Dollarama

Dollarama Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very easy going
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 3, 2016
i liked working as a cashier very easy and easy to learn the task that needed to be done on a daily bases. fun working with co workers
Terrible Place to work
Key holder (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Coworkers mostly nice and enjoyable to be around
Cons: Poor hours, terrible management including District managers and Store
For the first few months at Dollarama it was great hired as an assistant manager given A LOT of hours and nice cheques. After I finished training which I was not even given due to being transferred store to store for cleaning and pushing out stock I was sat down by my manager in our store office and given a choice. Either take a FORCED demotion or start the process of me being dismissed due to improper training I know have very little hours after giving them upwards of 60 hours a week when I first started. Poorly ran stores, terrible management and favourites is played ALL THE TIME.
good bosses
Cashier/stock person (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: nice people
Cons: hours
they were very friendly staff as well as a very clean work environment, the work was easy the management was fair, the co-workers were kind. the hardest part was nothing.
easy going
Store Manager (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: working with good people
Cons: Long hours during christmas
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Dollarama but I am looking for a place of employment to make a career. The pay for managers should be much higher depending on the store level.
Super Stressful
Supervisor (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 27, 2016
Worked super hard because only allowed a certain amount of hours . Got paid nearly minimum wage even though worked the same as management. Some nice people but management always changing
Amazing place!
Cashier (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCJanuary 25, 2016
I was a Cashier at the one in the Driftwod mall in Courtenay and it the entire staff is so nice, and forgiving, and flexible! I should have been fired but they didn't even get mad like eer! And are super chill with me taking time off even if it's last minute
Productive and fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Fun place to work
Cons: Long Hours
A typical day at work would be unloading merchandise from pallets, pricing and stocking shelves in timely manner, Operate cash register, count and balance cash register, help customers find products in the store.
Everyday was a new learning experience from interacting with people from different background to learning new technology.
It's an okay company but not great
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: basic understand of work requirements and responsibilities
Cons: lack of benefits and low rate of pay
loading and unloading pallets of store merchandise, sorting merchandise according to designated aisles, stocking shelves after pricing merchandise with price guns
Productive place with lots of interactions with people
Cashier and sales person (Former Employee), Quebec City, QCJanuary 14, 2016
I enjoyed working for the Dollarama Company. Employees were fun and my boss was so nice to me.I learned a lot of things that can serve me in customer service.
productive
cashier (Former Employee), 605 rogers roadJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: meet people
Cons: not good hours
A typical day at work would be normal the environment is not that bad. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers but always ended up dealing with it in an appropriate manner
Excellent Management
Key Holder (Current Employee), Wallaceburg, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Friendly Atmosphere
Cons: Long Commute
The Dollarama that I presently work at is an incredibly welcoming atmosphere. The employees are always willing to go above and beyond to help the customer.

My typical day at work consists of; breaking down the skids that come in daily on week days, sorting the merchandise to go in the appropriate aisle, and working in my assigned aisle to fully restock the aisle to the best of my ability. I complete the closing procedures and confirm that all money is safely deposited before locking the doors at night. When I work mornings, I unlock the door and proceed to complete the opening procedures.

I have learned how to handle a heavy amount of responsibility and pressure. I have also learned how to effectively problem solve.

The management at Dollarama was completely knowledgeable about Dollarama products as well as procedures. I have the honour of being a part of the management crew. People feel comfortable enough to approach me with any questions or concerns that they have. Whenever I have a question or concern, I know that I can always go to my manger.

The most enjoyable part of my job is honestly the co-workers. Everyone is happy to be there, and are willing to assist you with anything that you may need. I have the privilege of obtaining amazing friendships with many of my co-workers. Another thing I enjoy about working at Dollarama is being able to be social with the customers. I always give them the attention that they deserve.
Store Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Everyones positive attitude and happy workplace
Cons: Unable to transfer
I will miss every one of my co workers, I'm so happy Dollarama gave me a chance. I loved waking up and going to work every day because that's how amazing everyone working their is :)
Great customers
sales associate and cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: helping customersfind what they are looking for is rewarding
Cons: management issues
Great customers but lacking in management team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management that didn't seem to have the employees best interest. I thoroughly enjoyed helping customers and working with my coworkers.
acceptable work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: i can transfer to other location if i am moving
Cons: i do not feel learn anything about that job, and it is not a good job for long run.
it has been my part time job when i was in school. I enjoy serving different personality customers. all co-worker are really nice and helpful. however, work hours are not stable, and salary is low.
Great Workplace!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Great workplace with amazing staff. Increased my customer service skills. I learned how to work in a high volume environment as well as ensure customer satisfaction.
I have a great team
Store Manager (Current Employee), NBJanuary 1, 2016
Everyday at Dollarama is a unique day, never a day where things are the same. My co workers are great, the most enjoyable part of my job is that I love developing my team to make them stronger and better employees and people.
Productive at Dollarama
Merchandiser and stocker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
Pros: Two 15-minutes breaks, 30-minutes lunch break
Cons: Coming too early like 7 am to work, too late to finish work like 6 pm and thus going home in rush hour
I was in training at Dollarama. First I helped with loading the baskets, shelves, brackets, carts, shopping carts, cashier's desks, and shelves for the bunkers. Then, I helped unload the pallets from the truck and unload the boxed goods and items from the pallets. After that, I was trained how to put the goods and items properly on the shelves. Also, I put hooks on the wall with different items. The hardest part of the work was adjusting the shelves according to the size of the items. Another hardest part of the job was looking for a box of a particular item in order to re-stock that item on the shelf. The co-workers were okay. The supervisors who were training us were friendly except two. There were two co-workers who were not okay in my opinion. One was too much boasting of her background and say Canada is not better than Greece and has too much attitude. The other barely spoke any good English and did not understand anything and made herself not understandable to others. The manager was okay.
Hard working employees
Supervisor, Cashier, General worker (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 26, 2015
I had to deal with unhappy clients every day in a very professional way by following guidelines and keeping a happy and kind attitude.
fun and friendly
Cashier/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Ajax, ONDecember 22, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: no real advancement opportunity
loved working here, the management can be hit and miss but most of mine have been good. hardest part would be some of the rude customers love how like a family the staff becomes working as a team.
Terrible.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Regina, SKDecember 17, 2015
Hardest part was going into a messy store because the day time staff believed it was up to us night time staff to make it clean.
Headquarters