Disney Cruise Line

Disney Cruise Line Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Efficiency
Cook 1 - Demi-Chef de Partie (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 21, 2014
Pros: everything is provided by the company
Cons: very lone hours, we work 12 hours a day
been working for cruise line for 6 years now. and the pressure to be ready for service time is enormous. i started to work as a cook 3 and rose to demi chef in six years. i experienced working in different sections of the hot galley and I'm very willing to learn. working with different nationalities is both fun and challenging, adjusting to each culture – more... and norms. the management in disney are efficient but very strict. rules and regulations are followed to the dot. but they give chance for people to move up.
the hardest part of working in a cruise ship is being away from the love ones. i was very lucky to have met my partner while we were there but we have decided to settle on land to start a family.
I don't have a new zealand work visa for the moment and would appreciate if you could give me a endorsement for that. – less
Hard work and a lot of hours, but the best company in the US to work for.
Youth Activities Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2014
Pros: you do not have to pay for anything unless you want to buy something from the stores.
Cons: long hours, no off days, food is not always that great for crew members
I worked a lot of hours, every day of the week, with no off days. I got to learn a lot about different cultures and how the US operates in different situations. I learned how to be patient and be professional on and off stage, whether it is with guests or fellow staff members. I learned not to complain and be thankful for what you've got and the way – more... you grew up. The management onboard changed every three or four months and some managers are good at being managers where others should not be managers at all. Most of the time management was really good, it is all about how you approach people. The hardest part of the job was working constantly and not being able to have one day off - you had to choose "should I go eat or should I go sleep for an hour" during your break times. I loved working in EDGE with the tweens and being in charge of "our" space. I loved being able to travel and if your schedule allows it, to actually get off on the island and explore for at least an hour. – less
A fun and different place to work...
Restaurant Waitress, Hostess and Trainer (Former Employee), USAAugust 18, 2014
As it was fun and different, also it was hard, working long days, weeks and months. It rewarded the job things like the salary, places known and the people who I'd met; creating and saving memories for a life time is the best part!
A secure, fun, honest and enjoyable place to work!
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), USAAugust 18, 2014
Having worked during 14 years for the Disney Company and specifically for Disney Cruise Line, which leads the way in hospitality & entertainment receiving all the higher prizes and recognition from the industry’s specialized critics and reviews, it was an honor and a pleasure spending all those years with them. The management, which I became part of, – more... is fantastic, open, friendly and the opportunities for growth are huge, specially now that the company is expanding.
When working on a cruise ship sometimes 10 to 12 to 14 hours a day for 6 long months, every single week with no days off, makes not every day to be the same, but if you enjoy what you do, each day becomes a story to tell and the experience and knowledge gained is not comparable with anything else out there. – less
Excelent team work, an wonderfull place to learn and have fun working
Waiter (Former Employee), RestaurantJuly 28, 2014
Pros: multicultural environment
Cons: long hours
12 / 14 hours a day

Starting for breakfast and ending in Dinner.
Always focusing in Excellent guest service.
Making sure all details are perfect such as;
Table set up
Polished Cutlery and Glasses
Napkin folding
Cleaned Floor
Aggressive hospitality, making sure the guest is 100% happy and well treated.
Very Good place to work
Asst.Quick Service Manager (Current Employee), Miami USAJune 13, 2014
Pros: the food was good.
Cons: there was timing forr work but were asked to work over time without any benefits
It is a very good company. Learned a lot about different culture and had a good experience working with Management of different countries. The company co-workers were very good and co-operative. The hardest part of the job was that there was to much pressure put on us n there was no proper timing at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was mixing – more... with different crew members and sharing the experience of F&B to junior Crew. – less
Fun ,productive knowledgeable
Dining Room Waiter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 13, 2014
Pros: free accomodation, air fare, food, laundry, insurance and safety too
Cons: shorthbreak
It is hard job, but fun,bright future.I learned new culture,environment,new knowledge.It was great management,fair ,fun but discipline,Respect, honest,to each other and success for everyone,the hardest part during on board is home sick,far away from family,beside that we have a lot of enjoyable part like, new family,money and also you may create happiness – more... by traveling around the world while earning money. – less
Great work place
Receptionist (Current Employee), Celebration, FLJune 12, 2014
Its a great place to work. Everyone always have a smile to share.
Always fun
Assistant Quick Service Manager, Dining Room (Former Employee), FloridaMay 28, 2014
Very hard work, good salary
I learned a lot
coo workers from all around the world
hardest part is servin dinner and stand the rude guests
Great Experiences
Specialty Pianist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 27, 2014
Pros: free room and board, travel
Cons: many months away from home.
Work as entertainer for Disney.
Life on the road.
Many priceless experiences.

