Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Quiet store but learned lots
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Exeter, ONSeptember 15, 2016
This is my first job and it has been a good learning experience. I enjoy working with the public and working with with cash. The store is quiet, I would like a busier environment.
Excellent despite lack of hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 31, 2016
Didn't get enough hours, but the management team was wonderful to work for, stocking and cashier work to be expected. Minimum wage only
Disrespectful to staff and all customers.
Main cashier (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABAugust 30, 2016
Fellow cashiers we're wonderful to work with, we all treated each other like family. HOWEVER managers continuously disrespect their staff AND the customers. Managers would make their staff feel bad about themselves and their work being done. I have never worked at a place that made me feel so worthless.
Pros
Fellow cashiers we're always friendly.
Cons
managers we're very rude to staff and customers.
Poor management practices and no accountability
Asst. Merch (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABAugust 8, 2016
I was with Dollar Tree for approx. 12 months. In this time the store manager and district managers showed a complete lack of competence in their ability to do their jobs according to company policy. I quit after a disregard for my concerns was presented. The store manager from that time has since been terminated for harassment to myself after I quit, and her own lack of ability. The store itself shows no real signs of improvement, and as a customer it is still visible as to which company policies are not being adequately followed.
enjoyable, fun, healthy work environment, they respect people the way they want to be respected.
Assistant Store Manager -part time (Current Employee) –  Warman, SKJuly 23, 2016
Healthy work environment, people are fun to work with, employee respected, the management are very supportive and willing to help all the time. they will make sure that the employee will get the benefits. they value people, our contribution, and our growth. they treat others equally. that's why i love to work here as a part-time job.
fun place to work
Shelf Stocker (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 22, 2016
I like my job a lot because i get to meet many nice people, i also work with very friendly team . we all work hard together. I enjoy keeping everything clean and tidy .
productive and fun
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 1, 2016
very good work place lots of fun, people were very nice and i learned about different types of products and multiple other things, when i worked i stocked many shelves and refaced shelves to make sure everything was filled, the hardest part was sweeping the entire shop floor and the most enjoyable was when i was able to work the cash register
Pros
free kunches
Overall fun attitude
Part time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 20, 2016
The management and staff have a very good relationship.You can talk to the manager about work problems and usually get resolved. The hardest part for me is not enough hours.I generally feel happy coming to work.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Cashier
Sales Associate - Retail (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 15, 2016
Dollar Tree is a good overall experience for a first time worker. It was easy/fun working in the summer however little difficult on balancing school and life.
Pros
good money
Cons
difficult hours
Stress FREE Job!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 7, 2016
I started working at Dollar Tree since January 2016, it's the easiest job I have ever worked because it's pretty simple. Working the cash is easier then dealing with customers, but overall if you like to work in a quiet yet easy enviroment this is the place for you. Staff is great especially my boss, assistant manegers are also the best there is no negativity what so ever in that store. Of course sometimes you get the bad customers once in a blue moon, but in general WONDERFUL place to work at!
Pros
Quiet, Easy to learn, Nice manegment, You can find everything you are looking for in the store! No need to go to Walmart
Cons
Short hours, Full-time positions are ONLY for manegment, Minimum-wage, No Discount for Employees
Good part time job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 17, 2016
A good company to work with if you are a student. A typical workday consists of handling cash, organizing shelves, stocking merchandise etc.....
Good First Job
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 8, 2016
Dollar Tree provided me a base to start my career in the workforce. It was a good first job and I would recommend it to others as the same, but not anything more.
fast,fun and great experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 5, 2016
I have had a learning experience where some people are people to remember. I enjoyed my time here but I'm looking for full time work. Part time is okay for students who are looking for only certain amount of hours. One is never too old to learn. I enjoyed learning new things everyday.
Productive and Fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONMay 2, 2016
Working at dollar tree was a great experience because I was always surrounded by people who I could have a good time with and it was always a fun and happy environment to work in.
Good place to work at and get experience in retail.
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 2, 2016
The shifts i had were releatively short. I'd either have stocking shifts or cash shifts. I learned how to stock, front face, reline isles and unload truck shipments. Management was good and nice and the co workers were fun to work with. Hardest part of the job as having an all day cash shift. Best part was stocking shelves.
Amazing!! Go Check It Out!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, ABApril 23, 2016
Walk in the store and its clean (Quite) but clean, ive worked at dollar tree since it open in Strathmore in November 2014. i worked myself up to assistant manger and store manger for 4 Week. ive learned to love the warehouse cleaning, organizing it and unloading trucks. best part was he co-workers i had. Always bought each others coffee.
Pros
Warehouse
Cons
Cashier
Key holder
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BCApril 15, 2016
cashier clean and filled shelves
as well as closing of store and opening of store.
great place if you are a people person
did put aways
dealt with issues around the store
Productive and Lively Workplace
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 13, 2016
Dollar Tree is a company that always has jobs or their staff to complete. This company pays minimum wage to their employees. The management of the store is divided into store and assistant managers. The assistant managers will always make a person smile. The hardest part of the job is trying to get stock from the cardboard boxes they came in onto the shelves that have not completely emptied yet. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely developing better social and communication skills through customer interaction.
Pros
short hours, flexible hours, great for "busy-bee-workers"
Cons
condescending staff, unexpected grumpy customers, work on holidays
relaxed work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Strathmore, ABApril 10, 2016
Dollar Tree is an easy going, relaxed place to be. Most enjoyable part about the job is seeing the new product we get in and the hunt for an item. We will get customers in looking for something in particular, sometimes we have it and sometimes we don't but usually able to provide with other options that may work for them. Always interesting how creative people are.
Friendly Atmosphere
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 8, 2016
A typical day at MacDonald Cartage would involve setting up all modes of transportation, and checking for on time deliveries.

2.7