Dollar Tree Employee Reviews in Canada

Cashier
Sales Associate - Retail (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 15, 2016
Dollar Tree is a good overall experience for a first time worker. It was easy/fun working in the summer however little difficult on balancing school and life.
Pros
good money
Cons
difficult hours
Stress FREE Job!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 7, 2016
I started working at Dollar Tree since January 2016, it's the easiest job I have ever worked because it's pretty simple. Working the cash is easier then dealing with customers, but overall if you like to work in a quiet yet easy enviroment this is the place for you. Staff is great especially my boss, assistant manegers are also the best there is no negativity what so ever in that store. Of course sometimes you get the bad customers once in a blue moon, but in general WONDERFUL place to work at!
Pros
Quiet, Easy to learn, Nice manegment, You can find everything you are looking for in the store! No need to go to Walmart
Cons
Short hours, Full-time positions are ONLY for manegment, Minimum-wage, No Discount for Employees
Good part time job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 17, 2016
A good company to work with if you are a student. A typical workday consists of handling cash, organizing shelves, stocking merchandise etc.....
Good First Job
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 8, 2016
Dollar Tree provided me a base to start my career in the workforce. It was a good first job and I would recommend it to others as the same, but not anything more.
fast,fun and great experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 5, 2016
I have had a learning experience where some people are people to remember. I enjoyed my time here but I'm looking for full time work. Part time is okay for students who are looking for only certain amount of hours. One is never too old to learn. I enjoyed learning new things everyday.
Productive and Fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONMay 2, 2016
Working at dollar tree was a great experience because I was always surrounded by people who I could have a good time with and it was always a fun and happy environment to work in.
Good place to work at and get experience in retail.
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 2, 2016
The shifts i had were releatively short. I'd either have stocking shifts or cash shifts. I learned how to stock, front face, reline isles and unload truck shipments. Management was good and nice and the co workers were fun to work with. Hardest part of the job as having an all day cash shift. Best part was stocking shelves.
Amazing!! Go Check It Out!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, ABApril 23, 2016
Walk in the store and its clean (Quite) but clean, ive worked at dollar tree since it open in Strathmore in November 2014. i worked myself up to assistant manger and store manger for 4 Week. ive learned to love the warehouse cleaning, organizing it and unloading trucks. best part was he co-workers i had. Always bought each others coffee.
Pros
Warehouse
Cons
Cashier
Key holder
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BCApril 15, 2016
cashier clean and filled shelves
as well as closing of store and opening of store.
great place if you are a people person
did put aways
dealt with issues around the store
Productive and Lively Workplace
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 13, 2016
Dollar Tree is a company that always has jobs or their staff to complete. This company pays minimum wage to their employees. The management of the store is divided into store and assistant managers. The assistant managers will always make a person smile. The hardest part of the job is trying to get stock from the cardboard boxes they came in onto the shelves that have not completely emptied yet. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely developing better social and communication skills through customer interaction.
Pros
short hours, flexible hours, great for "busy-bee-workers"
Cons
condescending staff, unexpected grumpy customers, work on holidays
relaxed work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Strathmore, ABApril 10, 2016
Dollar Tree is an easy going, relaxed place to be. Most enjoyable part about the job is seeing the new product we get in and the hunt for an item. We will get customers in looking for something in particular, sometimes we have it and sometimes we don't but usually able to provide with other options that may work for them. Always interesting how creative people are.
Friendly Atmosphere
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 8, 2016
A typical day at MacDonald Cartage would involve setting up all modes of transportation, and checking for on time deliveries.
basic cashiering and stocking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 5, 2016
Very easy and relaxing job. Management is flexible and employees are nice and fun to work with...........................
Dollertree
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONApril 2, 2016
Always busy, with lots to get done. No employee benefits, part-time hours are often too low to maintain happy employees
Although, many of the days were tedious I still had many great experiences with the customers that I served
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2016
Everyday I completed the same tasks and was always told to sell certain products because they were the premium items of the day. Management did the bare minimum for employees and never took constructive criticism from their employees.The most enjoyable part of my time there was that of customer service, talking to customers made my day as an employee of Dollar tree interesting. I did not learn anything new at that job but polished the skills that I already had from previous experiences. Former co-workers were kind enough to show me the ropes of the job without any delay.
Pros
Everyday was someone new to talk with
Cons
Hard work was never noticed
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gibsons, BCMarch 30, 2016
on till
stock merchandise
unload truck
handling safe
co workers were wonderful
i never found anything hard about this job
most enjoyable part was meeting new people
Bad communication
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2016
Management is very dysfunctional, assistant manager lies about employees to get them fired. Co-workers don't like their job and do very minimal work. Hardest part of the job is getting a hold of the general manager and trying to clarify availability. Manager does not listen to requests for working and does not respect my availability. Customers are great and hardly give me a hard time but is easily sorted out when they do.
Pros
Cons
dont respect my hours of availability and schedule me when i'm not supposed to be in
Great atmosphere and very happy people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMarch 3, 2016
This job was a very fun enjoyable job to come to everyday. My fellow staff were very helpful and made the days better. I learned how to merchandise very well at this job, My managers were phenomenol, my co-workers were fun and friendly, there wasn't anything hard about the job, it was easy and fun. I enjoyed my entire experience there!
Very good work environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKFebruary 29, 2016
Management at the Dollar Tree is awesome, really a good place to work and shifts are fun and productive. The people at Dollar Tree are very good at what they do.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 28, 2016
Dollar tree always has work for you to do if not they provide work for you and they always to try and get that task done before there shift is done
Pros
Clean enviroment
Cons
Not enough hours