Diversified Staffing Services Ltd. Employee Reviews

It was great.
Temp Work (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2016
A day at work was great. I've learned roofing, warehouse work. Management was great. It was challenging and learning but not hard. i always enjoy work because it pays.
Scammers beware of them
Liquor demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2016
They advertised for a job position as a liquor demonstrator. I was called for an interview. I ended up paying them $80 (stupidly I must say because I have never fallen for scams in the past like this) with a prepayment plan to pay another $90 to send my profile to different jobs available in Calgary. Why do I have to pay for an agency to send my profile when I can physically send my resume electronically to different jobs? Well again I went with it.....the last straw was finding out I had to pay another $5 or more monthly to gain access to their online job postings and then call them to let them know I'm interested in the jobs posted. They would also take a cut out of my pay regularly. Why are you an agency again? Never have I had this happen to me in Toronto a job agency assists you in finding a job and either has a contract with your employer where they get paid or takes their cut when you get paid.... But not before even finding a job.
What's losers!!! I never went back!! Stay away from them waste of time and money.
I ended up getting a job by doing what I did before sending my resume electronically.
Pros
Cons
Everything's
Safety
tammy wey (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2016
This company is NOT safe for flaggers at all! They dont care for your safety and the wage they are posting is NOT even close to what you should recieve...they will stick it to you anyway POSSIBLE!
Pros
dont work there
Cons
not worth your life
rockwell was a very fun job i have no hate comments or bad things to say
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 June 2016
a typical day at rockwell was you mud in nails 3 rooms a day 3 coats to a wall then the roof 3 rooms a day the physical labour was probably the only requirement you needed to sucessfully be good at your job i learned that hard work pays off and my co-works were still a very diverse group of people the hardest part was hours you worked but as long as your joking around a bit you push through an forget about it then most enjoyable part of the job was my boss actually, he was a funny guy liked the hard work, a really go get it atitude
Pros
you get to go have fun at your jo job
Cons
not alot of direction as of what to do you just figure it out when your stuck
Helpful to freshen up my administrative skills
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2015
I really like the fact that there are company's such as diversified staffing which help people as myself find a job faster especially because i have two daughters of my own at 29 it was a big help.
one of the many temp agencies that have work
Forklift Operator/Flagger (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2015
Diversified is like the many temp agencies in Calgary if they have work they will fill the contract. I use 6 or 7 temp agencies when i need work i phone them if they have work great if not i phone another agency.As long as i do a half decent job they are happy and when i get payed for my skills so am i .
Pros
i can work when i need to and i can pursue my other interests
good place to work
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  red deer, ab25 June 2015
Good training, supportive managers, positive employees, good pay, believe in mentor ship

The work environment is really relaxed and the hours are flexible. I have great managers and superiors are easy to talk to. I feel at home here.
Great Recruiting staff
Admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2015
Very respectable and responsible staff. I was placed with one of their clients and never had any problems. I once had a problem with time sheet submission but they graciously handled it and paid me on time.
Pros
Understanding and respectable staff
Cons
hourly rate could be higher
Great company - no benefits.
Data Entry Clerk (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Red Deer County, AB20 March 2015
Diversified Staffing Services is a great place to work. The only drawback is they don't offer a benefits package. Otherwise they are flexible and supportive to their clients and workers needs.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No Benefits
I have worked for Diversified in 3 different cities
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2015
I have worked for Diversified in 3 different cities, Calgary, Lethbridge and Edmonton. They are great people to work for!
Pros
long term assisbments
Cons
no benefits
out of ordinary job placements
General contractor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 February 2015
every day was different from previous days. Management was necessary at beginning when introduced to their clients. After that taking directions only from client's management
Temporary labor worker
Industrial laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta29 December 2014
Arrive early, take a lunch and water.
Be willing to work indoors and outdoors.
Pros
may help pay the bills
Cons
No guarantee there will be work that day. Hence Temporary Work.
it's alright
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary6 December 2014
I like the job but I'm not getting paid enough for my qualifications
I work in thing that I am not qualified with, sometimes is hard on my back somet
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2014
regular days
most of the time you work 8 hours
you got sent in teams of 2
you have to do something new so is not boring
good for a non-skilled temp agency
General Temporary Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton10 September 2014
get into a career or trade , good for now kinda job. better to get skills up and labour experience
Pros
some overtime paid
Cons
dirty jobs
Inconsiderate
Administrative Assistant/Management (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 August 2014
They treat you like a disposable object, their main concern is the client they are getting the work from, no consideration is given to the previous contracts you fulfill, as they would rather give the next applicant work in order to have more people on board.
Pros
Meet nice people on the jobs
Cons
Poor pay
fine
Laborer (Current Employee) –  edmonton17 June 2014
staffing agency

not much to say they are there and have always been able to find me what ever need.
Fun place to work
Junior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2014
Excellent management team. Fun work environment with accomplishments admired more than failures.
I like the variety.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AB20 January 2014
I did all kinds of jobs at diversified. I took a wall down, helped build warehouse shelves and then I was finally put on full time at Nilex pulling liner for a few months. I learned how to keep a more positive attitude and how to work harder. Management was very reasonable and quite helpful most of the time, friendly as well. My co-workers were polite, patient and very easy to talk to and go to if I ever needed help. The only hard part about working there was working in the hot sun or the cold. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know so many new people and taking pride in my work.
Moving materials, cleaning
General labor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2014
After checking the position, I think that I have the skills and competence to do this job, recently have the responsibility to take care construction field to be safe to work. I have the certificate require for this kind of job.

2.8