Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
You were treated like family.
Staff Assistant II / Fleet Assistant (Former Employee), Hanover, MDFebruary 1, 2014
It was an enjoyable place to work. Management was very supportive and opportunities for advancement were always available.
great workout facility
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: very flexable hours
Cons: my insurance would not pay for my husbands hospital stay
When I started at DTAG in 2002 I loved it. The company really cared about the employees. Over the years that diminished greatly. The co-workers were wonderful every one was very helpful, and it was a family setting. The hardest part of the job was when the layoff's began.
Life at DTAG
Customer Service/Sales Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: instant customer compliance, fast-pace environment, constant mobility
Cons: customers who sometimes can be unsympathetic or hasty with customer service, low stock of inventory for sales, unpredictable weather conditions
A regular day work means non-stop movement. Always on the go! During my 6-year tenure at Dollar Thrifty Group, I've learned that multi-tasking is the lifelong for any successful business that deals with customer service. Management can be tricky, but very educational. My co-workers function like a army unit with every soldier looking to me as their – more... General. The hardest part about the job is being able to satisfy every customer. The most enjoyable part would meeting new people from different avenues throughout the world and sometimes establishing friendships with some of those individuals – less
Again a part time shortest time of work experience which I enjoyed
Sales and Administration (Former Employee), BahrainJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: good package
Cons: hard effort.
I enjoyed my work in Bahrain and had worked as a part time due to my child.

I worked independently with lots of support from my line manager and staff. Inspite f part time work I achieved my target which made me feel even more confident.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: the people, they really wanted to help each other. employee responsiveness, when called or contacted through e-mail.
Cons: inability to get a merit increase for a few years durning the economic downturn.
I enjoyed getting started early and was excited about my work.
I learned I was most productive when I established a goal for myself based on the customer request.
I had a collaborative relationship with my manager and my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was watching my friends and co-workers leave as we had a reduction in force at the company.
The – more... best part was when individuals said the work I created made their job easier or more interesting. – less
This was a great company for me
Reservation Agent-Reservation Center in Tulsa (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great people, good opportunities
Cons: i can't think of any
I found incredible job advancement and movement with this company.
I was able to spread my wings and experience culture in other locales.
A great job with a company car.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2013
Enjoyed meeting with different clients and fullfilling there needs.
First Job in Dubai
Sales Executive / Lease Coordinator (Former Employee), DubaiDecember 16, 2013
Learned how to sell, experience in Customer Service. Thrifty Car Rental is one the biggest and leading car rental company in Dubai (UAE). It has its huge fleet with 40 + locations in UAE. I have always enjoyed working at Thrifty but the salary expectation is not up to the mark, therefore we the staff at Thrifty look for a better future else where.
review
Manager (Former Employee), Thomasville, GADecember 10, 2013
Great company. Focused on helping individuals lose weight
The best Place to work
Counter Sales Executive (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZDecember 2, 2013
Pros: very much supportive management
Cons: frequent amendments internally
To a starter or a fresher, you can learn everything from this company.
Fun to test Drive different cars
Lead Service Agent (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCNovember 25, 2013
Pros: driving different cars
Cons: lazy people
Typical work day for me starts at 3 am I open both locations at 4:30 am. I make sure I have enough people to make the day run as smooth as possible, Where ever I have to fill in I do, I detail cars that are overly dirty or stained it could take up to 2 hours or more for the same car (carpets,ceilings,doors, etc.) I drive the buses to the airport to – more... pick up customers, I check in cars, and also rent out cars.

What I have learned are the different types of people that come through our location. My supervisors are good people they enough me very much because they know with me there everything will get done. The co-workers that I supervisor are outstanding they make me look better by getting the things done that I ask of them.

The hardest part of my job is being heavily short staffed and turning people away that their card declines. The most enjoyable part of my job is making customers happy. – less
Enjoyed working with one company for almost 20 years.
Staff Asst, Las Vegas & Exec. Secretary, Dallas (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NV and Fort Worth, TXNovember 18, 2013
Dollar Thrifty is a terrific company to work for, with opportunities to advance.
I loved the work.
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 15, 2013
Pros: the amount i was paid, the people i worked with.
Cons: the company let go of half of the corporation.
Dollar Thrifty, although going through major layoffs, was one of my favorite positions. I received weekly printouts of accounts that I would be responsible for which gave me the independence to work on my own. I enjoyed the empowerment of being able to handle any situation how I seen fit.
Fun place to work, Excellent staff, Great shift
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), SeaTac, WANovember 13, 2013
Pros: getting to work at other locations, employee benifits, holiday parties
Cons: unpaid breaks, equipment failure, pay
I did enjoy working for the Dollar/Thrifty Group and learned a lot of great skills that I Will be able to use in future employment opportunities such as resolving customer concerns and organizational skills. The management team was fun to work with, but I felt could have been more available to address employees concerns and so forth. I also enjoyed – more... the folks I worked beside and had a great time getting to know each and every one of them.
The hardest part of the job would be working outside during the winter months, but it had to be done. – less
our productivity reached 220 cars a day both workshop/body shop. with over 70 to 80 staffs
Present body shop/workshop Senior Supervisor (Former Employee), Dubai, DUOctober 28, 2013
Pros: some have free lunch as per your position at post.
Cons: we work some times 8 to 12 hours a day.
1. we always so busy on every Saturday/Sundays as it is a busy day to serve our customers. all of us have to work very hard on that day to satisfied our customers need.

2. l learn to focused on customers complains especially on the busy day which means we have lot of customers to be serve and it makes our productivity to go high.

3.the hardest part – more... of the job is to make sure that our customers problems is clear and resolved with customer satisfactory.

4. the most enjoyable part is that after the hard time is over every body do his/her own normal work without pressure and we all Happy to think about next day. – less
Productive and Fun
Section Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 19, 2013
Pros: gym
Cons: merger
Learned a lot from prior Director. She was extremely willing to share her thoughts and knowledge. Management since has been not as knowledgeable, but very friendly. Co-workers are great.
Was a good place to work before Hertz purchased them
General Manager (Former Employee), Atlantic RegionOctober 4, 2013
Cons: working for hertz as a second rate company
Hertz purchased Dollar Thrifty in January and since then they treat Dollar Thrifty as the stepchild of the 2 companies. They had a massive layoff in May and kept all the Hertz General Managers and Vice Presidents and let go everyone on the Dollar Thrifty side. As a manager for Dollar Thrifty you will report to the Hertz GM who treats you like you don't – more... work for the same company. Do not work for Dollar Thrifty as a Manager. – less
Fun and Happy place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: work weekends and holidays
I loved this place. friendly co-workers and room for advancement.
Low cost rentals
Service/Booth Agent (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 18, 2013
The primary focus of the company was cheap rentals. This required cheap labor with extra work. I, along with others, were on a rotation to work 3 different job areas. Sales, customer service, and general labor.
productive and fun work place
Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee), DubaiSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: tranings
Cons: long hours
it has been a good experience, and a very hard place to leave, my interest looking for a batter challenge my reason to hunt for a job.

About Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.

Thrifty drivers looking to get the most for a buck might try Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group (DTG), which rents cars under the – Read more