Discount Car and Truck Rentals Employee Reviews

Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
Company Is Strong And Good But Management Needs Improving. Wasn't The Best Job But the Employees Together Made Everything Roll Accurate
Discount
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Manager had no respect, he was so arrogant. Once he disrespected me. I had to leave the company. And also they would switch my location everyday. The company is full of manipulators and liars
Exciting atmosphere,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 January 2017
Typically every day started with picking up customers who needed a ride from the body shop to our office for a rental vehicle.
We would also call customers who had a rental vehicle reserved to confirm the time the vehicle was needed.
Everyday rentals needed to be maintain mechanically
Pros
Learned great details about marketing rental vehicles
Cons
The office was always cold in the winter
great work environment
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2016
its a great place to work, the pay could be better though with all the work being put in. running a location alone is quite challenging but I enjoy every bit of it
Pros
free lunches friday
Cons
so much hours
stay away
MIT (Manager in Training) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
Poor pay.
Very bad customer service.
Over promises and under delivering to both employees and customers.

I had great Managers and colleagues but the business structure was flawed. They always over book cars and hen do not have vehicles for customers to rent to and since you are there, you get blamed for the reservation from head office...
Enjoyable
Customer Service Representitive- Made (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB29 September 2016
Easy job to do, some days are extremely busy but yet some days are quite slow and you don't have much to do. Great hours of work which makes family life easier.
Pros
Daily Overtime
Cons
Bonus plan not quite what I thought
Great Organization - Canadian Owned and Operated
Assistant Manager, Fleet Department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2016
Great opportunity learned many facets of the business - customer service, franchise operations, fleet as well as day to day operations.
Days at work
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 September 2016
Id have to wash cars and clean them. Also pick up and drop off customers who have rented a car. Or are going to rent a car. Also the manager would switch my location every week so i was not able to keep switching. I was being moved around like a pawn on a chess board so I had to leave the company. Horrible Management.
Fun workplace if management is right
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2016
- Come into work every morning and do a lot check for vehicles
- check reservations for current day and upcoming days
- make sure vehicles needed for today was cleaned and ready
- deal with accounts receivables and payables on a daily basis
Pros
Got to drive so many cool cars
Not Like Retail
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON5 September 2016
If you have a retail background like I do, be warned....this is NOT like working retail.

It's much much worse.

Every customer you deal with feels like they deserve special treatment.

Avoid this place...and probably rental car companies in general.
Great company to work for
Assistant Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2016
I truly Enjoyed my job here But There was no growth within the company for me. This job taught me a lot .delegating my staff working with different branch and affiliated companies.working under pressure and being organized.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
No growth within the company
Worst company to wok
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2016
Poor management. Always overbook and no cars. And they expect you to magic a car to give to their customers. No breaks most of the time and does not pay you for it even you mentioned you weren't able to take break. It is better to work in fast-food chains than here.
Pros
get to test drive different cars if available
Survival job
Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2016
It is good company to work , I love working with discount but you cant choose it as your career as there is no career oriented approach by the
Management.

It is a survival job for everyone who is working here. They give good 40 hours to work in a week.

Salary wise they just pay little above the basic,

Benefits are not bad.

Most fun part of job is that you ride new cars each day.

You interact with new customers everyday which enhances your customer service skills
Terribly managed
District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta17 July 2016
The Alberta province is terribly managed and in a downward spiral. I was not treated fairly by the Regional Director and did not have my concerns acknowledged.
Customer Service/Sales Representative
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  330 Steeles Ave West15 July 2016
Just like any other hospitality job, working at Discount required us to manage our time extremely well. Preparing the vehicle a day before the reserved date and time, cleaning cars, making sure all clients are written up on the agreement properly and doing auto insurance sales for all of our sources or rental. (retail, dealerships, bodyshops and insurance companies)
Pros
Great people to work with, new work experience and very interactive.
Cons
Long hours, lack of supply and poor management
Fast paced enviroment
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2016
Working with great people in a strong emphasis on teammwork. Helping customers and delivering vehicles to different locations. Resolving customer issues and meeting sales quotas
Pros
Free lunches on Friday
Cons
Long hours, Low pay, High stress.
Worst place I've ever worked
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2016
Terrible company. High employee turnover rate. Regularly overbooks, and expects their employees to deal with the fallout - i.e. grovel profusely to irate customers who were naturally expecting their reservations to be honoured - on a regular basis. Do not work here if you have any pride and/or shame.
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Cons
Did not like most of the people I worked for. They did nothing to improve bad company policies.
Interesting workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2016
It was a different kind of environment to work in , very disorganized and confusing. I met some great individuals and enjoyed the christmas party.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Disorganized
Roles
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2016
I would usually start 7:30 am have a team huddle and we would see how many cars we would need to have for all the reservations we have for the day. I would start assigning tasks to employees to complete by the end of their shifts. As a team we arrange picking up of cars if the location is short of cars which is sometimes difficult because as a company their are way to much reservations then cars. The best part of my job is that it was a fun environment and all my co-workers were wonderful people.
Pros
Getting to drive different car everyday
Cons
Fleet Management was poor
Great
Washing and driving cars (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2016
Its a great environment with great people even though at some days it gets really stressful but other days its doing good. Learned how to handle new cars and how a car rental company works. Co-workers are very nice and helpful.
Pros
Good co-workers and free of stress
Cons
Lots of complaning

2.6