Discovery Community College is an accredited Private Career College, with Campuses across Vancouver Island, Surrey and Maple Ridge. Our goal is to provide all our students with an exceptional educational experience that fully prepares them for their chosen field. Our 96% 2012 graduate employment rate is a glowing testament to our total commitment to student success.
We currently have an opening in our Nanaimo campus for an instructor in its Practical Nurse Program. If you are an RN or BSCN and have strong organizational and leadership skills with acute care experience, this could be a great opportunity to join the DCC team and expand your career. This position offers daytime hours.
Skills & Abilities required include but are not limited to:
- Good computer skills
- Adult education experience
- Strong ability to work as a team player
- Ability to establish and maintain an appropriate level of authority in the classroom
- Ability to create an atmosphere of support and confidence for students
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to deal effectively with stress
- Possess good interpersonal skills and sound judgment
- Possess effective critical thinking skills
Education or Experience required:
RN or BSCN licensed to practice in British Columbia.
Minimum of two years relevant occupational experience related to the area of instruction.
Interested applicants please email your resume and cover-letter or fax to 250-287-9838 to the attention of Lois Harvey