Disney Cruise Line

Disney Cruise Line Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent work eniornment and lovely future with all Companies,
Service Excellent Coach (Former Employee), Reporting Food & Beverage Manager,March 4, 2013
Disney where dream comes true is a place where any one would love to work and experience the diffrence, place of new ideas, new peoples, new challenges , new faces all day to interact with nice benefits to employees.
fun place
Chef De Cuisine (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2014
it was a good run with dcl only very less opportunity for advancements. I worked over there for 2 years
Excellent work and experience
Chef de Rang (Current Employee), orlandoDecember 4, 2014
Work everyday serving between 30 and 40 guest in 3 different restaurants.
I´ve learned to exceed guest satisfaction.
I´m coordinator with 2 more chef de rang and we are responsible for put the restaurant ready.
I work with an assistant server.
The hardest part of my job is work everyday in 6 months without a day off.
Metting people from all over the – more... world and travel its a great experience. – less
It is fun to work aboard on a cruise ship.
Quartermaster/Fire patrol (Former Employee), Port Canaveral, FLNovember 28, 2014
Working on a cruise ship is exciting more adventure and fun .You will not notice that days had pass and you wake up one day that you are about to have your vacation and just finished your contract.
Life on Disney
GP/Environmental or Ordinary Seaman (Former Employee), FLNovember 27, 2014
normal working days onboard
management level is average
crew are nice and attentive
benefits are some what not good
strict company policy
hardest part of the job is when there is AFR in the pool
i enjoy alot in my line of work
i learned many things
i learned and updated my knowledge about pools
learned how to fix small issues about the machinery being – more... used in the operation

