Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Managers not very good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON19 August 2017
Was great until Dollar Giant became Dollar Tree. Dollar tree does things in really strange ways. i dont like how cluttered the stores are, or at least the one i was at.
demanding
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2017
hard to work when pressured constantly
hard to do stocking when the shelf already is filled
Management is hard pressing
nothing is enjoyable about this kind of job
Fun Environment to work in
Merchandising and Sales Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2017
Dollar is a fun place to work at, everyone cares about each other and is always willing to help. The different and unique products that we receive every week are amazing and grabs the attention of our daily and weekly customers. I've learned a lot of great customer service working here especially being patient and kind with everyone. This is one thing I'm going to take with me, being patient goes a long way. A typical day includes welcoming guest, stocking, cashing customers out and helping them look for products they're looking for. Overall, Dollar Tree is a great place and has a fun atmosphere to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON27 July 2017
Fun, great staff, and always great customers. When every thing is a dollar twenty five and new stuff always arrives. Keeps it interesting as well. I've had my fun, time to move on!
wouldn't reccommend
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 July 2017
the location i worked at wasn't
't the greatest. Every day someone was quitting , getting fired or rehired. It wasn't a big staff either. you weren't properly trained, when you needed help they wouldn't help you. etc
Dollar Tree
Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 July 2017
It was a good place to work, but there was little room for advancement. They would hire anyone but the training wasn't very good. a typical day for me would be covering cash when needed but mostly stocking shelves, or setting up new displays.
Friendly work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 July 2017
I liked dealing with people one on one working in a social environment. I was able to multi task and work in several different areas each day to keep my mind focused. Overall the I looked forward to coming to work each day.
Pros
Great work site
Cons
Not enough room to grow
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC21 July 2017
A typical day is customer service and stock management. I have learned A lot about management and how to deliver great customer service.we have a great managment team.
Pros
Able to work with complex schedules
nice place to work with, good management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warman, SK20 July 2017
its nice to work at Dollar tree.i love my job. Nice people to work with and good management. The only reason why i need to look for other job is im planning to move to BC.
Pros
nice place to work with
Cons
no benefits for part time jobs
Fun and busy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, AB18 July 2017
Dollar tree was my first full time job and it was the best way to start. the people were amazing to be around. Customer service was a big part of working at dollar tree, helping many different people go through the till taught me more patience than anything.
It's a good place to work with nice management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC10 July 2017
Dollar tree was a good experience, the training that was provided was really nice and easy not complicated. Learning the cash was easy, always had good customer service and always worked with a smile and positive attitude
Beneficial for beginners
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON10 July 2017
Helpful for starting off as a first job. 4-hour shifts are convenient. Management of resources were slightly lacking, as not many utilities necessary for upkeep of the location were available.
Pros
Repeat-customers, community
Cons
Workplace quality, resources for cleaning lacking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2017
Productive and hardworking environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 June 2017
My experience at Dollar Tree gave me a first look into the working world. Great management and work culture. The most enjoyable part of working there was the co-workers
It was an enjoyable place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON22 June 2017
Everyone worked together as a team. The shifts were short there fore not leaving enough time to get everything done. It was messy and unorganized but everyone worked together to keep it clesn.
It was a fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC21 June 2017
The management team lacked in skills to help the rest of the team in everyday tasks, such as inventory, stocking shelves. Etc.I loved the job, just the manager wasn't a very organized and respectable person to work for. The company overall wasn't for me. I would like to have job security and benefits for me and my family.
Fun place to work
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 June 2017
My day started with opening the cleaning room and collecting supplies for the day . I then would fill my cart with clean sheets and pillow cases, bathroom supply's ,I would strip the beds put clean bedding ,I would dust and wash TV,lamps,table,walls,vacuuming ,bathroom,change towels, clean and pick up garbage ,change garbage, replace soaps ,shampoo, cups
Pros
Make own hours
Cons
Cleaning gross thing
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK17 June 2017
I had a good like working there you always had something to do to keep busy. The co-workers are good and got along with them very well. The management was great was always there if you needed something.
very fun and easy to work all the training hands on an in booklets
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB16 June 2017
The people environment everything about the dollar tree was a good experience for me and what I I learn that anything is possible when I got my manager position it's was amazing
Pros
good people
Cons
gets dirty fast
Productive, took ideas and let you be involved. Felt important.
ASM, cashier, stocking (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON 265 coxwell ave2 June 2017
Honistly my favorite job I have ever had. The staff was amazing, the atmosphere and general vibe was better than any job I have had since I have started working. Ever. Like any job there are holes in the company, like wast and maybe ways or organisation. But the store manager and even districts Managers where willimg to Help you change prosegers. All in all managment has been very helpfull and Has given me a confidence I never had befor working in this Company. Im sure not all locations are like this but 9/10 would recommend.
Pros
Willing to work with your schedual.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7