Dollarama Employee Reviews

Overall 2/5
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON7 December 2016
I have no complaints about my working experience at 'Dollarama' at all. 'Dollarama' itself is a great business franchise. And at the end of the day; a 'job' is a 'job'. I ensured that I had put my full effort into everything I had worked/tasked on, to even the smallest tasks. I just felt that none of my co-workers were motivated to work at all; lousy and uninterested to say the least; and my efforts to help the store run more smoothy we're being overlooked; as if the management didn't really care about improvement.
It was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
The manager at queen and sherbourne was a pain. Rough neighbourhood as well. I love dollarama as a whole but would never work at that particular location again.
Easiest job ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 December 2016
Very easy job... Hours are good and work with school. Most stores get staff gifts and bonuses which is great. Co workers were awesome- but going from stock to cash and back was hard.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Not enough shifts- too much work at once.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 December 2016
The hardest part of the job is to stand for hours on cash. The most enjoyable part would have to be the employees I worked with. The management wasn't the best either.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Nice place with very little pressure
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 November 2016
It was a really nice experience, My manager was very kind and helping, never overload me with extra work. Always supportive and guiding. The store has proper kitchen for lunch and other meals. Co worker were also very kind and supportive.
Pros
Proper kitchen for dinning and breaks
Cons
Unlike many places we dont get any discount or free things from the store.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
i learned how to communicate with customers as a cashier and how to deal with their complaints and purchases including receiving cash, return change, scan the product and etc.
worst management ever
Associate (Former Employee) –  west Vancouver, BC23 November 2016
Management likes to choose favorites and if you're not one of them you will be treated poorly and with no respect and fire you, and given almost no hours regardless of your work ethic.
Pros
fun meeting new people
Cons
bad management
Fast Fun Fulfilling
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 November 2016
It's a great day when you can actually look forward to starting work at a job you love to do. Every minute is pure pleasure where the only limitation is your imagination.
Pros
Flexible hours quick steady shifts
Cons
Physically demanding
Fun and friendly experience
Cashier/ Stock (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 November 2016
Friendly and helpful staff to work with. My employers were genuinely caring about myself and perfect customer service.
Some days were fast paced but I was up for challenge.
The job gave me experience in customer relations and team building skills. Hardest part was saying good bye.
Pros
great staff
productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 November 2016
love it there , nice people and very busy to keep work flowing .
my bosses are nice and understand and it works for me because i have school part time ,
Fun, Energetic crowd
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 November 2016
Dollarama was one of my first jobs, I started when I was 16/17. I was able to learn great customer service skills, and I was able to move up to key holder as well.
No training
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 November 2016
I did not receive enough training, so I didn't really know what I was doing. Cashier work was simple enough, but other duties were not explained to me. Basically, I got fired because I was not taught how to do the job.
Its an okay job has its ups and downs
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
A typical day of work consists of starting your day by breaking daily skids or arriving to work and having your buggy of merchandise ready to be put out for your aisle. Stock and arrange merchandise for your current aisle along with filling out daily count sheets. Assisting the cashier on the cash register when busy. Working evening shifts consist of stocking some boxes and cleaning the store up for the next day.
Fun Work, Bad Management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON1 November 2016
I worked at Dollarama for several years, it was a fun place to work, enjoyable duties. The only bad thing is I seen managers come and go, most of them are not good manager, take the roll to their head. When a manager gets complaints upon them, they just move them to a different store, which I find isnt to good, cause they do the same stuff micromanage, and power trip. Instead they should train the polite ones within the store, and have better management.
Then another topic, they need to have more staff hours + staff for the work they want to be completed within a day, cause with not enough staff it makes you feel like your a slave for your 11 dollars an hour.
Overall its a good place if you have a good manager and if its a busy dollarama = more hours they give a week.
If your full time there your get the hours, if your part time you barely get hours. I wouldnt work there as part time, but I guess you have to start somewhere. (like somewhere else).
Also full time employees only get a 10 cent raise a year, its a dead end job.
Pros
Enjoyable duties, Nice Customers
Cons
Bad Management, Have to work Hoildays
great first time job
cashier (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC31 October 2016
Dollarama is a great first time job, there are wonderful and kind people that work there.they are flexible with hours. You learn so much, The co-workers teach you how to do something and are willing to take the time to teach you until you understand how it is done.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
getting off work late
Routine and basic. No challenges.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2016
Routine. Restocking merchandise. cashier duties and taking in freight. Very flexible hours which is great but not much room for growth. A good company.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No promotions
Fun workplace as you meet new people everyday
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 October 2016
Would just go to work for 6 hours and spend 5 hours on cash as our location was quite busy. I've learned good customer service from the fellow employees and how to remain calm during the busy hours. The hardest part of the job was that there were usually only 4 people working during the evening shift and the store was huge. We had to do the returns and clean up all by ourselves.
Fast pace work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE28 October 2016
I would serve customers inside the restaurant and through the drive thru ( taking orders, packaging orders ect.) I would also close cashes and clean store when needed.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Split shifts (long hours)
Decent
Cashier/ Stock/ Closing (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2016
Great for Part-Time students. Very easy but repetitive work. Great location and a very clean store. Free parking and majority of great staff
Pros
No pros, pay full price for everything nothing is free.
Cons
Staff is not always compliant, people hired and fired more then average.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2016
work as Assistant Manager .nothing to mention or comment with working with Dollarama. successful company, Typical day started by receiving products.
Pros
nothing to say or mention about dollarama
Cons
nothing to say or mention about dollarama

2.8