Dollarama

Dollarama Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun working environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton ,OntarioNovember 11, 2014
Working at Dollarama you have to mange multiple tasks and have great customer service skills.
Retail
Manager-Arlene Woermann (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 11, 2014
Retail Cashier
Worked cash, did stock
Not enough hours
Nice co-workers
I've met some wonderful people.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), London,onNovember 10, 2014
Pros: it's mostly days and every other weekend off.
Cons: training could be better.
It;s a full day for sure. I like the fact that every day is different. My job includes everything from doing cash to going into the office and doing paperwork. I mostly enjoy interacting with the customers and helping them out.
Fun Place To Work.
Store Team Member (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 9, 2014
Very Fun Place To Work-new stock would come in for the next holiday and we would wear the decor,like wigs for St. Patricks day, or masks for halloween. I found it to be a very fun and constructive place to work.
I met a variety of people working at dollarama because i was sent to many locations for many different things such as inventory and store set – more... up, I was offered a key holder position but because of location I couldnt except. – less
Great first time job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Miramichi, NBNovember 8, 2014
Pros: great hours
Co-workers were amazingly friendly; but the district manager was somewhat intimidating, which was to be expected.
The hours were amazingly flexible and worked around school events and graduation events.
Always being on cash with every shift was very hard on the back and feet, and I was never placed on the floor for stocking shelves when it was requested. – more... Hours were changed almost daily; one has to call in daily to know of the next shift.

When the Dollarama was closing in the Miramichi Mall, we received a cake from the Superstore on the other side of the mall that read "Thank You". This was really great! – less
productive and fun
Cashier (Current Employee), Aurora, ONNovember 6, 2014
I love working at Dollarama, My typical day at work would be either being a cashier or on floor. I don't have a problem with any employees i haven learned many things such as dealing with the cash register and if any customers have any problems or concerns how to deal with it and make sure they got the help they needed. The hardest part with this job – more... was stock and reading labels and where stuff went but i enjoy working with everyone they are such nice friendly employees. – less
had a great time working there
Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey, BCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: i was able to work the hours i wanted
Cons: having to work every single weekend
I enjoyed working here because it was my first job, so I enjoyed making my own money and worked hard for it.
Extremely busy fast pace
Keyholder (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONNovember 2, 2014
Constantly moving at the store, very busy and high volumed.
General Manager
General Manager/Sales and Recruitment Manager (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 2, 2014
Pros: staff were fantastic
Cons: everything else.
Terrible Pay, very hard work behind doors.

Skidding is tough, lack of systems is tough. Head office not open to suggestions.
Boring job made wonderful by amazing coworkers.
Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 28, 2014
The actual job was mindless and required minimal skill, but the people I worked with made me want to come to work everyday. I made life-long friends while working there.
Dollarama
Stock (Former Employee), Hwy7/ MartinGroveOctober 25, 2014
I loved working at dollarama, my co-workers my manager made you feel welcomed they become very close. There was nothing I didn't like about my job loved stocking and being a cashier
Good for School students
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONOctober 24, 2014
Cons: rude customers
I loved my job at Dollarama. I'd go in, and either open or close the store, and then stand on the first cash for the rest of the day. I learned how to use a cash register and stock shelves neatly.

My managment and co-workers were always very friendly, although sometimes I felt intimidated and was spoken down to by one member of management.

Hardest – more... part about the job was standing around all day, your legs would get tired, sore, and by the end of the night I often found I was miserable.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many wonderful people. – less
Working at Dollarama
Stocks person & Cash Register (Former Employee), Harbour Landing ReginaOctober 23, 2014
I thought it was a pretty decent job.
i've learnt alot with co-workers & mangers
the hardest was stocking high things and being a short person
Happy environment, customer service skills a must
Cashier/Floor worker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2014
A productive workplace, with a friendly atmosphere. The customers can be difficult to work with at times, but nothing a little experience in customer service can't resolve.
at work
Cashier/Merchandiser/breaking skids (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 16, 2014
Pros: good co workers
Cons: bad management
my job was easy, not complicated at all, great co workers just not good management
Great Workplace Atmosphere
Cashier/Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: low pay
As of late a typical day goes a little like this:

After I clock in I break down a few skids, maybe put out some stock and if we're busy maybe I'll be a backup cashier.
Overall I liked the job
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 13, 2014
I enjoyed this job the most because I liked all aspects of the job but the location closed down. I was a cashier and dealt with customers and handled money. They provided flexible hours and would work around me.
A great friendly atmosphere with a great team of people to work with.
Former Cashier and Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Pickering, ONOctober 13, 2014
Pros: easy tasks, positive reinforcement was always given out, great group of people to work with, etc.
Cons: long hours, always on your feet, there was always something to fix and do, lunch was short, etc.
My experience with working at Dollarama was amazing. I worked with great enthusiastic, welcoming, social, group of employees. Everyone was always willing to help each other and our customers. We always had people coming back giving compliments and motivation to keep working harder and better. There is nothing I can complain about working at Dollarama.
Hard working and fun environment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Simcoe, ONOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: not enough hours
Amazing co-workers to work with that are willing to help if you have any questions.
fast pace and rewarding!
Store Manager (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: low wages
an exciting and rewarding place to work. they lack some essential standards and tools to get your job done efficiently but it looks like they're headed in the right direction.

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more