Disruptive Media Publishers is the leading publisher of licensed digital personalization content for Sony PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox, and we are excited to be preparing for the new PS4 and Xbox One games consoles.
We work with WB, Paramount, Ubisoft, Activision, NBA, NHL, NFL, Billabong, Puma and many other movie/TV studios, fashion labels, artists and leading games companies, who choose Disruptive publishers to create their branded virtual goods.
Job opening: Office Assistant
Reporting to: President
We are a boutique, fun, nimble and quirky studio-style agency where every artist, animator, producer and creative person counts.
We are seeking an Office Assistant to keep our brand new office in order and provide support to the President and Directors.
This is a superb opportunity for a polished, dynamic professional to act as the Office Assistant. This firm’s close-knit, high energy office provides the perfect setting for a goal-oriented self-starter to oversee fast-moving processes, coordinate calendars and schedules, and draft documents, spreadsheets and presentations. The Office Assistant is integral to this company’s daily operations, and we are looking for someone who can think quickly on their feet and solve problems independently. This position offers incredible growth potential for a motivated candidate who is eager to engage with innovative goals, objectives, and priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Coordinating meetings, providing necessary meeting notes and background information in preparation for each of the directors’ appointments/meetings
- Opening, sorting and recording incoming mail, identifying and highlighting high priority mail and logging outgoing mail/UPS from President and Directors
- Daily banking, making payments, handling banking transactions, monthly and quarterly expenses with report reconciliation on behalf of the President
- Answering phones as required, responding to routine inquiries or directing callers to the appropriate individual
- Setting up and maintaining a CRM database for the President and Directors as required
- Preparing cheque requisitions for approval and signature
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies for the company
- Providing assistance such as proofing/correcting, formatting and sending President's Letters when required
- Set up meetings and ensuring catering is ordered
- Set up and maintain the files in the President’s office, opening, maintaining, and archiving as required which permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information
- Completing special research projects as directed as well as occasional errand running
- Arranging travel, accommodation, car reservations and preparing itineraries for corporate and personal travel as requested
- Planning and coordinating business and special events
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of a High school qualification, supplemented by business and secretarial courses or equivalent of at least 1-2 years related experience
- Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge of MS Office - Word, Excel (high level), PowerPoint and Outlook
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Highly organized and efficient
- Ability to set-up and maintain electronic and paper files
- Superior interpersonal, oral communication and relationship management skills
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and diplomacy skills
- Adept at balancing major concurrent tasks and projects
- Must be flexible and adaptable
- Patient yet firm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, combined with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Professional and courteous phone etiquette
HOW TO APPLY
Contact Disruptive by email to see how you could join this pioneering team!