Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Had some good moments but poor planning
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 December 2016
There was not a lot of planning involved with getting the store ready and ended up with no communications about important problems many times, first manager was friendly but was left just as stranded as the rest of us
Disorganized and unprofessional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON (Bath and Queen Mary Road)23 November 2016
Hired without interview, reference, criminal record check! No training! Extremely disorganized and dirty. High turnover of staff. Unwelcoming atmosphere.
Pros
It was some money coming in and I gained experience.
Cons
Unprofessional, disorganized, dirty, poor hiring and training practices
productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2016
work
learned new stuff
management is good
friendly co-workers
hardest part is picking getting your numbers
most enjoyable part seeing friends at work
Pros
free food sometimes n bonus
Cons
no benifits onless you get hired
It's alright
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2016
I learnt how to run a store without management being there. Training cashiers, handling cash, helping customers, dealing with complaints. Receiving products ex coke cola, old Dutch, submitting payroll, making up the schedule.
great...
Stocking, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK13 November 2016
working at dollar tree was great because of the fact the manager was awesome, the pay was great, and also everyone was friendly, working at dollar tree i got taught things i didnt know about like how to do pay roll and also the co workers were very helpful, the hardest part of the job was losing the job by relocating for school
Good job
Organizer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 November 2016
It allows you to gain knowledge of the buissness world and teaches you how to see the people you serve as more then just another thing to get over with during the day
Pros
Great co workers
good experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 November 2016
my job atmosphere is very nice i like to work with my co worker. all are nicely people behaviour. every thing are good. i do freely work no stress their.
Pros
lots actives
good
I enjoyed working in all the dollar stores
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 November 2016
i was able to meet new people every day and regular customers who kpet coming back to visit us.

And also getting to know where everything is in the store i was able to help customers with their needs.

dollar stores are a good place to work.
Pros
able to keep busy at all times
Cons
when store isn't open long enough, but once we were closed for the day i looked forward to coming back the next day
Cashier-Positive experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON31 October 2016
Dollar tree was a great working environment. I got along very well with my manager, who was very helpful whenever I needed it. There were many customers who were fairly difficult to deal with, as well as unusually difficult responsibilities, but my manager was always right there to help resolve any issues I had. The only major drawback was monthly payroll, rather than bi-weekly.
Pros
Exceptional management, Fair hours
Cons
Monthly Payroll, Difficult customer base
Retail Enviroment
Full Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON27 October 2016
This is a typical Retail environment, run by a large Corporate company from the USA. Nothing bad to say about them, the staff is what makes it worth working there.
Pros
Small Store - friendly Staff
Cons
Shift work
Workplace Summary
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK23 October 2016
I currently work at DollarTree and it is a great place, I am currently working a part-time job and looking for full time. The people I work with are great. They are very understanding and fun to be around. I love meeting new people and being a cashier is a great way to be able to give people the service they need. I can provide them with information that they need regarding anything in the store. The hardest part of the job is dealing with thieves. You need to approach them in a very professional manner. The best part of my job being able to meet new people daily.
Great Work Experience
Cashier and Stock (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2016
Working at Dollar Tree gave me great working experience. As a former employee there I would rate the overall experience five stars. Working there gave me multiple experiences for example cashier and stock, I also had experience with working with complicated situations dealing with the costumer and I was able to sort everything out. This job prepared me for future jobs and how to deal with future issues.
Pros
co-workers were very friendly
Cons
had to stay after hours to organize money
good management poor hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 October 2016
I like working at dollar tree. the management was helpful and understanding my co workers we young and still learning themselves though.
good place to work part time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 October 2016
Its a busy store and a typical day would consist of multitasking stalking shelves and serving customers ,unshopping and keeping the store clean and tidy .counting your till at the end of a shift .
Cons
lots of theft
Upper Management Terrorizes Employees.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC8 October 2016
The upper management of this company terrorizes managers and associates alike. Company policies are non-nonsensical, and the people running the company appear to have little-to-no sense of what works on the floor when dealing with customers and with daily tasks. I would not recommend this company to anyone looking for a job.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Management.
Fun work place, very freindly staff.
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC4 October 2016
The dollar tree was great work experience, I learned a lot in the time I worked there, my co-workers were a bit slower than me but that would be because I was the youngest one there! In a typical day I would open the store in the morning, than stock shelves and watch cash if the cashier went on there break.
Looking for full time employment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC4 October 2016
I am looking for a fun, fast pace environment to work in. I love working with the public and have amazing customer service skills. I enjoy being part of a team and reaching company goals.
Good staff
Store Manager/districk store trainer (Former Employee) –  Hawkesbury, ON3 October 2016
Daily plan. Plan the scheduling for staff give them task and direction. Make sure order are in the systeme or submit store order. Listen to client or guide them trought the store. Huddle in the morning and afternoon for the next shift
dollar tree
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 September 2016
I am currently working here and it is a pretty easy job if you can handle multitasking. The manager and other employees are very nice and helpful. I really enjoy working here, just hard to get more hours with my availability.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
haven't come across any
Easy going workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 September 2016
Work at this location was the same for everyone. To work as a cashier to asked to clean the store. Both tasks are simple and are done by all workers. Cleaning the store is not difficult, only tedious as merchandise is frequently misplaced.
My only comment is this workplace consists of many customers will wish to argue or insult you or hit on you. For my specific location this happened on a daily basis.

2.7