The Disability Management Institute is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill a “Claims Management Specialist” position in our Western Regional Office located in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia. We offer challenge, job satisfaction, competitive pay and numerous additional incentives as well as an extremely supportive benefits package.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Collecting information to complete Form 7 for medical aid and lost time injuries, reviewing for accuracy and submitting to WSBC on behalf of employers for processing.
- Communicating with employees, employers and WSBC to collect outstanding information, field questions and provide support through phone calls, emails and letters.
- Assessing claim progression and developing and implementing gradual return to work plans and modified return to work plans where appropriate.
- Monitoring return to work plans to ensure plan progression, make modifications when necessary, confirm hours worked, appropriate payments have been made, and communicate updates to WSBC and relevant parties.
- Reviewing all WSBC correspondence to verify correct adjudication has occurred and correct assignment of claim costs has occurred.
- Performing all other duties as assigned by Management.
Education & Experience
- Completion of college diploma or bachelors degree and 1 to 2 years experience in claims management, disability management, health sciences or a related field.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Rehabilitation Services and Claims Manual Volume 2 (R.S.C.M) would be an asset
- Ability to read and understand medical terminology and WSBC terminology
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills to work effectively with employers, employees, WSBC and treatment providers (i.e. good relationship building skills, exceptional customer service).
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills including the ability to evaluate case information and provide recommendations to employers/employees on sensitive/confidential issues and to counsel where required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, excellent time management, follow-up, organization and multi-tasking skills.
All interested applicants are encouraged to click in the following link in order to apply http://disabilityinstitute.recruiterbox.com/jobs/12099