Diversified Staffing Employee Reviews in Canada

how has this company survived
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 24, 2016
This company is unorganized to the point of they have not a clue or a care if you are working. They have you call three to four times a day and only get you one or two days of work. The staff is rude if you have a question and very unhelpful. They are slightly condescending towards females and in spite of a full hard labour resume ask if you are sure you can do the job. They don't get you more then a few days and tend to double book on those few days they send you on making it look like they have no idea who is where or who is seeking work. They have to be hounded and calling them for work is an unpaid job in and of itself. They are condescending and rude on the phone and never really do the things they say they are going to. They tell you they have plenty of work when you first come in which seems to be a complete lie. The shame of it is these guys can get away with treating you like dirt and know it.
Pros
get paid weekly
Cons
rude staff, lack of work, lack of orgainization, no benifits, super low pay
i like the different kinds of work and people i run into its a very eye opening time for me i dont like repitition i like doing all kinds of things
Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 24, 2016
the hardest part of the jobs is the physical part but if you make some friends and laugh a bit at the job you forget so all-in-all i cant say id hate anything if i had some company with me the most enjoyable part is the diverse group of people you talk to or work with
what i always learn from a job is either how to work smart and hard or how to enjoy myself at the job cause who wants to be a grump guy at work
Pros
i get to live a very interesting life
Cons
i cant make enough money to support a house let alone bills
Great for when you are out of work and they have something
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 17, 2016
Rude staff on industrial side...right from the owner onwards. Not sure why. If they need us underdogs to make them a profit and keep them going why treat us like dirt; look down on us and speak disdainfully. Just don't understand. The underdog is the job. Usually is.
Pros
option to decline work, option to pick up extra
Cons
mistreatment of staff
I love my job when there is enough work
Administration (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 16, 2016
I love working for different companies and keeping my administration up to date it is just hard when there is no work to be had.
The people I work for are amazing and great.
Pros
Great people, different experiences, learning different areas
Cons
Not consistenet
Small Temp Agency Office
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2015
Typical day at Diversified Staffing was showing up at the head office for Jobs they were offering that morning. Once you are assigned a Job, You were either given a ride to the job site, or you will need to find your own way there.

Diversified Staffing was a great way for me to get a Job very easy and fast, and I was not required to keep the Job if it was not to my liking because most of the Jobs usually lasted about two weeks.

None the less, I didn't have any problems with the Jobs they sent me to. Their staff were very professional and helpful. I have not gone there for a Job in awhile but I would not mind going back at all.
Pros
good salary
Cons
temporary
temporary
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 17, 2016
during the summer I was there, I would go there at 7.00 am and wait to see there was day labour for me most of the time got jobs. those were great days because I was having a good time although it was hard work.
Ok for a temp agency
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 22, 2016
This review is ambiguous as the company is a temp agency providing day work for labourers. It does do it's best to provide work but it has a large demand for only a limited amount of daily jobs.
Pros
good staff
Cons
not enough work
Exemplary attention to clients
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 7, 2016
Provided varied experiences with a number of different companies,
and provided opportunities to work in a number of work settings and industries.
Pros
Ability to assist
Cons
Temporary work mostly
They do pay well but I cannot put in the required hours of a flag person.
Flag person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2016
The first time I worked for Diversified Staffing I was never without a day's work. The last time there were quite a few days that I was without work.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Not always working.
Productive and fun place
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2016
It is a good company with a friendly manager who is willing to be flexible according to your demand .A nice outgoing company
IPL contractor
Purchasing/Inventory Assistant - Consultant (Current Employee) –  IPL Calgary AlbertaNovember 27, 2015
Busy work place with consistent operating enhancements. Centralizing specific operating areas within the company. Good company to locate too but very hard to get on full time.
Pros
Cons
winter driving
Quick way to make some money on the side
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 4, 2015
It's an ok place, they help you get temporary work for the day or week or untill the job is complete........................
Good at keeping your busy
ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 11, 2015
I worked with this company as a temp until something permanent was found. I enjoyed the assignments and I would definately work for them again.
labourer
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 18, 2015
was a great experience learning hands on, the staff was friendly and made sure I was qualified with each job assignment with given me additional challenges I could learn quick and complete.
Pros
experience I gained
Cons
not enough hours
Happy joyful environment to work in.
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 8, 2012
Tim hortons company is a joyful work environment
each day was full of happy friendly customers and employees
customer service skills, learned management skills.
the hardest part of the job working at tim hortons was learning how to be quick and efficient to make customers happy
the most enjoyable part of the day was to see smiles on customers face's as they leave the store.
working for Tim hortons was a great position for myself beacuse it fit perfectly with my lifestyle
Pros
free coffee and doughnuts
Cons
wages were not quite adequate for my life
A great place to find temporary work as a labourer
General labourer and Swamper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta, CanadaApril 15, 2015
This is a great place to find temporary work as a labourer. At Diversified Staffing you get paid weekly for your work. The office is clean and the staff is friendly.
It was alright but did not always have work for everyone that came in...
Temp work (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 22, 2014
Typical day is just waiting for a certain job to come up..any job... so I could go out to work. whether it be landscaping, construction cleanup, fire and flood restoration, etc.. I learned a lot from these jobs, such as laying sod, cleaning of construction sites, apts... etc.
Pros
worked whenever i wanted..
Cons
didnt pay enough for the work employees did.
Also good company
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABDecember 30, 2013
Liked being sent out for various labor jobs, hardest part sometimes was heavy lifting but most enjoyable was the different contracts I was sent out on.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
sometimes not enough hours.
excellent work review
Temporary Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2014
diversified staffing provided me with employment when I didn't have any. They are an excellent company to work for.
Pros
available employment
Cons
it was temporary
Very good place to work,coworker are very helpful
AP/AR/Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABAugust 16, 2012
Its a small engering company, I love working here,but its a contract work .I am looking for parment job.I have exposer to AP/AR and some edministration work.My co-workers are very helpful .

2.9