Dollarama

Dollarama Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Regina, SKDecember 17, 2015
Hardest part was going into a messy store because the day time staff believed it was up to us night time staff to make it clean.
Great company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONDecember 16, 2015
Fast paced and enjoyable place to work. Excellent staff and management. Great products. Only issue is the no return policy.
It was good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 10, 2015
Pros: friendly team
Cons: small table for lunch
My responsibilities were putting food products on the shelves and counting those in the back and shelves.
sometimes I was using ladder for putting products on shelf or in the back.I was helping to customer for finding products.
nice place to work
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 9, 2015
It is a nice place to work as the staff was very co-operative and the management is also very nice to its employees. One of the best things about this job was the interaction with the customers.
Productive and very busy place
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee), Delta, BCDecember 8, 2015
Typical day at work would be to count the money at the back, brings tils to the registers and then start on counts, break skids, stock, back up cashier. I learned a lot of thing being here for the past 5 years now and my co- workers are all unique and wonderful workers. Management seems to be the problem here where a lot do not get along or cause a lot of issues which creates a bad environment
Dollarama
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee), Guelph, ONDecember 6, 2015
This is a good job for someone who is needing work.They don't give many hours and it's quite mindless work. Really awesome people; both management and fellow employees,
In this company, employees will always have things to do.
Key Holder (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 4, 2015
Weather it be stocking up products on the shelf, attending the aisle(s) assigned to the employee to clean, attend to customers, back up on cash register, Dollarama employees will always stay busy and time goes by quick as it gets busier and busier. As a key holder I learned to always stay on on my feet. Because sometimes there would be one management in the premises (me) to open/close the store, I would have to multi-task as a back up cashier, stocking shelves, cleaning aisle(s), attend to employees and customers, taking phone calls, doing inventories, going to the bank, and opening/closing the store. The most enjoyable part is going from one place to the next doing multi-tasking performance. Having said that, the hardest part of the job is satisfying customers' need. Customers tend to come back to return items because they changed their mind which is unacceptable due to our policy.
Typical Workday
sales associate (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 4, 2015
A typical work day is fully of customers and achieving the required tasks. You are given a list of tasks or an aisle to work in, which is to be completed, to the best of your ability, before the end of your shift. You may also be put on cash, in which case you will be called to cash in order to help process customers through the tills in order to limit their time waiting in a line. Throughout the day, you will also be helping customers to find the items that they are looking for.
Productive and fun place to work. Management was very flexible and friendly
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCNovember 23, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management, who would help you grow and develop skills and abilities. Management and supervisors were flexible
Quick paced
Supervisor/Keyholder (Former Employee), St. John's, NLNovember 23, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: long hours
Open store get cash ready, great managers, hard working co-workers, long hours but great customers and location it was near home and I could walk to work.
My second home!
Supervisor (Current Employee), Markham, ONNovember 19, 2015
Pros: Great place to develop management and team work skills
Cons: Some angry customers
Great management and a joyful workplace where working as a team with friendly coworkers is a asset. This is the only place where there are no obstacles or barriers that prevent your productivity and enjoyment. The flexibility of hours allows to balance work/life style resulting in complete employee satisfaction.
OK place to work
Merchandiser, cashier (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONNovember 16, 2015
Pros: shifts went quickly due to being so busy
Cons: not enough hours
Seasonal Merchandising was my main job but ran the cash as well. The girls were great to work with, always a laugh. I really enjoyed figuring out where and how to display new merchandise. The hustle and bustle of retail is something I am good at and able to keep a level head with the long check out lines and difficult customers.
tense and aggravating
foods stocker (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCNovember 9, 2015
Pros: nothing, this place sucks
Cons: no hours, low pay, liars in management
They give 25 hours a week to full time employees, which I got, but all the fulltime women would get more hours per week than myself. Some part time employees got more hours than I did. Every supervisor/manager is only looking out for themselves and don't care about the employee. I hated working there
good people
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKNovember 9, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: terrible management
Hated it hours i didn't want. get told to do different things at the same time. doing other peoples jobs when they slack and don't even get in trouble for it.
Dull
Cashier (Former Employee), Aldergrove, BCNovember 8, 2015
Pros: short hours
Cons: short hours, poor management.
Dollarama was one of the worst places I have worked.
Might've just been the location. You deal with a lot of theft as well as rude people. I've had customers make me cry. My manager hated me and made going to work very challenging
Experience
Cashier & Stocking Items on shelves (Former Employee), Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QCNovember 6, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Experience of dealing with all types of costumers
A typical day at work is mostly how to deal with all type of costumers and enhancing your speed on stacking items and patience. There's wasn't much of a hard part in the job and the most enjoyable one is cashier.
Ran the main cash
Cashier/Assistant Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Lacombe, ABNovember 4, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company. I worked 5 to 7 hours and stocked shelves and served customer. I learned how to merchandise. As for co-worker it was team. The lifting
love interacting with the clients.
Caissiere/ Cashier (Current Employee), Lasalle, QCNovember 3, 2015
Customers are wonderful and I have many regulars.
Most my coworkers are fun. I have a good relationship with them.
The hardest thing about my job is making sure all my tasks are done in a minimal time period for a day.
The most enjoyable thing about my job is I enjoy my customers. Some of them we are on a first name basics.
Horrible managers
Cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONNovember 2, 2015
Cons: not enough hours, rude staff, rude customers
the employees were rude most of the time, and the person doing the schedule picked favourites and didnt give any hours to some people for weeks at a time
Cashier, Cleaning, Deposits, Returns (Former Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 27, 2015
Great place to work, however it depends who is the manager at the location. Doing simple tasks such as taking inventory, restocking and cashier are very simple jobs. It can be easily done without an unnecessary overload of work for a short period of time. I enjoyed working there for the most part and don't mind working over time either. My co-workers were very helpful guiding me and teaching me the ropes, however once training is over you're on your own. Breaks were great time to take a minute and relax. I enjoyed making progress and finishing a task, feeling accomplished and being rewarded for it by getting paid is just one of the ways to enjoy the job.
Headquarters