Dollarama

Dollarama Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Burlington, OntarioJuly 7, 2014
would be in charge to do cash transactions on a daily basis, would have to greet customers and attend to their needs if they have any doubts. Would have to do a little stocking here and there
Joyful employees
Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 5, 2014
Pros: fun people to work with.
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work would be stocking items, making sure the aisles are clean, front faced and cashier backup. I learned how to handle cash and give the amount of change in a fast paced environment. Co-workers were joyful and honest. The hardest part of the job was making sure the aisles were all front faced after each customer picked up an item. – more... The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with were helpful and always there if needed. – less
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Wasaga Beach, ONJuly 3, 2014
Cons: not enough hours
Working at Dollarama was a great learning experience. It taught me how to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Between serving costumers, handling money, and helping with their needs, I was required to stock shelves and handle inventory. This allowed me to learn how to keep focus on all duties I was required while still achieving my best work.
Flexible
Cashier (Former Employee), toronto, onJune 25, 2014
Pros: stability
Cons: lack of change=lack of growth
A friendly environment where I could be at my own. Came across many interesting people whose stories have offered insight into what life is about. I liked working here as it was near my home and allowed me to juggle the other aspects of my life with ease.
dollarstore
Cashier (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJune 19, 2014
a typical day included operating the cash handling money also putting unsold items back on the shelves, my co workers and management at the time were not very nice but they have since all been replaced.
Good company to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 19, 2014
This is a growing company opening lot of stores in GTA. New staffs are hired on an on-going basis. training of new staff may required to be upgraded. Very granular products. Overall good place to work.
productive work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJune 18, 2014
Pros: communicating with customers
Cons: sometimes not enough time in a day
a typical day at work is executing merchandise on to the floor making sure that everything gets done
while assisting customers
Work is productive but the hours are lackluster
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Ajax, ONJune 13, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: horrible hours
A typical day at work isnt far from the norm of a typical retail store, I learned many things from the management and my fellow coworkers that got me started in this industry the workers have to dedicated to being consistent and efficient, the hardest part of the job is staying active and doing all that is required of you and consistently doing repeated – more... actions. The most enjoyable part of the job is working along side with a friend the day goes by much faster, but the hours offered was horrible hence the reason for finding a new job. – less
Dollarama
Part-time Retail Store Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
It is a great place to work in. My co-workers are very warm and cordial. People at management are good too. They are professional and considerate. The only problem is it is a part-time position, and I do not have much option to grow up.
productive and challenging place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 4, 2014
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: very long hours
typical day is to open store maintain all employees do a clean up check around for safety maintain all incoming and outgoing shipments provide customer service handle cash and balance daily sales and audit all reports I learn to achieve challenges and become more strong minded to achieve all goals being assistant manager has strengthen my supervisory – more... skills and management skills to be able to work along with my co workers and maintain a great relationship with them on a professional level. the hardest part of the job would ever be if I had to ever leave to better my career and to move on the best part of the job is being noticed of the skills that I do have and the feeling of the company and manager having that much confidence in me the whole time of my employment it would be an experience that I would carry with me for a long time but my overall interest is to move on work in a steady enviorement so im able to utlize my skills and grow with a hospital enviorement and join a winning career – less
not enough hours but great working environment
Cashier/Customer Service/stocker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 3, 2014
Pros: good people i worked with
Cons: long hours
Like working in any store, this one was the same. Although I did not get enough hours, I still enjoyed the people I was working with. The hardest part of my job was standing. Standing for 4-5 hours in one position doing the same thing every time I worked was tiring.. Working at Dollorama for about 6 months, I've learned to adapt and overcome the hours, – more... and the low pay grade, and soon enough it was just another thing to do after school. – less
productive and fun working at this workplace
sales excutive (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 30, 2014
I got to learn new things like where stuff go on the shelves and greet people as they came in
good time with co workers
Position - Sales Associate (Former Employee), woodbridgeMay 29, 2014
Pros: free launhes
Cons: lo0ng hours
its hard work .learn some thing new.deal wih customers .good managment
A mish mash of good/bad days with some unsafe conditions and employee abuse
Customer Service/Stock/Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 29, 2014
It was not a good job. But it was a job. You could work as hard as anyone and still get grief. How many hours you got each week was based on how someone felt about you personally and not based on your work ethic.

The good thing about the job was there were days where you honestly got to help someone. Helping someone with a disability to do their shopping. – more... Showing a school teacher the best inexpensive ways to be able to make projects for her students. Having someone stop you, just to say thank you. – less
Good environment to experience different roles played in retail.
Cashier, Stocks Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2014
Great location, beautiful store lay-out, very good for students and newer Canadians looking for retail experience.

Multi-ethnic work-force was pleasant.

Practices one's patience and active thinking to overcome occasional and minute language barriers.

Effectively enhances one's problem-solving and time-management skills. Requires an active lifestyle – more... to maintain productivity.

Interacting and helping Dollarama's customers on a daily basis was great, being from the same neighborhood it brought a sense of community to my work day which I deeply appreciated.

All in all, as with my past job experiences, I would love to take what I have learned and bring it to the table where ever it would be most productive.

I respect growth and am grateful for how working at Dollarama has contributed immensely towards it. Cheers. – less
Fast-paced and busy workplace
Cashier/Floor (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMay 25, 2014
Worked between 5-9 hours a day interacting with a variety of clientele and handled large amounts of cash. It is an always busy workplace so the time goes by fast!
Productive, easy to get along with coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 24, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: not enough hours
Management and co-workers functioned as a team to get through daily goals and customer needs.
the good things
Various Positions (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCMay 23, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: store manager just sits in the back work and does not give many shifts.
the only fun part if when they let us have fun, or the store manager is untop of you while he sits in the back.
It was a job.
Sales clerk and cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioMay 23, 2014
Pros: got to interact with customers
Cons: didn't like working 4 or 5 hours 2 or 3 days aweek.
Liked working as a cashier as I got to speak with the customers and help them find items they were looking for. Got along with everyone. Hardest part of the job that I did not care for was climbing ladders to put stock up on the shelf or bring it down to stock shelves. Was afraid of falling.
Friendly Coworkers
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 22, 2014
Its a normal day in retail, coworkers were awesome and customers made my day. The hardest part of the job was stocking because there was not a lot of room so you had to stock boxes really high and I could not reach. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people and customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more

Dollarama Photos