Since its incorporation in 1984, DiversiTech has been a leader in the Air Pollution Control Industry designing, supplying and installing a complete line of Industrial Air-Filtration & Dust Collection products.
DiversiTech's unique products and customized filtration systems have been sold around the world to a variety of different industries from aerospace to automotive, manufacturers to film studios.
This position applies technical knowledge and expertise in the development and implementation of new and improved manufacturing processes, procedures and equipment. The Manufacturing Engineer works in a fast paced, dynamic manufacturing environment to analyze assembly processes and equipment to ensure the effective and efficient utilization of resources. You will champion root cause analysis and corrective actions relative to process related manufacturing and quality issues. You will identify, develop and implement continuous improvement projects.
- Participate in developing plans and new manufacturing processes in order to plan and organize on time deliveries of new products in short manufacturing lead time.
- Support Engineering in new product development
- Perform Research & Development on prototypes
- Write required documentation for operators (data sheet, key card, list of materials, manufacturing aids).
- Act as an agent of change in the continuous improvement of processes.
- Support the Manufacturing Engineering Group in its production support operations.
- Develop production systems and optimize the shop floor management; implement Kanban.
- Conduct research in order to develop or improve manufacturing processes/procedures, reduce lead time and stocks.
- Analyze manufacturing capacity (assembly, inspection and test) and propose solutions for short and long term identified problems.
- Perform analytical studies, solve technical problems and propose corrective actions for current production.
- Make sure that work tool requirements, manufacturing processes and quality control of products are in accordance with our customers’ specifications at any time and take necessary actions to ensure that deliveries are made on time.
- Prepare reports with respect to the development and improvement project related to plant operations.
- Organize and manage projects related to the continuous improvement of processes and assembly methods.
- Manage special projects related to the physical reorganization of the plant, "Lean Manufacturing"
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in engineering (manufacturing, industrial, mechanical, or operations management)
- Experience in Industrial Ventilation an asset
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing environment an asset
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Good computer skills (Office, Access, MRP)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Lean Office concepts
- Knowledge of Solidworks, an asset
- Knowledge of Autocad software, an asset
- Good team spirit
- Initiative, leadership and solid interpersonal skills
- Developed problem-solving skills
- Very good communication skills
- Bilingualism is essential, French and English, spoken and written
A technology leader in the Air Filtration & Dust Collection industry, we deliver reliable products manufactured to perform correctly in your application. When designing Fume & Dust Control products, our first priority is worker safety. Keeping unbreathables away from the operator’s repository zone requires capture-at-source equipment that is easy-to-use, easier-to-service, and is powerful enough to return truly clean air.
Today, DiversiTech's products are trusted by professionals around the world for:
- Grinding / Deburring
- Plasma cutting
- and many other industrial applications
In your workplace, if any of these processes produce dust, smoke, fumes, or vapors, call DiversiTech today and ask for assistance in evaluating your needs. Our team of experienced support professionals can help you verify your air pollution control requirements, and recommend solutions to deliver clean air in your workplace.
Indeed - 9 months ago
DiversiTech was founded in 1971 as an entrepreneurial venture dedicated to the design of lightweight concrete foundations for electrical...