Dollar Tree Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Bad communication
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Nothing
Cons: dont respect my hours of availability and schedule me when i'm not supposed to be in
Management is very dysfunctional, assistant manager lies about employees to get them fired. Co-workers don't like their job and do very minimal work. Hardest part of the job is getting a hold of the general manager and trying to clarify availability. Manager does not listen to requests for working and does not respect my availability. Customers are great and hardly give me a hard time but is easily sorted out when they do.
Good job!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Orleans, ONFebruary 21, 2016
Pros: Great staff
Cons: Don't get a lot of hours
The staff is wonderful! but I don't get as many hours as i would like to. My typical day at work is cleaning and facing the store as well as providing the best customer service and making sure the customers leave happy. The management is great! my manager is everything I would expect of one. You can tell they really care about their employees and can take really good care of managing the store. My co workers are great as well they are always happy and smiling they are wonderful people to work with. The hardest part of my job is making sure that all of the customers needs are met as well as trying to help them find exactly what they came to our store for. The most enjoyable part of it would be the customer service and talking to the customers as well as having great staff to work with which makes the job that much easier.
Although, many of the days were tedious I still had many great experiences with the customers that I served
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2016
Pros: Everyday was someone new to talk with
Cons: Hard work was never noticed
Everyday I completed the same tasks and was always told to sell certain products because they were the premium items of the day. Management did the bare minimum for employees and never took constructive criticism from their employees.The most enjoyable part of my time there was that of customer service, talking to customers made my day as an employee of Dollar tree interesting. I did not learn anything new at that job but polished the skills that I already had from previous experiences. Former co-workers were kind enough to show me the ropes of the job without any delay.
Amazing company with a lot of ladder to climb.
Manager/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), St. Paul, ABFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Support system, wages, easy and understandable point of sale system, well organized company.
Cons: Long management hours, staffing issues in very rural communities.
The company was very supportive of personal goal and helped anyone advance within the company if desired and qualified. The job being in such a rural area did require a lot of personal time as well as effort to keep staff turn around rate low, but the company was very supportive and patient with my efforts towards the specific location. I was relocated a few times to help other stores which i was perfectly okay with and liked being able to travel between locations. The training provided to run a store was very informative and detailed. This company helped me get where i am today and the people working there are amazing and helpful, they really make you feel like part of the family.
Productive and Lively Workplace
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Guelph, ONApril 13, 2016
Pros: short hours, flexible hours, great for "busy-bee-workers"
Cons: condescending staff, unexpected grumpy customers, work on holidays
Dollar Tree is a company that always has jobs or their staff to complete. This company pays minimum wage to their employees. The management of the store is divided into store and assistant managers. The assistant managers will always make a person smile. The hardest part of the job is trying to get stock from the cardboard boxes they came in onto the shelves that have not completely emptied yet. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely developing better social and communication skills through customer interaction.
Very good work environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Moose Jaw, SKFebruary 29, 2016
Management at the Dollar Tree is awesome, really a good place to work and shifts are fun and productive. The people at Dollar Tree are very good at what they do.
Dollar Tree
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABFebruary 28, 2016
Pros: Great ladies to work with
Cons: Extremely high expectations
Best part of the job was working with the cashiers and the people on floor. Wonderful, hard work people. The worst part was the lack of skills in the management.
My Day At Work.
shipping receiving, Stock person (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: 2 10 mins breaks plus 1 half hour lunch. good staff, good paying job
Cons: overwhelming with orders of custmoers requests
Start off signing in and begin getting removing cardboard to the bin. I have to get a Till to start for cashier job. If I do not have a Till I go to My manager and or supervisor to ask what needs to be done. Stock shelf and well tidy for customers appeal. maintain every item will or will not go on to the public display. Keeping customers update information of dollar tree products so they can keep track of our orders. To fill out orders when shipment arrives. To make sure the store close with the proper amount and to close the store without further adue.
