Dollar General

Dollar General Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working with the Public
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Mount Zion, ILFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: public, weekly paychecks, indoor working, nice coworkers
Cons: i cannot list any cons for my job right now
I am always willing to learn new things to better myself. I always come into work 15 minutes early to "get in the groove". I would consider myself to be a people person and have yet to find a job/coworker I don't/didn't get along with. If there is something I find too difficult or something I don't understand, I am not afraid to ask for an opinion to – more... make sure I am doing my job to the fullest of my ability. – less
Advancement
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hammond, LAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: teamwork, great customer service, advancement in the company
Cons: no benefits, no healthcare insurance or flexibility with work schedule
A typical day at work was delivering excellent customer service
safe and clean friendly environment for customer.
Great Place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAOctober 20, 2014
great environment easy to learn didn't really have problems with other co-workers
productive work place
Salesperson (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 20, 2014
i love the work that i was doing my co worker's were reasonable to work with our job was making the costumer's happy and it made me feel good knowing that we or i could provide that.
work environment is safe and fun.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), livingston, txOctober 20, 2014
A typical day at work would be described as eventful. You are busy through out the day. Time management is a key in this job, you have duties that need to be done by the time you get off.
Laid back but productive environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Wilson, NCOctober 20, 2014
typical day was getting to work and going straight to the back and get to stocking. Nothing was really hard about the Job.
I really enjoyed working with the public
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Ledbetter, KYOctober 19, 2014
Typical day at work was fast paced and busy. The hardest part of the job was freight. The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers.
Great interaction with people
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee), Topeka, KSOctober 18, 2014
Pros: experince
Cons: not enough hours
Here I started off as just a Sales Associate and worked my way up to Key Holder position. Which gave me the experience of having some control, but unfortunately it came with lesser hours due to the number of key holders.
productive enviroment
Assistant Manager/Store Manager Candidate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2014
Pros: move up quickly
Cons: no overtime
Wonderful company to be employed by. Great opportunities and room for growth.
OK job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Ruther Glen, VAOctober 17, 2014
I like working here, it's better than McDonald's but it's just hard getting hours.
Average Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Auburn, ALOctober 17, 2014
A typical work day consisted of stocking, zoning, and operating a cash register. I learned how to effectively zone and stock store. The hardest part of my job was trying to get a schedule to fit my needs. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the customers.
Typical renovating
Temporary Position-Renovations (Former Employee), Coleman, MIOctober 17, 2014
Pros: easy understandable work
Cons: no room advancement
I worked for three weeks on certain days to help move around the store and get paid. It was an average work day with me picking up boxes, steel bars, and carrying them around the store. I did more heavy lifting then shelves placement.
Unstable, and over worked.
1st Key holder (Former Employee), Wayland, MIOctober 17, 2014
Pros: simple. easy.
Cons: little to no training. no help. low pay.
A typical day at Dollar General was working by yourself most of the day at the register with customers yelling at you over anything they could find wrong with prices, or tobacco policies. You were your own boss unless the store manager was in the store and you recovered by the registers when people were not waiting to be helped. When you had coworkers – more... they were never reliable, they would show up late, leave early, and try to tell you what to do when you were higher ranking then them. The hardest part of the job was denying sales to any age customer for tobacco de to lack of Identification. The best part of the job was when you would help a child or elderly customer and they would thank you up and down for just helping them put their things in their car, or taking a cart for them. – less
Fast paced workplace, always something to do
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Vernon, CTOctober 17, 2014
At Dollar General not a day went by that was boring. There was always something to do wether it was working on the truck, price change labels, planogram changes or simply assisting customers.
Fun and comfortable place to work
Cashier/Stocker/3rd Key Mgr (Former Employee), Franklin, NCOctober 17, 2014
Co-workers and customers alike made working there enjoyable. Was never given any task that was to big or to small, offered every day challenges which were easy to meet.
A horrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Summerville, SCOctober 17, 2014
Pros: interacting with different people on a daily
Cons: interrupted breaks, and being in the store by your self for long periods of times
*Very busy and not enough time
*How to multitask even better and in a timing matter
*Very little communicate
*Did what they wanted to do
*Everything was pretty easy
*Making sure the customers left happy
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Cashier, Cashiers (Former Employee), Williamston, NCOctober 17, 2014
Pros: get paid every week to help out with
Cons: no benefits, sometimes not enough staff, underpaid, 7.25 hour
Co Workers were the best, hardest part of job was making sure that all employees did as asked, pulling in the stock from the truck to be unloaded, most enjoyable part of the job was giving customer service, becoming a part of management was nice, learned how to interact with the vendors, developed good manners with vendors
Loyal Customers
Cashier (Current Employee), Citrus SpringsOctober 16, 2014
Pros: fast advancement
Cons: low salary
I have noticed that I see many loyal customers which helps build great business. The hardest part of my job is stocking shelves. You have to be very fast and accurate while lifting heavy items. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing all of the smiling faces that come into the store and hearing them say how much they enjoy shopping at Dollar General.
horrible.
Cashier, Stocker (Former Employee), Covington, TNOctober 16, 2014
horrible place to work. horrible bosses, horrible management in general
Comfortable Environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), 45 South Airport DriveOctober 16, 2014
Pros: having a balanced register
Cons: p/t employees no benefits
Working the main cash register with assistance to the customer.
Management and employees great to work with.
Hardest part of the job was trying to stock the incoming merchandise for the store.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work at your own pace

1 2 3 4 5

About Dollar General

Goodlettsville, Tenn.-based Dollar General Corporation is the nation’s largest small-box discount retailer. We make shopping – Read more