Diversified Transportation Employee Reviews in Canada

Enjoyed the Job , the people and they paid me to have fun.
On site driver for the mines (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray AlbertaApril 10, 2016
After adjusting the mind and body to a split shift the benefits out weighed the cons. The job and people I worked with made it fun and took the word work out of the day. Driving is fun and enjoyable on highway or off road in the mines as long as you have common sense drivers around you. With the amount of drivers of course you come across those occasional driver's that you feel need to do a career change. I had a great management team around me and was so grateful to have been employed with this group of people. All I can say is thank you Diversified, it was fun.Sorry it had to end.
Pros
Driving driving driving and getting paid.
Cons
The drivers that lacked common sense
Personable individual that enjoys interacting with customers; a sincere desire to establish lasting and ongoing customer relations to achieve the high
driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Diversified is one of the largest transportation companies in the area. They pay very well and take care of there employees.
Pros
we did have fun at times
Cons
very long but was worthed
No job security and full of politics
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurrayOctober 5, 2015
Management is not organized, nor do they have proper training.
Loved my co-workers.Extreme amount off red tape and politics.
Pros
Well maintained equipment
Cons
management is horrible
Coach Driver
Coach Driver (Laid Off) (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 14, 2014
Driving a coach/yellow busy. You would work 4 hours in the morning and then 4 hours in the evening for 21 days. You basically have no life and are forced to sleep when you get home. Your picking up grumpy oil workers who are loud and crazy.
Pros
salary
Cons
everything else. split shift, management, culture, weather, city, i can keep going.
Great people
Coach bus driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayNovember 12, 2013
My time at Diversified was a great experience. The people and places I was able to know made the career very enjoyable. I think the only downfall to the whole time there, was that I was not able to come home as often as first thought which made my family life practically non-existent.
Pros
great pay and benifits and fun people
Cons
split shifts and cost of living
terrible place to work
washbay (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 5, 2013
management is a complete joke and so is safety. funny thing is if saftey and management switched roles they would do just a little bit better. as far as advancement goes good luck. if you are a complete moron and dont care about anything you will keep your job and spend 5 years doing the same quality of work every day and then someone will come ask you to become a manager. for me it didnt work because i wanted to work hard, i wanted to really earn it. it drove me crazy and it broke me because i couldnt sit back and collect the pay while doing nothing. i exceeded the expectations of my job and ended up behind. if there was a way to give management negative stars or 0 stars then i would definately be doing that.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management will drive you absolutely bonkers
Great place to work with opportunity for advancement
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 30, 2014
This has been a very good company to work for with lots of opportunities for advancement or even completely change your position. They have a great benefit package, as well as an RRSP package.
I had worked there for 28 plus years and enjoyed my time while I was there.
The people are a great bunch to have worked with.
It was tough at times meeting deadlines but along with co-workers we had always got the job done on time.
I learned a great deal while at DTL as I started as a school bus driver then moved on to the coach division and also became a driver trainer. I then decided I needed a change from driving and went into dispatch and then on to Operations assistant.
Working with old and new drivers was so enjoyable
Driver Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABDecember 15, 2014
I worked with a great group of drivers who all worked as a team. Because we all did the same job, we could easily relate to each other and help each other in time of stress, work problems and roll playing. Starting each work day with a coffee and relaxing with my fellow drivers, then taking the bus out of the garage to start my run which was mainly split shifts. Completing my first run, back at the garage, sometimes going for breakfast with a few of my buddies, then home and then back to do my afternoon run. The hardest part of my day would be road conditions, construction, tight schedules, sometimes, but not very often, unruly passengers. The best part of my job was getting to know my passengers who became friends, working with my fellow drivers.
I enjoyed teaching new drivers how to drive the buses, teaching classroom subjects, Going out with seasoned drivers to help them with some habits they may have picked up that I could show them how to handle or deal with certain things.
Pros
great team of drivers
Cons
construction, road conditions
Free room and board and flights home
Coach Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 29, 2013
Drove workers from camp to the job site and picked them up at night.
Learned to sleep in the morning after breakfast and my first run were over. Management was pretty easy to get along with. My co workers were fun and for the most part easy to get along with.

Hardest part of the job was Wed. night. It was still an early morning but that night was late pickups from the airport and you still had to get up early the next day to do your run.

