Dollarama Employee Reviews

Found 1,342 reviews matching the search
Dollarama was a very pleasant experience
cashier, handling and verifying cash (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON14 October 2017
I had a good experience working for Dollarama. The management was very kind and treated me aswell as other workers well. I learned the ins and outs of retail at this job.
Pros
The managment team
Cons
not enough hours
fast paced
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 October 2017
i think my 5 years at this place has run its course I feel I have to move on to bigger things more options are out there for me .
the people are like family and I think they are all wonderful .to work with.
Pros
fulltime
Cons
heavier lifting
interesting job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON10 October 2017
there are alot of nice people that you meet but some of the people you work with are hard to deal with. i wasnt given the chance to go up in the work place and when i asked to be given the chance i was egnored.
Pros
good experience for other jobs
Cons
conflict of interest within the buissness
prouctive and enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 October 2017
it was a little easy going job always something to do never just standing around with nothing to do hours weren't so bad just wished there were more opportunities to get extra hours closed early on weekends and wasn't open holidays so it never really took away from your plans
Pros
leaving early sundays and holidays off
Cons
short hours
Review
Merchandiser/Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 October 2017
recieving payments from customers by debit cash or credit. Moreover, merchndising and keeping the store clean and organized. Not enough hours for part time employees
Compagnie en croissance constante
Gerant de district (Former Employee) –  Montreal4 October 2017
Travail exigeant pour les gérants mais une bonne école dans le marché du détail.
None productive and not a safe place to work
General Labourer / Moving (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 October 2017
The facility was overpopulated and over heated no supervision no help long walk away from public transportation disorganized unsanitary and with a low salary
Pros
Free lunch
Just a job
Cashier / Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2017
Ok job for a newcomer .The Manager in that time very professional,understandable and very helpful.I was working mostly in the evening ,I was attend the school in the mornings .Overall ok.
salut
STAGE (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC2 October 2017
j ai aimer travaillé chez Dollarama .j ai du arrêter de travaillée parce que s était la fin de mon stage.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 September 2017
When I first started management was great. The work was great, got a lot of old folks come in and they were so nice to talk to and help. I made a lot of friends there.
After we got new management Dollarama went down the hole. The new manager was a bully. We were one of the top stores in the district and when she started we went down to last. Work became harder and not so fun anymore.
Besides the manager I loved working with the staff, they were very fun to work with and very helpful if you needed.
Most enjoyable part of the work would be stocking isles with close coworkers, or when "regular" customers came in and would treat you like a friend.
Pros
Fun Enviroment
Cons
Managment
Productive workplace
Cashier/Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 September 2017
A typical day at the Dollarama consisted of stocking shelves, checking isles to make sure there were no items out of place, and spending some time on cash. I learned that organization in the workplace is first and foremost. The managers I worked for were all very nice people and knew their jobs well. The hardest part of the job was getting everything needed out of the stock room quickly and onto the shelves. The most enjoyable part was being on cash and interacting with the customers.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
On your feet all day
Dollarama
Cashier and stalks person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
Typical day at work is being on cash, or a stalks person.
you begin breaking skits in the morning, and push out the stalk in the isles.
Cashier is the easier part of the job
Stalks person would have a tougher day just because you have a short amount of time it finish up your isle and cart from skits.
Pros
always busy
Cons
Not enough hours
good
Stock Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON27 September 2017
i worked theuir for a long time almost 4 yyears i liked it but their was sooo much drama their i just culd not do it after a curtain amount of time i just didnt care about the job anymore
Good starting job.
General Labour and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 September 2017
Dollarama is a great starting job for students or those making money until they return to school. They offer full time hours and are very nice and welcoming while still maintaining the reproach necessary to improve.
Pros
Fun. Good people.
Cons
Physically demanding and monogamous at times.
Fast paced retail environment
Supervisor, Merchandiser, Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 September 2017
Every day you had to unload 3 to 5 skids of merchandise, display it in the required aisle, spend an hour or so on cash and take out garbage and recycling.
Pros
Hours worked great with a family at home
Cons
Pay was not very good
very busy
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2017
was a fast moving environment and great place to work enjoyed the time i was there and with the management. I worked there for years and enjoyed it the whole time.
Fun fast paced during seasonal time
Temp Assignment (Former Employee) –  London on21 September 2017
I enjoyed working here, friendly staff and co workers easy to learn the cash system and everything else it's pretty basic, the hard part would be extreme lineups and scanning hundreds of items per day
fun workplace with variety of customers
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 September 2017
Dollarama is a good place to work, fun environment and good employees too. It is good to see variety of customers and different situations. It would be better if the training for management employees will be professional.
keyholder
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS20 September 2017
working as a keyholder was good but felt I could not move up in the company. I had good coworkers but the upper management was difficult at times. Also wished for more hours.
Pros
Near my home
Cons
no advancement
Hit-and-miss hours and questionable staffing
Part-Time Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2017
Hours ranged from 1 4-hour shift a regular week, to nearly 40+ during a renovation. Overall, a good place to work, however hiring choices were sometimes questionable (ie. hiring lazy and apathetic individuals who do the bare minimum required of them).
Cons
Widely varied hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollarama. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8