District of West Vancouver Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good group of coworkers, too much bureaucracy
Lifeguard & Instructor (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC1 May 2017
Very large gap in communication between different departments and levels of management.

Policy is very top down and some decisions are made too rash or often too slow. Management varied and often would make new policies to fit their decisions.
Initially a good place to work but the lustre wore off.
Manager (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC10 December 2016
Worked there for a few years and found that middle management did not get proper support from upper management when union issues arose. It was difficult for management to operate as from all appearances the unions run the place. I believe it all comes from the top and since then have moved on to a couple of other organizations (local government as well) and found them to be more highly functioning than this organization. As well, salaries are kept lower so when you work here you are always job shopping. It's just the way it is.

All said, I worked with some great people and got a few work plan issues completed. Those great people have also moved on and are happier elsewhere.
Pros
Great scenery on the waterfront, some nice and caring co-workers
Cons
Poor morale in general, poor salary and benefits, union members made more money than managers, poor support for managers from above, the unions run the show and managers are just there for appearance sake
Recreation Software Management System.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Contract) (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC20 May 2016
Recreation Software Management System.

• Providing product solution options for the implementation of a Recreation Software Management System (RSMS) solution from ActiveNet.
• End-to-end Project Management from RFP, Vendor Selection to Go Live.
• The project encompasses the purchase & installation of the required SaaS software, and related P.O.S. hardware, as well the provision for the access to a new banking system, data, training, future support & maintenance for the District.
A good Life Balance Work Place
Cemetery Attendant/Park attendant (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC6 March 2015
West Vancouver is a great place to work with training and safety available for all the employees. Wages are good. I enjoyed my years there and only left to move out to the Fraser Valley Where I could afford housing.

I would work there again.
Pros
Good work enviorment and pay
Cons
It was seasonal work only
Like my family
Bylaw Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 February 2015
District of West Vancouver has been the best employer I have ever had to this day. District is a fun happy place and everyone treats me like family. There are great training opportunities and benefits are very good.