Discovery Community College is an accredited Private Career College, with Campuses across Vancouver Island, Surrey and Maple Ridge. Our goal is to provide all our students with an exceptional educational experience that fully prepares them for their chosen field. Our 96% 2012 graduate employment rate is a glowing testament to our total commitment to student success.
We currently have an opening in our Nanaimo campus for an instructor in its Computerized Business Program. If you are an experienced user of MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, and Excel with strong organizational, leadership, and communication skills, together with a working knowledge of Simply Accounting and QuickBooks, this could be a great opportunity to join the DCC team and expand your career. This is a part-time position consisting of two 4- hour days (Mondays and Tuesdays)
Skills & Abilities required include but are not limited to:
- Good computer skills
- Adult education experience
- Strong ability to work as a team player
- Ability to establish and maintain an appropriate level of authority in the classroom
- Ability to create an atmosphere of support and confidence for students
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to deal effectively with stress
- Possess good interpersonal skills and sound judgment
- Possess effective critical thinking skills
Education or Experience required:
Certificate/diploma/degree or professional qualification related to Accounting and/or Bookkeeping and to Computerized Business applications.
Minimum of two years relevant occupational experience related to the area of instruction.
Interested applicants please email your resume and cover-letter or fax to 250-287-9838 to the attention of Lois Harvey