Disability Management Institute (www.disabilityinstitute.com), offers small and medium sized employers flexible innovative solutions to their disability management needs.
We are seeking an office administrator who can join our growing team based out of our Port Coquitlam office. We are looking for a dynamic individual whose strong administrative skills and attention to detail are matched by their dedication to providing exceptional customer service. This position requires an extremely high level of accuracy and an ability to consistently meet deadlines for service standards (typically tasks must be completed within 24 hours of being assigned).
We offer competitive pay, 26 long weekends a year through our fortnight program, a wellness program, educational and training reimbursements. If the position becomes permanent we also offer extremely supportive benefits package and 9 flex days per year.
In this position your daily responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Filling out standard forms with client details in order to confirm coverage for benefits.
- Preparing standard letters and calculating benefit payments for individuals receiving short-term disability benefits.
- Compiling completed benefit forms and submitting Short-Term and Long-Term disability applications to our insurance carrier contacts.
- Providing high quality customer service acting as a first point of contact for all telephonic and walk-in traffic. Our office receives primarily telephonic traffic.
- Updating proprietary database system, storing documents and notifying staff when new documents (e.g. benefits decision letters, Dr’s notes, medical information, etc.) are received.
- Coordinating outgoing mail, letters, faxes and couriers.
- Sorting and distributing all incoming mail.
- Assisting office staff with a variety of tasks including clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing and filing.
- Maintaining and ordering of office supplies.
- Reconciling petty cash and Mastercard bill at month-end.
- Communicating with IT staff on issues impacting system functioning (e.g. problems impacting printer, fax machine, etc.)
- Acting as a backup to the Intake Coordinator, receiving and processing new files for both the Eastern and Western regional offices.
- Creating new employee files and absence files, entering and tracking all correspondence in the proprietary system and setting up reminders for Early Intervention Coordinators to follow up.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Management.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Previous office administration experience
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong initiative to do what needs to be done and follow through with the completion of tasks
- Ability to creatively problem solve when encountering new information or tasks.
- Ability to adapt to changes in process or procedure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Possess excellent phone manner and good customer service skills
- Professional and friendly demeanor
- Working knowledge of medical terminology would be beneficial.
- Intermediate computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PDF and Outlook.
If interested in this position please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all those who apply however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.