Dollarama

Dollarama Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
over worked
Manager (Current Employee), edmontonApril 10, 2014
Pros: decent wages
Cons: long hours
Competitive market, hard to maintain a proper work/ life balance.
Enjoy working in a past faced environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), WinnipegApril 4, 2014
Everyday is a busy day, since its business is retail. I've learned how to make use of POS terminal, assists customer in their needs. Enjoy working in a past faced environment and deals with a different kind of people.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Essa Road, Barrie, OnApril 1, 2014
Pros: excellent staff to work with
Cons: no break unless you work a five hour shift (15 min.), or eight hour (30 min.)
A day at work consists of a very busy shift. Excellent customer service is provided no matter how the day is going. I usually learn about one new item that the store has received. Management is very fun to work with as well as co-workers. The hardest part of the job is knowing every bar code and items that are located within the store as it has a very – more... large inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with all of the friendly customers by making sure their shopping experience is a good one. – less
Exciting and productive place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee), Quesnel, BCMarch 31, 2014
The most enjoyable part of any typical workday was interacting with customers and coworkers
fun workplace
CASHIER (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 28, 2014
working at this location at dollarama is an a funny experiences. everyone is so happy and nice and they will make you feel like your at home. training is very easy and very fast. management is very easy to talk to and get enough shifts.
Hard
Keyholder/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 21, 2014
Pros: people i work with
Cons: negative environment
I start at 6:30am and spend the first 2.5hrs merchandising. I also am a keyholder so I am responsible for cash handling, the safe etc... I help other staff with their needs as well. I get along with all I work with. It is a difficult job, but we the staff do our best to laugh and make the best of it.
Great workplace serving customers
Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 19, 2014
Pros: cheap stuffs and in-exhaustive number of items
Cons: inadequate number of hours
liked the job because it fitted my time schedule and it was my second longest job inCanada
Fun place to work, great people.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), ottawa ontarioMarch 17, 2014
Pros: getting to see what new products were out.
Cons: not getting enough hours, and the store closing.
Every morning I would punch in, go into the "warehouse" and grab a dolly of boxes to be put onto the shelves. I was taught how to "face" an isle. I was taught to work a cash register. And how to properly stock a shelf. The management team was great.
Hardest part of the job was only when I first started. Getting to know everything at once. Most enjoyable – more... part was working on the floor, dealing with customers and being first to see what new products were coming out. – less
Strict
Cashier (Former Employee), winnipeg, mbMarch 13, 2014
Cons: long hours, horrible customers
our dollarama is one of the best in the city. our manager is very strict and gets mad at you for anything but runs the place well. I hate my supervisors except for one. the customers always complain and mess up the store so much that you sometimes have to clean two hours after close... the hours such and if youre a cashier youre standing your whole – more... shift. – less
Fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 12, 2014
Pros: paid 15 minute breaks for every 4-5 hours worked
Cons: must take a lunch break
The staff there is very friendly and funny. The most enjoyable part of the day is being on cash. I learned what it feels like to put in a hard days work. My co-workers are amazing, everyone there is great.
Very nice envirmonent, friendly staff, great store
Cashier, Stocker (Current) (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecMarch 10, 2014
Pros: great enviroment, friendly staff
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work is being at the cash for most of the time, I serve on 2 cashes at the same time, helping 2 customers at a time.
When customers are not around I stack up gums, lighters, batteries, lollipops, chocolate, replace bags, sweep, basically tasks around all 6 cashes.
A typical day at work
Part Time Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: meeting good people
Cons: shot notice for shift attendance
A typical day at work in dollarama consists of us setting up cash and cleaning the store first thing in the morning, making sure nothing out of place. once the store opens if your on cash you stalk the gum and chocolates. we write up damages and dispose of them, when all that is done we refill the coolers and glasses, then we just assist customers. – more... ringing in purchases and bagging them.
if your working on the floor, you stock the shelves and hooks, lift relatively heavy things, organize the back room.

the most enjoyable part of the job for me was conversing with the customers, and im just happy to work in general. – less
fun place to work
Supervisor/Key holder (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMarch 3, 2014
-arrive early, leave late
-co-workers easy to work with
-supervisors always there to assist with questions
-I loved organizing the shelves, stocking and cleaning
Physical work, not so good salary.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 2, 2014
Yes, the job is very physical and you'll find yourself hauling boxes all day.

And you'll do it for close to minimum wage.
A great place to work for part time students.
cashier/aisle owner (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: not many hours from january-june
Worked at dollarama for a year and a half as a cashier and Aisle owner, must say it was the best part time job ive had, it can get very old very fast if you work a lot of hours.
work was easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: easy
Cons: bad hours
the people were friendly and the store was clean. the hours were never consistent and the pay wasn't good.
only good for a first job
part-time cashier (Former Employee), dartmouth nova scotiaFebruary 19, 2014
very crowded and busy. customers are sloppy. its not very organized. management is all over the place. very little hours and very little pay.
not very fun, didnt fit in
Key Holder (Former Employee), Terrace, BCFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: good brakes
Cons: not very fun people
getting treated badly, defiantly learned a lot working wise, my co-workers were not very nice.
A great place to interact with customers and gain more communication skills
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 18, 2014
-being as a cashier i have learned a better way to communicate and improved my customer service skills
-i have also experienced merchandising skills while working in the aisles
-comfortable working environment, a good work relation with all the co-workers
-the difficult part is handling the boxes on daily basis and properly set them in the stock room – more... and constantly moving up and down on the ladder
- what i enjoy the most is providing our customers a better service and help them out with anything they need – less
customers are number one priority for me
Key Holder (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 15, 2014
it's great to work there, trying to help the customers, trying to get your stock out, dealing with customer service providing them with our policy.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more

Dollarama Photos