Directbuy

Directbuy Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and exciting work enviornment, great people.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: fun fridays
Cons: can get repetitive
Learned a lot in customer service and about myself as an individual would suggest anyone to work here. Great benefits and great people.
ok
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 12, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DirectBuy
Booking agent (Current Employee), OttawaSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: great break structure
Cons: saturdays i work until 1:30pm
I enjoy where I work, my job comes very naturally to me and I am very good at what I do. My job is 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm which is perfect because it enables me to do other things.. i.e. working another job to make more money for my future.
Hoibble Place to work
Customer Service/ Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 22, 2013
This is a horrible place to work with no management and no one knows what they are doing.
Revolving Door Attitude
ADMINISTRATION AND CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 22, 2012
Pros: free lunches and bonuses if certain high goal is reached
Cons: low wages, bullying tactics.
Management has little value for employees who have proven their abilities, all about numbers, has a revolving door re: hiring and terminating, low wages, management has bullying tendencies, has been reorted to Workplace Health and Safety who took steps investigate and assure a policy was put in place for first time.
Professional, dedicated and fun environment!
Administrative Assistant to Director of Sales (Former Employee), Merrillville, INAugust 22, 2014
Pros: wonderful culture.
Cons: company was bought out and culture was not as warm and team-oriented
I worked m-f 830-5. I worked overtime a couple hours once in a while.
I developed my professional communication and sales skills. I learned to multi-task, through excellent coaching from my supervisors and managing many areas of the sales dept.
Management was absolutely amazing in their professionalism, team work, dedication and passion.
My co-workers – more... really worked together as a team and were always positive and productive.
The hardest part was that the company was bought out from the original owners. The culture changed dramatically.
I loved the culture previous to the buy out. – less
not so great
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: short breaks, long hours
The people were very friendly and helpful at times.. since the cubicles are in back a lot of the workers came in with a foul mood at times. And the management wanted us to hide who we were, I was told to change my voice because my Mexican accent was too strong, so I had to speak like a "non-Spanish speaking woman" and had to tell other Mexicans that – more... I did not know Spanish and hang up at once! – less
Difficult job with difficult management
Lead Generator (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 30, 2014
Directbuy is a call center, you essentially need to have a great speaking voice and a lot of patience. I found the management to be extremely unprofessional especially since religion is a topic that should not be discussed at work. Having someone else's views shoved on you is unacceptable.
not a place to work
Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee), Merriville,INJune 22, 2014
Pros: decent schedule
Cons: rude management and poor pto
management not very nice or personable. The work load is not worth the pay. They offer poor PTO time, You are supposed to support the team members in your group but more often then not you end up working on your work, someone else work in your group, and also another groups work which you are poorly trained on. While expected to finish your own reports – more... within the time givin. Also you are not allowed to socialize and meet the people you work with so the team effort is not cemented within the company. You end up with poor service and employees who do not like the job. This is one of the reasons for the companies high turn over ratings. Also the raises that were promised with hire never come around. One person had been employed with Directbuy for five years and had not received any raises that was supposed to be given. The managers are very rude and act with heirs and superiority. – less
Can't complain at all!
Home Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee), Merrillville, INJune 3, 2014
Pros: see my review (to many to list)
Cons: work week is only 37.5hrs/wk
The work environment is awesome at DirectBuy! Everyone is nice, friendly, and courteous to each other. Management is fair and personable. The benefits are awesome, and the pay is above average for Indiana. To top it all off, the moral is sky high! Every month there is a company wide meeting where the employee of the month is awarded with praise, a trophy, – more... airfare to the company conference (this year it was in Orlando, FL), a VIP parking spot, and a few other nice things. Other employees win gift cards, and are also recognized for things like team work, doing a job well done and other categories. The office closes at 3 on Fridays during the summer, there is breakfast with the CEO, celebrations for birthdays, "spirit days", fun competitions to raise money for various charities and causes. AND more-than-the-normal amount of paid holiday. Just to name a few things. If you can get a job at DirectBuy - you are lucky, because it's an amazing place to work :) – less
Franchise owner actually lied about job requirements.
Bookeeper/ Human Resources (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILApril 13, 2014
Cons: poor management
I was hired for bookkeeping. I was actually responsible for that plus human resources, office managent. The added jobs did not reflect a raise in pay.
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Crown Point, INMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: sometimes being in the office can get tiring
It was on the phone sales. I learned how to take calls and close sales. Management was great. They helped me improve my phone skills.
Fun place to work
Marketing consultant (Former Employee), Woodside, NYFebruary 2, 2014
customer service
answering phone calls
scheduling appointments
company in constant transition
Merchandise Specialist (Current Employee), Merrillville, INFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: holiday parties
Cons: work load
As a somewhat controversial buying club, DirectBuy has has it's challenges over the past many years. I am grateful that I was able to maintain employment and insurance.
Good Company
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Merrillville, INJanuary 12, 2014
Very motivating and uplifting team setting. Enjoyable work environment overall.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Uniontown, OHDecember 19, 2013
Help customers, phones, and face to face customer service.
Tolerable work environment. Nice fit for anyone who is self-motivated and independent minded.
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochelle Park, NJOctober 14, 2013
Working 3 departments 5 days a week while being significantly underpaid could be monotonous to many but for me it helped pass the time instead of staying in routine for too long. I only enjoyed my time there because I dictated what I needed to do and was able to bounce around from department to department to keep myself preoccupied.
Its where I have worked for 6 years.
❸ Manager (Current Employee), Rockwall,TXSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: love the people i work for and work with
Cons: no benefits, no pot, no room for improvement or raises.
I do more work then others, and I do jobs that I am not paid to do. The owners need to take classes in how to run a business. I have more education then any other person that works for your company and that includes the owners. I love the people that work for me they are great people but at the end of the day its just business.
Its where I have worked for 6 years.
❸ Manager (Current Employee), Rockwall,TXSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: love the people i work for and work with
Cons: no benefits, no pot, no room for improvement or raises.
Marketing
Marketing Agent (Former Employee), Peoria, AZAugust 26, 2013
I was making out-bound calls to warm leads. I learned how to relate to people I had never met, and build relationships with them.

1 2 3

About Directbuy

Since 1971, DirectBuy has helped hundreds of thousands of families enjoy a better quality of life, enabling them to buy directly – Read more