Discount Car and Truck Rentals Employee Review

View all Discount Car and Truck Rentals reviews

A lot expected with not much return.
Service Attendant/ Acting Counter Service Staff (Current Employee) –  Laird, ON11 March 2013
I began working cleaning cars for minimum wage which was fine for me at the time because of the level of enjoyment compared to the workload. The guaranteed 44 hours was a bonus for someone like me looking to make money. However everything changed when the counter position at my store left leaving me to fill his role. It has now been almost 5 months and the promotion I was promised over 3 months ago has still not come. They pressure you about your sales and your punctuality with lure of your 'pending' promotion because those are the apparent requirements for promotion. Worst part is that I'm actually good at the job so my manager has started taking advantage of the fact and now leaves the branch as often as he can. Tomorrow he is actually taking his car during work hours to have his brake pads and rotors replaced. Stay away from discount.

PS We get free lunches on long weekends but we got capped due to the employee I replaced and even though they are long gone the 20$ cap still remains. This company, just like most of their employees, doesn't care about anything.
Pros
a bit of overtime now and again adds about 50$ to the paycheque.
Cons
at this point, too many to name.

Other Discount Car and Truck Rentals Employee Reviews

Over all good environtment
Repair Operations Coordinator (contract) (Current Employee) –  North York, ON7 January 2018
comfortable pay. flexible hours. There is a hierarchy. always better to work at head office. if your looking for steady pay and have a good personality its a great place to work.
Pros
Staff is friendly and diverse
Cons
Lots of back logged work
Can be busy and handling customer let downs
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 December 2017
Extra retail pressures to exceed expected numbers. Fulfilling when achieved. As management its a full day of different responsibilities from reports, meetings to customer service.
Pros
Opportunity to have good earnings
Cons
Without support it is impossible to reach expectations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discount Car and Truck Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9