Dollarama LP - London, ON
Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores and has grown to become a Canadian success story.
Dollarama is committed to meeting and exceeding its customers’ needs through providing a comfortable and convenient shopping experience with the right merchandise at an affordable price that will keep its customers coming back.
The Store Manager oversees the daily retail store operations. Working as part of a team, the Store Manager is accountable for the completion of all the duties necessary to operate a Dollarama store on a daily basis.
The Store Manager is responsible for the following:
· Managing the resources of the store to maximize results and store appearance while making sure to constantly have inventory on the shelves;
· Recruiting, developing, training, and motivating a team of Assistant-Managers, Key Holders and Store Associates;
· Ensuring that company rules and regulations are explained, understood and properly followed by all team members;
· Managingthe work schedules according to the budgeted hours and business needs;
· Managing and resolving customer complaints, questions and/or inquiries;
· Ensuring the inventory counts (on-hands) are done in a prompt and precise manner, in order to ensure proper resupply of goods;
· Ensuringthat store opening/closing and asset management procedures are properly followed;
· Ensuring that employees work safely and apply the standards required by health and safety.
· Operating a cash register.
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the retail industry, including at least 2 years in a management position;
· Knowledge of the French language;
· Flexibility with regard to availabilities and work schedules (day, evening, week-end);
· Ability to work in a fast paced and high volume environment;
· Ability to efficiently organize time and manage priorities;
· Strong leadership and communication skills.