Dollarama Employee Reviews

Found 1,140 reviews matching the search
The work itself was good until new management came
associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2017
The work was flexible for a student, its just the hours that you may ask sometimes is not enough. You work hard and still gonna be the, same position and same job. Overall, it was just flexible.
good workplace
Customer Service Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 April 2017
It is a good place for students or people who would like to work part time. You will deal with people most time. The hardest part of the job is not enough hours.
Pros
easy job
Cons
not enough hours
enjoyable workplace with great accommodations
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 April 2017
Ranging from all areas at work, i did all tasks with enjoyment. the management was friendly and the customers were great, adapting was easy due to the overwhelming security we felt as employees. the job was fair most simple and had no issues
Pros
accommodating break periods, very friendly
Cons
short days
productive and fun place to work
Caissière/Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 April 2017
working in public help me a lot with my communication skills salary was ok I learned a lot of great thing lots of different cultures I loved very much my work great experience over all
Pros
free lunches
it was kind of bad
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 April 2017
it sucked. i worked there 2 years and they laid me off after my operation. the boss was okay, but was a hypocrite. she fired a coworker of mine because she wanted to go on vacation.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
only part time
Work
Cashier User (Current Employee) –  1620 Albion Road, Etobicoke, ON M9V 4B424 April 2017
I have learned a lot about customer service and how to deal with customers. A great and easy place to start off a career. Dollarama provides a ot of fast paste multi-tasking when the store gets really busy. For people who are really worried about how work is its a great place to develope your experience.
Pros
Balanced hours when it comes to school
Cons
Lots of work in a little time
Cashier and Stock Person
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 April 2017
I worked at Dollarama during the Christmas season. Great first job for parents right after maternity leaves and students. Management wasn't the greatest.
Repetitive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 April 2017
Was a good place to work for awhile but gets old quickly. The managment has no regard for work done and prefers to give friends the better jobs regardless of if they just started or not.
If you want to start to work fast, this is the place
Key Holder/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 April 2017
Short time vision. I can see a lot of work on logistic, controls and planning, because the operation is huge and works. But all that professionalism, does not permeates down the organization until the personnel on Stores.
Pros
Fast and simple hiring procedures
Cons
Corporate climate does not exist on Stores. Very low salaries
Horrible place to work, 10 hour days, no overtime.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 April 2017
In my time there, every single night we were told to sign out at the regular time, but would then spend the next 1-2 hours off the clock cleaning the place. We were never compensated for this and expected to keep quiet about it.
Delivery and Shipping
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 April 2017
Great time in the office always busy and and contacting other companies, and giving them term agreements and being on Microsoft access, excel, word. and receiving invoice and credit notes.
Fast-paced and make sure to have a good relationship with your coworkers!
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Cloverdale, BC21 April 2017
A typical day at work was fast-paced as customers would constantly be coming in and purchasing. This is especially true if you're working the cash; You would have to be able to efficiently and effectively go through a line-up that would span all the way to the back of the store, finish any additional tasks such as pricing and sorting through items to be returned to the shelves and all the while coordinating with your coworkers to ensure that there is a smooth flow of tasks and all customers are helped. Add to this that you have to have a more than passing familiarity with the location of constantly changing and expanding stock means you must be alert and focused while tending the cash. While it was physically and mentally challenging, it really helped to hone my ability to manage time, multi-task and interact with customers and coworkers alike.
typical work as a cashier and merchandiser
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 April 2017
very busy day but good. The day goes fast when your busy working . The company is good for those who seeks job temporarily for students and newcomers. You get benefits but not much.
so nice
stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2017
i like to work in dollarama because in dollarama everybody work in team.if you work in dollarama yu can learn stoking and cashiering. also you will be know how to talk with customers.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager/Acting Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2017
I worked varied hours on a regular basis. You have lots of supervisory support which was always helpful. I had to supervise between 10-12 people on a regular basis but as long as you have everyone organized with their assigned tasks you will generally have a good work day.
I enjoyed the Baker Drive Location but not the Sydney River location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS19 April 2017
I enjoyed working at Dollarama on Baker Drive, Dartmouth, NS.
I was basically left alone at first to stock the aisles. Then I had to go on cash. It was full time at first because it was a new store. Then as the weeks went on because I was moving the manager gave me less hours every week. I did get a transfer to the Sydney River store in Sydney, NS but they were an older store and didn't have a clue how to run it. I wasn't able to move into my home first and then go to work. I had to work out of living in a hotel and then try to move into my new place and juggle trying to work full time hours. I then became ill and had to go off on sick leave. To this day I have not received any pay stubs or T4s for the Sydney River store. I ended up quiting this job.
Pros
i was able to transfer from another store
Cons
never got any appreciation
Searching for employment to join the workforce
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 April 2017
Being organized for the next task of my job helps my day at work ,makes things easier with our daily routine for our management team and co-workers to be on time with that being our typical day
the hardest part can be replacing someone elses job title and trying to finish your own.
Pros
Having employment interacting with my skills and other people
Cons
If i cant complete a task in a timely manner
Great Working space.
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
Amazing customers and co-workers, friendly management staff. Good hard work required day in and day out, over fun great experience never a dull moment either.
my first job
Key-Holder/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 April 2017
I started out as a Cashier than got promoted to Key-holder. So I did learn a lot from how to stock shelves to inventory and manage my co-workers. With learning how to manage my co-workers gave me more of a role by managing money and opening/closing the store by myself.
Efficient
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 April 2017
Dollarama is a fast paced environment. It keeps you on your feet all day. You are constantly moving, which I loved. The training system dollarama has is very thorough. Overall a good place to work, great management.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Hard to get reliable staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollarama. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8