Discovery House is a trusted, dynamic Calgary agency devoted to the safety and well-being of women with children leaving domestic violence. We offer stability, hope and opportunity through long-term residential and individualized long-term community and residential support services. Our staff demonstrate a ‘client-focused’ approach to all aspects of Discovery House operations. Together we strive to develop healthier families and stronger communities. The Residential Program has an immediate opening for one full-time permanent Child and Youth Case Manager.
Part of a team that offers intervention and prevention services within a residential setting, Child and Youth Case Managers provide and coordinate services on behalf of their child clients. Child and Youth Case Managers collaborate closely with Adult Case Managers and In-Home Support Workers to provide holistic care and support to families. Child and Youth Case Managers provide a safe, supportive environment for children and mothers to engage in activities that reduce the impact of family violence.
The duties of a Child and Youth Case Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfilling all of the expectations of service (intake, admission, assessment, case plan, case plan evaluation, exit and follow-through) of each child client
- Engaging children in one-on-one and group counseling
- Assessing parenting needs and/or skills and facilitating parenting sessions with mothers
- Collaborating with community agencies regarding the child client needs
- Maintaining accurate documentation and client files
Desired qualifications will include:
- A degree in a related field
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Training and experience in counseling children and youth, art and play therapy, case management and/or outreach work with children and youth
- Knowledge of trauma informed practice
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of domestic violence on children
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all respondents, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Discovery House is a committed equal opportunity employer.