Discovery Community College is an accredited Private Career College in British Columbia, with Campuses across Vancouver Island, Surrey and Maple Ridge. Our goal is to provide all our students with an exceptional educational experience that fully prepares them for their chosen field. Our 96% 2012 graduate employment rate is a glowing testament to our total commitment to student success.
As part of our continuing growth we are pleased to announce that we will soon be launching our Police Foundations Diploma Program. Our anticipated start date will be early 2014. This comprehensive program will bring together industry leading educational content delivered by highly skilled professionals. That is where you come in!
We are looking for skilled professionals to help us bring this industry leading training to our students. If you are an industry professional, with a minimum of two years of relevant experience this could be the opportunity to join a progressive college and help develop this program from the ground up. While teaching experience is not a requirement, presentation experience is an asset. Most importantly you have a strong desire to help shape the next generation of policing, public safety, security, by-law enforcement, and related justice professionals.
Skills & Abilities required include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of the Canadian Criminal Justice System, the Canadian Charter of Rights, and the Canadian Criminal Code
- Training experience preferred
- Proficient in lesson planning
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to establish and maintain an appropriate level of authority in the classroom
- Ability to create an atmosphere of support and confidence for students
- Possess good interpersonal skills and sound judgment
- Possess effective critical thinking skills
Education or Experience required:
Certificate/diploma/degree or professional qualification related to field of instruction.
Minimum of two years relevant occupational experience related to the area of instruction.
Interested? Please email your cover letter and resume/portfolio to the attention of Lois Harvey, HR Coordinator. Please include your compensation requirements.