Dollarama

Dollarama Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Orleans, ONMay 21, 2015
I enjoy working at Dollarama. Typically it is my duty to act as a cashier. What I like about my job are my fellow employees who are friendly but what i don't like is the lack of work i have been scheduled for
tough work environment
Retail Operations Manager (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great people busy and enjoyable
Cons: Micro Managing
Micro managing by District Manager was a very hard task at times. With the amount of merchandise received everyday and micro managing from District Manager caused a disengage between myself and my staff. However, I truely loved the Dollarama pace, it is extremely fast and lots of great people that were employed. I guess it was the Micro Managing that caused opportunities.
good to meet new people
Stock Person/Cashier (Former Employee), winnipeg manitobaMay 19, 2015
Pros: hours were good
Cons: pay not that great
i have learned to do cash stock person and met nice people i worked with .i would get to work and do what i was told like start stocking shelves before the store opened .then get my float for the day and get started on the till.
Don't do it.
Retail Associate/Isle Owner (Former Employee), aldergrove,bcMay 19, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Long hours, excessive labor, poor wages, poor benefits
I took this job to build a work history in Canada, working for Dollarama was the biggest mistake of my life.

If you like pain, no support. Poor management, no resources, being consistently understaffed for months at a time, ten cent raises,working every holiday and excessive blackout periods for vacations then Dollarama is the place for you.
fast paced work enviroment friendly work enviroment
Cashier/Inventory/stock (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 19, 2015
typical day at work would be:
*answered questions for customers
*start with inventory check and count backroom and my assigned isle
*stock and face isle for customer satisfaction
*worked on cash and duties that followed
*clean up at the end of the day for closing and prep for next day

I enjoyed most- employees and the environment
hardest part- doing the inventory for gum and chocolate (in baskets counting 1 by )
Substantial workplace
Merchandiser, Keyholder, Crew Opener, Cashier (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 15, 2015
Pros: People, Customers, Friendly
Cons: Attitude, organization
Dollarama is a great place to work, friendly people and overall good environment to work in. The Company is the old school pen and paper while we strive to do more the company doesnt recognize strong people within their company
flexible time
Cashier/Team member (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCMay 15, 2015
working at dollarama is a nice place to work at, its normally quite busy in the day and less busy at night. the co- workers are friendly and they are helpful. its very busy in festive periods
Fun work place, a very understanding manager.
CASHIER (Current Employee), Yorkton, SaskatchewanMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free food, awsome co-workers
Cons: Not enough hours, always sutting hours.
A fun work place, free donuts sometimes, free pizza sometimes, wonderful people work there. Just not enough hours as the head office is always cutting hours temporarily and it just is not fair.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), 3730 Lake Shore Blvd W, Etobicoke, ON M8W 1N6May 13, 2015
Dollarama was a brand new store, I had to help set up the new store. Some of the roles were: restocked, cleaned and cashier.
Productive and fun workplace
Stocking product, cashier (Former Employee), Vernon, BCMay 12, 2015
At Dollarama, you are working hard in a fast paced environment. It's a lot of work but the coworkers there are wonderful. They are understanding, and very helpful. They are very hard working individuals. They helped me learn how to operate a till and assist customers in a timely yet friendly fashion.

The hardest part would be the fast pace but the best part is working with so many great people and meeting new people every day.
Loved it !!!
Excellent customer service (Former Employee), Trail, BCMay 10, 2015
It was a Great environment to work in and communicate with people.
I had all Good co-workers, who helped with training and helped with understanding daily routine.
Dalloramma saskatoon
Main Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 7, 2015
At Dalloramma as the main cashier I ensured customers found what they were looking for as well as always making sure they have a great day.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Wallaceburg, ONMay 7, 2015
I would come in and take the boxes off the palette and put it on the cart for my aisle and then go to my aisle on appropriate hangers. I would occasionally get called to relieve the cashier when there is more than 4 people in line or when they went on lunch. I would drop money for every $100 I made. I helped people in the store find things.
Positive work environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 6, 2015
Developed accuracy and numeric skills in completing bank deposits
Strengthened customer service skills by helping and serving customers
Strengthened accountability and mathematical skills in operating the cash register
key holder/sales associate (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEMay 6, 2015
fun place to work..cleaned condos and enjoyed the fun loving enviroment that donna provided..made cleaning fun..would love to work for her again if she ever starts to clean again
It is an enjoyable workplace with nice and helpful co-workers.
Store Associate (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 5, 2015
Working at Dollarama is fun. I enjoy communicating and assisting different people. Standing for longer hours is tiring but giving a pleasant smile to customers and a smile back from them makes my day. I learned that working a blue-collar job is really hard physically as I need to lift heavy boxes but as long as I am enjoying what I am doing, I don’t feel bored and tired.
I love working at Dollarama :)
Cashier/Stock/Stock Room Cleaner (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: Christmas bonus in store credit cards, being very sociable
Cons: Not enough hours
Everyday that I work at Dollarama I go home happy. I love saving money, and getting a good products, so when I help people do the same I enjoy the feeling. The typical day that I have while I have worked at this establishment would be coming in a half hour early to look at my duties for the day, who I will be working with, my positions that I will be on( Cleaning certain isles or areas of the store/ what cash register I will be using)

Some of the things that I have learned while at Dollarama are; better teamwork skills, working in a fast environment(bagging a large order)
front facing and rotating products.
My management is amazing, always flexible with hours and understanding with my college schedule.

Co-workers were very accepting towards me when I first started working at the location. All very mature and welcoming towards me.

The hardest part about my job is usually around Christmas season. Everyone is hectic and sometimes verbal towards me, other employees and even sometimes other customers due to miscommunication on occasion.

Like I stated before, I love my job because I help people save money.
Fast paced but fun work atmosphere
Cashier/floor (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 1, 2015
The management is very easy to get along with and shows you what needs to be done and helps you t understand the requirements needed from head office
Horrible company
Keyhold (Current Employee), OntarioApril 30, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: WORK EVERY WEEKEND
I have been at Dollarama for 3 years as a key holder and the employees I am suppose to manage make more money than us,the company will not pay key holders more than the people we manage and run the store. The management is horrible at my store and only their favourites get days off and the hours they want to work without working weekends everyone else get shafted. I am currently looking for better employment anywhere else.
Dull workplace
Assisting Customers (Former Employee), Calgary ABApril 30, 2015
I didnt enjoy working here. I found that management abused their powers and it was extremely drama filled with the employees and management never did anything about it. They were not over worried about your well being and I never really felt like anyone in that place really cared about me.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more