Played in their piano bars six nights a week.
Worked with over sixty some different cultures.
Hardest of the job is being away from home for several months at a time.

Best part, the view.
Great work environment
Cruise Vacation Agent (Current Employee), Celebration, FLMay 21, 2014
On a typical day at Disney Cruise Line, you go in to work ready to take phone calls from our guests. The hardest part of the job is the call volume but most of the guests are happy because they're planning their vacations. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work environment. The employees at Disney Cruise Line are generally happy people full – more... of life and laughter. – less
Disney Cruise Line
Safety Officer (Current Employee), ShipbaseMay 10, 2014
Disney Cruise Line's four ships are family-friendly, offering the elaborate Walt Disney Theater, which resembles a plush Broadway house, and the Buena Vista Cinema, which features Disney flicks. Studio Sea is styled like a television sound stage and offers a forum for G-rated floor shows on Wonder and Magic; a similar venue is called the D Lounge on – more... Dream and Fantasy.

The line also features "Disney Digital 3-D" aboard Magic and Wonder. It's a cinema experience that uses lasers, fog, streamers and special lighting effects in the onboard theater.

The main pool areas on all four ships are geared toward families; there's a pool for younger kids with a 200-ft. Mickey water-slide, and a small sprinkler tub for toddlers. An adults-only pool exists as well on Magic and Wonder, though on Dream and Fantasy the grownup area encompasses several decks and bars.

Dream and Fantasy stepped up the waterpark-at-sea aspect by adding the AquaDuck, the first-ever watercoaster on a cruise ship. Clearly visible atop the ship, the coaster features a transparent, acrylic tube that propels riders along on a raft, up and down four decks of the ship -- at one point swinging out 13 feet off the side, 150 feet above the ocean.

For a real soak, kids (and adults) can head to Disney Fantasy's AquaLab, which explains the genesis of the AquaDuck. Basically, it's just a way to get wet standing up, as water pours out of buckets, through holes in the wall and from fountain jets on the deck.

Older folks have more than a pool in which to escape. Palo is a boutique eatery on each ship featuring northern Italian cuisine; reserve the minute you get onboard. For a real splurge, Remy offers top-of-the-line French fare on Dream and Fantasy and comes with a $75 tab -- the highest at sea.

The spa is also off-limits to the younger generation and one of the highlights is its rain forest steam room. Somewhat less compelling is an adults-only area of night clubs called "Beat Street" on Magic,"Route 66" on Wonder, "The District" on Dream and "Europa" on Fantasy; among the options are a dance club and sports pub.

There are family cabins that hold six, but Disney's roomier-than-average staterooms can handle at least four. Forty-four percent of outside cabins have verandahs. All come with bathtubs, a television, a safe and a hair dryer.

The children's program is organized and run by dozens of caring youth counselors; scheduled character greetings occur throughout the day (and many surprise visits, too). The inclusion of onboard nurseries (Flounder's Reef Nursery on Magic/Wonder and It's a Small World on Dream/Fantasy) filled a void for parents looking for childcare for their infants through age 3.

Spanning nearly an entire deck, Disney's Oceaneer Club is a supervised program for children aged 3 - 7, spilt into age groups of 3 - 4 and 5 - 7. The Oceaneer Lab is split into groups for kids aged 8 - 9 and 10 - 12, and offers high-tech interactive programs, hands-on science experiments and ship-wide treasure hunts. Kids 11 - 12 can compete in a marine biology knowledge game show and send digital postcards to friends.

