We are expanding the Community Housing Program at Discovery House to serve 30 more families, and have several positions open as a result! Come join our team and make a difference in the lives of the women and children we serve.
Discovery House has a 30 year history in Calgary of providing quality integrated residential and community programming to women and children fleeing domestic violence. The Community Housing Program operates from a Housing First perspective, and provides intensive supports to assist women and children as they transition into the community of their choice.
The Community Housing Program has an immediate opening for one full-time Case Manager. Our Case Managers focus on meeting a family’s practical needs through identifying, sourcing and coordinating services, and by offering systems navigation, connecting the families to the long-term community supports they identify as being most important to them.
The duties of a Case Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Completing a thorough assessment of the client’s needs that will identify any barriers to maintaining safe and stable housing as well as any additional service needs of the family.
- Developing an individualized family action plan for wrap-around service needs in collaboration with the client family and the case management team, including the mental health specialist, the child and youth support specialist and the housing liaison.
- Coordinate and monitor wrap-around service planning for the client family.
- Support the client family to navigate systems.
- Advocate on behalf of the client family.
- Provide information about and/or referrals to appropriate community agencies and resources.
- Collaborate with community agencies and partners regarding the needs of the client family.
- Maintaining accurate documentation in client files.
Desired qualifications will include:
- A bachelor’s degree in a human services field is preferred, but a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A diploma in a Human Services field is required.
- Registration with professional discipline preferred.
- Case management and/or outreach experience required.
- Understanding of crisis management and supportive counseling
- Understanding of the intersection between domestic violence, poverty and homelessness.
- Understanding of the Housing First model.
- Knowledge of trauma informed practice
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Creative problem solving skills
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Discovery House is a committed equal opportunity employer.