One of Canada’s foremost national disability management organizations, Disability Management Institute (DMI), offers employers and employees flexible innovative solutions to their disability management needs.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill an “EARLY INTERVENTION COORDINATOR” position in our Eastern Regional Office located in BARRIE, ONTARIO.
This is a 6 month contract position with the potential to become permanent. We offer challenge, job satisfaction, competitive pay and numerous additional incentives as well as an extremely supportive benefits package if the position becomes permanent.
- Planning, developing and implementing goal-oriented claims management plans including facilitation and management of graduated return to work plans.
- Communicating with employees, employers, insurance carriers and medical professionals to collect outstanding information, field questions and provide support through phone calls, emails and letters.
- Obtaining medical and functional information through interviews, review of standard and written correspondence.
- Working directly with Insurance Companies, Medical professionals and Employers to assist Employees’ in achieving maximum function and develop healthy return-to-work initiatives.
- Examining, analyzing, and compiling all information relevant to disability claim forms.
- Identifying, obtaining and analyzing key medical information.
- Addressing and resolving issues identified by internal and external stakeholders.
- Efficiently organizing information from multiple sources.
- Constant prioritization of challenging demands associated with tight timelines.
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Human Resources, Health Sciences, or a related field is preferred.
- Bilingualism (French/English would be preferred and considered an asset).
- Familiarity with medical terminology, and pharmacology would be an asset.
- Intermediate PC skills - including data entry, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Strong problem-solving, team player, communication and decision making skills.
- Insurance claims (STD & LTD) knowledge or experience would be helpful.
- Group Benefits and Human Resources experience is helpful, not required.
All interested applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and cover letter quoting the position title “Early Intervention Coordinator - Eastern Office" in the subject line.
We thank all of those who apply however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 23 months ago