Dollar Tree
3,465 reviews

Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Productive environment where I learned a lot of new skills and enchanced my customer service
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2015
Dollar Tree provided its employees an exciting and productive environment. I learned a lot of new skills and enhanced my customer service skills along with gaining strategies that helped me attain my sales targets.
shelf stocker
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 20, 2015
I liked working for The Dollar Tree But not my kind of work

The Management was great to work for

the co-workers were helpful
Good Place to Grow & Learn
Store Operations Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Development
Cons: Not Enough Hours
Great environment, with supportive management who will make time investments in your development. Only issue is they offer everything at a PT level, and I need FT - otherwise, good company to work for.
An alright area, but very unorganized
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 5, 2015
Pros: No pros to list
Cons: Long shifts, you only get a 30 minute break if you work longer than 5 hours, 10 minute breaks otherwise
I learned how to use the cash register accordingly, how to count the money from my till at the end of the day, and how to do stock. My hours, and the days I worked, were usually scattered around the week, despite the times and hours in which I put in so that it could work around my schedule. The management team is OK, nothing too special. My co-workers were fantastic, a jolly group of people that I could rely on. The hardest part of work that I would say, was having to mop and sweep the entire store with only 2 hours to spare. ON TOP of having to watch the register sometimes. Please note that none of this was electric. But the most enjoyable part, was the 10 minute breaks. Just getting to relax. Other than that, I hate it there.
productive and fun to work with
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: 30 minute break
I worked opening shifts and closing shifts..I was the main cashier and mostly the only cashier open unless it gets really busy then I'd have to page my co-worker. The hardest part of the job is when people would buy so many things and I'd had to scan it and put it in the bag myself. Especially when they bought something fragile so I'd have to wrap it up in a news paper. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I met a lot of people cause Im the cashier and they'd tell me how their day was and how'd they compliment me about my name and all that. The management were good.
Overall decent company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 14, 2015
As a Store Manager at Dollar Tree you are expected to carry a good portion of the work load. You will be the only person in your store making above minimum wage and subsequently the only person who has a real investment into how the store succeeds. Dollar Tree Canada has had its share of growing pains and they continue to struggle to keep up with the growth.
Needs music
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Squamish, BCJune 29, 2015
Pros: career advancement, coworkers, productive, rewarding
Cons: low wages, no benefits, no music to set mood for working or shopping
Great place to work if it werent for the limtation of the wages and lack of benefits, and it needs music because the dead quiet can be eerie to work in for too long.
Very un organized
Work as a cashier/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Red DeerJune 29, 2015
Managers have a hard time talking to one another, very dis-organised assistant managers always try and do the managers job even though they were just hired to open and close the store,
cashiers are rude to customers they show no appreciation for there jobs at all
Amazing Employer
Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 21, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. You do have an amazing support system in place, and head office is a very accessible place they also have an AMAZING training program
Loved the atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 17, 2015
Started the day with receiving stock and seperating for aisles. Woked on cash register and stocking shelves. Hardest part was keeping the stock on the shelves. Always great customers and staff to work with.
Productive and Fun
Cashier/Stalker (Current Employee), London, ONJune 8, 2015
A typical day at Dollar Tree consists of working with great people on a daily basis, all my co-workers are extremely friendly and are great people to work with along with the managers and boss. I have learned to work well with others, increase my ability to work with money, and product as well with getting along with the customers. I have to say that there are really no hard parts of this job except for the hours they aren't very good but they are better then nothing, the most enjoyable part of working at Dollar Tree is the people I get to work with everyday and having wonderful costumers come in with a positive attitude and outlook on our store.
It's retail..
Cashier (Former Employee), Vegreville, ABMay 29, 2015
Pros: Good system
Cons: 10 minute breaks, 30 minute lunches, max amount of hours able to work was 20/week
It was a rocky start. The scheduling was handled poorly and management wasn't great. When new management came in, things seemed to turn around. Although there was quite a bit of drama, two face situations that I felt to be uncomfortable. I always felt that I was being talked about so I kept my personal matters private. I approved of the system we used and had no issues with the work and customer service involved.
Fun work place
renovation (Temporary) (Former Employee), London, OntarioMay 27, 2015
Love this store, I really enjoyed working with the other co-workers! I would recommend this store to anyone looking for work! They sure know how to keep you busy too! :)
Productive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 25, 2015
My day is pretty simple. Once I get my till up and running, I basically stock, clean, stock seasonal s, take stuff down, organized, etc.. My management team was okay, but i did enjoy some of the people i worked with included a few people from management. My most enjoyable time at work is when i work with good people.
its alright
cashier (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCMay 25, 2015
Pros: good enviroment
Cons: not enough hours
its not the worst job, the people are nice, just dont give enough hours.
huge con is they dont play any music so you are left standing there doing nothing.
they have only ever given me 4 hours and 45 minuets, never a full 5 hours.
Balance work life,good environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: low rate wages
Love the working environment.
Management and workers have open work policies.
enjoyable and fun working at Dollar tree.
Good Management.
Good workplace with friendly staff.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orleans, OntarioMay 5, 2015
Pros: Good Work Environment
Cons: Not in my field
I learned a lot about business strategies and how to take on a leadership role. I enjoyed working with the staff and got along with everybody. Hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers and trying to fix the problem. Most enjoyable was being able to help a customer.
It was ok to work at but there was no benefites
Cashier Shelf stocking closing and opening store (Current Employee), Prince George, BCApril 27, 2015
Pros: it was a job
Cons: no benefates
It was a job I only got part time hours and really wanted to work full time it had no benifates. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Productive but fun environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 23, 2015
Pros: 30 minute lunch
Cons: Long hours on your feet
Everyday at work was like home too me, everyone was so nice even the general public made the time fly with working there. Cannot complain about anything with dollar tree
Fun place of work with good co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Orangeville, On.April 21, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work
Cons: To many tasks put onto one person at a time
A typical day at work is usually kind of slow. The store is located in a small town so the only time we are super busy is during the holidays and weekends. I learned plenty about shipments and how to properly merchandise. My co-workers were great and they still love when I come into the store to visit. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the most amount of product out in a shift but also being a cashier at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my job was again, working with my co-workers.

1 2 3 4

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree, headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, operates 4,351 stores across the 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Dollar – Read more