Dollarama

Dollarama Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Full time cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 6, 2015
Dollarama is a great place to work. A typical day at work was like going to spend the day with friends. The team work was fantastic. Management was very understanding, my co-workers were friends. There was no hard parts with this job. The most enjoyable part of this job was going to work!
productive and safe environment
Stacking (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
It was a blessed day
I have learned to stacked shelves and to be organized
The hardest part of the job is making sure that the people get what they want
The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone gets along fine
dollarama
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 29, 2015
Pros: co workers were friendly
Cons: not enough hours
I got along with the other employees, and also with the customers. I was a cashier, stocked shelves, sorted and cleaned up at the end of the night.
a typical day of work
receiving/Stock associate/sale associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: fun, good environment
A typical day is i clock in at work then it begin my shift and which I begin to open boxes and putting the items on the shelves and also helping costumers find what there looking for.
Dollarama
sale associated (Former Employee), DartmouthJune 23, 2015
Pros: hoilday partys
Cons: no time off during holidays
When we show up for work we punch in and talk to the managers to see where we are at if we are on the floor in the row or if we are on first cash. We would get to work and have fun with the co-workers while getting the work done and help customers the hardest part was the lack of hours and benefits and the most enjoyable part of my job was the friends i made and laughs we had and the customers i help.
fun
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee), calgary abJune 20, 2015
stock shelves, count stock everyday, you have to work fast, management was good best part is seeing new items hardest part is lifting heavy items. coworkers were awesome to work with.
Face-pace
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 19, 2015
This is a part-time position for me:
. I work 4 hrs
.Management is very understanding
.The hardest part of my job is lifting heavy boxes
Decent job, don't take it if you need a lot of hours.
Keyholder/Supervisor (Former Employee), Brandon, MBJune 16, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, some good team members
Cons: bad management, bad scheduling, bad team members, people not receiving what their promised.
Clock in, count the safe, count the petty cash, check the list and see what needs to be done, double check the schedule and make sure that everyone is doing their job properly. Also cashed out the tills, opened and closed the store, stocked shelves, and cleaned, ect.
Fun place to work but low salary
Customer Service and Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 16, 2015
Pros: I found out that you have variety of items to buy
Cons: No good work benefits
I got along with my co-workers. I helped customers find what they were looking for to buy. I tried to work and do my very best so my workday is enjoyable.
A good to place to work but can get busy at times
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 11, 2015
If you need a job this not a bad place , but trust me it can get busy. But my co-workers and managers were pretty chill though.
Really Great for a first job
Key holder/ Shipper-receiver/cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 10, 2015
Very simple operation, you were a cashier and merchandiser you would back up main cashier when needed. Salary wasnt great at all but hours were good. Management team very understanding.
Great place, great experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, OnJune 5, 2015
Pros: Great culture
Cons: Hours aren't stable
I am very versatile and friendly at the workplace. I assisted others when needed and get my job done as well. Great customer service at work.

A typical day at would be first filling the drinks in the fridge, than helping on cash unless manager gives me a project, I than would merchandise or break down skids and become backup on cash. At the end of the day I would sweep and mop and also do returns and than help close the store.

Management is great. Staff are hard workers and are striving everyday to do better for their job.

Overall was a great culture and great experience from working there.
Nice place to start.
Store Associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 2, 2015
First experience in Canada. Management and peers always ready to help. Very intensive though interesting job, no time to get bored.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee), Erin MillsJune 1, 2015
Pros: Positive enviroment
Cons: Not enough diversity
A typical day at work would include clocking in, arriving at appointed position (cashing out, organizing aisles, backroom unpacking). Often switching roles with fellow employees which would result in boost of engagement in assigned tasks. I learned that the customer is always right and it is the workers job to ensure customer satisfaction. I also learned disciple and determination to get through long hours at work. My co-workers allowed my hours at work to be enjoyable and quick. there was nothing in my prior position that I found overly difficult. I found each task given to me, to be new experiences and additions to my overall position. I enjoy working in challenging work settings to challenge myself with different work and Dollarama had given me many individual tasks that allowed me to attempt new duties.
Being a Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee), Kanata, ONJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: Not as busy and not much things to do so shifts feel longer
A typical day at work for me can be pretty boring specially when its a slow one, i love being on cash because i get to interact with customers and talk to them i love to make conversation with them and make there day by making them laugh half the time. i learned a lot with my job experience specially as a cashier, attitude changes everyones mood in a second i love to be enthusiastic with my coworkers and customers. i don't really have a hard part in my job but the most enjoyable is working with co workers and meeting regular customers everyday.
Productive and fun environment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 30, 2015
Pros: fun, enjoyable
I started my day by going into the backroom and checking my schedule to see where I was (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, cash) once I found out if I was not first cash I would go to my supervisor and ask what needed to be done and since my shifts where normally 4-930 shifts I would be asked to clean the store from isle 1-10.. periodically going to cash to ring through customers or helping customers with what they are looking for.
Overly busy place
Cashier/ Stock (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 25, 2015
Pros: Good work experience
Cons: Low pay, short hours.
Very busy work place, always stuff to do either stock or cashing people out, it makes your day go by very quickly. Always under staffed with how busy it always is.
Productive and Fun place to work at
Associate, Cashier, stock (Former Employee), Port Hope, ONMay 25, 2015
Pros: Amazing team to work with
Cons: Old Manager
Working at Dollarama was extremely exciting and fun.
We had a great team when we first started out and opened.
We all worked hard together and got along.
That quickly ended when a new manager came in and started to fire all of us one at a time.
I had an altercation with the new manager who tried to fire me after I had a serious medical issue which stopped me from lifting things that were too heavy. She said and I quote "you ability to perform your job is slacking a lot, and I'm going to have to let you go" I quit at that point in time.

She's no longer there now.
Fun people to work with.
Assoicate (Former Employee), Niagara Falls , OntMay 25, 2015
Pros: you can do shopping during after off duties
Cons: manager says " there might be an opportunity for part time when under seasonal contract "
• Smooth work flow and easy to get things done when need it.
• I learnt soft count.
• Management was great with me.
• Friendly co-workers was a factor was a great thing for my time there.
• Only hard part was standing long period of time or unable to finish your daily task for the day during rush hour.
• Enjoyable part of the job is friendly customers and see them the next day.
Easy workplace for beginners
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Current Employee), OntarioMay 24, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff, easy work
Cons: Constant changing of management, low hours, min. pay with no raises, terrible benefits
Best part about this job is that its easy work and doesn't take too much thinking. As a sales associate/merchandiser I work the cashiers and put out product/maintain appearance of the shelves and walls. All of the duties are repetitive so it becomes very easy to grow lazy and bored of it all depending how long you stay there. Management at the store I work at is constantly changing, assistant managers and key holders are coming and going monthly. This makes it hard to build personal relationship and trust with staff. Co-workers are usually amazing and make the job worth the while. They are there to talk to when the store is not busy. I have learned from this job that being at the management level in retail is very stressful and doesn't provide many pros for wanting to move up the ladder. Dollarama is a great starter job for high school students or anyone without job experience. Dollarama is a multi-billion dollar company and should consider upgrading the benefits for full-time staff and offering a more competitive wage or offering raises every so often.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more