Directbuy

Directbuy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and exciting work enviornment, great people.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: fun fridays
Cons: can get repetitive
Learned a lot in customer service and about myself as an individual would suggest anyone to work here. Great benefits and great people.
ok
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 12, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DirectBuy
Booking agent (Current Employee), OttawaSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: great break structure
Cons: saturdays i work until 1:30pm
I enjoy where I work, my job comes very naturally to me and I am very good at what I do. My job is 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm which is perfect because it enables me to do other things.. i.e. working another job to make more money for my future.
Hoibble Place to work
Customer Service/ Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 22, 2013
This is a horrible place to work with no management and no one knows what they are doing.
Revolving Door Attitude
ADMINISTRATION AND CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 22, 2012
Pros: free lunches and bonuses if certain high goal is reached
Cons: low wages, bullying tactics.
Management has little value for employees who have proven their abilities, all about numbers, has a revolving door re: hiring and terminating, low wages, management has bullying tendencies, has been reorted to Workplace Health and Safety who took steps investigate and assure a policy was put in place for first time.
Individually owned franchises
Marketing (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAJanuary 10, 2015
I have work for several different DirectBuy franchises over the years. There I learned how to understand the wants, needs and concerns of the consumer and how to create an excellent customer experience as well as how to resolve customer issues. The quality of the work environment was directly related to the involvement, appreciation and communication of the franchise owners.
Amazing workplace and opportunity
data entry, sorting mail and filing (Former Employee), Merrillville,INJanuary 6, 2015
I performed clerical duties, maintained client files, review as well as prepared invoices, and utilized the payables systems to enter the invoices and give out credits if needed.
Many Ups and Downs
Sales Manager/Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 5, 2015
When I decided to leave the hospitality industry to work for DirectBuy would have rated them 5 stars in all categories. Throughout the years there was many ownership and leadership changes that had a very negative effect on the entire company. I learned many things that I believe will be beneficial to my future endeavors. The Company itself is unstable and I do not see a future for anyone involved.
transitory workplace
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Franklin, TNDecember 25, 2014
It was a company in the middle of huge transition that needed a lot of help.
Decent workplace, not a big enough team to perform tasks required by upper management
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Merrillville, INOctober 6, 2014
Pros: 1hr lunches
Cons: no room for advancement, does not recognize individuals for graduating in a field that is for current job functions
Work is typical just like any other job. Review emails, tickets, and update projects. I learned a great deal on the job, but i have plateaued at my current position and want to learn more. Management is decent but does not recognize individuals for graduating from school. They pay well below industry average for positions, even well below average for the area. Co-workers are great, friendly, and very helpful. Hardest part of the job is coming in to work to do all the work, knowing that you have plateaued with no room to grow. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other co-workers because they make it enjoyable at this company.
Professional, dedicated and fun environment!
Administrative Assistant to Director of Sales (Former Employee), Merrillville, INAugust 22, 2014
Pros: wonderful culture.
Cons: company was bought out and culture was not as warm and team-oriented
I worked m-f 830-5. I worked overtime a couple hours once in a while.
I developed my professional communication and sales skills. I learned to multi-task, through excellent coaching from my supervisors and managing many areas of the sales dept.
Management was absolutely amazing in their professionalism, team work, dedication and passion.
My co-workers really worked together as a team and were always positive and productive.
The hardest part was that the company was bought out from the original owners. The culture changed dramatically.
I loved the culture previous to the buy out.
not so great
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: short breaks, long hours
The people were very friendly and helpful at times.. since the cubicles are in back a lot of the workers came in with a foul mood at times. And the management wanted us to hide who we were, I was told to change my voice because my Mexican accent was too strong, so I had to speak like a "non-Spanish speaking woman" and had to tell other Mexicans that I did not know Spanish and hang up at once!
Difficult job with difficult management
Lead Generator (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 30, 2014
Directbuy is a call center, you essentially need to have a great speaking voice and a lot of patience. I found the management to be extremely unprofessional especially since religion is a topic that should not be discussed at work. Having someone else's views shoved on you is unacceptable.
not a place to work
Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee), Merriville,INJune 22, 2014
Pros: decent schedule
Cons: rude management and poor pto
management not very nice or personable. The work load is not worth the pay. They offer poor PTO time, You are supposed to support the team members in your group but more often then not you end up working on your work, someone else work in your group, and also another groups work which you are poorly trained on. While expected to finish your own reports within the time givin. Also you are not allowed to socialize and meet the people you work with so the team effort is not cemented within the company. You end up with poor service and employees who do not like the job. This is one of the reasons for the companies high turn over ratings. Also the raises that were promised with hire never come around. One person had been employed with Directbuy for five years and had not received any raises that was supposed to be given. The managers are very rude and act with heirs and superiority.
Can't complain at all!
Home Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee), Merrillville, INJune 3, 2014
Pros: see my review (to many to list)
Cons: work week is only 37.5hrs/wk
The work environment is awesome at DirectBuy! Everyone is nice, friendly, and courteous to each other. Management is fair and personable. The benefits are awesome, and the pay is above average for Indiana. To top it all off, the moral is sky high! Every month there is a company wide meeting where the employee of the month is awarded with praise, a trophy, airfare to the company conference (this year it was in Orlando, FL), a VIP parking spot, and a few other nice things. Other employees win gift cards, and are also recognized for things like team work, doing a job well done and other categories. The office closes at 3 on Fridays during the summer, there is breakfast with the CEO, celebrations for birthdays, "spirit days", fun competitions to raise money for various charities and causes. AND more-than-the-normal amount of paid holiday. Just to name a few things. If you can get a job at DirectBuy - you are lucky, because it's an amazing place to work :)
Franchise owner actually lied about job requirements.
Bookeeper/ Human Resources (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILApril 13, 2014
Cons: poor management
I was hired for bookkeeping. I was actually responsible for that plus human resources, office managent. The added jobs did not reflect a raise in pay.
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Crown Point, INMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: sometimes being in the office can get tiring
It was on the phone sales. I learned how to take calls and close sales. Management was great. They helped me improve my phone skills.
Fun place to work
Marketing consultant (Former Employee), Woodside, NYFebruary 2, 2014
customer service
answering phone calls
scheduling appointments
company in constant transition
Merchandise Specialist (Current Employee), Merrillville, INFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: holiday parties
Cons: work load
As a somewhat controversial buying club, DirectBuy has has it's challenges over the past many years. I am grateful that I was able to maintain employment and insurance.
Good Company
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Merrillville, INJanuary 12, 2014
Very motivating and uplifting team setting. Enjoyable work environment overall.

1 2 3

About Directbuy

Since 1971, DirectBuy has helped hundreds of thousands of families enjoy a better quality of life, enabling them to buy directly – Read more