KINACTIVATION a division of Disability Management Institute Inc. is growing and we are looking for tenacious, self-motivated individuals, able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team of Self Employed Consultants. Opportunities are available for the role of RETURN TO WORK SPECIALIST throughout Nova Scotia.
WE specialize in improving and restoring the physical and mental health of individuals to help them return to working and living. We focus on improving ability, accomplished by activity and symptom management through the development of individualized rehabilitation plans.
YOU ARE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU:
- Are an Occupational Therapist or Registered Kinesiologist
- Are a good time manager, embrace technology, are able to turn reports around within 48 hours, like to build rapport with your clients, and have a genuine affinity to help people get back to working and living!
- Consider yourself a problem solver and you look at a barrier as an opportunity to be creative and strategic to reach your goals.
- Are detail oriented, organized and love to write objective reports utilizing excellent grammar and meaningful relevant content.
- Can successfully manage your own caseload and have a willingness to learn the “KinActivation” method of assessing Clients, developing treatment plans, collaborating and treating clients.
- Enjoy the challenge of working with a difficult population, seeing this as an opportunity to develop your skill-set even further.
- Have experience developing and implementing rehabilitation programs that effectively facilitate a client’s return to employment.
- Have knowledge and/or experience in the areas of Pain Management, Activation, Return to Work Planning, Ergonomics, job coaching, work hardening, strength conditioning and therapeutic exercise/aqua therapy programs, WCB Claims
AS A RETURN TO WORK SPECIALIST KINACTIVATION EXPECTS YOU TO:
- Assess physical, psychological, cognitive, functional and vocational status through the administration of formal and informal assessments.
- Formulate and implement individualized, client centered, goal oriented rehabilitation programs to facilitate a return to function and gainful employment.
- Monitor, change and adjust rehabilitation plan as appropriate.
- Effectively engage clients to participate in their rehabilitation.
- Facilitate return to function through the design, development and implementation of individualized objective Activation/Conditioning/Work Hardening Programs.
- Develop and facilitate Return to Work programs and ensure sustainability by providing job coaching and mentoring.
- Manage you own KinActivation caseload of 3+ files and ensure your case notes are accurate and up to date at all times.
- Have a home office including computer, printer/scanner, professional phone (prefer cell) and internet connection.
- Have access to a personal vehicle with willingness to travel within Nova Scotia
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Nova Scotia OR Registered Kinesiologist (R.Kin)
- Have Professional Liability Insurance
If this position sounds like a great fit for you and you want to be part of our growing team, please forward your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard