 8, 2015
fast paced
have to be organized
many loss prevention issues on a daily basis
very traffic oriented store
very tight budgeted hours
fun place nice people
keyholder (Former Employee), Squamish, BCOctober 7, 2015
fun place nice people learned new skills and time management I met some new people and I received me first aid level 2. there were 4 keyholders and the gm ...the hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers....the best part I thought was decorating the stoe for the holidays
hardest part was always changing the alias
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONOctober 7, 2015
the people that i worked with was great, it was not really a hard just , just a constants moving items from one place.Then getting that done then some one come up and say that no that's not how you do it. but other then that it was a good learning tool for me. after 8 years i was happy just need something new to boarding my brain for it was going to sleep
good company
Store manager in training (Current Employee), barrieOctober 7, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: long hours
Dollarama is a good company to work for if work life balance is not an issue. It is a physical and time demanding job with ok benefits but not great. Overall it is a good company to work for.
Fast paced environment, lots of grumpy people.
cashier/ customer service assistant (Former Employee), Amherst, NSOctober 7, 2015
Pros: You get to eat the chips in the back if the customers break them open
Cons: Very long hours, all weekend shifts possible, I got them.
Fast paced work environment. Constantly opening and unloading boxes. Running back and forth from cash to your aisle always. People always telling you to put more and more out on the shelves. The entire company is built around making people want to consume everything there is to offer and tricks people by calling it a dollar store. The amount of times I heard someone say "Well I really didnt need any of this but thats just what happens when you come to the dollarstore.. They should call it the 20 dollar store, or the 50 dollar store." is disgusting. Dollarama was not my strong suit thats for sure, and if you dont like grumpy people or shoving corporate product down peoples throats, then I'd say dont work here.
Great people, fun hard working job!
Cashier (Former Employee), alliston, ONOctober 5, 2015
Work was great, it was something I looked forward too everyday. Co workers were incredible. Nice people. I loved working cash and getting to meet all different people. Management needed work, it got too a point where I just didn't want to be there anymore due to how us employees were treated. It was really a shame because it was a great job that had great learning experiences. I made lots of friends.
Not the best working environment
Cashier (Former Employee), brooklinOctober 5, 2015
Management was sloppy
Co-workers back talked
most enjoyable part was going home
just an overall bad working experience
Knowledgeable and friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Not enough hours
Overall my job expierence at Dollarama has been knowledgeable since I learned how to merchandise, deal with customer issues and have been able to solve them and also manage my time wisely.
Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 1, 2015
It was fun to work there despite the time they gave you to finish you work. Each of us had 2 trucks to unload during the day. But sometimes I made 3 trucks. Especially there were many respects between people regardless their position.
Great team work
Customer service (Current Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 1, 2015
Pros: employees
Cons: high expectations for a retail job
There are great people that are hard workers and are willing to help customers when needed. The hardest part is being expected to do more than one person can in the aisles. Working at Dollarama is not as easy as what people would think.
Good Entry level management position
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Coquitlam BCSeptember 25, 2015
The stores location makes all the difference, it is fast paced. The managers are paid by the hour so Overtime is paid which is a nice change. Christmas bonuses for staff and manager bonuses make things a little nicer.
Great people that work there
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: long hours
The attitude of the people that work there are great. Long hours and fast moving makes the day go by fast.Heavy lifting from skids to trollys
productive and was always something to do
Merchandising (Former Employee), MarintimesSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: meals were paid
Cons: 14 days on 4 days off
I have learned how to do everything there is involving the merchandiser world. I have packed trucks, inventory , took stores down and set up stores. management was great and understanding with why things were done certain ways.
Headquarters