Diversicare Health Care Employee Review

View all Diversicare Health Care reviews

Love the job requirements and coworkers
MDS Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TN9 October 2013
This facility has had a rough time lately but recently had a pretty good state survey. We have had a lot of changes in administration so my rating does not reflect the new administration. We got a new DNS and new administrator right during survey but they seem to be adapting very well. Unfortunately, for all of us, the census has dropped so much (as it tends to do in long term care) that corporate has cut positions and hours. It cannot be helped but it is distressing. I think that the current team in place will be able to do a great job and hopefully, hours for employees will increase.

This position really filled my needs as I did not have to work as floor nurse or take call. I concentrated on MDSs, care plans and putting the information in the computer.
Pros
Loved the work that I did
Cons
Too many changes in positions, no consistency

Other Diversicare Health Care Employee Reviews

Not Good
Director of care (Former Employee) –  Calgary20 July 2016
When Diversicare took over as contract manager, morale went really low.

Very obvious that this contractor management is looking out for their own jobs. It's now all about the money. They cut programs and raised the rent. Now they are at less than 85% vacancy. Shame, prince of peace was a wonderful work environment. Senior leaders (including myself) have All quit.
Pros
Frontline staff are awesome
Cons
Cut wages, benefits Etc.
Regional management ruining a great community
Management (Current Employee) –  Calgary alberta3 July 2015
After a lengthy period of employment, the residence started seeing a huge shift in management... From the GM to the office manager... Both whom were fantastic. The entire residence suffered and it was at the hands of one power tripping regional manager who thinks she is playing a clever chess game... In fact it is a Russian roulette game! The staff and residents are suffering.
It is sad to see a great facility go down and join the competition where they will have to pull out all stops to get new residents... Where as before, new potential residents would sign up during their first tour... Very sad.... I would love to see the staff survey and resident satisfaction survey results... They must have gone down at least 30% since January!!!
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Reginal management is looking out for their career only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversicare Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6