Dollarama

Dollarama Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and an enjoyable job
Cashier/stocker (Former Employee), shawnessy, calgaryAugust 20, 2014
Displays stocks, do inventory, and do as back-up cashier. Learned the importance of clients to a business. Supervisors and co-workers are working together for customer's satisfaction.
The hardest part of the job is the storing of stocks because of the limited spaces.
The most enjoyable part is being a cashier, helping customers finding what they want – more... from the store, and displaying and arranging items. – less
Fun Work Place for those starting out.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Langford, British ColumbiaAugust 20, 2014
A typical work day would include meeting customers and helping them find what exactly they needed.
I would help with shipping and receiving, stocking, clean up, petty cash, and transactions.
I enjoyed dealing with customers
cashier/stock (Former Employee), Gravenhurst, ONAugust 19, 2014
Pros: dealing with customers
Cons: shortage of hours
I would work as a backup cashier, i would stock my isle and when i was finished i would help any other employees with there isle if needed.
Growing company
Senior Real Estate Lease Administrator (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCAugust 12, 2014
Structure and culture needs to be improved and management is not always the most professional. Senior salary rolls are reasonable but junior roles needs to improve.
fast paced work place, friendly management
Key Holder (Current Employee), Markham, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: good place to work, many new things to learn, good management
Cons: repetitive work, slow growth, less hours
working here as key holder, staff is nice, store manager is always ready to help. So many products hard to remember initially but it helps you playing with your mind. back end process is very slow though. Need to modernize infrastructure.
caring people
Coo-op student (Former Employee), Orleans, ONAugust 11, 2014
The Dollarama is a wonderful place to work at is not that hard and you do something new everyday and they people there are really caring.
dollarama
Customer service and cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2014
dollarama is such a great job that gives you so many great experiences.
Fast growing company
Account payable clerk (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCAugust 7, 2014
Step by step on job training
Fast past environment
Open type management
Dollarama Summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 6, 2014
Pros: fun, fast paced, time goes by quickly, regular customers add a personal touch to every day
Cons: inconsistent hours, sometimes stressful
A typical day at Dollarama consists mainly of one-on-one customer service experiences. Between ringing in purchases and assisting in finding the perfect product, I find myself pretty busy. I also am required to break down skids, stock aisle shelves, keep pop coolers filled, and ensure the store is tidy at all times.
My co-workers have all become very – more... close friends of mine as most of us have been there for a long time. My time at Dollarama has been so far almost 3 years. Work is always fun because I know I'll be with my friends and second family. I've never had any hard times getting along with new co-workers and I find that when I first started I was made to feel like family almost immediately.
The hardest part of my job is keeping those impossible to please customers happy. I believe everyone should walk out of an establishment feeling happy, rather than upset or angry, so I always take it as my personal duty to put my friendly smile on and do my best to please them.
My favorite part of my job is when my regular customers come in and greet me by name, talk about whatever. It really lightens up even the most brutal of days. – less
was only there to set up the store
Store set up (Former Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 1, 2014
I was only there to set up the store and then they let me go. I learned how to set up the store and I always worked hard.
Not Great
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), BellevilleAugust 1, 2014
not much learning.
coworkers are great.
hardest part of the job is getting up to go to work.
most enjoyable part of the day is the end of the day
Great Job
Key holder (Former Employee), Richmond HillJuly 31, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: some co workers.
I enjoyed management, opening and closing the store.
I had keys and codes to the safe and store. I was highly trusted by the company.
Alot of work to be done at Dollarama
Cashier/Stock Person (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJuly 31, 2014
Cons: alot of call ins that i took with no question
I would come to work punch in and either be on cash and serve customers to cash them out or be stocking/cleaning. I learned which products were a good score and which ones were cheap and a waste of money. I also learned how to stock the isles, take down a seasonal section and put up the new season of items. The management was fun and also meant business. – more... There were many different co-workers some were just nice and easy to get along with and some that just caused drama because they could. The hardest part of the job was keeping the entire store looking tidy. The most enjoyable part of the job was just the experience. – less
Was taught basic skills and learned how to work in a stressful environment
Cashier, Stocker, and Key-Holder (Former Employee), Lacombe, ABJuly 29, 2014
I learned how to manage money and stock, and help customers. It was very basic - it was a good first job. I was promoted to key holder during my time there, so I had numerous responsibilities.
Overall, my experience was good. It was not an ideal job, but it was a good job to have while earning money for college.
my review
cashier (Former Employee), prince albert saskJuly 29, 2014
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: short hours
low pay, work place was good fast paced easy only thing was no room for raises or promotions
Productive and enjoyable job
Store Associate (Current Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: not many shifts
A typical day in dollarama, I am working on cash, merchandising the stock, or cleaning the store for night duties.
I learned about merchandising as I have not worked with merchandise before. I also learned that I have worked the best way I possibly know, I am a strong worker, and learner. I like to take the lead with any job that is given to me.
I really – more... enjoy working with my co-workers.
There is no hard part of my job.
The best part of my job that I enjoy the most is being able to provide the best customer service to the customers, and the compliments that I recieve. – less
it was a good experience
setting up the store (Former Employee), terraceJuly 25, 2014
a typical working environment. i enjoyed my time working with dollarama. i also liked that i had a good time working with setting up the store. ````
a smaller yet enjoyable work place
Floor worker (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 25, 2014
while working at Dollarama iv earned many new skills such as working cash putting away stock and breaking down skids, the work environment is very clean and well organized, my co-workers are very friendly and easy to get along with in any situation, the most enjoyable part of the job for me is breaking down skids because i like labor intensive work.
Always new products
Key Holder (Current Employee), Riverview, NBJuly 25, 2014
Cons: long days no discounts
its an alright place to work if you dont mind retail work hours. always new items and neat stuff coming in for a good price too,
work
Stocker/cashier (Current Employee), Stratford, ONJuly 24, 2014
Well I work two jobs currently in Stratford, ON, I'm moving down to Toronto,ON sept 1 and have been looking for work,I've been working at food basic for 2 years in sept 2014 and Dollarama for 1 year as of July 2014. What I do at dollarama is I stock my shelves and also am a cashier there, at food basic i'm just a cashier,I love both my jobs and the – more... people I work with i'm hoping to stay in retail in whatever company I can get myself into – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollarama

Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores. Dollarama has grown to become a household name, – Read more

Dollarama Photos