Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company
Inbound Help Desk Agent (Former Employee), Durant, OKMarch 19, 2014
Pros: laid back enviroment
Answering phones for the rental company Dollar and Thrifty Auto Group.
Rental Car Business
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), 3127 W. Mockingbird Lane Dallas, Texas 75235February 26, 2014
Pros: recognitions, and honorary celebrations
Cons: dismissals
A typical day consist of prioritizing, and meeting with my boss the General Manager going over his agenda for the day, getting all paper work, invoices, reports, account payable issues handled working and interacting with the managers,and vendors solving issues at the location, planning events for employees, the funnest thing to me about the job was – more... when we recognized the employees for all their hard work,and we would give a small celebration honoring them. I enjoyed working my co-workers, the hardest thing is having to send in the termination papers when one of them had to be let go. The thing I enjoyed the most is knowing that if a customer came into the location in distress we did everything we could as a unit to make them happy. – less
Customer service driven company
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: wonderful job
Cons: worked 6 days a week on salary
DTAG offered me endless opportunities, and wonderful benefits. I would recommend them to anyone.
Easy fun work
Rental Agent (Former Employee), kissimmee flFebruary 16, 2014
-gathering deposits from each department of the resort and talking them to local banks
-had fun meeting new people each day
fun place
Rso Agent/Accounts (Current Employee), CanberraFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: friday lunch is free
Cons: long hours
Friendly staff, fun place with good management around. Over all, a fun place to work
I have enjoyed working at Thrifty for years.
Coach Operator/Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good pay steady hours
Cons: lack of staff
What I have learned at Thrifty in the years that I have worked for them is that a positive attitude is your best way to make more money.
Great company to work for. Enjoyed the culture.
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa OKFebruary 3, 2014
Very laid back. Management was great, and had an open door policy.
Car rental
Fleet Coordinator (Former Employee), MissouriFebruary 2, 2014
Great company to work for. Management was very fair, and co-workers were very well trained. Fun place to work.
You were treated like family.
Staff Assistant II / Fleet Assistant (Former Employee), Hanover, MDFebruary 1, 2014
It was an enjoyable place to work. Management was very supportive and opportunities for advancement were always available.
great workout facility
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: very flexable hours
Cons: my insurance would not pay for my husbands hospital stay
When I started at DTAG in 2002 I loved it. The company really cared about the employees. Over the years that diminished greatly. The co-workers were wonderful every one was very helpful, and it was a family setting. The hardest part of the job was when the layoff's began.
Life at DTAG
Customer Service/Sales Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: instant customer compliance, fast-pace environment, constant mobility
Cons: customers who sometimes can be unsympathetic or hasty with customer service, low stock of inventory for sales, unpredictable weather conditions
A regular day work means non-stop movement. Always on the go! During my 6-year tenure at Dollar Thrifty Group, I've learned that multi-tasking is the lifelong for any successful business that deals with customer service. Management can be tricky, but very educational. My co-workers function like a army unit with every soldier looking to me as their – more... General. The hardest part about the job is being able to satisfy every customer. The most enjoyable part would meeting new people from different avenues throughout the world and sometimes establishing friendships with some of those individuals – less
Again a part time shortest time of work experience which I enjoyed
Sales and Administration (Former Employee), BahrainJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: good package
Cons: hard effort.
I enjoyed my work in Bahrain and had worked as a part time due to my child.

I worked independently with lots of support from my line manager and staff. Inspite f part time work I achieved my target which made me feel even more confident.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: the people, they really wanted to help each other. employee responsiveness, when called or contacted through e-mail.
Cons: inability to get a merit increase for a few years durning the economic downturn.
I enjoyed getting started early and was excited about my work.
I learned I was most productive when I established a goal for myself based on the customer request.
I had a collaborative relationship with my manager and my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was watching my friends and co-workers leave as we had a reduction in force at the company.
The – more... best part was when individuals said the work I created made their job easier or more interesting. – less
This was a great company for me
Reservation Agent-Reservation Center in Tulsa (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great people, good opportunities
Cons: i can't think of any
I found incredible job advancement and movement with this company.
I was able to spread my wings and experience culture in other locales.
A great job with a company car.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2013
Enjoyed meeting with different clients and fullfilling there needs.
First Job in Dubai
Sales Executive / Lease Coordinator (Former Employee), DubaiDecember 16, 2013
Learned how to sell, experience in Customer Service. Thrifty Car Rental is one the biggest and leading car rental company in Dubai (UAE). It has its huge fleet with 40 + locations in UAE. I have always enjoyed working at Thrifty but the salary expectation is not up to the mark, therefore we the staff at Thrifty look for a better future else where.
review
Manager (Former Employee), Thomasville, GADecember 10, 2013
Great company. Focused on helping individuals lose weight
The best Place to work
Counter Sales Executive (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZDecember 2, 2013
Pros: very much supportive management
Cons: frequent amendments internally
To a starter or a fresher, you can learn everything from this company.
Fun to test Drive different cars
Lead Service Agent (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCNovember 25, 2013
Pros: driving different cars
Cons: lazy people
Typical work day for me starts at 3 am I open both locations at 4:30 am. I make sure I have enough people to make the day run as smooth as possible, Where ever I have to fill in I do, I detail cars that are overly dirty or stained it could take up to 2 hours or more for the same car (carpets,ceilings,doors, etc.) I drive the buses to the airport to – more... pick up customers, I check in cars, and also rent out cars.

What I have learned are the different types of people that come through our location. My supervisors are good people they enough me very much because they know with me there everything will get done. The co-workers that I supervisor are outstanding they make me look better by getting the things done that I ask of them.

The hardest part of my job is being heavily short staffed and turning people away that their card declines. The most enjoyable part of my job is making customers happy. – less
Enjoyed working with one company for almost 20 years.
Staff Asst, Las Vegas & Exec. Secretary, Dallas (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NV and Fort Worth, TXNovember 18, 2013
Dollar Thrifty is a terrific company to work for, with opportunities to advance.

About Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc.

Thrifty drivers looking to get the most for a buck might try Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group (DTG), which rents cars under the – Read more