Dollarama

Dollarama Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
sales clerk
Part-time Cashier /Team Member (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: kept busy
Cons: part-time hours
partime ... it was nice.kept busy when not on cash on floor. most productive was seeing the customers smiling face on their way ou the door
A typical day at work
Commis d'entrepôt (Former Employee), Jean Talon,MontrealFebruary 10, 2015
Every day we work on high pressure because I always get a lot personas.Siempre offer the best services to customers such as helping them get the right products
Good entry level job for first time employment
CASHIER (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
A typical day at work would be attending the cash area and serving customers. Occasionally stocking shelves.
It was my first job so I learned customer server skills and how to work a cash register. Also learned how retail businesses operate.
Management was again not the best. The managers got replaced multiple times over the course of time I worked for them. The key holder or managers assistant was more like the manager.
My co-workers were nice and hard working.
Hardest part of the job was getting used to working because it was my first job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was I was doing something to earn money and it was a learning curve. Also learning new skills and expanding the ones I had.
Great community centered business that pays fair wages
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 7, 2015
The worse thing about this job is thankfully not management nor the job itself, but the customers you have to deal with.

The staff are friendly, the management does it's absolute best to train you with opportunities for training and growth within the company. Plus staff discounts and member benefits!
Wasn't the job for me
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2015
At first it was a nice place to work. I found it very difficult to work with people who don't want to work and are not willing to help out customers. Management was very unprofessional and didnt treat employees properly.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no discounts
Attending customers needs, Processing the cash register, and cleaning store when closed
Fun and great environment
I learned how to deal with customers and how to make them really happy.
Hardest part of the job was carrying all the stock to the store floor, I enjoyed it but the work was tough.
I enjoyed working on cash and talking to different customers.
Short-term and Productive with a friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Seaway MallFebruary 3, 2015
This job had been short term but full of experience. I learned how to use a till, it had bettered my counting skills and showed me what i real job was like, it being my very first actual job. I would be put on the cash as soon as i walked in, when free i would go restock or maintain a clean work area. Co-workers were friendly which made it easy, but i was only there for seasonal work and obtained knowledge about face paced, busy and productive work.
Good starting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, friendly staff
Cons: minimum wage, upper management issues
Staff was fun to be around, very flexible hours, was mainly a cashier but they give you experience in merchandising and warehouse work as well. Upper management however is very disorganized, caters to friends of the company over qualified individuals. Overall its a great job to start out on.
Good starting job
Keyholder & Store Associate (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: helps for future jobs
Cons: week by week scedualing
The people, The work, The life lessons. all were great! this is a kind of job everyone should have. and stuff with things and all that fun stuff
Good team effort
Assistant Manager Sales (Current Employee), Greater Napanee, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: compensation for expectations
Always busy productive days
Team work is very important
Good support from upper management
Hardest part is staying on top of incoming freight with hours given
Enjoy working along side of associates.
work place
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2015
this job is an alright job they make sure ti show you that they look forward ti seeing yiu on days of work and make sure to keep you happy at all times they are fun and out going nananananannaaa nanananana nanannana nanananana
Alright job, people were friendly, store was unorganized and schedule was mixed and matched
Warehouse associate (Former Employee), Westmount Edmonton, ABJanuary 24, 2015
Not very interesting type of work. The location i was working at paid its employees less than what other locations were paying their employees, and the amount of overstock was surreal.
Good as a first job, not so good salary and no benefits.
Cashier (Current Employee), Fort Erie, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly service, great staff, not too stressful
Cons: low pay, barely any hours given
At Dollarama, I cash people out and interact with customers in a friendly manner. I also have to clean the store and make sure the shelves are neat and tidy during closing hours so the store is ready for customers come the next day. My co-workers are all extremely down-to-earth and friendly, and I learned a lot more about the work force in this job. The hardest part of the job has to be how hectic it can be during holidays or peak times of the year, while the most enjoyable is getting to know people and feel like you are part of a team.
great place to work for
Customer Service (Current Employee), sardiis chilliwack bcJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: experience in all areas
Cons: not enough hours
I started here 2yrs ago and love the work and the coworkers. I can honestly say I never thought I would be there for 2 yrs. I wish I could have more hrs and better pay but it is what it is . management is great and location is awesome.
Stress free environment without any advancement
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: stress free
Cons: dreadfully boring
Graphic designer at Dollarama is most definitely the most boring job I've had over the span of my career. The pay is pretty basic without any benefits. The job is completely stress free and you'd have a good life/work balance. It's more of a production work than creative work so if you're looking to put together a portfolio and advance, it's not possible within this company. You have limited creative freedom and the upper management lacks in objective feedback. Nonetheless, it's a good place to start and the art department is managed decently.
Great place to work, but not enough hours.
Floater (Current Employee), woodbridge ontarioJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work starts by throwing some empty boxes in the bin, then reporting to the manager, so that I can get instructions on what to do for the day.
I have learned how stores, have a very fast moving environment, and they are always busy.
My co-workers are great, I have yet to find a co-worker who is rude.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough days/hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working in this job.
calm,productive with great staff
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: i was able to do many tasks which gave me more experiance.
Cons: not enough hours
Loved working there it was a calm yet productive place,staff were great.I would still be there had i been given more hours.
A great workplace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Maple, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
Overall, I never had any problems working at Dollarama and enjoyed being there and got along very well with my co-workers.
Busy workplace, focused on good customer service and cares for keeping short lines
Front Desk (Cashier) (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good location
Cons: no employee discount
In a shift, I have direct atention with customers scanning and taking payments. Providing information to customer about products or purchases if required. Keeping organized and clean my work area. Sometimes giving support rotating seasonal merchandise on shelves. Because front-desk is one of the most busy area in the store my co-workers and I help each other if needed and respec for our break times.
Funwork place view
Buyers Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 6, 2015
It is a great Company to work. For the past 5 years it was productive. I established many skills. Management are friendly and helpful. Coworkers also are friendly, it is a great place to spend 8hrs a day. I will give it 4/5 star. Great Company!

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more