Dollarama Employee Reviews

fun people to work with
Cashier/ Stock (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON13 November 2017
its a fun work environment to be in, the people are amazing and understanding they give you the hours you need, if you need days off or need more days there really understandable
Pros
awesome co-workers
Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK12 November 2017
Great store to work at, different work everyday, great team work was involved, employees were good to work with, management was also great and fun to work for!
Pros
Appreciation lunches
Cons
Professional work environment, but a little dry.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 November 2017
Nice professional atmosphere and equipment. Not much support to excel individually. Not much room for advancement. The hardest part of the job was trying to be creative in a very production oriented atmosphere.
Fun work experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 November 2017
Job where you won't get bored in as the store is always changing with new items. Get to experience the uniqueness of customers as you get to deal with new faces on a daily basis.
Pros
Short hours of work
Cons
having to stand
Overall a decent company to work for. Not paid enough for assistant manager requirements and duties.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 November 2017
I found my experience with the company to be satisfactory. Part time student cashiers would be an asset and enjoy the fun and fast pace of the job.
I find there was too much asked by the company in a management position. They have high expectations and ask jobs to be complete in an unreasonable time frame.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Very high expectations with unreasonable completion times to execute, Not paid enough for some positions.
productive fun workplace
Key holder / Associate (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB7 November 2017
open store count floats and set up cash for the day
zoned store make sure all merchandise was properly put away
helped customers find a product
priced and filled product
Pros
flexible hours and good management
Cons
minimum wages
Worst Job
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winchester, ON6 November 2017
Overhired for opening and then canned many people using poor excuses like you have someone the wrong change once. Multitasking required but work is expected to be completed anyways. Management gives varying information and talks behind each other backs. Low pay and now benefits.
Fast paced company but expect too much
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 November 2017
Fast paced company, but they change their minds over big realignments daily. Move something one day to them telling you they don't like it and to move it back the next.
all in all a good job .
Dollarama wear house (Former Employee) –  5555 royalmont montreal q.c4 November 2017
It's wasn't the best job working in a bad environment with 500 people and only one bathroom out of the hole wear house but it still paid the bills and I went ever day but not what I was looking for but I still worked and gave it my best.
cashier
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Canada31 October 2017
very fast, very busy, lots of new people coming in and out
very fun environment. friendly co-workers
good pay
good breaks
many breaks
various of different tasks to do
Pros
long breaks
Cons
very busy
Woking
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 October 2017
Working in Dollarama on Part-time basis is fun but also stressful. As an employee, we are dealing with heavy traffic of customers on day to day basis and we have to make sure that we bring our A-game every day.
Pretty bad environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
Pretty much everyone I've met has been kind of toxic for me as well as some of my coworkers. I personally feel like it is not right for me to be in that situation entirely. There's too much Drama and he said she said business, no one seems to be taking the job seriously and working at a level of sophistication where everyone can work in harmony.
Pros
Small Stores
Cons
Bad customers, employees, managers, and you don't get paid for lunch breaks (only 15 min. breaks)
Fun Company
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 October 2017
Easy work. I was a key holder (supervisor) and was treated well. While training they always worked with me and took their time to train and teach me properly.
fun work place
Stocker/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 October 2017
The atmosphere of the store is always changing with the seasons, makes for a good place to work. You get to see merchandise (like Halloween and Christmas) before the customers.
workplace and culture was fun
Cashier/Stock Clerk -Customer service (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 October 2017
I have learned how to be a cashier

Doing customer service was the best part of this job

Helping and serving people make me happy

The hardest part of the jos is setting up inventory
Cons
long stand up periods
Awesome
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grand Falls, NB25 October 2017
I love working here, it's a very friendly place with a lot of nice people. I'm just looking for something that isnt nights and weekends as i'm a student and still have a lot of things to do in my grad year
Okay
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario24 October 2017
Long hours spent on cash with minimal backup. Told one thing about scheduling in the interview, only to find the shifts are longer than what was portrayed at the time of the interview. One half hour break in a 5.5 - 8 hr shift with the "possibility" of another break if it's quiet and colleagues are supportive and efficient.
Pros
Some of the products are cool, flexibility
Cons
The hours and support
Store Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 October 2017
Full time key holder, stock shelves, sort out boxes & items to put on shelf, take shelves down, put shelves up, place items in a orderly & appealing manor on display. Sort & display all occasion greeting cards, Cashier, counting stock, ordering stock, floats, schedules, break schedules.
Pros
Loved this job
Cons
Low pay for the hard work
Overall
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklin, ON23 October 2017
Overall, its a horrible company to work for. The friendships made were the best experience. The CEO and District/Regional Managers should have better understanding of their employees. They should understand that their life does not revolve around the needs of dollarama.
Wasnt a bad place to work
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB22 October 2017
Decent people easy but repetitive work. Low paying not truly worth all the hassle and drama caused from other co-workers. Learned a bit but not enough to really apply in the real world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollarama. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8