Dollarama

Dollarama Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Happy environment, customer service skills a must
Cashier/Floor worker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2014
A productive workplace, with a friendly atmosphere. The customers can be difficult to work with at times, but nothing a little experience in customer service can't resolve.
at work
Cashier/Merchandiser/breaking skids (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 16, 2014
Pros: good co workers
Cons: bad management
my job was easy, not complicated at all, great co workers just not good management
Great Workplace Atmosphere
Cashier/Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: low pay
As of late a typical day goes a little like this:

After I clock in I break down a few skids, maybe put out some stock and if we're busy maybe I'll be a backup cashier.
Overall I liked the job
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 13, 2014
I enjoyed this job the most because I liked all aspects of the job but the location closed down. I was a cashier and dealt with customers and handled money. They provided flexible hours and would work around me.
A great friendly atmosphere with a great team of people to work with.
Former Cashier and Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Pickering, ONOctober 13, 2014
Pros: easy tasks, positive reinforcement was always given out, great group of people to work with, etc.
Cons: long hours, always on your feet, there was always something to fix and do, lunch was short, etc.
My experience with working at Dollarama was amazing. I worked with great enthusiastic, welcoming, social, group of employees. Everyone was always willing to help each other and our customers. We always had people coming back giving compliments and motivation to keep working harder and better. There is nothing I can complain about working at Dollarama.
Hard working and fun environment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Simcoe, ONOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: not enough hours
Amazing co-workers to work with that are willing to help if you have any questions.
fast pace and rewarding!
Store Manager (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: low wages
an exciting and rewarding place to work. they lack some essential standards and tools to get your job done efficiently but it looks like they're headed in the right direction.
Productive and physical
Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 7, 2014
I learned new management skills while i worked there. My co-workers were amazing and fun to work with. A typical day would consist of doing counts, receiving product, delegation of tasks.
good place to work for
Sales Clerk/ Stock Person (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good hour
Cons: good hour
it was a good place to work at the co-workers were nice & friendly
Dealing with the public!!!
CASHIER (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaOctober 6, 2014
Pros: getting to know the customers.
Cons: having to deal with intoxicated and customers that are high.
Learning to have patience with unruly customers.
our manager is a very compassionate man.
Always fast-paced with a team atmosphere.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Port Colborne, ONOctober 6, 2014
Pros: some weekends off.
Cons: often manager needs to do stock duties due to low salary budget.
Managing a Dollarama is never boring. There are many challenges and management is very hands-on working alongside your team.
The store manager should be able to wear many hats from merchandising stock, receiving freight, to human resources and some office duties. Hours can be long, but there is a balance being one of the few retailers that alow rotating – more... weekends off. – less
Great for part time work
Customer Service / Stock person (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great hours during the summer time
Cons: lunch area is small
Great for students, especially during the summer time. You always have something to do and usually with minimal supervision.
Fun work place, great staff.
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Olds, ABOctober 4, 2014
Pros: the hours
Cons: not a great source of income.
The shifts I worked varied. I used all of my experience that I learned from my former retail jobs. The management could have used a fixer upper but it was not horrible. I loved my co-workers while working here, we laughed a lot. The hardest part of this job is that I was the only employee who worked in town. When there was a blizzard or something, it – more... was me who went in, sometimes from open to close. I loved the people who came in and out, new faces and old. – less
productive, fun working
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Former Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 2, 2014
Pros: intresting interacting with customers
Cons: long hours
in the morning i clock in to work and then go to my till and clean the till area i fill the bag area and count my till. i great each customer scan their items let them know about pricing . give them their right amount of change and send them away. Im friendly and poliet, never had conflict with co-workers. i use my effective communication skills to – more... resolve any missunderstandig with co-workers and manegment. the most enjoable part of working at the dollar store was helping lower income people. – less
Productive and living earned job
Stockeeper, Cashier (Former Employee), surrey,bcSeptember 26, 2014
Cons: limited/less job hours
A Good job but with limited hours. This is my second job after immigrating to Canada and i like it the most. As this job has given my a different experience about retail which was quiet different from my previous experiences. Here i got my first promotion from associate to a key holder with in 7 months of joining so it gains my a lot of confidence in – more... myself.Here i worked as a stockkeeper, cashier and keyholder too. But still i want more things to learn as i can devote more time and hard work. – less
Extremely challenging , required to work in excess of 70 hours per week
District Manager (Former Employee), Central and Northern OntarioSeptember 26, 2014
company has lost it's moral compass and has gone from a culture of stakeholders to a culture of shareholders. It's all about the quick fixes of finding cost savings on the short term at the expense of the store staff and its management.
Short sightedness of the current cut backs will show immediate dividends, but once the competition figures out their – more... distribution network, you will see a huge impact on Dollarama's sales and profits.
The Head Office lacks proper resources and has promoted people with insufficient skill-sets and and favouritism runs rampant in respect as to whom gets moved up.
The current and new COO does not understand the business and appears to be taking advice from poor sources.
The middle management teams have been restructured but have been weakened as many long term successful people were packaged out in the interest of the current bottom line – less
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 24, 2014
• Ensured customer needs and satisfactions were met
• Prepared the store with stocks/ cleaned, and returns were re-shelved
• Responsible for ensuring the cash is counted
Helped open the store and was only hired to help open
Inventory Stock Team Lead - Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCSeptember 21, 2014
Came into work always positive and help build the store with excellent staff and i learned a lot about how to help build a store. I was there for about 2 months and the hardest part about the job was starting at 7 am but in the end I wake up early anyways so it did not matter. Getting my work done the fastest and most efficient was my favorite part – more... of the job. – less
Learning to management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: to many hours
Cons: long hours
I learned how to work in team and buy my self.
How to be multitask
Excellent first job to find out what sort of worker you are.
Key Holder (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Upon being hired at any Dollarama, you are trained to handle cashier transactions, merchandising all sort of product, how to properly speaking to customers with a friendly attitude, and how quickly you need to accomplish all this on a daily basis.
For many who are hired, this is their first job and many think it's a breeze. Working at a Dollarama is – more... very fast-pace and never ending between aiding customers, stocking shelves, ringing through transactions, and cleaning up every aisle constantly. You can definitely not be afraid of hard work and constant work at Dollarama.
It it however an excellent place to develop skills you would otherwise not pick up in a slower environment. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more

Dollarama Photos