Diversicare Health Care

Diversicare Health Care Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Regional management ruining a great community
Management (Current Employee), Calgary albertaJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Great staff
Cons: Reginal management is looking out for their career only
After a lengthy period of employment, the residence started seeing a huge shift in management... From the GM to the office manager... Both whom were fantastic. The entire residence suffered and it was at the hands of one power tripping regional manager who thinks she is playing a clever chess game... In fact it is a Russian roulette game! The staff and residents are suffering.
It is sad to see a great facility go down and join the competition where they will have to pull out all stops to get new residents... Where as before, new potential residents would sign up during their first tour... Very sad.... I would love to see the staff survey and resident satisfaction survey results... They must have gone down at least 30% since January!!!
Unfriendly unprofessional
Nursing (Former Employee), TilburyMay 27, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Too much too list
Hostile environment
Poor orientation
Not enough registered staff on night shift
Nurses not supportive of one another
Bullying ++
TOXIC WORK ENVIRONMENT
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed working with the residents and their families.
Cons: no support from bosses.
-Orientation was almost non existent. Staff too over worked to really orientate new staff. When I asked for more orientation, I was told I would receive it, but never did.
-My pay was never correct, except when union got involved.
-Overall negative attitude from staff, they are overworked and fed up.
-Backbiting among staff.
-Some staff and administration would complain about the residents' families who were not happy with the care, and most of the time, the families did have legitimate concerns.
-Witnessed an RN, who had been there for over a year, be brought to tears by the 'bullying' attitude of the ADOC.
-Registered staff were never able to take the breaks they are allowed, if they did, they would never get work done.
-If nurses had to stay late for a reason beyond their control, and put in for overtime, they would never get it, unless they contacted the union rep.
-Most staff want to give the best care, but the time constraints make this impossible.
-One of the WORST PLACES I have ever worked.
Management was Excellent
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 3, 2013
I loved serving and giving to the seniors, cheering their day...The hardest part about my job was working evenings.
Toxic Work Environment
Employee (Former Employee), OntarioJune 3, 2013
Pros: had fun with seniors
Cons: hostile managemant
not recommended, long hours, no breaks, terrible management
this was not my favorite place to work
Homemaker (Former Employee), Regina, SKJuly 8, 2012
Pros: working with nice people
Cons: 10 hour shifts
Arrived at 9am served breakfast until sometimes 11am, set tables for lunch. Prepared lunch,served lunch cleaned up, did an activity,prepared supper, set tables, served supper, cleaned up.
I learned to love the residents and we had fun together. The management was very difficult to work with and it was very frustrating. I liked my co-workers for the most part. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet for 10 hours per day. The most enjoyable part was being with the residents.