Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

It was an enjoyable place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON22 June 2017
Everyone worked together as a team. The shifts were short there fore not leaving enough time to get everything done. It was messy and unorganized but everyone worked together to keep it clesn.
It was a fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC21 June 2017
The management team lacked in skills to help the rest of the team in everyday tasks, such as inventory, stocking shelves. Etc.I loved the job, just the manager wasn't a very organized and respectable person to work for. The company overall wasn't for me. I would like to have job security and benefits for me and my family.
Fun place to work
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 June 2017
My day started with opening the cleaning room and collecting supplies for the day . I then would fill my cart with clean sheets and pillow cases, bathroom supply's ,I would strip the beds put clean bedding ,I would dust and wash TV,lamps,table,walls,vacuuming ,bathroom,change towels, clean and pick up garbage ,change garbage, replace soaps ,shampoo, cups
Pros
Make own hours
Cons
Cleaning gross thing
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK17 June 2017
I had a good like working there you always had something to do to keep busy. The co-workers are good and got along with them very well. The management was great was always there if you needed something.
very fun and easy to work all the training hands on an in booklets
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB16 June 2017
The people environment everything about the dollar tree was a good experience for me and what I I learn that anything is possible when I got my manager position it's was amazing
Pros
good people
Cons
gets dirty fast
Productive, took ideas and let you be involved. Felt important.
ASM, cashier, stocking (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON 265 coxwell ave2 June 2017
Honistly my favorite job I have ever had. The staff was amazing, the atmosphere and general vibe was better than any job I have had since I have started working. Ever. Like any job there are holes in the company, like wast and maybe ways or organisation. But the store manager and even districts Managers where willimg to Help you change prosegers. All in all managment has been very helpfull and Has given me a confidence I never had befor working in this Company. Im sure not all locations are like this but 9/10 would recommend.
Pros
Willing to work with your schedual.
great for a first job
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
great team members that get alone with everyone, help out the best way they can and show great communication skill,do things like for example clean the front area without ask to do so.
Pros
get extra shift if needed
Cons
rude customers
had a good time there.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 May 2017
sometime is hard to work there because on weekend we are under staff. so we have to do everything cashier's job. clean the store.. i mean we are kind a rushing because we have to close the store on time to..
Great First Job Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 May 2017
I've enjoyed and continue to enjoy working at DTC for the past 3.5 years. All my coworkers and supervisors have always been very friendly and accommodating around my school hours and other needs. I have gained a lot of confidence and experience with interacting with the public through this job. The only downside is that there isn't much opportunity for raises, as I've been making minimum wage this entire time.
Pros
Friendly Staff & great customers
Cons
No raises
Pleasant place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON11 May 2017
Friendly staff and they provide good training. Willing to spend more time training if needed. Part time hours are the norm. A great place to work..

Want to know more about Dollar Tree?

Ask a question
The job is not complicated, and promotion is easily achieved if you show determination.
Sales Associate/Part-Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON9 May 2017
A place where you can get experience, and if you're a workaholic and work hard a lot, this job is for you because you do everything here on your own most of the time.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Understaffed
great place for work
Team Leader/ Key holder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2017
the team at this place were great, very supportive loving and encouraging.This company provided me the chance to develop my administrative skills and also guided me through my hard times.
Pros
supporting staff
Cons
far from home
fun workplace, feeling of accomplishment
efficient customer service (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC24 April 2017
overall a great place to work with great people to work with. I have never experienced anything that I couldn't handle or any employees with which I could not work with.
Pros
great staff
Cons
not enough hours
Amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB21 April 2017
This is an amazing place to work. The people are fun and the customers are great. During the time I worked there, there was a huge turn-over rate which was difficult ti work with, but other than that it was amazing.
Pros
Paid lunch and break
Cons
Turn over
My roles
Part-time Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON18 April 2017
Open and close the store
managed the team on a daily basis
cash flow and balance
inventory and stock the store and kept it organized
friendly towards customers and co-workers
fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC18 April 2017
It was a fun and exciting place to work at every day. The staff was great to work with. The management was good in recognizing your accomplishments and advanced you.
Pros
great management
Cons
nothing
Awesome
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB9 April 2017
I didn't care for the management if she didn't like you she could cut your hours back so that's why I went to easyhome but I stocked shelves and ran till
Review
St-Paul, Alberta (Manager) (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB7 April 2017
It was a great place to work, management was very supportive and unfortunately a member of the family was in need of help and i had to leave my position which i was very upset doing.
Pros
Control over store
Cons
Not enough employee hours to run the store
Not a good place to work
Full Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON3 April 2017
Manager is rude, ignorant and a big bully. She takes all your creative ideas and makes them her own. Manipulates other associates as well as District Manager. Once you're in her bad graces, there's no turning back. She forces you to quit.
Pros
Cons
every weekend/low wages
Bad company to work for
District Trainer/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 March 2017
This company seeks only their benefit and cares not for its managers or its employees.
The upper management such as the district managers and higher up only see the dollar figures.
At times only two associates to run the entire store
Safety is a concern
Pros
Cons
Long Hours if in management which works out to the same rate of pay as an associate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7