Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

The associates were great to work with
Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB19 January 2018
The store manager has lost interest and it shows, she is never there but gets paid full time, she gets everyone else to do her work so that if anything is wrong she can blame them, there is a high staff turnover and if corporate looked into it they would discover that is was the store manager, she bullies if someone says no to her, this is the reason I no longer work there, the district manager needs to look into all the complaints about her instead of teaming up with the store manager and bullying that person into leaving
Pros
Fun co workers
Cons
Lazy store manager
love the store
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 January 2018
the staff is very nice and helpful. customers are sometimes "challenging" just because...they can .
the manager from my location is great. very understanding and supportive.
great products to buy that you can't find anywhere else (at least not for that price) and that is amazing.
Good first job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Morinville, AB3 January 2018
If this is your first job it is a good start. The management is not the greatest, they are hard to work with. You do get paid minimum wage and is easy work, but can be difficult.
Pros
Good first job.
Cons
Bad management
Good Management Experience
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2018
The workplace culture is stressful at times as you have to continually keep up with set quotas but the overall experience was great! Salary could have been higher but the job security is good.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and work fun place
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2018
Passionate, compassionate, respectable, professionals, hard workers, sincere, honest and provides affection to all as family members and fun workplace to remember forever in life
Pros
Food and love
Cons
Flexible hours always helpful
Good starting Job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK9 December 2017
First job in Canada, culture was good but hours were very few. Salary was minimum. People you work with was awesome, I left because of better opportunities.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Kind co workers and calm workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gibsons, BC8 December 2017
Its a good job for part time workers, had really good managers and I enjoy my shifts. I enjoyed the small conversations with employees and felt I was in a calm and easy going environment.
productive when the client has received what they shopped for!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 December 2017
I really enjoy talking dealing with people and have a
friendly rapor with all guests..and clients

the main objective is the guest or client is happy and receives all the information they have called for
Pros
when client is happy with their shopping adventure
Cons
not enough hours
Greer costumers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eglington, PE1 December 2017
A typical day at dollar tree, would be to greet costumer in a respectful way. Count tails at the end of each shift, front face the front area. Sweep the front area, when almost time to close the store.
Pros
Everything was a 1.25
Cons
Not a friendly staff
productive in every work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 November 2017
its a great store with good staff. i would recommend my friends to work at this store. Some staff members are great espeacially fernanda and sabira. its awesome.
Pros
everyone is cooperative
Cons
less hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC21 November 2017
I loved working here, the majority of customers were great and I was always busy, as well as I enjoyed the people I worked with. I found this to be one of my favourite jobs and would not have left had I not had to move.
great work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON30 October 2017
A typical day at work was cleaning, keeping staff on track and making sure everything was done at the end of the day. I learned how many responsibility assistant manager is, but was the best position. The hardest part of the job was making sure other staff followed the instruction because I would be on one side of the store they would be on the other an di had to keep checking on them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with were really nice had a great opportunity working there loved the position I was in.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
short lunchs
Terrible place to work at.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 October 2017
I worked here from July 31st until August 22nd of this year. I got laid off for no reason. Everything was terrible (the manager, assistant managers and everything else).
A typical day at work includes dealing with rude customers at cash, and putting up with the manager.
I learned nothing.
Pros
Money
Cons
Manager, rude customers, getting laid off for no reason!
Fun to work at
(Co-op) Dollar Tree (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 October 2017
My experience there was fun actually. I put stuff where they were suppose to go and redecorate the shelf's and satisfied the costumers.
There were times that there was nothing to do but wait, however it was a good place to work at.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
sometimes nothing to do
Poorly managed, Easy repetitive work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB2 October 2017
As a cashier you had a set role every day you went to work for your 4 hours shift. You counted your till in the back, brought it to the check out and stand at checkout for 3 hours before your unpaid 15 minute break. Then after closing your bring your till to the back, count how much you made, deposit it into the safe and assist the closing supervisor with what needed to be done before you left and repeated. Management has since been replaced but the store appears to still be in a messy state.
always joked around
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC25 September 2017
the work enviroment is very enjoyable. got to meet new customers everyday and becaome very good friends with quite a few of the locales in thew area.the owner is funny and understanding
Pros
bonuses
Great management and friendly co workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 September 2017
A typical day at dollar tree would consist of punching in and counting the daily deposit, where afterwards we would drive to the bank to drop off said money. After we return to the store I would count my till, set my till and work station up, and start front facing old stock and re-stocking new product while bringing people through on the till. I learned how to multitask very well as well as how to be patient with many of the customers being first generation Syrian immigrants. The hardest part of the job was climbing in the recycling to flatten out the boxes for more room. The most enjoyable part was getting to talk all of the customers.
Pros
Very flexible with hours
Cons
I had to work harder to pick up other peoples slack
Enjoyable Workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 September 2017
Working at Dollar Tree was a great first job. I was able to learn how to socialize with costumers better and learn the basics of working costumer service. The costumers were fantastic and my co-workers were all very nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job for me was all the heavy lifting during full shifts and constantly running around the store. However, overall I enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
The environment
Current Manager is cool
keyholder (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 September 2017
Its an ok place to work but no room for advancement, long time before a raise and never full time hours. location is ideal on a bus route and close to bower mall
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON7 September 2017
Serving customers at check out
Balance cash at end of shift
Friendly co-workers
Well organized

I enjoy the interaction with the customers.
Store has lots of variety for shoppers

Management is fair and flexible.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
More hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7