An alright area, but very unorganized
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 5, 2015
Pros: No pros to list
Cons: Long shifts, you only get a 30 minute break if you work longer than 5 hours, 10 minute breaks otherwise
I learned how to use the cash register accordingly, how to count the money from my till at the end of the day, and how to do stock. My hours, and the days I worked, were usually scattered around the week, despite the times and hours in which I put in so that it could work around my schedule. The management team is OK, nothing too special. My co-workers were fantastic, a jolly group of people that I could rely on. The hardest part of work that I would say, was having to mop and sweep the entire store with only 2 hours to spare. ON TOP of having to watch the register sometimes. Please note that none of this was electric. But the most enjoyable part, was the 10 minute breaks. Just getting to relax. Other than that, I hate it there.
Dollertree
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Timmins, ONApril 2, 2016
Always busy, with lots to get done. No employee benefits, part-time hours are often too low to maintain happy employees
basic cashiering and stocking
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 5, 2016
Very easy and relaxing job. Management is flexible and employees are nice and fun to work with...........................
Great work environment and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: great co workers, and managers
Cons: Theft
Dollar Tree is a place to work, the manager was able to work well with my work schedule and school schedule and when I got pregnant I had to cut down my hours and my manager was again able to work with me and my schedule. The work environment was a fun safe and enjoyable place to work. The people I worked with were great people to work with. The hardest part of the job is the theft as we are a dollar store and being near a high school there was a lot of theft and we can only do so much.
Easy-p
Cashier (Former Employee), Welland, ONNovember 17, 2015
Pros: retail experience
Cons: hours may vary
very easy work environment, non-stressful. A lot of hands on training is provided as well as the opportunity to do other jobs within the store. Opportunity for advancement is very low, but the work environment is like that of a family
working here was productive and a safe enviromen.t
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: There was always something to do.
Cons: Not being sure how many hours you would get.
Working for this company was a very good learning experience. They helped me grow and learn.In my opinion the hardest part would be telling customers to leave and not come back after they would steal or be very rude. Besides that part of the job overall they were very accommodating and super helpful.
Store Manager
Store Sales Manager (Current Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 20, 2015
Pros: I have the best employee's
Cons: Company is not doing well in Canada
Results- driven customer centered manager with 4+ years experience in store management of a multimillion- dollar store operation. Notable success advancing corporate strategy, streamlining operations, driving profits and maximizing growth. Promote employee excellence and motivate employees toward top level performance.
Needs music
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Squamish, BCJune 29, 2015
Pros: career advancement, coworkers, productive, rewarding
Cons: low wages, no benefits, no music to set mood for working or shopping
Great place to work if it werent for the limtation of the wages and lack of benefits, and it needs music because the dead quiet can be eerie to work in for too long.
productive and fun to work with
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: 30 minute break
I worked opening shifts and closing shifts..I was the main cashier and mostly the only cashier open unless it gets really busy then I'd have to page my co-worker. The hardest part of the job is when people would buy so many things and I'd had to scan it and put it in the bag myself. Especially when they bought something fragile so I'd have to wrap it up in a news paper. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I met a lot of people cause Im the cashier and they'd tell me how their day was and how'd they compliment me about my name and all that. The management were good.
relaxed work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Strathmore, ABApril 10, 2016
Dollar Tree is an easy going, relaxed place to be. Most enjoyable part about the job is seeing the new product we get in and the hunt for an item. We will get customers in looking for something in particular, sometimes we have it and sometimes we don't but usually able to provide with other options that may work for them. Always interesting how creative people are.
Great atmosphere and very happy people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMarch 3, 2016
This job was a very fun enjoyable job to come to everyday. My fellow staff were very helpful and made the days better. I learned how to merchandise very well at this job, My managers were phenomenol, my co-workers were fun and friendly, there wasn't anything hard about the job, it was easy and fun. I enjoyed my entire experience there!
Not a bad place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work would be ringing customers in. Stocking shelves when not busy. I learned alot about customer service . My co workers were really nice and got along with everyone. The hardest part would be standing on a concrete floor. The most enjoyable part would be the customers.
Headquarters