Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent!!
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 10, 2015
I have learned so much on customer service working for this company, they have taught me a level of patience and expectations I didn't know I had in me. I appreciate them for this reason.
not the greatest place I have worked.
Cashier (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: everything
The main reason Dollar Tree wasn't the greatest place I've worked is because she could only pay me $10.25. which compared to minimum wage in Alberta right now is decent, but to be living on your own its not such a great salary to be getting.
another reason Dollar Tree wasn't great is because one of the assistant managers would ALWAYS lie to and suck up to the boss. FOR EXAMPLE: I was sick one day and if I wasn't and didn't have to work I woulve been going to a friends house. instead of telling the boss that, she had told the boss that instead of going to work I was going to my friends house. My boss then phones me and tells me what the assistant manager has said and gives me the option to quit or get fired, when she didn't listen to THE TRUTH... my advice is DONT WORK AT DOLLAR TREE!!!
fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 13, 2015
It was a good place to work with a great employer. My co-workers
were friendly and helpful when a question occurred.
everchanging place to work, new product coming in, different customers everyday
June 2010-Sept 2010 (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: full time mon to fri days
Cons: not enough hours to accomplish everything
upon arriving at work, you turn on the lights and a whole new day of possibilities begins. Truck day leads to a physical workout followed by a mental/physical workout merchandising the stock.Team work is required to be productive and meet all our goals. Seeing what you have accomplished by the end of the day whether it be a new layout or just filling empty shelves you know that your work has contributed to the profits of the store and company.
horrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: good first job
Cons: short shifts, no extra hours, no advancement
the job honestly is horrible there is no room for advancement and no matter how much the company grows all they want to do is take. I went from getting 40 hours a week to 9... not because of poor work either this is happening to 90% of the employees. Dollar Trees ideal work day is only 4hrs and 45mins they want to keep the pay low and make sure to never work an employee over 8hrs because god forbid if they have to pay overtime. Management is no help and definitely does pick favorites.
nice co-workers
keyholder (Former Employee), 100 Mile House, BCJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: its work
Cons: no benifits, no full time employess other than managment
good work, I work as manager on duty when managers are on days off.
having fun and enjoy
Stocker & Merchandiser (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 26, 2014
I got help full and get alot experience and learn how to merchandise and stocking and how to deal in customer service and how to work as a cashier. i got all my co-wokers help full and friendly. the hardest part of my job is waiting and working outside in winter to doing garbage at equipment and cross it over snow in floor,
the most enjoyable is to work with others and share working and also stocking and merchandising..
Company review is cashier
job title is merchandiser and stocker
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 16, 2014
Pros: free snack
Cons: long hours, short time for break
It was my first work here. We worked on an new dollar store and the only thing we have to do is stack up new products. Place the products on shelves. It was only for 3 days. As a young teenager, i think the hardest part of the job was only to carry a big box. But i also enjoyed doing that.
Fun workplace
Stocker-Co-op (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 12, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers
The staff was really cool. They made sure that I understood everything and that I was okay with what I was doing. They made sure that I was safe.
fun and a relax place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), victoria bcOctober 10, 2014
fun staff to work with manger are really easy going and down to earth the hardest part of my job is that it start at 4 am but other then that a really fun place to work
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier /Customer Service (Current Employee), Trenton, ONAugust 28, 2014
I love working here ive been here since it opened and we always have fun and learn new things most enjoyable part is meeting new people and working with my coworkers
Vollyball
Customer Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 6, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: new year
I enjoy working with all type of people and my job is my life, I take it serious. I don't mess around with my job.
Just a workplace
Kemptville - Cashier (Former Employee), Kemptville, OntarioJuly 25, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: no shifts
Dollar Tree is a great store but is not very good to it's employees. You are allowed only a 10 minute break in a 5 hour shift. You only get a 4.5 hour shift per week. Since it is a small store, the employees are quite mean to each other.
It was the worst work experience I've ever had.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 18, 2014
Pros: non.
Cons: 4 hours a week!
The manager was very rude and always threatened her staff with the word "fire", she was never around when you needed her, she picked favourites, she never gives people shifts, if she did, they'll either be 4 hour shifts a week or 30 hour shifts a week, it just depends on whether she liked you or not. Her staff barely last a month because she either fires them for the smallest reasons or they just quit because they cannot handle her management anymore. Working there has been the worst experience of my life!
Fast paced never bored
Store Manager (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 6, 2014
A typical day very busy either stocking or on cash or doing planning.
Okay
Cashier (Current Employee), 4110 Thickson rd, Whitby, ON, L1R 2X3June 30, 2014
Very easy job, great people.
but you get no hours and thats a big issue
All in a days work
Front Cashier (Current Employee), Orillia ONJune 10, 2014
It is a great place to work at, staff is awesome...this is all I really feel comfortable talking about.
My First paid job
Cashier (Current Employee), North vancouver , Park and tilfordMay 29, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers, nothing to demanding
Cons: random shedual changes, no benifits
I have worked for Dollar tree for 2 years now .

It is my first "real job" and I have to say it has been great .
Since we are a dollar store our perks of working there are slim to none .
We don't get raises or disscounts so it is just our income that we get from the store .
But since we have a small staff I was put to work on not just cashier but Shipment orders , cleaning , stock management , cash depositing and other jobs that most minimum wage jobs do go over .
Friendly Work Place and Environment
Assistant Manager/Key Holder (Current Employee), Toronto, OntMay 29, 2014
Pros: great employees and environment. nice customers.
Cons: not enough hours and low pay wages.
Working at Dollar Tree Canada is great. In a typical day there is usually always plenty work to do, which is great. The co-workers are great people and easy to get along with. Because the store is located within a plaza, there is a large traffic flow of customer's which is great because it is nice to get to interact with different people. Management is great within my specific store. The job is not very difficult so long as the employee understands their role.
Drama, Drama. Drama!!!!!!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 23, 2014
Pros: nothing anymore
Cons: not worth the pay
Used to love working for Dollar Tree until the management started making changes. I used to get lots of encouragement and learned a lot. Grew with the company then hit a dead end. No one gets proper training and everyone is expected to know what to do due to the negative changes management is making. No one wants to work anymore cause there are no incentives or encouragement from management anymore.

1 2 3

About Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree, headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, operates 4,351 stores across the 48 US states and 5 Canadian Provinces. Dollar – Read more