Dollarama Employee Reviews in Canada

Heavy and fast productive place to work
Front Cashier/ Floor worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NLJuly 22, 2016
Dollarama is a fast paced place. no time to sit down only on your break, and they maybe 15 mins, or an hr. There is always something to be doing, and that can be either by working on the floor down in an isle by braking a cart apart, and that is by taking merchandise out of the boxes and putting it on the shelf and making sure it is properly blocked in and to make sure that there is no goats or pegs left lying around, making sure product is lined from top to bottom, and also taking count of products. When working on the cash, there is full time being up at the front and serving the customers. it is a face paced but to serve the customers is what is the best thing about being the cash. seeing the customers is what makes your day go faster and making them happy to find to what they are looking for. it will take time out of your schedule, but it will take and make your day so much more fulfilling.
Pros
Great team
Cons
No liquid beverage on the floor or on the cash
Fast-Paced
Sales Clerk and Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, ABJuly 16, 2016
Typical days were pretty busy. I would mostly run the cash register but I also assisted in stocking the store. We had to put out a certain amount of product each day to make room for new stuff in the back. Every so often we would go through a pack up phase were we had a limited amount of time to completely pack up and ship out a section and restock it with the new seasonal product.
good job for awhile, not a career goal for me.
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 16, 2016
Typical days at work i would stock most of the time, if the cashiers got to many people lined up they would call me up till the line cleared and i would go back to stocking and organizing the shelf's.
management was good, i learned a lot about how commercial stores worked and time management.
Pros
people were great.
Cons
long exasting hours
No comment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  sherbrooke ouest, montrealJuly 10, 2016
Busy work
Management learned in 2 years working time
friendly co-workers
I had to do different kind of task as an assistant manager
nic and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 9, 2016
good and fast service.
Understanding Mangers.
friendly co-workers.
Stress free job
work environment made job enjoyable.
Good people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 7, 2016
The co workers were great and we had very good customer service, never had a long line up so people were happy !
Pros
Good people
Entertaining
Key Holder & Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2016
This business is very fast paced, and the management is friendly. On a typical day the management and co-workers work alongside to ensure customer service and display merchandise for customer's buying habits.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJuly 4, 2016
Some days are very fast-paced. Co-workers are incredibly helpful and good to work with. Management is also very helpful and understanding.
worplace
ISle owner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2016
was a very efficient company that provided a wonderful work place and gave a great balance between work and home life and provided us with a wonderful working environmant
Pros
great hours
Already done
Merchandiser/Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Midland, ONJuly 3, 2016
See previous review that I have provided regarding the company Dollarama. I have worked at 2 different stores 1 in Ottawa and 1 in Midland.
Pros
see other summary
Cons
see other summary
Friendly work environment with helpful associates
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2016
- Hard-work

- Feel positive when I have helped a customer or settled a dispute regarding a store issue

- Friendly co-associates

- Learned numerous important skills and lessons - Problem solve
- Delegate/Manage
- Team player
- Responsibility
- Punctuality
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Over-emotional Manger
A great part-time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 30, 2016
Those who work at Dollarama have taught me so much, and the experience I have from working there will help me for years to come. The management at particular stores leaves much to be desired and sometimes made work unbearable, but a part-time job is necessary for a student to pay the bills. My co-workers always made it worth working there.
Pros
Learning patience and people skills.
Cons
The manager you get is either amazing or makes you want to quit.
My first long term job
customer service (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 29, 2016
Great store to start my work history. I picked up many skills while working in Dollarama such as, helping customers find their products, sanitary maintenance, opening stores and learning to work with new people.
okay work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ONJune 28, 2016
Dollarama I find is a good place to work but lacks in areas where change is needed. Dollarama needs to focus on there Salary and benefits as well life balance
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Summer job during high school
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edson, ABJune 28, 2016
Typical high school job

Small town loyal and friendly customers

Management was great

Most of the staff were nice people
Always busy but best job i ever had
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2016
A typical work day included pulling stock, stocking shelves, helping clean, helping close the store, and cleaning.

I learnt everything I know about working from working at the Dollarama. I was once told by my manager that I could go far in this company or in any retail company because my sale skills and how great I am with customers was really good.

management was a little on and off at this company. Stress played a big part in it and the supervisors weren't as patient or willing to teach like I thought they should be. I love almost everyone I worked with and made very good relationships with a lot of people.

The hardest part of this job was trying to get all your stuff done in one night. I was always very busy and never stopped moving until the end of my shift. The best part of this job was being able to stock my "aisle" and see that all my work that night paid off.
Pros
long hours, split shifts, decent pay at the time
Cons
nothing
Very lively environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2016
Being a cashier it's always an amazing experience to interact with so many customers everyday. It also helps me improve my communication and customer service skills.
Poor store morale
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJune 26, 2016
I worked at Terminal Park Plaza in Nanaimo BC. It was worse job I have ever had. The manager is very unprofessional running around all day like a chicken with her head cut off accomplishing nothing. Yet heaven forbid you did not accomplish your 5 carts in a 5 hour shift despite spending most of your day as back up cashier and breaking skids.
Pros
You get to see merchandise as it comes in.
Cons
No benefits, low paying, poor morale and not a team atmospere
Good for a first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 24, 2016
This job gives a basis on what are the daily tasks in customer service. You learn how to be a cashier, a clerk, how to place products, and constantly learn a different routine for the same tasks, as managers and staff often change.
Older job
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Islington, ONJune 23, 2016
Long days
Material handling
Management was okay
Hard part were the long days
Enjoyable part was going home
Co wokers were funny