Dollarama Employee Reviews

Found 1,070 reviews matching the search
Do not work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 March 2017
Store was constantly crowded with overstock, storage space was always full. Bad management, no security cameras. No benefits but M-F shifts were nice.
Pros
Monday to Friday shifts
Cons
Only part time available, a lady got a raise of only 20c after working there for 3 years, disorganized, messy, everyone being moved to receiving, to cash or another aisle on a daily basis.
Productive and enjoyable work place
Aisle-owner/Stock associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
Working at Dollarama, I learned to be self-sufficient, to judge my work properly and accurately. That when Do not know something to ask many questions and retain the many answers. That management is always there to help and support as long as you do what you need to do and give 100%.The hardest thing about working there was that the hours varied but other than that it was challenging and my capacity for knowledge grew exponentially. My co-workers made my time there vey enjoyable and I learned from the many different people
Pros
Good management
Cons
Lack of hours
A wonderful introduction to the working world
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 March 2017
My first job was with this company and I was with them for 8 years. This company taught a lot about myself and what hard work entails. I was able to work in all aspects for this company, from cashier, to stock to customer service, receiving and shipping and eventually Key Holder.
No good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan6 March 2017
Job at first was good to me, now it no good, being taken advantage of. Hours were good at first but as soon as they know you are able to push freight out really fast they start giving you less hours to put your freight out. You would think if you can work your butt off you think you would get more hours. No job security at all, even being designated as an Assistant Manager in a small store, they consider 25 hours a week full time hours. Anywhere else considers full time to be 37 to 40 hours a week. Anyone considering a job at Dollarama should look elsewhere.
Pros
Nothing good about it
Cons
Hours suck
Cashier (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC6 March 2017
Dollarama is probably one of the best places i worked at, not only was the staff comfortable but the work was easy. The only problem I had was the hours that they couldn't give me enough.
A productive place to work, fast pace,friendly environment,clean.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON6 March 2017
A typical day at work would be punch in and out every shift.
Counting till before & after shift.
Making drops from till.
Making cash drops.
facing Isles.
Cleaning.
I have learned to respect the people around me and Costumers.
it's very challenging from one day to the next.
fast pace you have to be on you're toes every day.
I loved working with the management they where always there to help you and to listen to you're concerns.
I loved working with all the staff & co-workers we are one big happy family.
the hardest part of the job was unloading the skids.
I love working with people and enjoy hard labor.
Pros
getting along with the coworkers & Managment
Cons
not enough hours
Learning Experience
Keyholder, Cashier & Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 March 2017
A great learning experience as a supervisor, cashier and merchandiser. Enjoyed being a productive team member and transforming the store so that merchandise was attractive to shoppers.
Pros
Fantastic management and co-workers
Cons
No staff discounts
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2017
Loved the atmosphere and the work pace. Its a perfect job for students looking to build work experience. There is always work to do so you dont get bored easily
Good times
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 March 2017
Had a set shift everyday with stuff to do. Some days were bad but those were once in a while. Got along well with coworkers but had to question higher ups decisions sometimes.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB2 March 2017
I enjoyed working here I only worked part time for the 8 months that I was there I enjoyed working with fellow employees. I enjoyed working cash and in my own aisle.
Pros
Working on my own
Cons
Hours
fun job, nice co workers,,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2017
Is a good Job to start in a customer service area, and you know lots of people, th eonly thing didn;t like too much standing for long hours, and the Manager did not have patience to employees or customers.
Pros
easy job
Cons
too much standing
Not a bad place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 March 2017
Worked with a pretty good team. Was very busy between cash and stocking shelves. But most of us worked together to accomplish what needed to be done.
Pros
worked with a pretty good team
Cons
location wasn't very good
ok place
Part time Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK28 February 2017
i just worked here for 2 months the reason are they keep giving me a night shift even i gave my availability. management is sometimes is ok
Not the best place to work!
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB28 February 2017
They don't give out very many hours. I got 3 days a week to start. After the busy season was over I was down to two days a week. Now I am down to one day. Not tat all what I was told when I started.
They don't care about there people. Poor company to work for!
It was a great job for when I was going to school
Key holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 February 2017
There really was no typical day, most days were variable. The shifts ranged from cashiering, to putting away merchandise, to breaking down skids, to doing the cash reconciliations in the morning or at night. The shifts could be spent doing just one, or all of these things, depending on the season. I learned to be very flexible. It was fun to learn all the stores banking and cash systems, it served me well in my later jobs in life. I also learned a lot about being a cashier. The manager was really awesome, she worked around everyone's schedules nicely, and helped around the store just like everyone else. The hardest part of the job was finding something to do on a slow day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around a group of girls that I got really close to. I still go in there today and have friends that work there and I visit with them and catch up.
Pros
Great friends
Cons
slow days
fun place to work
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 February 2017
This place is all about peace and love,the management is great,super nice and always co-workers are willing to help each other .I got involved into merchandising and i love it ,i dont mind to have another background besides cashiering because i know i am good at what i am doing but i wanna get even better and have more responsibilities.
Pros
great team
Not a place to work
Forecast Analyst (Former Employee) –  montreal24 February 2017
Not a good place to work. Low salary and no recognition.
I was happy when I left . I remember even paying for my coffee.
They make so much money but when it comes to staff bonuses it was almost nothing.

Top management including HR are all very arrogant.
terrible attitudes
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON24 February 2017
i worked here for 2 months. staff were ignorant and completely disorganized. overall terrible negative place to work. after the first month of getting 4-6 shifts a week. they just stopped putting me on a schedule completely and didn't call or inform me of anything.
Cons
barely any shifts.
Flexible hours and good work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE/ KEY HOLDER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Most of my duties consist of cashing people out, stocking items, closing the store and supervising others. Working as team to give fast and efficient service especially during busy times of the year like christmas and during seasonal pack ups to get the store ready.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not much benefits
A typical day at work
Customer Service Associated (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
A normal day is full of customers. Lots of merchandise to perform try to clean all the lines to fill all the empty places. The main objective is to be able to leave all the lines full. To be able to count the merchandise daily
Pros
Work
Cons
Work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollarama. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8