Diversified Staffing Services Employee Reviews

Temp Associate
Temporary Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2017
I enjoy working for different companies, meeting new people and acquiring new skills. I have worked with 2 Coordinators at Diversified Staffing and both have been great they have kept me busy since I applied. They give me new assignments as soon as I ask for them.
Temp work is pretty awesome- as it is stress free!
Through Temp work you get to build connections with multiple companies or institutions.
Pros
Easy Assignments and you make your own Schedule. You provide your availability
Cons
Pay is average/No Benefits
Diverse work places that helps acquire a lot of experience in a short amount of time.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
A typical day of work is showing up at the designated client location and performing tasks given. It can vary from construction work to warehouse or just general cleaning. The workplace culture is not always the best because most people tend to be unsociable or unexcited for their work. The hardest part about the job is getting to the different job locations.
Pros
No fixed schedule
Cons
Not the most reliable and the pay is decent
Lots of work if wanted
Flagger (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2017
Is a temp agency bonus is u can take all the work u can get. But also say no if u need a day off. Can be anywhere around the city or outside the city. If your good they call u back many times
Pros
Lots of work if wanted
Cons
Pay
Very diversified
Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2017
There are so many different opportunities this company has to offer. The job is flexible where you basically choose your jobs and hours. Great initial starting pay. Nice unique experiences and opportunities that can even lead to permanent work.
Pros
Free lunches usually, very diversified opportunities, flexible
Got me great temp jobs
Temporary Data Entry and Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2017
They are a great, hardworking group of people dedicated to finding the right workers for the right jobs to provide their clients with the best service possible. Great place to work and they provided me with many great opportunities over the years. Check them out if you're looking for the best temp workers or if your looking for good contract based work.
Good work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Canmore5 April 2017
Normal temp work , ranging from customer service and lots of housekeeping , long hours and mostly full time , good company and I would definitely work for them again.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay
terrible!
potential canddiate (Former Employee) –  potential job location14 March 2017
I had a brief pre screening interview with the receptionist and she wasn't friendly at all!

I met up with a fellow recruiter whom made it sound so promising that a job will come my way as long as: i completed the computer test, send in my banking information, and give them references. I've done all of them and now i'm being forgotten by the recruiter.

I personally wouldn't suggest anyone who's looking for a job or even desperate for a job come here. do yourself a favour and go elsewhere! it's for the best!
Pros
the recruiter is semi nice
Cons
you've been forgotten along with 20+ other potential candidates they're seeing as well
Flexible and Friendly Workplace
Assistant Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2017
My main responsibilities were data entry, taking work orders, dispatching temporary workers, and answering any questions workers or employers had. The management here was excellent. The managers allowed my work schedule to be extremely flexible as I was a full time student trying to maintain a full time job. The manager would purchase pizza and pop for the staff every friday. They held many potlucks and had a wonderful Christmas party. The compensation was more than reasonable given the responsibilities of the job. This was a slower paced work environment most of the time. I would recommend this employer.
Pros
Pizza friday, good compensation, flexible
Cons
slow paced work environment
Friendly staff,Easy Jobs
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
Its a nice place to work jobs are not hard and hours are not too long, but its been quiet these days because of the winter.. but summer time I always get work
Pros
Free coffe in the mornings
Productive fast paced environment.
Reception/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2017
Company was enjoyable to work for. Fast paced trucking environment. Among being employed for this company I learned reception, payroll, customer service, inventory and processing orders. Management was a let down for it changed management what seemed every couple months in an 8 month period there was 3 managers. Co workers were helpful and supportive. Most enjoyable part of the job was working in dock reception greeting all incoming and outgoing drivers for their daily trips.
Pros
Gained exceptional experience
Cons
Unsteady control of managment.
It was great.
Temp Work (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2016
A day at work was great. I've learned roofing, warehouse work. Management was great. It was challenging and learning but not hard. i always enjoy work because it pays.
Scammers beware of them
Liquor demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2016
They advertised for a job position as a liquor demonstrator. I was called for an interview. I ended up paying them $80 (stupidly I must say because I have never fallen for scams in the past like this) with a prepayment plan to pay another $90 to send my profile to different jobs available in Calgary. Why do I have to pay for an agency to send my profile when I can physically send my resume electronically to different jobs? Well again I went with it.....the last straw was finding out I had to pay another $5 or more monthly to gain access to their online job postings and then call them to let them know I'm interested in the jobs posted. They would also take a cut out of my pay regularly. Why are you an agency again? Never have I had this happen to me in Toronto a job agency assists you in finding a job and either has a contract with your employer where they get paid or takes their cut when you get paid.... But not before even finding a job.
What's losers!!! I never went back!! Stay away from them waste of time and money.
I ended up getting a job by doing what I did before sending my resume electronically.
Pros
Cons
Everything's
Safety
tammy wey (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2016
This company is NOT safe for flaggers at all! They dont care for your safety and the wage they are posting is NOT even close to what you should recieve...they will stick it to you anyway POSSIBLE!
Pros
dont work there
Cons
not worth your life
rockwell was a very fun job i have no hate comments or bad things to say
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 June 2016
a typical day at rockwell was you mud in nails 3 rooms a day 3 coats to a wall then the roof 3 rooms a day the physical labour was probably the only requirement you needed to sucessfully be good at your job i learned that hard work pays off and my co-works were still a very diverse group of people the hardest part was hours you worked but as long as your joking around a bit you push through an forget about it then most enjoyable part of the job was my boss actually, he was a funny guy liked the hard work, a really go get it atitude
Pros
you get to go have fun at your jo job
Cons
not alot of direction as of what to do you just figure it out when your stuck
Helpful to freshen up my administrative skills
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2015
I really like the fact that there are company's such as diversified staffing which help people as myself find a job faster especially because i have two daughters of my own at 29 it was a big help.
Productive and fast paced
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 October 2015
This employment required ever changing mind set. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a variety of different people in a variety of different location. Learning many different skills to put in my tool box of life as I would call it. I was hired out for simple jobs like answering the phone one day and then the next day I would be in a different location on a 4 week project learning a whole new system. The groups of people that I meet and worked with were unforgettable and of course the experience that I gain is everlasting.
Pros
Variety of people
Cons
Different locations
one of the many temp agencies that have work
Forklift Operator/Flagger (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2015
Diversified is like the many temp agencies in Calgary if they have work they will fill the contract. I use 6 or 7 temp agencies when i need work i phone them if they have work great if not i phone another agency.As long as i do a half decent job they are happy and when i get payed for my skills so am i .
Pros
i can work when i need to and i can pursue my other interests
good place to work
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  red deer, ab25 June 2015
Good training, supportive managers, positive employees, good pay, believe in mentor ship

The work environment is really relaxed and the hours are flexible. I have great managers and superiors are easy to talk to. I feel at home here.
Great Recruiting staff
Admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2015
Very respectable and responsible staff. I was placed with one of their clients and never had any problems. I once had a problem with time sheet submission but they graciously handled it and paid me on time.
Pros
Understanding and respectable staff
Cons
hourly rate could be higher
Great company - no benefits.
Data Entry Clerk (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Red Deer County, AB20 March 2015
Diversified Staffing Services is a great place to work. The only drawback is they don't offer a benefits package. Otherwise they are flexible and supportive to their clients and workers needs.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversified Staffing Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9