Dollarama Employee Reviews

Found 1,023 reviews matching the search
Best place to work for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ladner, BC19 February 2017
As a student, I enjoyed working at this place. There was no extra pressure to work from managers. We had our fixed schedules and I learned so many things here.
Unfriendly working place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sheppard, ON18 February 2017
Had bad experience since my co-workers were unfriendly. Instead of encouraging and helping one another, co workers were talking behind backs, and in competition. They let you work more than you needed to.
Cons
No teamwork, unfriendly working environment
Didn't love it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON16 February 2017
My first job. Wasn't a positive experience. Customers were rude, employees hated their job. Management was unstable and we went through 4 managers in the period i was there.
Productive and fun workplace
Store Setup (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 February 2017
I worked at Dollarama as someone helping with the new store set-up. Most employees were very friendly and productive. Everyday was a busy day and I enjoyed helping stock the shelves. The hardest part of the job would be some heavy lifting, yet I managed very well.
Bad place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 February 2017
Working at Dollarama was a joke. They expect you to be constantly making changes on the till. You are also responsible for stocking and cashing out customers at the same time (which is impossible to do when stock is in the back, and its busy).
Worked here for a year
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC14 February 2017
I absolutely loved working at the dollar store. If ever you are offered a job here, i would recommend that you take it 110%. Great people and its a good balance between young adults and experienced adults.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Manager
Frustrating and busy
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON13 February 2017
A typical day at work includes dealing with idiotic customers and worrying if you're gonna have enough hours to pay your rent. Workers are not paid enough.
fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS13 February 2017
working cash and working with money.love the custurers.great place to work and you know that you work 8 hours a day.love working with money and paper work.
Pros
warm
Cons
co-workers
It was a good store to work in
Key Holder/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 February 2017
A typical day consisted of cashiering, merchandising, assisting customers and had to help other staff. Was sad that the store closed when the mall closed that area off for construction.
Pros
It was a good place to work
Cons
Certain staff members didn't listen well
I loved working with Dollarama.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC11 February 2017
Enjoyed interacting with cusutomers.
All the colleagues were friendly.
For me there's no such hard part of the job. Manager was really good and working with Dollarama in general is pretty awesome.
Cons
cashier has to call key holder if customer wants to void any item that has been already scanned, which takes a lot of time and same with the price override.
Clerk/Stocker
Clerk/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON9 February 2017
Responsible for stocking, cleaning, and maintaining one departments counts and stock bins within the store.Cash handling, float counts at opening and closing, and customer transactions,.
Followed all company policies regarding Health and Safety.General customer service.
Hard but rewarding work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, QC8 February 2017
A typical day as a sales representative at Dollarama involves dealing with customers, helping them find what they are looking for and processing their orders. One has to count and re-conciliate the cashes at the end of the day and prepare the store for the next business day.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great experience.
Cons
Shortage of working hours as part-time employee
Terrible managment and culture
KEY HOLDER (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS7 February 2017
Do not give you enough time to do tasks, poor communication, schedule you on days you need off, a lot of rules and restrictions, a lot of demands, people complained about everyone and everything, no trust in employees or customers.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
culture is terrible
Fun and alot of interacting with customer's and employee's
Stocks Boy (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON6 February 2017
I have just recently started at Dollarama, and we have just opened a new store. There was alot of work to do with organizing and training as well.
Pros
Once the stores open's and everything's running smoothly, things will not be so overwhelming.
Cons
Part time for now until I can obtain more hours.
Tiring workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL6 February 2017
This job is pretty busy, most times you are not bored because there is always something to be doing. I learned how to keep the store neat and tidy and also learned all my cashier skills here. Most of management was OK but there is some that were just not fair and picked favorites and were just rude. The hardest part of the job would probably be dealing with all the different types of costumers but the best feeling is when you stop someone from stealing. I always left this place sick or in a bad mood tho so it wasn't the job for me.
Pros
Got payed
Cons
Always made me sick
Non reliable hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 February 2017
Was told in December that i would be on part time, after working nearly 30 hours each week, then as soon as January came, they cut my hours, but hired new people. Im now lucky to get 10 hours a week.
Cons
no hours
tough, crazy and tiring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2017
the location I worked at was just constantly busy a lot theft happens in the store. when it comes to theme merchandise they carry in the store very rare that the shelf is ever empty.
Faced paced, co-operative, and organized workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS4 February 2017
Everything you need to know is posted up ahead of time and in easy to find locations. You are pushed to get better with every shift as work becomes familiar and you become more comfortable with the store's layout. Everyone works as a team with their own tasks, but will help each other in a pinch.
Pros
Easy to learn work, fast pace, good co-operation
Cons
Mixed bag of customer interaction, very tight time crunch
great learning, enjoyed customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 February 2017
I enjoyed my job greatly. I enjoyed learning, customers..the hardest part of the job..was getting less hours and more work put on me..
fun
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON2 February 2017
I enjoy working with the public. This position gives me that opportunity to do so. I am also excited to see new products come into the store on a daily basis.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
not enough work hours available

2.8