Dollarama Employee Reviews

Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 September 2016
Being able to do just about everything here, from being a cashier, to stocking shelves, to breaking down skids. I learned to do almost everything you can do here. The co-workers are great. Hardest part of working here is trying to stock as much as possible and cleaning the store. No matter what or how much you do there is always more. All you can do is keep moving and get done as much as you can. There are always customers that are not in a good mood and decide that it's your fault so the best thing to do is help them get what they want and help them on their way while keeping a good attitude.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
okay work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ON28 June 2016
Dollarama I find is a good place to work but lacks in areas where change is needed. Dollarama needs to focus on there Salary and benefits as well life balance
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great co workers and mangment
Key Holder/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 April 2016
It was always a happy place to work, I learned how to be a leader and team member. How to do bank deposits, prepare the deposits, stalking shelves, cashier, counts, receiving, handling customer complaints, handling employees complaints, shipping and receiving . Management was great. I loved working with my co workers they made the work place a great place to work. The hardest part was to get the deposit ready quickly manner, but after time I have accomplished to do it in a fashionably manner. I really enjoyed working with my co workers
Fast pace work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE28 October 2016
I would serve customers inside the restaurant and through the drive thru ( taking orders, packaging orders ect.) I would also close cashes and clean store when needed.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Split shifts (long hours)
No training
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 November 2016
I did not receive enough training, so I didn't really know what I was doing. Cashier work was simple enough, but other duties were not explained to me. Basically, I got fired because I was not taught how to do the job.
the management that i have met while working there sucks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC8 August 2016
I did not enjoy my time working at the dollarama. while I was working there management changed often and none of them made any positive changes, though i've only worked at branch 609 and can't speak of the others.
High volume Retail
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 September 2016
Fast paced high volume retail with a focuses on stock and replenishment. There is also a focuses on year over year and making sales goals and controlling labor budgets.
Pros
lots of volume so your day seem short
it was an okay place
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 March 2016
management was pretty biased. some co-workers were friendly others were rude and obnoxious. I was trained on cashier as well as unloading skids and stocking shelfs. hardest part of the job was the long hours.
Pros
close to home
Cons
management wasn't the greatest
Professional environment
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON28 July 2016
Cashier
Customer service skills
Stocked merchandise
Worked through holidays
Generally had the same hours each shift
Management was professional and easy to work with
Co-workers where easy to work with
Pros
Good work schedule
Cons
Change in shifts
Good
Part time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2016
Initially I had experienced some problems. but later, with the help of co-workers I have learned the basics of the job. now I am enjoying the job. Dollarama is one of the bussiest shop in Millwoods town centre. As a cashier I need to be active at all the times.My ability has been praised both by my employer and customers.
Productive environment with lots of opportunities
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ON18 April 2016
My experience at the Dollarstore was very professional. I learnt how to work a cash and manage money in different ways. I worked with friends from school since i was attending High School when i worked there and my manager was very friendly. I didn't really like the closing shifts as i was there late and had school the next morning. My favourite part was interacting with customers and meeting new people. I usually worked 3:30-9 after school and if it was a closing shift i was there till 9:45-10.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Heavy and fast productive place to work
Front Cashier/ Floor worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL22 July 2016
Dollarama is a fast paced place. no time to sit down only on your break, and they maybe 15 mins, or an hr. There is always something to be doing, and that can be either by working on the floor down in an isle by braking a cart apart, and that is by taking merchandise out of the boxes and putting it on the shelf and making sure it is properly blocked in and to make sure that there is no goats or pegs left lying around, making sure product is lined from top to bottom, and also taking count of products. When working on the cash, there is full time being up at the front and serving the customers. it is a face paced but to serve the customers is what is the best thing about being the cash. seeing the customers is what makes your day go faster and making them happy to find to what they are looking for. it will take time out of your schedule, but it will take and make your day so much more fulfilling.
Pros
Great team
Cons
No liquid beverage on the floor or on the cash
Work in a productive and efficient manner
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 August 2016
I work as a cashier for a majority of the time. Occasionally I will help my co-worker stock the shelves and clean the aisle at the end of my shift.
Pros
Helpful Team
Cons
No Benefits
Fun place to work, poorly run
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ON28 February 2016
Learned a ton of information that I did not know
No hours available
Fired multiple staff after new store opened
Uses employees just to set up store
No notice in letting staff go
Do not trust their employees (bag checks, can't ring other people through, can't scan family or friends through etc)
Cons
No hours, no benefits, min wage, no bonus
Loving work environment, felt like home
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS8 August 2016
I loved working at Dollarama, it was probably the best first job id tell anyone to get. Got along well with the coworkers and manager, they made me work hard and made me work for what I want.
Its an okay job has its ups and downs
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
A typical day of work consists of starting your day by breaking daily skids or arriving to work and having your buggy of merchandise ready to be put out for your aisle. Stock and arrange merchandise for your current aisle along with filling out daily count sheets. Assisting the cashier on the cash register when busy. Working evening shifts consist of stocking some boxes and cleaning the store up for the next day.
Loved the job, the managment was terrible
Cashier/ Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2016
I worked there just under a year- earned the position I had and worked really hard for the company.

I loved the coworkers foe the most part- loved being busy and meeting great people.
I have special needs with my availability that were ignored near the end and was told that nothing could be done and I was forced to resign.
Pros
Great customers and made great friends in coworkers
Cons
Hard work for little reward, lack of appreciation
Bad experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 August 2016
Management was so rude and did not communicate well at all, they spoke to other employees about each other and yelled at employees on a regular basis
Pros
Easy work
Cons
bad management
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 August 2016
It was great experience.
Lovely workers and management.
Hours are responsible.
Pay was decent ,could have been better.
Entertaining
Key Holder & Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2016
This business is very fast paced, and the management is friendly. On a typical day the management and co-workers work alongside to ensure customer service and display merchandise for customer's buying habits.

2.8