Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

fun workplace, feeling of accomplishment
efficient customer service (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC24 April 2017
overall a great place to work with great people to work with. I have never experienced anything that I couldn't handle or any employees with which I could not work with.
Pros
great staff
Cons
not enough hours
Amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB21 April 2017
This is an amazing place to work. The people are fun and the customers are great. During the time I worked there, there was a huge turn-over rate which was difficult ti work with, but other than that it was amazing.
Pros
Paid lunch and break
Cons
Turn over
fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC18 April 2017
It was a fun and exciting place to work at every day. The staff was great to work with. The management was good in recognizing your accomplishments and advanced you.
Pros
great management
Cons
nothing
Awesome
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB9 April 2017
I didn't care for the management if she didn't like you she could cut your hours back so that's why I went to easyhome but I stocked shelves and ran till
Review
St-Paul, Alberta (Manager) (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB7 April 2017
It was a great place to work, management was very supportive and unfortunately a member of the family was in need of help and i had to leave my position which i was very upset doing.
Pros
Control over store
Cons
Not enough employee hours to run the store
Not a good place to work
Full Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON3 April 2017
Manager is rude, ignorant and a big bully. She takes all your creative ideas and makes them her own. Manipulates other associates as well as District Manager. Once you're in her bad graces, there's no turning back. She forces you to quit.
Pros
Cons
every weekend/low wages
Bad company to work for
District Trainer/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 March 2017
This company seeks only their benefit and cares not for its managers or its employees.
The upper management such as the district managers and higher up only see the dollar figures.
At times only two associates to run the entire store
Safety is a concern
Pros
Cons
Long Hours if in management which works out to the same rate of pay as an associate
Not a good work enviroment , Extremly toxic, Don't adhear to workplace rules
Stock/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 March 2017
I learned a lot of retail experience, i had the opportunity to do 3 store sets from a empty room to a fully working store in a week, The work place was extremely toxic and they did not follow proper workplace rules
Pros
Was close to home
Cons
Toxic Work Enviroment
Productive workers
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Val Caron, ON29 March 2017
the workers are very positive and helpful towards the costumers and towards other workers. I would not recommend going to work there but would recommend shopping there.
Easy going atmosphere
Merchandiser / Cashier /Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 March 2017
Worked there for quite a few years throughout school and now in the summer when I am home. I have learned a lot about retail and customer service through working here and it's fun seeing all the new product that comes in every week.
Great Team, great store manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC13 March 2017
The manager is a great person, fun to work for. Unfortunately the company does not give enough hours for staff to live off of.
But overall a good place
Pros
good, fun team
Cons
not enough hours after xmas
Productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 March 2017
Store is visited for aggressive customer including shoplifters. Managers do not have enough knowledge on how to manage people. I learnt how to manage people.
Pros
Free vacation time
Cons
Low salary
a typical day at work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 February 2017
its usually pretty busy as a cashier. when not busy, i clean the front, put things away and make sure the front end is stocked. the hardest part of the job is dealing with certain customers.
Cons
not many hours
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB23 February 2017
Amazing people and place to work, the customer were pleasant, the job was easy to learn and gave you lost of opportunity to grow within the business a great place for a career in business
Pros
People
My Work Day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 February 2017
My typical day at work is come in 10 minutes early and start fixing up the store before we open the doors and then we count the cashes and sign in and what i learn from this job is being able to help my customers out and make sure he are looked after at the cash.The hardest part of the job is working with the employees and me having to do extra work because they don't do it right. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the time to talk to the custmers and ask how there day is putting a smile on there face when they come to the cash.
Productive place to work with flexible hours.
Part-time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2017
A typical day would be to cash out every customer, put away anything customers leave behind in their designated aisles, clean around the registers by sweeping, changing the garbage, and by picking anything up that was left around the cash station. It is also my duty to clean the front seasonal area and the front end-caps to make sure it looks presentable when customers walk in.

I learned to be more patient when it comes to customers who might need extra help with what they are looking for, I learned to be more confident when it comes to approaching customers or management and I learned great people skills in which I will continue to keep with me.

When I first started at Dollar Tree I was very happy with management because everyone made friends with each other so it was very comforting. Although as time went on and new management came in, it became a little difficult to get used to so many changes as there was a point where management would change every 3 weeks. It still has been difficult to adapt to because it is different, but it is something I will get used to.

The workplace culture is great because the customers and my coworkers make it that way. Everyone is incredibly kind and I have made friends with them. I love that everyone I work with is very reliable and have positive attitudes because it makes the work environment a great place to be.

After working at Dollar Tree for over a year, nothing has been difficult for me. All I found difficult was trying to learn how to work the register when I first started working there, but that was picked up quite quickly.
  more... Overall it's not a difficult job which makes it enjoyable.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet so many different people and being able to help the customers that come to the store. It is rewarding when I am able to help someone in anyway and working a retail job has been great for that reason.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Disorganized
Had problems with manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB6 February 2017
only worked there for three weeks due to difficulty with reading the schedule causing me to miss too many days. The schedule was not set up in an easily legible way. When I would ask for help from my manager, she would refuse to help, and just watch me struggle or walk away. The customers were more helpful than my manager. Other than that, I quite enjoyed it, as it was not difficult work. While there were no customers waiting to pay, I would be organising shelves, sweeping, returning items to proper section, etc.
Fun to work and great friendly co-workers
Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 February 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Dollar Tree. I wish I could continue to work with them

The day would start walking to the bank before opening to deposit the previous days earnings. Then the day would start slow and pick up every couple hours then slow back down.
very ffriendly and fun place to work, everyone helps each other
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  London, ON27 January 2017
working at Dollartree has helped me to develop my skills with people and how to be more productive with my time .
Each day is a new experience and the workers there are very close knit family type of atmosphere which makes for a good time at your work area. Some of the customers can be very demanding so patience has helped to get thru solving problems each day. The staff there have a good knowledge of the products and the sales of each day...The Manager @ Argyle Mall in London, Ontario, is very knowledgeable of sales and customer service....her name is Mary Antille and she has been with Argyle store since 2014, and working with her , we have seen the shrinkage dropped considerably, and sales has been above normal at times.
My view of Dollartree is that it is very good store to work at and good store to shop at.
Pros
very friendly and knowledgeable of products and sales
Cons
it can be long hours if they get them to work product, get to floor for sell
A great Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC21 January 2017
It was a great place to work. All the coworkers and managers are really nice. I learned how to work a cash register and to get better at counting money. The only thing I didn't was rounding money and getting confused what way to go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7