Dollarama

Dollarama Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
work place
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2015
this job is an alright job they make sure ti show you that they look forward ti seeing yiu on days of work and make sure to keep you happy at all times they are fun and out going nananananannaaa nanananana nanannana nanananana
Alright job, people were friendly, store was unorganized and schedule was mixed and matched
Warehouse associate (Former Employee), Westmount Edmonton, ABJanuary 24, 2015
Not very interesting type of work. The location i was working at paid its employees less than what other locations were paying their employees, and the amount of overstock was surreal.
Good as a first job, not so good salary and no benefits.
Cashier (Current Employee), Fort Erie, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly service, great staff, not too stressful
Cons: low pay, barely any hours given
At Dollarama, I cash people out and interact with customers in a friendly manner. I also have to clean the store and make sure the shelves are neat and tidy during closing hours so the store is ready for customers come the next day. My co-workers are all extremely down-to-earth and friendly, and I learned a lot more about the work force in this job. The hardest part of the job has to be how hectic it can be during holidays or peak times of the year, while the most enjoyable is getting to know people and feel like you are part of a team.
great place to work for
Customer Service (Current Employee), sardiis chilliwack bcJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: experience in all areas
Cons: not enough hours
I started here 2yrs ago and love the work and the coworkers. I can honestly say I never thought I would be there for 2 yrs. I wish I could have more hrs and better pay but it is what it is . management is great and location is awesome.
Stress free environment without any advancement
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: stress free
Cons: dreadfully boring
Graphic designer at Dollarama is most definitely the most boring job I've had over the span of my career. The pay is pretty basic without any benefits. The job is completely stress free and you'd have a good life/work balance. It's more of a production work than creative work so if you're looking to put together a portfolio and advance, it's not possible within this company. You have limited creative freedom and the upper management lacks in objective feedback. Nonetheless, it's a good place to start and the art department is managed decently.
Great place to work, but not enough hours.
Floater (Current Employee), woodbridge ontarioJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work starts by throwing some empty boxes in the bin, then reporting to the manager, so that I can get instructions on what to do for the day.
I have learned how stores, have a very fast moving environment, and they are always busy.
My co-workers are great, I have yet to find a co-worker who is rude.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough days/hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working in this job.
calm,productive with great staff
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: i was able to do many tasks which gave me more experiance.
Cons: not enough hours
Loved working there it was a calm yet productive place,staff were great.I would still be there had i been given more hours.
A great workplace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Maple, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
Overall, I never had any problems working at Dollarama and enjoyed being there and got along very well with my co-workers.
Busy workplace, focused on good customer service and cares for keeping short lines
Front Desk (Cashier) (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good location
Cons: no employee discount
In a shift, I have direct atention with customers scanning and taking payments. Providing information to customer about products or purchases if required. Keeping organized and clean my work area. Sometimes giving support rotating seasonal merchandise on shelves. Because front-desk is one of the most busy area in the store my co-workers and I help each other if needed and respec for our break times.
Funwork place view
Buyers Assistant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 6, 2015
It is a great Company to work. For the past 5 years it was productive. I established many skills. Management are friendly and helpful. Coworkers also are friendly, it is a great place to spend 8hrs a day. I will give it 4/5 star. Great Company!
Productive and High Volume atomsphere
Key Holder (Former Employee), Southgate EdmontonJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good staff, and communication
Cons: pay was not enough
I really enjoyed my time at Dollarama. It was high paced and I did have alot of Merchandising freedoms. My nights at work were typical in a retail world. On my feet, consistently helping out customers, as well as directing fellow employees in a successful shift. I was not afraid to exercise authority, but I did leaving everyone`s dignity intact. The hardest part of my job was having to let people know that their hours would be cut, as we all know there are a certain amount of hours handed out by companies once a week, and as good and skilled some employees were, cutting hours was hard. But had to be done. Working as a unit is important, and I believe everyone is as good as their management team. And I enjoyed working with my manager at the time. She had a unique and old school way of treating others, which got the job done, and built strong team ethics.
Very harsh managment
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 1, 2015
I worked there for a couple weeks (not judging all the Dollaramas) the manager always smoked in the back, and she was always harsh over the phone with rude tones. They put me on cash my second day of working there without training or any other knowledge, then almost yelled at me for not knowing. In the end I got trained but I really didn't like it there so I quit.
Very good workplace with Opportunity to Grow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 28, 2014
I started almost 3 years ago as a Cashier, Promoted to Keyholder in BC after to Assistant manager in SK. Very nice fast running Business, very good District Managers.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cashier/Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 19, 2014
Generally I start the day at the cash; if it is in the morning I fill the products at the front of the store, if it is the afternoon the store is always very busy and I begin serving customers right away. My co-workers and management team are fantastic, they make working an enjoyable and fun time while also completing the tasks at hand. When I close the store I have to put away all of the misplaced products, mop and sweep and sometimes help the supervisor count at the end of the night.
fun place to work
F/T Cashier (Former Employee), peterborough, ONDecember 17, 2014
in my almost four years working for this company I really enjoyed it, being able to interact with the customers and being able to have fun in a job is something that I like I like working for people that make you feel as though the people I work with is a family not just a job
Productive fun place to work,
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Guelph, ONDecember 16, 2014
Cashing people out
re stocking shelves
overall nice people to work with
manager's are understanding / work with your schedule
DOllarama- not so fun place to work at
Store manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 15, 2014
when i first started working in the company i loved it so much because that company had a heart. The original owners where there and it was amazing. They never paid that great but i didn't mind that part.
Thru years, the owners sold half of the company and it became horrible. No care for employees, we just became numbers...
Underpaid numbers...
Fast paced, enjoyable
Key Holder (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONDecember 10, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: short hours
At Dollarama a typical day includes unloading skids and being a fast paced cashier. Answering customer questions, making suggestions, and showing customers and employees where to find product.
dollarama
CASHIER (Former Employee), new westminster BCDecember 8, 2014
Worked as a cashier always at a fasted pace.stocked shelfs.
Friendly environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: heavy lifting of boxes
You immediately learn skills on hand, such as;

- Merchandising and stocking products by their code name and number

- Using the cashier register and handling with customers

The most enjoyable part of the job is everyone is friendly and they work together to help each other make the job task more efficient

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more