Discount Car and Truck Rental

Discount Car and Truck Rental Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Structured
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Management could be a little more supportive towards employees.
Overworked, Underpaid and Unappreciated
Manager in Training (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioDecember 4, 2013
Pros: meeting people in automotive industry and networking
Cons: work culture and long hours and salary
This is not a good company to work for. If you really need a job, it is a good transitional job to have for 6 months. If you are thinking of staying longer I wouldn't as you may get canned. There is very little potential for job growth. This company wants to squeeze every penny out of you!

Regardless of pay, the job culture at discount is one of the – more... worst that I've ever seen. Mcdonald's is a better place to work with more potential.

Also, this is a CAR company. Do you think Discount has cars to rent on a regular basis? the answer is no. NO product= very stressful for worker.

My advice- If you want to work long hours, GO OUT WEST to Alberta. – less
Management will promise the world.
Management Trainee (Former Employee), North York, ONOctober 22, 2013
Pros: drive cars. spend lots of time driving around.
Cons: manditory overtime. high turnover
I worked for this company for less than a year. I've seen many different faces come and go. The reliable workers get screwed.

Management doesnt know what their doing. Its a great in between job.
No Job security
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa,ONSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: drive fancy cars
Cons: bad management
The management is terrible. The operations manager and managers make empty promises. The long hours i didn't mind but there is no job security with this company. I saw people get fired for no just reasons. Glad i left when i did. For anyone looking at working for this company, hope for a good manager and location. it makes a lot difference.
Sad
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Bracebridge, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: cars
Cons: see review-alot
*taken from another review but said well* Terrible company to work for. No job security. terrible pay. Operations manager unable to make decisions by himself, and always tried to get others in trouble when things went wrong. Would recommend no one work for this company.

had a great local manager however corporate env't is terrible full of promises – more... that are never fulfilled.

Your health will drastically decline, the stress and pressure is no where near worth the pay and appreciation received.

if you can help it DO NOT APPLY! – less
Work hard with minimum downtime
Customer Sales Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2013
Working for Discount was fun. I enjoyed driving all the new fancy cars. Pick up and dropping off clients. Checking in and out clients. Definitely a job that will keep you on your feet and constantly working hard.
Hard work with honesty will always payoff
Manager in Training (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 15, 2013
Pros: drive new cars eveyday
Cons: long hours
Running the location as an acting manager with 5 staff underneath me for last six months.

I am a simple individual with a high ambition. I want to touch the clouds while I have my feet on the ground.

I do work hard and always keep myself busy because at work place there is always something to do.

Like to take more responsibility everyday and try – more... to follow them step by step.

Always like to stay on top of work. – less
This place was horrible
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 29, 2013
Pros: the people you work with are nice
Cons: 44+ hour work weeks
Most people who were working here were either in school or in between jobs at the time. Turn over rate was ridiculous high, management had no direction in terms of work, a lot of people here just didn't care about their jobs after a month
Manager
Manager (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONApril 22, 2013
Oversaw one of the rental branches through the coaching and mentoring of sales and service personnel to strive for optimized productivity
Reported directly to the Operations Manager and was accountable for the financial management of the branch and directing sales efforts
Liased as the primary contact for corporate, body shop and dealership accounts
Examined – more... fleet and sales reports to assess the operational activities of the branch
Investigated and resolved customer service issues to ensure customers expectations were met and in line with corporate standards – less
Productive,fun enviroment
Customer service Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto,OntarioMarch 25, 2013
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: long work days.
Productive and fun environment. Great co-workers.
Love the rental industry.
I enjoyed my employment
Team lead (Former Employee), red deer, abFebruary 2, 2013
worked from 7 am to 6pm most days
that I am really good at customer service and that I needed more staff\
the management was good
I enjoyed my co workers
being in charge and having no training
the customers and the team I worked with
Counter Staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), YorkmillsOctober 11, 2012
Customer Service
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2012
Great stepping stone, knowledge on fashion, learning experience, room for growth
Day of a Customer Service Representative
Service Attendant/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ON 134 Jarvis St.August 24, 2012
Pros: great knowlegde of the principles of insurance, vehicles, and geography of the territory.
Cons: long hours, performed managerial duties for minimum wage
The day begins with checking the list of customers that reserved a rental car/truck. confirming whether or not the customer will be coming in too pick up the vehicle. i would make sure our vehicle inventory is ready to be rented. make sure the oil has been changed, has windsheild washer fluid, and if the car has been cleaned/detailed.

when a customer – more... comes in to take out a rental car, i make sure the customer has a valid drivers license and as well as a major credit card for a security hold. I also make sure that the customer has the proper insurance to be able drive with peace of mind. once those steps are made, I make sure that customer has a vehicle that meets their needs/wants.

the co-workers are hard- working, relatable , fun people who are willing to share their knowlege of the business and how to deal with certain scenerios.

the hardest part of the job is mulitasking. Discount at the dowtown core area is the busiest branch in Ontario. we have to have the skill to handle upwards of 100+ pickups/returns as well as handling phone calls, and making sure our cars are managed well in our parking lot which holds only 60 cars.

the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers of different age groups, ethnicities/ backrounds. you gain a vast amount of knowlege what happens in the city, driving many different types of vehicles common ad luxurious. – less
Great Job as I enjoy working directly with the public
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), ScarboroughJuly 12, 2012
•Check customers in and out on RMS. Completes contracts; Admin Duties.
•Customer Service, Phone Skills, Daily driving
Pretty good place to work
Car Attendant (Former Employee), PeterboroughJune 22, 2012
This was one of my fav jobs. I dont know why I let my self leave it. I so would do this again. Im happy to say this was a great place to work.

sujsundhar – May 30, 2013

Not a good company to work if you are looking for grwth. 70% of the employees quit their job with in a year. You can only dream about raise. They hire managers who is not even good as CSR. I worked for this company and highly recomend NOT to work for this company. Believe me, you will be wasting your time if you try. Employees quiting their jobs all the times that is why they are always hiring.