disney cruise line was a good company and im thankful that i was a part of that company – less
its a fun place to work lots of knowledge to gain and experiences and places to see very exciting
Cocktail Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Port Canaveral, FLNovember 21, 2014
Pros: yes free lunches available daily
Cons: breaks are sometimes half hour depending on a port day or a sea day
ping pong table available, recreational room, movie premier for the crew, parties, awards, swimming pool. its fun to work if u love what you do. work/ personal time balance have to be on the ballvery much spot on alcohol zero tolerance which is good. safety is primary focus.
Strict working place
Marine and Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), USA and Caribbean areaNovember 7, 2014
In charge for all mechanical , electrical and air conditioning equipments on board .
In charge for propulsion , alternators and main engine
Guide and organizing a team for the various daily maintenance
Scheduling maintenance and overhauling
Organizing spare parts and follow the various requisition forms
Working in team as leader , co-workers from all – more... around the world – less
all good
State Room Host (Former Employee), usaNovember 1, 2014
its a state roo host designation but for me a wonderful experince
Honest & Fun
Junior Sous Chef de Partie (Current Employee), Port Canaveral, FloridaOctober 17, 2014
Best part of working here is the company and the family you build from all over the world.
intense but lots of fun
Server (Current Employee), caribbeanSeptember 18, 2014
Typical day would be working breakfast,lunch and dinner,11 hour days,7 days a week for the entire contract(4-6 months) looking after the same guests for their entire cruise,making them feel special, getting to know their likes/dislikes.
Nice Enviroment
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free meal at crew mess at any time
10 hours day or night shift, I have learned all about my Job at the Hotel area and Guest Service, I had nice co-workers due to I am friendly but the hardest part of the Job was we had no break time, the most enjoyable part of the Job was interacting with guests in a prefessional manner
Magical Experience
Mainstage Performer (Former Employee), Port Canaveral, FLAugust 31, 2014
Best experience I've ever had. Working on a ship can be rough sometimes, but the places you get to go are incredibly breath-taking. Especially while you are doing what you love!
Efficiency
Cook 1 - Demi-Chef de Partie (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 21, 2014
Pros: everything is provided by the company
Cons: very lone hours, we work 12 hours a day
been working for cruise line for 6 years now. and the pressure to be ready for service time is enormous. i started to work as a cook 3 and rose to demi chef in six years. i experienced working in different sections of the hot galley and I'm very willing to learn. working with different nationalities is both fun and challenging, adjusting to each culture – more... and norms. the management in disney are efficient but very strict. rules and regulations are followed to the dot. but they give chance for people to move up.
the hardest part of working in a cruise ship is being away from the love ones. i was very lucky to have met my partner while we were there but we have decided to settle on land to start a family.
I don't have a new zealand work visa for the moment and would appreciate if you could give me a endorsement for that. – less
Hard work and a lot of hours, but the best company in the US to work for.
Youth Activities Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2014
Pros: you do not have to pay for anything unless you want to buy something from the stores.
Cons: long hours, no off days, food is not always that great for crew members
I worked a lot of hours, every day of the week, with no off days. I got to learn a lot about different cultures and how the US operates in different situations. I learned how to be patient and be professional on and off stage, whether it is with guests or fellow staff members. I learned not to complain and be thankful for what you've got and the way – more... you grew up. The management onboard changed every three or four months and some managers are good at being managers where others should not be managers at all. Most of the time management was really good, it is all about how you approach people. The hardest part of the job was working constantly and not being able to have one day off - you had to choose "should I go eat or should I go sleep for an hour" during your break times. I loved working in EDGE with the tweens and being in charge of "our" space. I loved being able to travel and if your schedule allows it, to actually get off on the island and explore for at least an hour. – less
A fun and different place to work...
Restaurant Waitress, Hostess and Trainer (Former Employee), USAAugust 18, 2014
As it was fun and different, also it was hard, working long days, weeks and months. It rewarded the job things like the salary, places known and the people who I'd met; creating and saving memories for a life time is the best part!
A secure, fun, honest and enjoyable place to work!
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), USAAugust 18, 2014
Having worked during 14 years for the Disney Company and specifically for Disney Cruise Line, which leads the way in hospitality & entertainment receiving all the higher prizes and recognition from the industry’s specialized critics and reviews, it was an honor and a pleasure spending all those years with them. The management, which I became part of, – more... is fantastic, open, friendly and the opportunities for growth are huge, specially now that the company is expanding.
When working on a cruise ship sometimes 10 to 12 to 14 hours a day for 6 long months, every single week with no days off, makes not every day to be the same, but if you enjoy what you do, each day becomes a story to tell and the experience and knowledge gained is not comparable with anything else out there. – less
Excelent team work, an wonderfull place to learn and have fun working
Waiter (Former Employee), RestaurantJuly 28, 2014
Pros: multicultural environment
Cons: long hours
12 / 14 hours a day

Starting for breakfast and ending in Dinner.
Always focusing in Excellent guest service.
Making sure all details are perfect such as;
Table set up
Polished Cutlery and Glasses
Napkin folding
Cleaned Floor
Aggressive hospitality, making sure the guest is 100% happy and well treated.
Very Good place to work
Asst.Quick Service Manager (Current Employee), Miami USAJune 13, 2014
Pros: the food was good.
Cons: there was timing forr work but were asked to work over time without any benefits
It is a very good company. Learned a lot about different culture and had a good experience working with Management of different countries. The company co-workers were very good and co-operative. The hardest part of the job was that there was to much pressure put on us n there was no proper timing at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was mixing – more... with different crew members and sharing the experience of F&B to junior Crew. – less
Fun ,productive knowledgeable
Dining Room Waiter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 13, 2014
Pros: free accomodation, air fare, food, laundry, insurance and safety too
Cons: shorthbreak
It is hard job, but fun,bright future.I learned new culture,environment,new knowledge.It was great management,fair ,fun but discipline,Respect, honest,to each other and success for everyone,the hardest part during on board is home sick,far away from family,beside that we have a lot of enjoyable part like, new family,money and also you may create happiness – more... by traveling around the world while earning money. – less
Great work place
Receptionist (Current Employee), Celebration, FLJune 12, 2014
Its a great place to work. Everyone always have a smile to share.

1 2 3 4

About Disney Cruise Line

Disney Cruise Line is proud to support many efforts that nurture the lives of children and enrich the valued environment of the – Read more

Disney Cruise Line Photos