Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Poorly managed, Easy repetitive work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB2 October 2017
As a cashier you had a set role every day you went to work for your 4 hours shift. You counted your till in the back, brought it to the check out and stand at checkout for 3 hours before your unpaid 15 minute break. Then after closing your bring your till to the back, count how much you made, deposit it into the safe and assist the closing supervisor with what needed to be done before you left and repeated. Management has since been replaced but the store appears to still be in a messy state.
always joked around
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC25 September 2017
the work enviroment is very enjoyable. got to meet new customers everyday and becaome very good friends with quite a few of the locales in thew area.the owner is funny and understanding
Pros
bonuses
Great management and friendly co workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 September 2017
A typical day at dollar tree would consist of punching in and counting the daily deposit, where afterwards we would drive to the bank to drop off said money. After we return to the store I would count my till, set my till and work station up, and start front facing old stock and re-stocking new product while bringing people through on the till. I learned how to multitask very well as well as how to be patient with many of the customers being first generation Syrian immigrants. The hardest part of the job was climbing in the recycling to flatten out the boxes for more room. The most enjoyable part was getting to talk all of the customers.
Pros
Very flexible with hours
Cons
I had to work harder to pick up other peoples slack
Enjoyable Workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 September 2017
Working at Dollar Tree was a great first job. I was able to learn how to socialize with costumers better and learn the basics of working costumer service. The costumers were fantastic and my co-workers were all very nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job for me was all the heavy lifting during full shifts and constantly running around the store. However, overall I enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
The environment
Current Manager is cool
keyholder (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 September 2017
Its an ok place to work but no room for advancement, long time before a raise and never full time hours. location is ideal on a bus route and close to bower mall
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON7 September 2017
Serving customers at check out
Balance cash at end of shift
Friendly co-workers
Well organized

I enjoy the interaction with the customers.
Store has lots of variety for shoppers

Management is fair and flexible.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
More hours
Very liked workplace
Key Holder, Cashier, Stock (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB30 August 2017
I always liked to come into work early and start the stock because everything would be out of place with costumers. Was very well liked with the customers as well.
Great Place
Customer Service / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 August 2017
great place to work and very friendly, no really good on balancing hours , they expect you to know how to work everything by yourself. store is always out of stock
Fast and well planned lots of fun.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB28 August 2017
Meet lots of people each and everyday. I learn how everyone feels and how to read faces and tones. Hardest part is not having enough hours to go around. Most enjoyable thing is all the smiling face you see everyday,
Pros
Good people, fun place to work.
Cons
Lots of people, very hot in the store.
disorganized, hectic, unprofessional leadership
Part time work cleaning the store and cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
It was a somewhat fast paced work environment, very disorganized and hectic. A typical day at work consisted of running around trying to do 10 jobs at once because we were so understaffed.
Too focused on business rather than employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alberta22 August 2017
Not many pros to working for a Dollar Tree. Management is not well trained and does not understand the importance of good worker moral. Cashiers and managers are seen in great lesser value from those above them
good
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 August 2017
I feel that working at the dollar tree was a great over all experience. I felt that the staff were not the best to work with but it gave me an idea what it is like to work with all sorts of people
Pros
easy going
Cons
long hours, no discount
Managers not very good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON19 August 2017
Was great until Dollar Giant became Dollar Tree. Dollar tree does things in really strange ways. i dont like how cluttered the stores are, or at least the one i was at.
Got some experience I've always wanted
Cashier/stock clerk (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON4 August 2017
I have always wanted to learn the duties of a cashier, and here is where I finally got that experience. I loved working at Dollar Tree! Although it is no longer in Stratford I would like to return there again. But because of an injury, I cannot work in this type of environment anymore.
demanding
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2017
hard to work when pressured constantly
hard to do stocking when the shelf already is filled
Management is hard pressing
nothing is enjoyable about this kind of job
Fun Environment to work in
Merchandising and Sales Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2017
Dollar is a fun place to work at, everyone cares about each other and is always willing to help. The different and unique products that we receive every week are amazing and grabs the attention of our daily and weekly customers. I've learned a lot of great customer service working here especially being patient and kind with everyone. This is one thing I'm going to take with me, being patient goes a long way. A typical day includes welcoming guest, stocking, cashing customers out and helping them look for products they're looking for. Overall, Dollar Tree is a great place and has a fun atmosphere to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON27 July 2017
Fun, great staff, and always great customers. When every thing is a dollar twenty five and new stuff always arrives. Keeps it interesting as well. I've had my fun, time to move on!
wouldn't reccommend
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 July 2017
the location i worked at wasn't
't the greatest. Every day someone was quitting , getting fired or rehired. It wasn't a big staff either. you weren't properly trained, when you needed help they wouldn't help you. etc
Dollar Tree
Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 July 2017
It was a good place to work, but there was little room for advancement. They would hire anyone but the training wasn't very good. a typical day for me would be covering cash when needed but mostly stocking shelves, or setting up new displays.
Friendly work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 July 2017
I liked dealing with people one on one working in a social environment. I was able to multi task and work in several different areas each day to keep my mind focused. Overall the I looked forward to coming to work each day.
Pros
Great work site
Cons
Not enough room to grow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7