The most enjoyable part was the driving and the guys I drove. They were friendly and respectful and it was a pleasure to go to work,
Pros
2weeks in 1 week out...flown home
Cons
split shifts with very early and very late hours
Productive and fun working when people talk about their problems.
Coach driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 4, 2014
Every day is similar than the previous day.I learn how to behave good and work in a safe environment because someone is always waiting for my return home alive.Every management looking for good and safe worker.The hardest part of the job is when you ignore the safety rules and regulations and you get hurt.When management open their doors for employees to talk to them about some of their problems so everyone will work much better.
Horrible horrible place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 16, 2014
I worked for diversified as a mechanic little over a year, in which time I seen several good people who quit good jobs to work for this company get fired or Layed off for no reason, watch out for the contract they make you sign,they say 7 on 7 off 12 hr shifts so mechanics move there, to quit there jobs and find out they are being put on a mon to fri schedule. They then tell you the contract you signed says nothing about 7 on 7 off!!!
Your first day of training is all about safety then your first day on floor may aswell throw that out the window!! They have 2nd yr apprentices being lead hand telling the red seals what to do. If they want you gone and you have family that relies on you coming home but they can't fire you your punishment will be mon to fri shifts so your stuck there and can't fly home to see your family,possibly send you to fort McKay,where you then work 8 hr days and 2hr there 2hrs back travel time you don't get paid for. If you get injured on the job they will have modified work for you even if you can't walk and you will be kept from your family modified duties Monday to fri !!! No matter how good of worker you are. In an attempt to make you quit so they don't have to pay insurance,So if you plan on living perm in fort mac give it a try. If you plan on flying or driving out for your 7 days off to see family I'd think long and hard before stepping foot in any of there shops
Cons
will tell you anything to get you to work there. all lies
Overall a fun, enjoyable workplace
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABApril 6, 2014
A typical day at work: A fun and personable workplace while operating the bus. Passengers are very friendly and personable, polite and respectful.Driving within St.Albert as well as into Edmonton.
Co-workers on the most part are personable, friendly, fun, and team orientated.
I enjoy my job and really don't have areas of work that are hard to do.A new employee may find it hard at first to learn routes and keep to schedules.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people daily
Pros
meeting awesome people
Cons
split shifts, no pension plan, no sick days
Good Core Value Company
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCSeptember 30, 2013
Good work environment, fast paced, and family owned.
Some Gaps from CEO (owners vision) to what is being messaged from senior management.
Very Safety orientated company, and that was engraved as a daily routine, never asked to make a decision that would jeopardize Safety.
Highly productive and positive minded employees
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McmurraySeptember 3, 2014
This is a fast paced work enviroment which in which work has to be fufilled as scheduled.
I learnt to be able to work at high pace and under pressure.
Pros
good care of employees -heath care
Cons
working extended hours in most instances
Excellent Company
Coach Driver/Operator/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurrayAugust 28, 2012
Should offer straight shifts instead of all split. Really like how safety oriented the company is. The hardest part is the split shifts and not having a permanent schedule.
Pros
very safety oriented, good money
Cons
split shifts
Life as a School Bus Driver.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCNovember 2, 2012
Into training and post-training escorted with trainer, then start into the driver's office check mailbox, take orders and receive additional information before departing office. Pre-trip bus, drive to initial stop, follow route and stops accurately. Repeat process after drop off at subsequent schools, by possibly beginning second portion of route at next beginning start of the route. Abiding by rules and regulations at all times. Park bus, post-trip check, and repeat during afternoon run with pop by the driver's office, a pre-trip check, and follow through with route's obligations to conclude again at the Diversified Transportation yard with a post-trip and tidy of bus for the next day.

I learn routes very well, and how to follow through with rules and regulations.

Management has changed since I have been there, but I appreciate their communication and guidance.

The co-workers knew their seniority, and worked within their comfort zone; they were all very approachable and understanding with acknowledgement of their experience and seniority.

The hardest part of my job earning the trust and respect of my employers and employees.

The most enjoyable parts was the work and the children, with an opportunity for charter work and working with great organizations post-school hours.
Pros
children are challenge to work with, but the most rewarding experience you will have in your life.
Cons
micro-management, that is now gone; there is just few hours to make money, and it is a long time in a matter of many years to work up seniority to get choice runs'.
CO-WORKERS
Time Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 19, 2014
Everyone was enjoyable to work with! The environment was nice and everyone had good teamworking skills.
Great!
Coach Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurraySeptember 9, 2013
I only worked here for a short period of time but it was a great place to work and the wages were awesome! Terrific people to work with and the passengers were great as well. Miss them all...
Pros
easy job
Cons
split shifts
fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2014
I cleaned coaches all day and looked after our drivers. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers. We all tried to make it fun and enjoyable. The hardest part was muddy weather.
Treated excellent
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 22, 2014
Was the best shop ive worked at. great group of employees. great wages. exceptional amount of training and experience