Dollarama

Dollarama Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and living earned job
Stockeeper, Cashier (Former Employee), surrey,bcSeptember 26, 2014
Cons: limited/less job hours
A Good job but with limited hours. This is my second job after immigrating to Canada and i like it the most. As this job has given my a different experience about retail which was quiet different from my previous experiences. Here i got my first promotion from associate to a key holder with in 7 months of joining so it gains my a lot of confidence in – more... myself.Here i worked as a stockkeeper, cashier and keyholder too. But still i want more things to learn as i can devote more time and hard work. – less
Extremely challenging , required to work in excess of 70 hours per week
District Manager (Former Employee), Central and Northern OntarioSeptember 26, 2014
company has lost it's moral compass and has gone from a culture of stakeholders to a culture of shareholders. It's all about the quick fixes of finding cost savings on the short term at the expense of the store staff and its management.
Short sightedness of the current cut backs will show immediate dividends, but once the competition figures out their – more... distribution network, you will see a huge impact on Dollarama's sales and profits.
The Head Office lacks proper resources and has promoted people with insufficient skill-sets and and favouritism runs rampant in respect as to whom gets moved up.
The current and new COO does not understand the business and appears to be taking advice from poor sources.
The middle management teams have been restructured but have been weakened as many long term successful people were packaged out in the interest of the current bottom line – less
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 24, 2014
• Ensured customer needs and satisfactions were met
• Prepared the store with stocks/ cleaned, and returns were re-shelved
• Responsible for ensuring the cash is counted
Helped open the store and was only hired to help open
Inventory Stock Team Lead - Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCSeptember 21, 2014
Came into work always positive and help build the store with excellent staff and i learned a lot about how to help build a store. I was there for about 2 months and the hardest part about the job was starting at 7 am but in the end I wake up early anyways so it did not matter. Getting my work done the fastest and most efficient was my favorite part – more... of the job. – less
Learning to management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: to many hours
Cons: long hours
I learned how to work in team and buy my self.
How to be multitask
Excellent first job to find out what sort of worker you are.
Key Holder (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Upon being hired at any Dollarama, you are trained to handle cashier transactions, merchandising all sort of product, how to properly speaking to customers with a friendly attitude, and how quickly you need to accomplish all this on a daily basis.
For many who are hired, this is their first job and many think it's a breeze. Working at a Dollarama is – more... very fast-pace and never ending between aiding customers, stocking shelves, ringing through transactions, and cleaning up every aisle constantly. You can definitely not be afraid of hard work and constant work at Dollarama.
It it however an excellent place to develop skills you would otherwise not pick up in a slower environment. – less
Productive and Fun-Loving place to work
Caissière (Former Employee), Cowansville, QCSeptember 12, 2014
It was a fun place to work and I really enjoyed working in the public; however, during the eleven months that I worked there, we went through two managers and often had managers from other stores come to direct us. For this reason, the instructions that we were given were often contradicting. Most of the employees were not given enough hours. I did – more... thoroughly enjoy working with charismatic and energetic people that I hope will remain my friends for a long time.
I learned a valuable work ethic that I could not have learned elsewhere.
A typical day at work would be going in the back and looking at the schedule to see who I would be working with. After that, I would go punch in and count my cash. Then I would serve the clients the best I could, although there were instances when clients would threaten other employees and such which became a nuance. – less
Fast paced environment with key focus on freigh flow
District Manager (Former Employee), Durham, OntarioSeptember 10, 2014
Cons: long hours
Responsible for seven retail locations in the Durham region. Oversaw retail store operations, merchandising, HR and people development within the assigned district of a team of over 14 Store Managers and 120 Associates.
An excellent experience
District Manager (Former Employee), Waubaushene, ONSeptember 8, 2014
This company has utilized my skills in a very productive manner that has me leading to new goals and expectations for myself at this time.
One of the best work environments I've had the pleasure of attending
Cashier (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONSeptember 6, 2014
A typical day is rather busy, as you are either on cash, or running from stocking your aisles to getting on cash to help customers. I learned a lot about being patient and assessing situation calmly before acting. The job itself with all the employees was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Not bad a place
Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: good friendly coworkers, management. flexible hours
Cons: boring, like any cashier job at any store, i would imagine.
Everyone knows Dollarama, just from the name, so really it is just how one would expect a dollar store to be, ideally at least, not bad. Customers were generally polite and nice, and coworkers were really friendly and everyone got well with each other. Not my ideal job but I don't have reason for complaining.

The management was flexible with the hours – more... it gave and respected your availability. – less
Productive and customer oriented
Store Associates (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2014
I enjoyed a lot while working on Dollarama. I did all general functions including merchandising and to handle the cash and to serve the customer in counter.
Dollarama
Cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket 130 Davis driveAugust 28, 2014
Pros: being the first to see new stock
I loved stocking shelves being the first to see the new toys. I learned to work in team work I worked well with all my co-workers.I enjoyed every thing about working at Dollarama the people I worked with the customers.Seeing the new stock we would receive meeting new people every day.
faster and energy to work
Stocker (Former Employee), markham and shepperdAugust 27, 2014
always busy, I learned how to move fast and how to communicate .
the management is good and my co worker is very hardworking too.
My hardest part of my job is the lifting and breaking the skid and arranges one by one according to number item..the most enjoyable part for me is finished my work by the instruction of my manager.
Productive and an enjoyable job
Cashier/stocker (Former Employee), shawnessy, calgaryAugust 20, 2014
Displays stocks, do inventory, and do as back-up cashier. Learned the importance of clients to a business. Supervisors and co-workers are working together for customer's satisfaction.
The hardest part of the job is the storing of stocks because of the limited spaces.
The most enjoyable part is being a cashier, helping customers finding what they want – more... from the store, and displaying and arranging items. – less
Fun Work Place for those starting out.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Langford, British ColumbiaAugust 20, 2014
A typical work day would include meeting customers and helping them find what exactly they needed.
I would help with shipping and receiving, stocking, clean up, petty cash, and transactions.
I enjoyed dealing with customers
cashier/stock (Former Employee), Gravenhurst, ONAugust 19, 2014
Pros: dealing with customers
Cons: shortage of hours
I would work as a backup cashier, i would stock my isle and when i was finished i would help any other employees with there isle if needed.
Growing company
Senior Real Estate Lease Administrator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 12, 2014
Structure and culture needs to be improved and management is not always the most professional. Senior salary rolls are reasonable but junior roles needs to improve.
fast paced work place, friendly management
Key Holder (Current Employee), Markham, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: good place to work, many new things to learn, good management
Cons: repetitive work, slow growth, less hours
working here as key holder, staff is nice, store manager is always ready to help. So many products hard to remember initially but it helps you playing with your mind. back end process is very slow though. Need to modernize infrastructure.
caring people
Coo-op student (Former Employee), Orleans, ONAugust 11, 2014
The Dollarama is a wonderful place to work at is not that hard and you do something new everyday and they people there are really caring.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more

Dollarama Photos