Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical day at work
Part-time Cashier/Stocking Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 7, 2014
You are just given an "apple seed", it is were you're duties and task are written for that day that you are working.
Senior Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 1, 2014
I enjoyed the customer service aspect of this job and making sure the store ran smoothly. My employees were top notch, and had no trouble following instructions.
My only complaint with the company was the lack of direction from senior management. We were given a booklet when hired that explained the rules and how the company was run. Senior management, – more... that came in once a month, was always changing the rules or saying that they were not important.
I followed the way the company wanted things done as this is how I was trained and to me, customer service was key.
I always made sure the customer was happy and the bottom line was followed. – less
Nice and Clean enivronment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2014
Great store, wonderful customers, and easy to work with co-workers.
great staff
Cashier/Sales Associate,merchandiser (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: not enough hours
Productive and friendly work atmosphere an overall busy store
Dollar Tree is a good place to work.
Key Holder (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 12, 2014
A typical day at work is working cash, helping customers, stocking shelves, cleaning the store, depending on shift. My coworkers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers, but the most enjoyable part of the job is making angry customers happy.
very stressful
assistant manager in charge of the following (Former Employee), ottawa on.March 11, 2014
I loved the store and found it very challenging but there was a lot of stress and head games there
Management skills
Store manager (Former Employee), regina skMarch 10, 2014
Pros: building rapport
Cons: no holidays
I have learn how to be leader at certain point. Making strategic decisions and to remain top of the task.
maintaining store layout as per season
Fun place to work at
Assistant Manager/ Cashier (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 6, 2014
Very friendly place to work. Great people to work with. Opened and closed the store, did deposits, counted the safe, did cashier audits, put cashiers on tills and took them off at the beginning and end of shifts, did returns, did write offs ( markup/mark downs), managed the cashiers on duty,
Fun work environment and fast paced
Bench Manager (Current Employee), Penticton, bcMarch 2, 2014
Pros: great industry
Cons: not many incentives
Overall great company advancement is quick and employee morale is high. Fast paced fun place to work always on the go and never a dull moment.
productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), scarboroughFebruary 21, 2014
It was a seasonal job, manager did not evaluate work and made judgement without working or seeing her employees. Otherwise, that is a great company.
a good job for students cant see it being more then that
Cashier (Former Employee), Val Caron, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: easy going, always something to do.
Cons: hours are not vary good.
this is a nice professional workplace that has a good humor and fun nature about its self i the work is never to overwhelming and there is always something to do.
pleasant work place
Shipping/Receiving/Merchandising (Current Employee), st. catharines onFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: not enough hours
early morning hours, stocking shelves.nice people to work with just not enough hours
the dollar tree was a fun and preductivie place to work
Cashier - stock (Former Employee), chilliwack,bcJanuary 17, 2014
i enjoyed working fior the dollar tree company, a typical work day at the dollar tree for me was stocking, cleaning & mop\sweping and taking care of costomers at the front till. i always made sure all my tasks were done by the end of my shift. my boss was a very nice lady butwas hard to work with sometimes, but i never let the affect my work ethic. – more... i liked the pepole i worked with they all where nice and easy to get along with, so theirs not much i didnt like about the job,the haredset thing was when i had too quit because my babysitter had to leave because she was moving. i thank you for your time and i hope you accept me for the job opening

thx
annie – less
Working within a take over
Store Manager/District Store Trainer (Former Employee), 100 Mile House, BCJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: the hourly staff
Leaving a company that a person is dedicated to is a very difficult thing. I will not say things to put the company or myself down.
Exciting , fast growing Dollar Store chain
Consumables Buyer (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: exciting merchandising opportunity, enjoyed interaction with dozens of vendors, merchandising at 100mph !!, satisfying double-digit growth results .
Cons: cumbersome arcane management and information systems, difficult commute, culture of job insecurity
Fast paced marketing experience encumbered by arcane Management and Information Systems . Long but rewarding hours were compounded by difficult commute . Enjoyable co-workers dampened by culture of insecurity due to take-over by U.S. corporation .
fun place to work at, nice manager and coworkers. made me feel very comfortable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 16, 2013
Pros: good management and excellent co workers
Cons: no employee discount
i enjoyed every single shift i worked at dollar tree. the coworkers were great to work with and get along with, and the managers were reliable and easy to speak with. i never had a dull moment at work. i learned more social skills and learned how to come out of my shell more and talk to customers and greet them with a smile.
Its extremely fun work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), kamloopsSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: lots of laughs and my regulars that come in to see me.
I train the cashiers on stock, money handling. Everyday I show up with a smile on my face and have customers laughing when they leave. I count my till in and out on a daily basis. I do stock etc. The management is great, everyone gets along, I truly love this job, but hours are not being met.
Productive, Friendly and comfortable
Cashier/Key holder (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaAugust 14, 2013
Pros: free snacks
Cons: counting tills, they used an older program for such
Working at Dollar Tree was very fast paced and quick, which is exactly why i enjoyed it so much, i love being taught new things and being put on my feet to complete the task which i have learned right away once i got it under my belt. Dollar Trees management had a very close yet professional relationship with us employees which made work a friendlier – more... more secure comfortable place to be, i recommend people who are very outgoing to go there and apply because you speak with the public everyday and you learn new things with the help of great people . – less
clean, organized
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 8, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: short hours
• Served clients in a professional and timely manner assuring that all purchases are quick and complete
• Remained knowledgeable on promotional days, product offers, daily specials and store policy
• Co-operated with a team and shared responsibilities to sustain ongoing customer needs
Commitment to customer service
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioAugust 5, 2013
Pros: good working environment
Work colleagues make it a prime responsibility to put customers first. Everyone has vast knowledge where products are concerned. Store is well organized and clean, staff are friendly and competent.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree, headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, operates 4,351 stores across the 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Dollar – Read more