DistributionNOW Employee Reviews

productive and good work ethic
Shipping/Receiving, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 September 2017
i loved my job at distribution now made a lot of great friends worked hard and build clientele. Being part of the team was successful and Productive.
Great place of employment
Administrator/Data Processor/Safety Representative (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 September 2017
Great Benefits and well balanced with life
Management is great
Stability is awesome good company moral
world wide company
Great experiences within the company.
Great training programs
Great people and work atmosphere
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB13 July 2017
Brilliant company to work for. highly enjoy the day to day meetings with the customers and dealing with walk ins. the SAP program has been a great learning curve.
Goal driven, success oriented but relaxed atmosphere.
Q, H, S and E Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Distribution Center6 October 2016
I had a very positive experience working along side the management team and with all the staff at DNOW. I would absolutely work there again should the opportunity arise.
Cross training is heavily promoted at the distribution center which allows those interested to grow as employees and build their base skill set making them an invaluable asset to DNOW and if they move on they are more desirable on the job market.
It was wonderful work for them
Shipper/Picker and Q/A (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2016
they teach me a lot and experience.
I work with a very good team of people
Working with the sales representative was the hardest
Management fantastic.
focus place to work but we have a good time too
Receptionist/ Admin (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB20 July 2016
I love this company, they have been good to me. I have enjoyed learning everything I have. Customers always come 1st. we are a team.
fun to work
shipper/receiver/forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 April 2016
it was fun working there,i was very much liked and worked very hard got along with everyone.i was a team leader always came on time and dedicated ro my job.
Pros
free coffee
A decent place to work
Desktop Support Analyst - Canada (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2016
A pretty good company to work for, with a diverse amount of people working there. Management were a bit hard-lined about some things, but all in all, good people where I was located. I found the as front line support in IT, getting to work one on one with people to help them get back to their jobs was very satisfying.
Pros
Structured processes, good pay
Cons
lack of inter company communication
Fast paced but highly dependent on oil pricing
Lead Hand, Sales, Mechanic, Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2016
It was a great place to be until I got laid off due to the drop in the oil market. When we were busy it was a fast paced environment with lots of advancement opportunity. Multiple departments at my location and a great deal of cross-training so that the workload was evened out through the peaks and valleys.
Pros
Safe clean environment, free lunches ended when oil prices went down
Cons
Too dependent on oil pricing
Store managers were helpful and understanding
Inventory Buyer - Procurement (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta14 October 2015
My biggest learning at this job was adjusting to SAP. In my previous buying position there was less responsibility about our spend, this was overseen by the company we were contracted by. At DNOW we were accountable to some degree for our purchasing. My favourite part of this job and all others was dealing with the people at my stores as well as the camaraderie shared with my co workers.
Pros
treated to vendor lunches on occasion, discounted purchases, free coffee, team building gatherings after work
Cons
loss in the oilfield economy, created tension in the workplace, lack of job security
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2015
I found this to be a challenging and rewarding place of employment. Great leadership and coworkers also contributed to this environment.
Pros
Fun work atmosphere
Cons
Training was lacking
Bustling atmosphere with lots of learning oppourtunites
Marketing Administration and Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2015
I entered this Oil and Gas based company ready to learn and that's exactly what I did. This company is very customer service oriented.
Coming in to the job, my aim was to improve myself and my skills on paper after spending many years travelling and nurturing my soul. The people I worked with there have been in the industry for a long time so I was able to gain a lot of insight from these people and take on many mentors. I learned a lot about a lot while working there and the new atmosphere and people I worked with showed me many new things and helped guide me toward a higher learning.
The customer service role that came with my particular the job were both the best and worst aspects. I am no stranger to customer service, but I was dealing with so many different kinds of people in the oil field as well as internally and externally around the office that I would often run in to new challenges with new people which I faced openly.
Pros
Excellent benefits and the ability to take on any new project I wanted to
Cons
moral issues with the oil and gas industry