Dollarama

Dollarama Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overly busy place
Cashier/ Stock (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 25, 2015
Pros: Good work experience
Cons: Low pay, short hours.
Very busy work place, always stuff to do either stock or cashing people out, it makes your day go by very quickly. Always under staffed with how busy it always is.
Productive and Fun place to work at
Associate, Cashier, stock (Former Employee), Port Hope, ONMay 25, 2015
Pros: Amazing team to work with
Cons: Old Manager
Working at Dollarama was extremely exciting and fun.
We had a great team when we first started out and opened.
We all worked hard together and got along.
That quickly ended when a new manager came in and started to fire all of us one at a time.
I had an altercation with the new manager who tried to fire me after I had a serious medical issue which stopped me from lifting things that were too heavy. She said and I quote "you ability to perform your job is slacking a lot, and I'm going to have to let you go" I quit at that point in time.

She's no longer there now.
Fun people to work with.
Assoicate (Former Employee), Niagara Falls , OntMay 25, 2015
Pros: you can do shopping during after off duties
Cons: manager says " there might be an opportunity for part time when under seasonal contract "
• Smooth work flow and easy to get things done when need it.
• I learnt soft count.
• Management was great with me.
• Friendly co-workers was a factor was a great thing for my time there.
• Only hard part was standing long period of time or unable to finish your daily task for the day during rush hour.
• Enjoyable part of the job is friendly customers and see them the next day.
Easy workplace for beginners
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Current Employee), OntarioMay 24, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff, easy work
Cons: Constant changing of management, low hours, min. pay with no raises, terrible benefits
Best part about this job is that its easy work and doesn't take too much thinking. As a sales associate/merchandiser I work the cashiers and put out product/maintain appearance of the shelves and walls. All of the duties are repetitive so it becomes very easy to grow lazy and bored of it all depending how long you stay there. Management at the store I work at is constantly changing, assistant managers and key holders are coming and going monthly. This makes it hard to build personal relationship and trust with staff. Co-workers are usually amazing and make the job worth the while. They are there to talk to when the store is not busy. I have learned from this job that being at the management level in retail is very stressful and doesn't provide many pros for wanting to move up the ladder. Dollarama is a great starter job for high school students or anyone without job experience. Dollarama is a multi-billion dollar company and should consider upgrading the benefits for full-time staff and offering a more competitive wage or offering raises every so often.
Stressful, no advancement, allot of drama.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 22, 2015
Pros: Decent Work
Cons: Drama, Stress, no time for a life.
There was too much drama in the workplace, management lacked managerial skills. They promise promotions and then deny them only days before promotion is due to go through.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Orleans, ONMay 21, 2015
I enjoy working at Dollarama. Typically it is my duty to act as a cashier. What I like about my job are my fellow employees who are friendly but what i don't like is the lack of work i have been scheduled for
tough work environment
Retail Operations Manager (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great people busy and enjoyable
Cons: Micro Managing
Micro managing by District Manager was a very hard task at times. With the amount of merchandise received everyday and micro managing from District Manager caused a disengage between myself and my staff. However, I truely loved the Dollarama pace, it is extremely fast and lots of great people that were employed. I guess it was the Micro Managing that caused opportunities.
good to meet new people
Stock Person/Cashier (Former Employee), winnipeg manitobaMay 19, 2015
Pros: hours were good
Cons: pay not that great
i have learned to do cash stock person and met nice people i worked with .i would get to work and do what i was told like start stocking shelves before the store opened .then get my float for the day and get started on the till.
Don't do it.
Retail Associate/Isle Owner (Former Employee), aldergrove,bcMay 19, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Long hours, excessive labor, poor wages, poor benefits
I took this job to build a work history in Canada, working for Dollarama was the biggest mistake of my life.

If you like pain, no support. Poor management, no resources, being consistently understaffed for months at a time, ten cent raises,working every holiday and excessive blackout periods for vacations then Dollarama is the place for you.
fast paced work enviroment friendly work enviroment
Cashier/Inventory/stock (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 19, 2015
typical day at work would be:
*answered questions for customers
*start with inventory check and count backroom and my assigned isle
*stock and face isle for customer satisfaction
*worked on cash and duties that followed
*clean up at the end of the day for closing and prep for next day

I enjoyed most- employees and the environment
hardest part- doing the inventory for gum and chocolate (in baskets counting 1 by )
Substantial workplace
Merchandiser, Keyholder, Crew Opener, Cashier (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 15, 2015
Pros: People, Customers, Friendly
Cons: Attitude, organization
Dollarama is a great place to work, friendly people and overall good environment to work in. The Company is the old school pen and paper while we strive to do more the company doesnt recognize strong people within their company
flexible time
Cashier/Team member (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCMay 15, 2015
working at dollarama is a nice place to work at, its normally quite busy in the day and less busy at night. the co- workers are friendly and they are helpful. its very busy in festive periods
Fun work place, a very understanding manager.
CASHIER (Current Employee), Yorkton, SaskatchewanMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free food, awsome co-workers
Cons: Not enough hours, always sutting hours.
A fun work place, free donuts sometimes, free pizza sometimes, wonderful people work there. Just not enough hours as the head office is always cutting hours temporarily and it just is not fair.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), 3730 Lake Shore Blvd W, Etobicoke, ON M8W 1N6May 13, 2015
Dollarama was a brand new store, I had to help set up the new store. Some of the roles were: restocked, cleaned and cashier.
Productive and fun workplace
Stocking product, cashier (Former Employee), Vernon, BCMay 12, 2015
At Dollarama, you are working hard in a fast paced environment. It's a lot of work but the coworkers there are wonderful. They are understanding, and very helpful. They are very hard working individuals. They helped me learn how to operate a till and assist customers in a timely yet friendly fashion.

The hardest part would be the fast pace but the best part is working with so many great people and meeting new people every day.
Loved it !!!
Excellent customer service (Former Employee), Trail, BCMay 10, 2015
It was a Great environment to work in and communicate with people.
I had all Good co-workers, who helped with training and helped with understanding daily routine.
Dalloramma saskatoon
Main Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 7, 2015
At Dalloramma as the main cashier I ensured customers found what they were looking for as well as always making sure they have a great day.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Wallaceburg, ONMay 7, 2015
I would come in and take the boxes off the palette and put it on the cart for my aisle and then go to my aisle on appropriate hangers. I would occasionally get called to relieve the cashier when there is more than 4 people in line or when they went on lunch. I would drop money for every $100 I made. I helped people in the store find things.
Positive work environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 6, 2015
Developed accuracy and numeric skills in completing bank deposits
Strengthened customer service skills by helping and serving customers
Strengthened accountability and mathematical skills in operating the cash register
key holder/sales associate (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEMay 6, 2015
fun place to work..cleaned condos and enjoyed the fun loving enviroment that donna provided..made cleaning fun..would love to work for her again if she ever starts to clean again

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more