Provides after-sales technical support to customers as scheduled and dispatched by the Customer Support Advocate utilizing e - automate generated work orders.
Job Description / Major Responsibilities
- Include installing, repairing and performing emergency and preventative maintenance on imaging, printing, copying and facsimile equipment in accordance with the highest standards of professional technical services.
- Complete detailed reports and checklists on services performed and parts used and forward them to the Customer Advocate for entry into e-automate or filing.
- The candidate is also responsible for completing all required training programs and promoting good customer relations.
- In client’s offices install, configure and service, monitor and operate all customer documents processing equipment to ensure proper and timely processing of all jobs at customer required quality level.
- Establish and maintain automated and/or hard copy files, records, logs, and archival library.
- Respond to technical inquiries pertaining to document systems.
- Troubleshoot hardware problems.
- Contact vendors for equipment service issues.
- Maintains parts inventory in a professional manner.
- Perform basic care and maintenance of equipment, maintain and monitor hardware and related inventory.
- Assist with the development and update of input forms, operating instructions and job procedures manuals.
- Perform related duties as assigned, to include general office and other assignments.
- Provide and facilitate technical field service support as needed.
- Attend and successfully complete manufacturer training sessions
- Train sales, customers and fellow service technicians on the products as requested.
- Keep up with new technologies / complete Online training courses
- Maintain open communications with Office of the President and Customer Advocate.
- Establish a professional technical support image.
- This position will provide technical support via the telephone, e-mail or at the customer site.
- Work independently in solving customer technical product issues and answering product configuration questions.
Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Computer literate with basic computer operations and related equipment.
- Installation methods, preventive maintenance routines, concepts and capacities, operational methods and procedures and operation of all equipment
- Should have equally strong technical, verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to quality professional performance.
- Superior technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong Customer Relations skills.
- The practice of strong interpersonal skills are crucial
- Experience with IP addressing
- Working knowledge of how major components fit into an end-to-end cluster printer system
- Strong initiative is a key success factor for this position
- Produce high levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Work effectively independently and also as a team member
- Must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment, to manage multiple customer issues/projects simultaneously, provide quick responses and meet aggressive deadlines.
- The position requires extremely self-motivated, autonomous individuals who will provide a high level of technical support.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
High School Graduate (5 year math) or equivalent and community college / business school training in computer operations and equipment and two years professional photocopy service processing work experience;
- Basic electronics course or background, High School Diploma, or past position doing electro-mechanical work
- Prior copier / printer / fax repair experience desirable
- Post-secondary education in Electrical or Mechanical Technology, a minimum of three years’ related copier experience, mechanical / electrical aptitude and superior customer service skills.
- A valid driver’s license is also an essential requirement.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Document Imaging Partners has built a successful history of service in document processing. It is our belief, that documents are the key...