Discovery Academy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great learning environment
Manager, Human Resources (Former Employee), Provo, UTDecember 10, 2015
Pros: Free Meals
Cons: No breaks
Discover Academy was a pleasure to work for. The clients came from all over the nation and all had different upbringings which was great to talk about but at times difficult when one client bumps heads with another due to different upbringings. I had the pleasure of managing the residential side and was able to work side by side with the therapists and school advisers. Each client had different needs and constant training were given to the staff to help them out in assisting the clients in their personal growth and development. The therapist were great. The activities were well thought out and prepared for. The advancement was limited until someone left the company or you stood out among the other employees. I kept training the staff to take my position to motivate them and leaders did prevail. The benefits were just the general. All in all, Discovery Academy was a fantastic company to work for at that time in my life.
productive workplace
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), chicago,ilSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: creating my own menu plan
Discovery Academy was a great energetic place to work. I was in charge of preparing menus as well as meals & encouraging children to try new foods. I've learned how to budget & maintain product cost. I worked very well with my co-workers. the hardest part of my job was leaving because I know the children will not get the diverse, nutritious meals they most likely don't get a home. the most enjoyable part is seeing kids enjoy food of all kinds And they encourage their parents to cook foods they otherwise wouldn't.
Excellent In all aspects
STAFF SERVICES COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Provo, UtahMay 26, 2012
Pros: respect, room for advancement, excellent staff morale
Cons: no breaks, none really needed ever.
The company treats its employees extremely well and provides them with opportunities to advance and grow. I love the fact that I got paid to "play" such as hiking, skiing/snowboarding, fishing, etc but still was provided a more professional training and treated with respect from all.
very fast paced child care enviroment, but enjoyed being busy.
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Frisco, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: awesome boss
Cons: short lunches
overall was a great experience and enjoyed the people I worked with. I just wish it might have been a little more organized. Some days were great and running smooth and some days I felt like the whole place was about to fall apart.
Productive and motivational work environment.
Supervisor/Mentor (Former Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: company paid for activites out in the community, free lunches, being able to witness and contribute to students emotional and intellectual progress.
Cons: high stress environment
Discovery Academy was a wonderful work experience. I was able to aid in the rehabilitation of many wonderful students. As a supervisor I was also able to contribute to staff's growth towards successful interaction with students and fellow employees.
Rewarding
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), TeacherAugust 14, 2015
Pros: working with children, hours, doing what I love
Cons: childrens with behavior issues
Taught a half-day pre school program class of 10 children. The day was broke down into short increments of time in order to maintain the attention of young children. This job was rewarding and enjoyable.
Need lots of patients working with kids who don't want help. The most enjoyable is seeing slowly wanting to change for the better.
Mentor (Current Employee), Provo, UTSeptember 12, 2013
Typical day is waking the kids up, have them do chores, roll call,take them to activites, redirecting them. Helping them with school and have advocate time with them and listen to them.
Great and amazing place to work
Supervisor/Mentor (Former Employee), Provo, UTOctober 10, 2013
Pros: love the students
Cons: everyday is so different
•Modeling a positive lifestyle with students
•Facilitating experiential and enrichment opportunities
•Teaching pro-social values, social competencies, and healthy lifestyles
•Promoting positive identity development and appreciation
Staff for trouble teens
Staff (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 18, 2013
Pros: listening to the youths
Cons: not seeing them after 18 of age they leave
I mostly enjoy Helping the youths with there problems I know I was one just like them.
Love my job with this company
Supervisor/mentor (Former Employee), Provo UtahSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: excellent working environment
great people to work with. Love how their able to change these teenagers life for the good.
Great Place to Work
OWNER / DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Current Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 1, 2015
Discovery Academy is a great daycare with a successful established program . Great team work is this fun family like environment to work in.
Discovery Academy
Director of Students (Dean) (Former Employee), Lake Alfred, FLMarch 12, 2014
First charter school I ever worked for and it was a great experience.
Good daycare
Lead Infant Teacher (Former Employee), Papillion, NEOctober 14, 2012
Pros: childcare discount
Cons: wages
Good place to work. Teachers and management care about the kids.