Discovery Research

Discovery Research Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Atmosphere is discouraging
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COAugust 23, 2013
Pros: no qualifications, easy to get hired.
Cons: minimum wage, part-time with no guarantee of hours, no advancement
The equipment is extremely OLD and you are always running around looking for working equipment to use. Seriously, I looked into purchasing a phone with headset to bring to work and they stopped making this model in the 1980s. The phones are the most up to date of all the equipment. The computers are a mismatch of discarded equipment from other companies. – more... Some of the computers have “does not work” written in black marker and we are expected to use it until it fails. Finding working equipment and getting set up is done on your own time because you are only paid for the time you are logged onto the computer. When your average gets high enough to get paid over minimum wage the assistant manager moves you to work guaranteed to bring down your average. Your instructions are to ask when you have a question and the assistant manager is rough/ almost rude with you when you do ask; in order to discourage you from disturbing her. She is constantly mad at everyone and everything. All of the Supervisors hesitate to give you help or answers for fear of being held responsible or rubbing the assistant manager the wrong way. Communication is very bad. When you don’t understand, you are chastised in front of everyone. Sarcasm overwhelms any communication with the assistant manager and it doesn’t matter who she is talking to in terms of interviewers or supervisors. The attitude of the interviewers is do the hours and get out. There is no motivation to do a good job because you are punished when you do a good job. The atmosphere is very discouraging. They post the averages in the break room and when you see someone do a good job they are immediately subjected to really difficult work. This is just a job, there is no possibility of advancement and they go through employees like crazy. This is a college town and they have a never ending supply of new employees, so there is no motivation from the company to keep employees. – less
Productive, Professional and fun workplace.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAJuly 24, 2013
I really enjoyed working at Discovery Research because it taught me most of my administrative/clerical duties as well as how important it is to be well organized!
mehhhh
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Logan, UTJuly 18, 2013
this job pays low and it sucks. not fun at all. don't work here un-less you have to
Not Stable!
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJune 19, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: short breaks, lack of pay, rude people
A typical day at the office was being sent home from the office because the server went down. it is typical not to work the hours you are told and also to not being paid the amount of hours you actually worked. One of the managers was rude and always angry. my co-workers were good because they kept to themselves. the hardest part of the job is the job – more... itself. you are dealing with angry people all day along getting rejected constantly! – less
Expanding Knowlegement horizons
Project Management (Clinical trial projects) (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJune 1, 2013
An excellent organization which gives employees lot of cross functional expertise
Relaxing atmosphere.
Call center customer service representative (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDAugust 27, 2012
At Discovery Research Group I was a Call center customer service representative. I was trained to Interview consumers for product research. Working at Discovery was easy and it had a laid back atmosphere. Overall I liked working at Discovery Research Group.
Discovery Research Group
Monitor/Interviewer (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDAugust 18, 2012
The schedule is always the same, which is so convenient. I didn't learn much working there, but I love the management, they are great with working with schedules, co workers are great.
Fun Place to Work
Interviewer (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDMay 31, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not guaranteed hours
The people I worked with here were all really laid back and fun to be around.