Who we are looking for
For this position, Distributel is looking for an individual with a proven track record in Sharepoint and the innate ability to learn and assist users with internal systems. The Sharepoint & Application Helpdesk Agent will be integral in our success at introducing Sharepoint and providing ongoing assistance to our users.
- End-user application support, Assist users with SharePoint support calls, i.e.: access issues, leveraging web parts;
- Resolving technical problems and answering queries that originate by telephone, e-mail, or through the helpdesk system;
- Identify, investigate, and resolve errors;
- Assist business with the migration of documents from file shares;
- Design landing pages for team sites upon request;
- Review sites for excessive complexity and suggest streamlined alternatives;
- Monitor site usage and follow up on dormancy on monthly basis-contact site owner to determine status of the project;
- Liaise with IT regarding the migration and restore sites when necessary;
- Edit and customize pages using SharePoint Designer;
- Assist SharePoint Administrators with system administration responsibilities in order to maintain high availability and meet system performance expectations;
- Document bugs and solutions.
Computer Skills and Software Used
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Internal databases, tools, and software;
- SharePoint Standard, Enterprise Feature;
- Microsoft SharePoint 2007/2010;
Education and Training
- High school or equivalent;
- Minimum one year fulltime SharePoint Site Owner and Designer experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related practical experience.
Skills and Aptitudes
- Must be fluently bilingual in French and English;
- Experience with troubleshooting and supporting and/or administering Microsoft SharePoint an asset;
- Strong knowledge of SharePoint 2007/2010 platform including Microsoft Office desktop application integration with SharePoint;
- Comprehensive SharePoint end user;
- SharePoint Standard and Enterprise Feature experience;
- Ability to document incidents and resolutions completely;
- Experience with databases and Structured Query Language (SQL) an asset.
Please note that we will only contact the candidates that meet our requirements. Distributel is committed to the employment equity program
About Distributel Communications
Experience a wealth of opportunities by joining a dynamic team that's vigilantly working together towards reshaping the telecommunications landscape. As a leader in the Canadian telecommunications industry since 1988, Distributel offers a host of residential services, including DSL and Cable Internet, VoIP Phone Service and Long Distance options to over 200,000 subscribers in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British-Columbia. ThinkTel, Distributel’s business division, is a national provider of SIP-based voice, video, and data services catering to the SMB, enterprise and wholesale business segments. Join us in our mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!