Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not a job for the lighthearted
Franchise Manager (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWAugust 12, 2013
Pros: meeting people, training good staff
Cons: wages are very poor, you have to work hard for bonuses that are minimal at best.
The company will support yu oif you need to advance yourself, sadly senior positions are not that frequent.
Productive fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCJuly 31, 2013
great layed back job customer service is great opportunity to meet new people who travel
Shady
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJuly 24, 2013
When you put in a request for PTO to go see you little brother graduate from High School and when you close at midnight the night before I travel my General Manager Pulled my PTO request and I did not know it because it was after I left and then when I get back he fires me
Dollar Thrifty Corporation
Admin (Former Employee), Warwick, RIJuly 22, 2013
My experience with DTG was good. Unfortunately,Hertz Corporation didn't appreciate my contribution for the past 51/2yrs. I was dismissed.
Peace full
Driver (Former Employee), Dubai UAEJuly 17, 2013
Pros: no extra benift
Cons: long hrs of duty
long hrs of duty no extra benefit, Accommodation problem no food
just salary insufficient to manage to save money.
Introduced me to the customer service way of resolving issues.
Automotive Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 11, 2013
Pros: i loved my job.
Cons: had to leave.
Dollar Thrifty is a great company,however when I began to work with the were downsizing which affected the whole company. Company got rid of workers who had not been working for long due to the status of the Recovery Department.
Was a great place to work before Hertz purchase
Project Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 10, 2013
Pros: on site gym
Cons: intense work environment due to number of projects pushed through.
Learned alot by the projects being pushed through to be made to look attractive by potential buyers.
Customer Sales Agent (Former Employee), Columbus International Airport, Columbus OhioJuly 8, 2013
Pros: health insurance
Cons: double and triple shifts
It was a great place at the beginning but now no one cares about the place anymore. The customers only come back because of the awesome front line employees. The whole culture has gone in the toilet.
Nice job if you don't mind an open work schedule
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2013
Pros: no boss hanging on your neck every five minutes, get to meet celebrities and new people everyday
Cons: pay is mediocre
Job was fun at times, great work environment, there is no micro managing or scripts to follow which made the job easy
Value Company
Staff Assistant II (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 30, 2013
Pros: pay holidays
Spervisor employees, sometime is stressfuel. enjoyable work with company where respect diferents value and culture.
Loved working for the company!
Lead Service Agent (Former Employee), Alcoa, TNJune 25, 2013
Fast paced and hectic at times but I had a lot of fun there. Management was very good with keeping us happy. This is my favorite place I worked and hated having to leave.
renting cars, data entry
Counter Clerk (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAJune 10, 2013
Renting cars, retreiving cars, answering phones, talking to insurance companies. I learned to make deposits, enter billing and receiving, registering cars and making people happy. Enjoyed working with co-workers on a daily basis. The hardest part was dealing with a customer that is very upset with insurance company and autobody shop not having their – more... car ready on time. – less
Great Work Environment and Culture
General Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 9, 2013
Pros: advancement
Cons: just purchased by a competitor
Dollar/Thrifty fostered a great learning environment coupled with a true concern for its teammates.
General Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2013
Pros: first names always superseded a tittle.
DTAG focused on people, customers, continuous improvement and results.

The company's culture was stellar. Employees were empowered and had a very strong work ethic.
Great Company
General Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 30, 2013
Pros: promotions
Cons: consolidation
Growth and expansion was the norm as stand alone company. Always opportunity for employee looking for it
worst company ever
rental agent (Current Employee), tampa, FLMay 19, 2013
Pros: when you lie pressure and scheme you make great $
Cons: everything about this place is a con
I am embarrassed to work here. Very low pay, no flexibility in scheduling, poor management. Not good health benefits. I would never recommend anyone to work here.
Good place to work.
Corporate Security Manager (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYMay 9, 2013
Good place to work. Mon-Fri job and 9-5 work hours. Good salary and managers usually get a take home car.
Summary
Service Agent (Former Employee), Romulus, MIApril 25, 2013
This was a great job and a great company they really took good care of you.
Big change in culture when combined
Section Manager, Accounting-Corporate Stores (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 8, 2013
Loved working for Thrifty, however Dollar a different story. Culture quickly changed when they combined back office functions. Worked with great people. Management of DTAG not so enjoyable.
Overall Good Employer
Rental Sales Agent, Greeter (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 6, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
I processed rentals for a car rental agency. When I began this job, I had no knowledge of how a car rental was done. I learned all about car rental agencies and how much work it took to keep track of so many cars. The managers were very informative, but were not always easy to contact. My co-workers were great. I was a quick learner, so a lot of co-workers – more... would come to me with questions when managers were not around, though I was not technically a manager. We were in charge of encouraging customers to purchase the insurance policies. It was always challenging to make the different sales targets. I enjoyed learning about the insurance policies that car rental agencies offer their customers. – less

About Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.

Thrifty drivers looking to get the most for a buck might try Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group (DTG), which rents cars under the – Read more