The quartet mix it up when it comes to older kids. Teens (13 - 17) have a single private club on Wonder (Aloft) and Magic (the Stack); they're home to lots of overstuffed couches and chairs, the latest video games, MP3 listening stations, board games and magazines, and a bar that dispenses soft drinks and smoothies. But Dream and Fantasy split apart the demographic: 11 to 13's head to the Edge, while 14 to 17's chill in Vibe (which includes an outdoor area with hot tubs). Children's facilities are open from 9 a.m. until 1 a.m., though times can vary.

Once signed in onboard the ship, your children are automatically enrolled in the children's programs on Castaway Cay. There are supervised games for the individual age groups, and bike riding. However, take note that they do not take the children swimming. Disney character appearances are scheduled several times daily on the private island. – less
Dynamic, fast paced environment.
Port Representative (Current Employee), Port Canaveral, FLApril 28, 2014
Every day I am presented with new challenges. I love that things change every second of every day whether it be challenging international barriers or just completely different types of guests.

A day at work is hectic and crazy and I love every second of it. The job has numerous important positions to ensure all guests are assisted off the ship properly, – more... and the new batch of guests onto the next. It consists of authenticating important documents and experience with the Customs Border Protection. Other positions we are assigned are directional, crowd control, and efficiency.

I have learned a great deal of patience working at Disney Cruise Line. I work with thousands of guests per day (approximately 8,000) so it gives me an extremely interesting view to the day to day changes that can occur.

Overall, it is a wonderful, yet sometimes challenging, job. – less
A very good foundation for a career in the hospitality industry.
Bartender (Former Employee), Port Canaveral, FLApril 21, 2014
Pros: free food / lodging
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
An interesting and sometimes fun place to be, where you have the opportunity to meet people from all over the world, learn about their culture and traditions, i gained a lot of knowledge and i've grown a lot as a bartender in the time spend whit the company, it helped me to understand and perfect my skills in the hospitality industry. The hardest part – more... of the job is dealing with not being able to see you family and friends for a long period of time, having to learn how to be happy and having a positive attitude all the time. Overall it was a good experience that helped me to be where i'm today. – less
Safe company
Youth Activities floor manager (Former Employee), Cape Canaveral, FLApril 12, 2014
Pros: money saving, meeting people from all over the world
Cons: poor menu for employees, long working hours.not stability
A normal day onboard the ship will star with work , clock in and out ,work is fun , and time sometimes goes fast, i believe the hardest part of the job is dealing with co-workers, as we all come from all over the world it is hard to get along with every one which is as well challenging ,the most enjoyable part was the reunions or team buildings . in – more... general is a nice experience and such a nice company. – less
Great job no life
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2014
Fast paste, no time for personal life, most enjoyable part of the job is the money.
productive and funwork place with chest
House Keeper (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 27, 2014
My work day are sometimes long . I learn a lot more than my previous company Some manage need to be more ethical but co-workers are great .The hardest part of my job is embarkation day.the most enjoyable part of the job is when i dont have any guest concern.Must say thanks to Steven Mirinda to believe in me
Really fun place to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: free cruise, free entrance to all of the disney parks
Cons: low pay.
 Meet and greet guest at pier or airport and provide assistance.
 Check proper documentation for entry.
Productive and hard working
Merchandise Hostess (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2013
Pros: traveling, meeting new people
Cons: minimal time off
Disney Cruise Line is an interesting place to work. A typical day at work is communicating with guests onboard, restocking the floor, taking inventory of products, and keeping the floor clean and tidy. I learned a lot with working at DCL. Some including working with people from all over the world and communicating together and working together. Learning – more... the aspects of the company and what Disney is all about. Co-workers were easy to get along with and fun to talk to. The most enjoyable part of the job was the travel and getting to see new places and meet new people. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day doing 14hr shifts and having minimal time off. – less
Almost a quality place to work.
Bartender (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaOctober 18, 2013
Great crew to work with, was kept busy and interested. Meet varied interesting people from everywhere on the earth. Very good brand with lots to offer benefits wise,

1 2 3 4