Discovery House has a 30 year history in Calgary of providing quality integrated residential and community programming to women and children fleeing domestic violence. The Community Housing Program operates from a Housing First perspective, and provides intensive supports to assist women and children as they transition into the community of their choice.
The Community Housing Program has an immediate opening for one full-time Clinical Supervisor. Part of a team that offers intervention and prevention services within a community setting, the Clinical Supervisor collaborates closely with other team members to provide holistic care and support to families. The Clinical Supervisor provides clinical support and direction to a team of Mental Health Specialists and Child and Youth Support Specialists, ensuring a safe, supportive environment for women to engage in activities that reduce the impact of family violence.
The duties of the Clinical Supervisor include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the day to day clinical supervision and management of the mental health staff.
- Conduct individual and group supervision with mental health staff.
- Ensure optimal service delivery and adherence to best practices by monitoring staff performance.
- Direct observation of staff.
- Direct work with clients as required.
- Establish and maintain appropriate documentation, record keeping and statistics as required for clinical program standards.
- Co-facilitate team meetings and/or group supervision.
- Provide input into performance reviews of mental health staff.
Qualifications will include:
- A graduate degree in a related field (social work, psychology, nursing)
- Registration with an appropriate professional association
- Proven supervisory experience
- 3-5 years experience working in a therapeutic context
- Strong understanding of the dynamics and impacts of domestic violence
- Understanding of the intersection between domestic violence, poverty and homelessness
- Knowledge of trauma informed practice
- Experience working with diverse communities
- This position requires direct observation of staff in client’s homes. This position will also have an office to complete administrative tasks.
- Staff work a forty hour work week that is Monday through Friday and may be required to flex their hours.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle is required
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Discovery House is a committed equal opportunity employer.
Discovery House is a trusted, dynamic Calgary agency devoted to the safety and well-being of women with children leaving domestic violence....