Dollarama Employee Reviews

Found 1,137 reviews matching the search
Fast paced work environment but super fun atmosphere and people
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 April 2017
Working at Dollarama has taught me to work under pressure, it is a great place to work, get to meet so many new people. Management was very professional and kind. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with, everyone was so different but so kind and always willing to help.
Good for people who are just starting out!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 April 2017
I really did like this job, I enjoyed it so much that I stayed for 3 years. The other employees were very kind and welcoming, and the job itself wasn't too difficult. But I decided to quit after realizing that I was getting too comfortable. I planned to keep this job just until I was done highschool, but I ended up staying longer. I like Dollarama, but I don't want it to be my job for life. Though overall it was a great job place where I learned to be more outspoken (I was very shy at first) as well as more communitative with others. Which is a very good skill to obtain.
Pros
Seasonal gifts
Cons
Difficult customers at times
Productive Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON14 April 2017
Super easy job, love working with all the other workers. Customers are sometimes a pain but they are still tolerable. Very understanding staff except for some others.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 April 2017
The few months that I have worked at this store, I have enjoyed interacting with the public.
I got along with the staff and enjoyed working with them.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Retail environment
Part Time (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON14 April 2017
A small yet convenient Dollarama outlet with receptive employees and managers. The pricing is very reasonable and customer service is assistive when searching for a specific product.
Pros
Great pricing
Cons
Changing layout
Fun but confuscing place to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kemptville, ON14 April 2017
Long hours standing at cash, not much training. Fun people to work with easy to get the hang of. Work schedule wasn't put up too far in advance. Fun place to work overall.
Fun
Merchandising Stock (Former Employee) –  Godrich13 April 2017
Was able to put what i know from the years of experience in retail and show new people tricks . able help the new employees they wanted to get the basics
productive and good environment to work.
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 April 2017
Dollarama is one of the leading chain stores in Canada. It is also one of the busiest stores. I worked there as a key holder/supervisor and ran the whole store and mostly did closing shifts, where i had to handle all customer complaints, inquiries, employees and cash handling and closing the store,

It usually got busy at Christmas time where i had long shifts from 12am- 11pm.

The most enjoyable part of the job was handling different customers and learning new things.

It was a good experience and I learned a lot.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
favoritism from the management and wouldn't let you grow within the company
Nice management, long hours and straightforward job
Commis (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 April 2017
Management is nice and flexible. However, at the time of hiring, I said that wanted 25 hours max (I was studying at the same time) and I ended up with 33 hours in average for the 2 first months. The jobs isn't too hard either you work at the cash register or you are placing merchandise on the shelves.
Fun and bussy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary,Alberta,Canada10 April 2017
It is a good job ,wall the time is busy because it have a good price .
I learn so much ,was a great experience.
Is a easy work but it need responsability and good communication skill.
Pros
Organized with lunch schedules
Cons
Few cash machines
great upbeat fast pace work place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS8 April 2017
You like being busy and always doing something. This is the job for you. Never a chance to get bored. Always something to do. Great people and management.
Great place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2017
The co-workers are such a pleasure to work with, the manager knows what she is doing. Excellent way to make money especially if you are attending a school or university especially because the shifts are short and flexible.
Overall nice place
Key holder (Current Employee) –  Kemptville, ON7 April 2017
Overall Dollarama is a nice place to work but it all depends on your store manager. They can make or break your experience working at this facility. There is LOTS of customer service, heavy lifting, independent work, doing the same thing each year as very season is the same every year other than new stock. Ability to maintain a clean work area as well as run a cash system properly. The wages aren't great but for someone looking for temporary work or a student just starting its good. Each season is the store doesn't make more money than last year we dont get as many hours to distribute to the staff, if we make less money thats less hours. Must be able to provide excellent customer service while still promoting business.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
sometimes minimum hours, heavy lifting, low wages
Excellent
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 April 2017
lots of learning opportunity in understanding the complex cases , friendly staff and the cooperative environment to grow in equal opportunity environment .
Nothing out of the ordinary
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 April 2017
You either work at the cash area doing cashier duties or work on the floor putting out stock or organizing. There is usually opportunity for promotion if you show that you are a good worker.
Pros
easy concept
Cons
rarely do you get a chance to sit
Productive, slow at times and a good variety with managing cash and stocking
Part-time cashier and sales associate (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 April 2017
I learned the skills and knowledge required to understand how business works. It is an okay place to work; however, time goes by slow. It is all around an easy job, but very repetitive from day to day.
Pros
Good amount of shifts
Cons
Not very many workers, no discounts, slow
Did not like working here
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2017
Management was rude to me well i was pregnant. I fainted at work well i was pregnant and no one called an ambulance. i was never able to have breaks because there was not enough staff.
good work place
Associate nd cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2017
good company good for starter learn so many thing for retail jobs learn to interact people but no more room for growth according to ur education ur knowledge
Fast paced place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON5 April 2017
Typical day starts with stocking aisles, ensuring on hands and no scans are completed, making sure holes in aisles are filled, receiving freight, breaking down skids, working seasonal, cleaning and front facing aisles, scheduling, time cards, and maintaining/providing efficient customer service.
overall good
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 April 2017
this job was fantastic for me i enjoy over there
i leave this work bcz i was so far from my home so i was unable to go there so i want that my next job could be like that

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollarama. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8