Dollarama

Dollarama Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great workplace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Maple, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
Overall, I never had any problems working at Dollarama and enjoyed being there and got along very well with my co-workers.
Busy workplace, focused on good customer service and cares for keeping short lines
Front Desk (Cashier) (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good location
Cons: no employee discount
In a shift, I have direct atention with customers scanning and taking payments. Providing information to customer about products or purchases if required. Keeping organized and clean my work area. Sometimes giving support rotating seasonal merchandise on shelves. Because front-desk is one of the most busy area in the store my co-workers and I help each other if needed and respec for our break times.
Funwork place view
Buyers Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 6, 2015
It is a great Company to work. For the past 5 years it was productive. I established many skills. Management are friendly and helpful. Coworkers also are friendly, it is a great place to spend 8hrs a day. I will give it 4/5 star. Great Company!
Productive and High Volume atomsphere
Key Holder (Former Employee), Southgate EdmontonJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good staff, and communication
Cons: pay was not enough
I really enjoyed my time at Dollarama. It was high paced and I did have alot of Merchandising freedoms. My nights at work were typical in a retail world. On my feet, consistently helping out customers, as well as directing fellow employees in a successful shift. I was not afraid to exercise authority, but I did leaving everyone`s dignity intact. The hardest part of my job was having to let people know that their hours would be cut, as we all know there are a certain amount of hours handed out by companies once a week, and as good and skilled some employees were, cutting hours was hard. But had to be done. Working as a unit is important, and I believe everyone is as good as their management team. And I enjoyed working with my manager at the time. She had a unique and old school way of treating others, which got the job done, and built strong team ethics.
Very harsh managment
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 1, 2015
I worked there for a couple weeks (not judging all the Dollaramas) the manager always smoked in the back, and she was always harsh over the phone with rude tones. They put me on cash my second day of working there without training or any other knowledge, then almost yelled at me for not knowing. In the end I got trained but I really didn't like it there so I quit.
Very good workplace with Opportunity to Grow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 28, 2014
I started almost 3 years ago as a Cashier, Promoted to Keyholder in BC after to Assistant manager in SK. Very nice fast running Business, very good District Managers.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cashier/Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 19, 2014
Generally I start the day at the cash; if it is in the morning I fill the products at the front of the store, if it is the afternoon the store is always very busy and I begin serving customers right away. My co-workers and management team are fantastic, they make working an enjoyable and fun time while also completing the tasks at hand. When I close the store I have to put away all of the misplaced products, mop and sweep and sometimes help the supervisor count at the end of the night.
fun place to work
F/T Cashier (Former Employee), peterborough, ONDecember 17, 2014
in my almost four years working for this company I really enjoyed it, being able to interact with the customers and being able to have fun in a job is something that I like I like working for people that make you feel as though the people I work with is a family not just a job
Productive fun place to work,
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Guelph, ONDecember 16, 2014
Cashing people out
re stocking shelves
overall nice people to work with
manager's are understanding / work with your schedule
DOllarama- not so fun place to work at
Store manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 15, 2014
when i first started working in the company i loved it so much because that company had a heart. The original owners where there and it was amazing. They never paid that great but i didn't mind that part.
Thru years, the owners sold half of the company and it became horrible. No care for employees, we just became numbers...
Underpaid numbers...
Fast paced, enjoyable
Key Holder (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONDecember 10, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: short hours
At Dollarama a typical day includes unloading skids and being a fast paced cashier. Answering customer questions, making suggestions, and showing customers and employees where to find product.
dollarama
CASHIER (Former Employee), new westminster BCDecember 8, 2014
Worked as a cashier always at a fasted pace.stocked shelfs.
Friendly environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: heavy lifting of boxes
You immediately learn skills on hand, such as;

- Merchandising and stocking products by their code name and number

- Using the cashier register and handling with customers

The most enjoyable part of the job is everyone is friendly and they work together to help each other make the job task more efficient
great customer service intercourse
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 6, 2014
Pros: lovely customers, positive atmosthere
Cons: dirty floors/ washrooms, few hours
greeting customers, counting money, providing great customer service.
Great learning experience
Keyholder (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 6, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: stressful
Through my experience working as a Keyholder at Dollarama, I got to work with an excellent team. Each employee contributed in maintaining a positive working environment, under the lead of a great Manager. My manager was always fair when it came to individual workload, assigned tasks, and her expectations. I am very satisfied with my experience.
Fast paced, Labor intense
Supervisor/Keyholder (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCDecember 5, 2014
This was a fun place to work, but very hard on my back as I have an existing injury and medical problems in my spine. The Management was NOT in my opinion trained to be operating her own store and as a result many employees left due to poor treatment and a serious LACK of Management skills in order to properly run this place of business.
Productive, fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), LondonDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good work environment
A typical day at work would involve me coming into work about 15 minutes early, going into the back room and getting ready for my shift. I would then check the schedule and determine which aisles were under my responsibility and start facing my aisles. Some days I would be on 1st cash, and be the cashier for my entire shift, which I enjoyed. The employees were very enjoyable, and professional.
Productive work area
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 3, 2014
Independent work place with fast pace production. Gained basic knowledge on working with mechanical and electrical triggers. The management and co-workers are cooperative and generous. There's no specific hard parts about job.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Prince George, BCDecember 3, 2014
Fun place to work, met lots of interesting people. Constantly jumped between working merchandise and running till
One of the best jobs
Cashier (Former Employee), Sherwood park, ABDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great people, good pay for my age back then, and great management
Cons: bullied by older lady
I was asked multiple times to become a key holder which i had to decline because I felt like I was too young for that type of position. I loved working there. I honestly have nothing bad to say about it. I only left because at the end i was getting bullied by one of the older ladies.

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more