Discount Car and Truck Rentals Employee Review

View all Discount Car and Truck Rentals reviews

Very good place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2013
Great company to network yourself. Very fast paced. Very good place to really work on your customer servive skills.
Pros
great reward

Other Discount Car and Truck Rentals Employee Reviews

does anyone know whats going on?
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2017
At the time the management from the top down treated the staff at a couple of the locations I worked at like we were expendable. No opportunity to actually own the job.

At the branch location, there were a lot of kids fresh out of university working for the first time at management level. The company's reputation suffered because of this culture. Customers frustrated because product that they ordered wasn't available or ready when needed.

Every branch had a click(ish) feel to it. There was no team approach or the ability to make newcomers (and a lot of new folks came and left) feel like their contributions are appreciated.

The last shift that I was called to do and turned down was to a location that was an hour across the city (each way) for a three hour shift. I would of netted $10.00 after fuel expenses. Not worth it
Pros
interaction with customers
Cons
lack of leadership from management and no ownership of the job
Worst working Experience I have ever had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB17 October 2017
Management was awful, especially central AB OPS manager. And I'll just say #metoo and no one cared until i was to fed up and left. I could go on and on but I won't
Pros
N/a
Cons
#metoo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discount Car and Truck Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5