Diversified Transportation

Diversified Transportation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Treated excellent
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 22, 2014
Was the best shop ive worked at. great group of employees. great wages. exceptional amount of training and experience
Overall a fun, enjoyable workplace
Bus Operator (Current Employee), St. Albert, ABApril 6, 2014
Pros: meeting awesome people
Cons: split shifts, no pension plan, no sick days
A typical day at work: A fun and personable workplace while operating the bus. Passengers are very friendly and personable, polite and respectful.Driving within St.Albert as well as into Edmonton.
Co-workers on the most part are personable, friendly, fun, and team orientated.
I enjoy my job and really don't have areas of work that are hard to do.A new – more... employee may find it hard at first to learn routes and keep to schedules.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people daily – less
fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2014
I cleaned coaches all day and looked after our drivers. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers. We all tried to make it fun and enjoyable. The hardest part was muddy weather.
my day at work
Coach Driver (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: meet new people everyday
Cons: working hours
Pre and post trip the bus.
report to distapch
pick up site workers and take them to work
Productive and fun working when people talk about their problems.
Coach driver (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 4, 2014
Every day is similar than the previous day.I learn how to behave good and work in a safe environment because someone is always waiting for my return home alive.Every management looking for good and safe worker.The hardest part of the job is when you ignore the safety rules and regulations and you get hurt.When management open their doors for employees – more... to talk to them about some of their problems so everyone will work much better. – less
Great people
Coach bus driver (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayNovember 12, 2013
Pros: great pay and benifits and fun people
Cons: split shifts and cost of living
My time at Diversified was a great experience. The people and places I was able to know made the career very enjoyable. I think the only downfall to the whole time there, was that I was not able to come home as often as first thought which made my family life practically non-existent.
Good Core Value Company
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Prince George, BCSeptember 30, 2013
Good work environment, fast paced, and family owned.
Some Gaps from CEO (owners vision) to what is being messaged from senior management.
Very Safety orientated company, and that was engraved as a daily routine, never asked to make a decision that would jeopardize Safety.
Great!
Coach Driver (Former Employee), Fort McMurraySeptember 9, 2013
Pros: easy job
Cons: split shifts
I only worked here for a short period of time but it was a great place to work and the wages were awesome! Terrific people to work with and the passengers were great as well. Miss them all...
Free room and board and flights home
Coach Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 29, 2013
Pros: 2weeks in 1 week out...flown home
Cons: split shifts with very early and very late hours
Drove workers from camp to the job site and picked them up at night.
Learned to sleep in the morning after breakfast and my first run were over. Management was pretty easy to get along with. My co workers were fun and for the most part easy to get along with.

Hardest part of the job was Wed. night. It was still an early morning but that night was late – more... pickups from the airport and you still had to get up early the next day to do your run.

The most enjoyable part was the driving and the guys I drove. They were friendly and respectful and it was a pleasure to go to work, – less
terrible place to work
washbay (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 5, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: management will drive you absolutely bonkers
management is a complete joke and so is safety. funny thing is if saftey and management switched roles they would do just a little bit better. as far as advancement goes good luck. if you are a complete moron and dont care about anything you will keep your job and spend 5 years doing the same quality of work every day and then someone will come ask – more... you to become a manager. for me it didnt work because i wanted to work hard, i wanted to really earn it. it drove me crazy and it broke me because i couldnt sit back and collect the pay while doing nothing. i exceeded the expectations of my job and ended up behind. if there was a way to give management negative stars or 0 stars then i would definately be doing that. – less
Good
Transit Bus Operator (Former Employee), Calgary ABJuly 2, 2013
Good company to work for, keeps you busy and challenged. Enjoyed the clientele and staff.
Great place to be
Coach driver (Current Employee), Fort McMurrayMarch 24, 2013
Pros: good people to work for
Cons: split shifts
If you like split shifts and driving then this is a great place to be
good training
School bus driver (Former Employee), Prince George, BCJanuary 20, 2013
The company has a good training program. After training you are on the casual spare board with very little work..
Life as a School Bus Driver.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Prince George, BCNovember 2, 2012
Pros: children are challenge to work with, but the most rewarding experience you will have in your life.
Cons: micro-management, that is now gone; there is just few hours to make money, and it is a long time in a matter of many years to work up seniority to get choice runs'.
Into training and post-training escorted with trainer, then start into the driver's office check mailbox, take orders and receive additional information before departing office. Pre-trip bus, drive to initial stop, follow route and stops accurately. Repeat process after drop off at subsequent schools, by possibly beginning second portion of route at – more... next beginning start of the route. Abiding by rules and regulations at all times. Park bus, post-trip check, and repeat during afternoon run with pop by the driver's office, a pre-trip check, and follow through with route's obligations to conclude again at the Diversified Transportation yard with a post-trip and tidy of bus for the next day.

I learn routes very well, and how to follow through with rules and regulations.

Management has changed since I have been there, but I appreciate their communication and guidance.

The co-workers knew their seniority, and worked within their comfort zone; they were all very approachable and understanding with acknowledgement of their experience and seniority.

The hardest part of my job earning the trust and respect of my employers and employees.

The most enjoyable parts was the work and the children, with an opportunity for charter work and working with great organizations post-school hours. – less
Good place to work good people
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 22, 2012
always helped when you needed it, whether by other mechanics or managing staff
Excellent Company
Coach Driver/Operator/Mentor (Current Employee), Fort McMurrayAugust 28, 2012
Pros: very safety oriented, good money
Cons: split shifts
Should offer straight shifts instead of all split. Really like how safety oriented the company is. The hardest part is the split shifts and not having a permanent schedule.
Operations Manager Asst (Former Employee), Laveen, AZAugust 15, 2012
Pros: able to learn more than one job
Days were long but fast. Started each day with billing, payables, customer service, and payroll.