Dollar Tree
3,020 reviews

Dollar Tree Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place of work with good co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Orangeville, On.April 21, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work
Cons: To many tasks put onto one person at a time
A typical day at work is usually kind of slow. The store is located in a small town so the only time we are super busy is during the holidays and weekends. I learned plenty about shipments and how to properly merchandise. My co-workers were great and they still love when I come into the store to visit. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the most amount of product out in a shift but also being a cashier at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my job was again, working with my co-workers.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Burlington, ONApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great location!
Cons: Hours are tough to get during the down-season.
Overall, Dollar Tree is a good place to work! Great interaction with customers, and there is always something and different to do.
Dollar Tree
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 24, 2015
A typical day at Dollar Tree, busy as always new things coming in and merchandising to be done. I loved being a Assistant manager as I loved the staff, always great help while the manager was away most of the time. The hardest part of this job was the drama caused from upper management, which is why I chose to leave. I loved doing what I was doing and I miss it each and every day as well as the staff.
great company
Real Estate Manager, Eastern Region (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Amazing experience working for a first class organization. Had the opportunity to work on many different deals, colleagues were all very talented people, and management was approachable and worked closely with real estate managers.
Nice store.
Store Associate (Former Employee), Gloucester, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: the people were great to work with.
Cons: short hours
a typical day at work would start out by unloading the delivery truck Monday mornings,on Monday and other days restocked the shelves as well as removed items that did not belong there and put them back on the shelves where they did belong. Swept the floors and made sure the store was clean before leaving the store at the end of my shift.
Customer Service !!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Penticton, BCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: interacting with customers and making it a fun enviroment for all
working for Dollar Tree was also a fun environment. worked with great staff...we all got along well....when things needed to be done we worked as a group to accomplish the tasks before deadlines. working as a service rep I was out on the floor stocking shelves and able to help customer with their needs. Communicating with customers was always fun....stories were told.. laughter and making the customer the number one priority when they walked into the store. at times we had dress up days...which always made it fun for staff and customers!!!
Review
Assistant manager and Health/Safety representative (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 13, 2015
Working at Dollar Tree has been a great experience. The overall management and culture at the workplace is friendly as well. Management is understanding and has a keen interest in their employee's health and well being.
Excellent!!
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 10, 2015
I have learned so much on customer service working for this company, they have taught me a level of patience and expectations I didn't know I had in me. I appreciate them for this reason.
not the greatest place I have worked.
Cashier (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: everything
The main reason Dollar Tree wasn't the greatest place I've worked is because she could only pay me $10.25. which compared to minimum wage in Alberta right now is decent, but to be living on your own its not such a great salary to be getting.
another reason Dollar Tree wasn't great is because one of the assistant managers would ALWAYS lie to and suck up to the boss. FOR EXAMPLE: I was sick one day and if I wasn't and didn't have to work I woulve been going to a friends house. instead of telling the boss that, she had told the boss that instead of going to work I was going to my friends house. My boss then phones me and tells me what the assistant manager has said and gives me the option to quit or get fired, when she didn't listen to THE TRUTH... my advice is DONT WORK AT DOLLAR TREE!!!
fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 13, 2015
It was a good place to work with a great employer. My co-workers
were friendly and helpful when a question occurred.
everchanging place to work, new product coming in, different customers everyday
June 2010-Sept 2010 (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: full time mon to fri days
Cons: not enough hours to accomplish everything
upon arriving at work, you turn on the lights and a whole new day of possibilities begins. Truck day leads to a physical workout followed by a mental/physical workout merchandising the stock.Team work is required to be productive and meet all our goals. Seeing what you have accomplished by the end of the day whether it be a new layout or just filling empty shelves you know that your work has contributed to the profits of the store and company.
horrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: good first job
Cons: short shifts, no extra hours, no advancement
the job honestly is horrible there is no room for advancement and no matter how much the company grows all they want to do is take. I went from getting 40 hours a week to 9... not because of poor work either this is happening to 90% of the employees. Dollar Trees ideal work day is only 4hrs and 45mins they want to keep the pay low and make sure to never work an employee over 8hrs because god forbid if they have to pay overtime. Management is no help and definitely does pick favorites.
nice co-workers
keyholder (Former Employee), 100 Mile House, BCJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: its work
Cons: no benifits, no full time employess other than managment
good work, I work as manager on duty when managers are on days off.
having fun and enjoy
Stocker & Merchandiser (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 26, 2014
I got help full and get alot experience and learn how to merchandise and stocking and how to deal in customer service and how to work as a cashier. i got all my co-wokers help full and friendly. the hardest part of my job is waiting and working outside in winter to doing garbage at equipment and cross it over snow in floor,
the most enjoyable is to work with others and share working and also stocking and merchandising..
Company review is cashier
job title is merchandiser and stocker
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 16, 2014
Pros: free snack
Cons: long hours, short time for break
It was my first work here. We worked on an new dollar store and the only thing we have to do is stack up new products. Place the products on shelves. It was only for 3 days. As a young teenager, i think the hardest part of the job was only to carry a big box. But i also enjoyed doing that.
Fun workplace
Stocker-Co-op (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 12, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers
The staff was really cool. They made sure that I understood everything and that I was okay with what I was doing. They made sure that I was safe.
fun and a relax place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), victoria bcOctober 10, 2014
fun staff to work with manger are really easy going and down to earth the hardest part of my job is that it start at 4 am but other then that a really fun place to work
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier /Customer Service (Current Employee), Trenton, ONAugust 28, 2014
I love working here ive been here since it opened and we always have fun and learn new things most enjoyable part is meeting new people and working with my coworkers
Vollyball
Customer Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 6, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: new year
I enjoy working with all type of people and my job is my life, I take it serious. I don't mess around with my job.
Just a workplace
Kemptville - Cashier (Former Employee), Kemptville, OntarioJuly 25, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: no shifts
Dollar Tree is a great store but is not very good to it's employees. You are allowed only a 10 minute break in a 5 hour shift. You only get a 4.5 hour shift per week. Since it is a small store, the employees are quite mean to each other.

1 2 3 4

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree, headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, operates 4,351 stores across the 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Dollar – Read more